All Comments on 'Not One For Weddings Ch. 07'

by FoodOfLove

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Chris's story was pretty unexpected...I hope that bastard who did that will rot in hell...And I'm also intrigued about Julian's family, keep writing...and Happy New Year

kitty198kitty198over 8 years ago
loved

I loved this chapter poor chris. Glad they finally admitted there love for each other. Happy new year x

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I like the overall storyline, but you overdid it in this chapter, especially the rape story, which was pretty over-the-top (not the story itself, but its place in the chapter).

First you start with the story of the family of Julian, which was believable. The you go to the "I love you" part, which connected very well and moved the relationship further.

And afterwards, all of a sudden, in the same night, the story of a rape that took place years ago pops up. For me it sounded very disconnected with the rest of the story. This crisis of Chris remembering about the rape does not connect well with what happened before and also does not connect well with the next morning. They behave like nothing happened.

And afterwards, at the end of the chapter, after they have met at a wedding, met the family of one of them, discussed work a lot, after one month of dating daily, being madly in love etc., Chris just finds out the name of Julian. This is not plausible at all...

The "I love you" story-line developed quite sweet in my opinion and you manage to balance very well the sex and the romance all the time. It's one of your main strengths.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it

I loved this story. It has a really good story line and I like the way you develop it. It was such a great way you address the issue of rape which happened to anyone of us and the way Julian was able to overcome the aspect of it was amazing. It also shows the love each character has for each other. You rock! Carry on the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hmm...

My sentiments were the same as Anonymous1. I, too, was thrown off by the timing of the rape story. But more incredulous with the last name discussion. If you were trying for a playful exchange about an already known last name, it didn't come off that way, but rather he didn't know Julian's name after a month of being together. If I remember correctly, Julian called Chris Mr. Haze at one point so he had to have know. It just read weird.

Still love the story and characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
YES!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! xoxoxoxo

SonicdaiseySonicdaiseyover 6 years ago
Speechless

I'm a hopeless romantic and this story has pulled at every single string of my heart. It pains me to think there's only a few chapters left.

sm1982sm1982over 4 years ago
I thought I had finished reading this story..

Reading over the comments, Chris is more open to sharing info about himself so Julian knew from the first weekend together what his last name was but Julian has never been voluntarily willing to share a lot without being asked. And the rape story isn’t sudden. There were a few references to something horrific happening to Chris in previous chapters. Hopefully in the next chapter, Julian finally opens up about his family and the reason he’s so reluctant to tell Chris about them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous