All Comments on 'Now and the Future'

by MVPrimetime

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
What Did It Matter?

Depends, a lot, on where you intend to live, where you intend to work, how you see your careers developing and with whom you intend to socialize. You may think 'past is past' but, perhaps regrettably, most people don't-particularly when it involves prostitution or crime.

Liked the story and the way it was written. More please!

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 11 years ago
Good Story.

And, more important, morally good! Sane, Christian, healthy. The past, by definition is past! It is certainly nice to read such a fine story at Literotica. A "5."

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

I don't see this story becoming a series - I am busy with Bad Penny, and have to then get back to If I knew then..., and Life Sentence, but I am glad you like it..

As for the moral comment - thank you. As a lifelong atheist, who believes that morality may co-incide with but is not dependent on religion, I appreciate the sentiment. Sadly, I suspect that many who call themselves Christian would cast stones...but good Christians and Good Atheists have no moral differences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Drugged prostitute

Don't get serious spread your leg for everybody - share your body with everyone and that makes a prostitute prosper until you grow old.Only then you think of a future.Get attached to a loser whenever you could.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 11 years agoAuthor
Anonymous Drugged Prostitute...

Thanks for the comment, although I am not quite sure what the point was that you were trying to make - although the use of the word 'loser' is interesting, and the tone could be read as critical in general.

In my story the man was a successful, well adjusted, mature adult. By every normal standard he would be regarded as a winner, although he had suffered his share of bad luck, as we all may do. There is no reason to think of him, or the woman's husband as 'losers' - although one might think of her husband as an insecure, immature, chauvinist brute.

The woman was also a mature and surprisingly well adjusted human being - she had done foolish things as a youth, spiralled into a destructive lifestyle, but was strong enough to escape it, and make a successful career for herself, with university education and professional esteem. She is honest and brave, and has learned from her mistakes - and the greatest of those mistakes it seems to me was in settling for the chauvinist brute. She had not been honest with him, which was a mistake, but only because she was scared that his reaction might be just as it turned out to be.

The term 'prostitute' also seems to me to being used in a derogatory way. I have no moral judgement against prostitutes. Sex is a basic need, a basic service, it is only those who are ashamed of their own sexuality that need to judge other's. We do not condemn cooks or house builders or cleaners for fulfilling basic needs. The tone that suggests that the woman is a bad person for what she has done is also indicative perhaps of sexism. If the story had been about a young man had been clubbing once a week and picked up a different girl every night, and had sex with 400 different women, but then stopped that lifestyle, had a few steady girlfriends and then married, and was then abused by his spouse when she found out about his earlier sexual experiences, how would we think about him? He was strong enough to dump her, and go find another woman, who after months of romance he made love to, and then, wanting never to make the same mistake again, he told about his past, knowing that she might be as narrow minded as his abusive spouse, knowing that his lover might turn against him. I think such a man might be admirable. A woman in the same position, with the weight of social convention and opprobrium against prostitues, or sexually adventurous women in general, needs to be braver and stronger still - and deserves more admiration, perhaps.

OleguyOleguyover 11 years ago
I concur.

The babbling sexism over women supplying a requested wish is one thing but when, as your heroine did, a change in lifestyle is thought acceptable why on earth should we condemn her.

I agree wholeheartedly with your correspondent that if the story had been told in masculine vein most readers would have cheered him on and envied the fictional character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good, but one detail

Excellent simple story, a good moral message too.

Only one aspect keeps it from being a realistic conversation, if you were after that at least. The woman would have kept her narrative to the basic facts and not have it mixed up with irrelevant erotic details. Not so fun to read (and write?) perhaps but that would have happend in reality if she wanted to give an honest picture of her past to her new potential boyfriend/partners.

AS42

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 5 years ago
Well thought out

I like the moral in the story; that when you fall in love, you are falling in love with the person who is now. The girl (or man) that used to be is a different person. Probably with a lot of the same values, but different. You can't fall newly in love with someone that existed only in the past - so how can you fall out of love with someone purely because of who they were, even if you don't like the idea of them in the past?

Of course, everyone carries a lot of luggage with them, which becomes weightier withh experience, so values, habits, desires and distastes sometimes get dragged along as well.

So when it comes to falling in love, I suppose it comes back to the old saw - Trust, but Verify.

WittonWittonover 2 years ago

Wonderful - thoughtful and the honorable approach not so many men would take Deserves 5 stars and more if that was possible

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When I met my wife, I had a...ummmm...checkered past. So did she. My only concern was that her future was with me. Decades later, we’re still together. Beautiful story. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMVPrimetime@MVPrimetime
The story of my life is not as interesting as the versions of that story that I write and submit here. I am not fast at writing, so please bear with me. Now that the Bad Penny story has been completed (witht eh Always turns up sequel) I have to admit that "If I Knew Then.. "...