All Comments on 'Nothing is Ever What It Seems Ch. 01'

by Ascii

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
sorry

this is even with your explanations just utter nonsense and has nothing to do with romance. so post it possibly to your wastebasket

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
you're back :)

So glad you came back, honestly looking forward to the rest of it. Hallie deserves more and my heart broke for Ryan... Anonymous below me is obviously just bitter!! Don't pay no mind 2 em. Thank you for the chapter

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 11 years ago
You need to work on your sales pitch

"Hey, this story is convoluted, confusing, is slow to build, with little sex.

...oh, and you should first read my eleven-part story which is also convoluted, etc..."

I felt no desire to read either after that,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I'm not a member here, but I will message you offering to edit, you do need one, rest assured if you reply it won't bounce back. Grammar and punctuation, spelling and words left out of sentences, you do need an editor, so even if you don't reply, get someone to edit for you, it could be so much better.

Lil_DebLil_Debalmost 11 years ago
Don't listen to the haters!

In defense of the editing, your previous story was well written. You had a few errors, but many less than the average story on this site. Don't let that discourage you.

In terms of the other comments, I LOVED your first story. It had substance, not just sex. I don't do straight sex stories, I wouldn't read it if it was. That said, I don't think you needed to add the disclaimer, except it being a sequel. It is a wonderful story and I can wait to see the messy ways it plays out.

Can't wait to read the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Glad to see you back!

You're a talented author, who apparently raised the ire of some other wannabe authors. I can't imagine why anyone would be so ridiculously uptight about a few grammar mistakes. You obviously have a full life outside of this, work, school and social life of course, it is remarkable that you find the time to engage your muse, and ta for that it gives me a lovely opportunity to escape into this world. I am thrilled that you post your work here. I was enchanted by Not What It Seems and am so excited to see you writing this follow up. I, for one, would much rather see chapter 2 with a few errors than go too long w/o my Ascii fix.

Thanks so much again for sharing.

Ignore the critics unless of course they are offering constructive criticism with a generous heart. So far from what I have read, they are just being bitchy.

As the American president Teddy Roosevelt said "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better." And in the Misanthrope what was the worst insult of all "CRITIC!

Warm Regards,

Riri

AsciiAsciialmost 11 years agoAuthor

I hate having to explain myself and whenever I get NASTY feedback, I do tend to ignore it, but it really does annoy me when certain readers put you down CONSTANTLY. Until you write your own story, STOP being such a bitter and nasty person, and stop being a keyboard warrior!

As for my sales pitch and writing the disclaimer/warning.. well, I guess damned if I do damned if I don't. And I don't get paid to write this, so your comment about the "sales pitch" is invalid.

Anyway, thank you to those who have enjoyed the story and the constructive feedback. Its really nice to hear I have a talent in writing and also your eagerness for the rest of the story- ANONs you are too nice. I am still an amateur but trying my best! :)

@ Lil_Deb thanks so much for supporting both these stories and the lovely comment - the next chapter will be out soon, promise I won't make you guys wait too long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
More please!!

I know this story is going to be just awesome! You are a brilliant writer and I can say this because I have read over a million books. You make my day with your stories! Please continue.

Kim

x0x01001x0x01001almost 11 years ago
moar moar moar

Please don't stop writing. This is your story, your vision, do it your way. Just don't stop writing. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAscii@Ascii
Nov 29 2021. I am so sorry! I lost my login for this account and haven’t been diligent with writing. Those that have supported me through the years, especially a girl I exchanged emails when I first started and who supported one of my causes- I haven’t forgotten about you! I ...