All Comments on 'Not So Easy Ch. 01'

by msound1

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not interesting

Way too political.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Enjoyed

Anonymous mentioned politics. It is a fact of higher education. When it comes to higher education there is a small war between the left and the right in American society.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Additional comment

I would like to see this story continued. It came to an end way too soon and leaves the reader wondering what happened in the long term.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too Political?

Crawl back to your Tea Party Red state.

It is documentable that conservatives are in favor of higher education -- but only for their children. Keeping poor people poor ensures their continued dominance over the middle and lower class. Many of my college classmates in the 1960s earned their tuition at a place called Pauline's.

I didn't have a pussy to sell so I spend my summers digging ditches, carrying hod and climbing telephone poles to pay my tuition. I admire the girls who took the risks to use their commodes to get an education.

KuroshioXKuroshioXover 8 years ago
This was good.

Elizabeth is definitely believable as a prostitute and delivers as a narrator.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice!

Politics weren't a bother to me? Loved it. The two main characters are well developed for such a short story, extremely believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Chapter 2?

I thought this was great. I hope you continue the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Soooo true

Our middle daughter did not have to earn money while she was in college but she was an economics/business administration major. Each student was to pick a job type that they thought could be turned into a business. Our daughter, like Elizabeth, "by accidental circumstances" became a prostitute. Today, 15 years after graduating with both a BS and a MBA, she owns a rather successful escort agency with over 35 "soccer moms" as "limited partner" escorts. All of the escorts except one are married and mothers (welllll a couple had babies not by their husband, but accidents do happen) including my daughter who has a son by my son-in-law and a daughter by my daughter's lover - my son-in-law knows about the "business" and the "daughter."

VioletMoonVioletMoonalmost 6 years ago
Cool Start

Hope there’s a second installment.

thomas_deanthomas_deanalmost 2 years ago

The Making of A Pro

Everything has a value; everything has a price. Those extremes in desperate circumstances in politics and in economics given the gift of creativity have the power to shape the future if they see through artificial constraints and conventions of society at large. In a real sense the our protagonist has only her sweat to sell. She could flip hamburgers or -- she could practise the gentle arts. We see her in the flush of beginner's luck. How long can that hold out?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous