Now It Ends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why bother? It would mean she could go for half of it," Sarah said.

"Well apart from the £60-odd thousand in savings that I'll keep she can fight for half of everything anyway. But this is where you come in," I said pausing for a second. "I want you to register a new company..."

"What do you mean register a new company," Toby interjected.

"I want to transfer the ownership of my house to your new company. That means she cannot get her hands on it. I've researched it and if I pay off the mortgage all I need to do is contact the land registry and transfer the deeds into your company."

Toby and Sarah looked at each other for a minute.

"Will that work Alex? I mean if you divorce her she will get a lawyer and fight for everything."

"She has no money for that and I'm sure her parents will be reluctant to stump up such a huge bill if they know their daughter is a cheating whore. Plus I hope to use her opinion of me to my advantage," I said.

"How?" Toby asked.

"She thinks I am a coward that will never leave her. So I won't ask for a divorce until the house is sold. The property becomes cash and by the time she realises I'm divorcing her we can have that money moved around into numerous different accounts."

Toby just smiled at me and said,

"I never knew you had it in you Alex."

"So you will help me?" I asked.

"Oh yes. I'll get onto it straight away but you know a good solicitor will attempt to trace the money don't you?" He said.

"Yes. But it will take a long time and she won't be able to afford a big legal bill."

After another hour of conversation I left for home. All the pieces were coming together. I decided on the drive home that I wasn't even going to file for divorce. I was certain I would not meet anybody else let alone get married again and that way it will buy me more time. I guessed Holly wouldn't be bothered by me being missing until at least a month. I laughed to myself with that thought. By next week I would be gone.

It was nearly 2am when I returned home. I looked in on Holly and she was fast asleep. No guilty conscience keeping her awake I thought. I decided to head into the spare room.

****************************************************************

On Thursday morning I was up and out again before Holly awoke. I spent the morning writing my resignation letter and around lunchtime Toby called,

"I have good news; bad news and then good news again mate."

"Okay go in that order," I said laughing.

"Well the good news is I have registered a company. It only takes an hour to do at company's house," He said. "The bad news is that a loan for the amount you need would need some major collateral to back it. Something like a house and that isn't going to won't work for you."

I was disappointed and I scratched my head trying to think of something when Toby continued,

"Look Alex. You trust me and I trust you. I spoke to Sarah about this and we were thinking the same thing. I'll transfer £60k into your account now so you can get on with this. Just pay me back when you find the money okay."

I was dumbfounded. If he could see my face right now he would know how grateful I was.

"That's too much Toby. You've done enough already..." I was cut off.

"Just take the money and go do what you need to do," He said.

"You have no idea how much this helps me mate. I owe you big time."

"Just get it done, get away from that disrespectful money grabbing cheat and be happy. That's all we care about."

I gave him my details and ended the call. My next call was to the bank for a meeting the next day.

After work, or lack thereof, I drove to the local Land Rover dealership. I knew the guy because it is where I purchased Holly's Range Rover Sport about 10 months ago. I was still paying for it in fact. I had an idea of how to get some more money.

"Hello Mr Price. Finally decided on a new car for you?"

John Reeves greeted me at the entrance. He was the owner of the dealership.

"No John. I wanted to discuss selling my wife's car and paying off what I owe," I said sounding more pleased than I should have been.

"Oh right, I hope everything is okay," He asked.

"Everything is good. You met her and know how demanding she is. Now she wants a Mercedes 4x4."

"Well I don't want to say anything untoward but she did seem pushy," He admitted.

We came to an agreement that he would take the Range Rover back and we would cancel our payment plan. I promised to return to upgrade my car and he knew he could make up the cost of Holly's car by selling it as practically brand new. I apologised for any inconvenience but the thought of selling me an expensive new Range Rover more than made it up to him. On the way out I took a 2016 brochure, not for me but for Holly.

When I got home Holly was sat in the lounge nursing a coffee and looking a bit pale. I took off my jacket and threw my bag down onto the floor.

"Everything Okay love?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Yeah just feeling a bit tired darling," She said taking a sip from her mug.

She was holding out her arms as though wanting me to hug her and make her feel better. I ignored her and walked back to my bag and removed the brochure.

"I know what will make you feel better," I said.

I walked over to her and sat on the coffee table across from her. She looked at the empty seat next to her and back to me with a confused look.

"What you got there?" She asked eying the brochure.

"Well your car is nearly a year old and I went by the dealership today and saw their new model, its awesome Hols," I said as her eyes lit up.

"I want my wife to have the best of everything so I'm going to trade your car in and buy you this," I said pointing to a new 2017 model inside the brochure.

"Oh wow I love it," She said oblivious to my plan. "You always know how to make me feel better don't you Alex?"

"The only problem is that they have a buyer for your car already so I need to get it down there by Friday afternoon. I'll finish work early and take it to the dealership, and then for the weekend you can just use mine to go visit your lovers."

The final comment made her recoil and a look of shock and confusion filled her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing Alex, I just thought you were still angry about our arrangement," She asked.

"Not our arrangement Holly, Your arrangement. I had no say in it remember. But I guess I have no choice right?" I said hoping to get a response.

She just nodded as though she had finally put me in my place and I had conceded defeat.

"I love you Alex."

I turned to look at her and a genuine look of concern greeted me. I said nothing in reply and just walked off into the kitchen. My phone began to ring and I walked out to the back garden to take it. Toby confirmed the money had been transferred. I was good to go.

****************************************************************

The next day I wasted no time as I entered the bank and was shown into the mortgage specialist's office. She looked to be around my age and yet wore no wedding ring. I thought maybe there would be life after Holly after all but pushed that idea to the back of my mind.

An hour later the mortgage was paid off. All my remaining accounts were closed. I walked a few doors down and opened a new account with another bank. I was a happy man knowing that I wouldn't have to pay anything again, unless Holly got a solicitor and took me to court. My smile faded.

I made my way back to the office ignoring Olivia as she rose to her feet to speak. I sat down with a coffee and thought about the next stage of my plan. I contacted the Land Registry and filled out the appropriate online application. I had all the details of Toby and Sarah's new company and within 10 minutes of applying I was sent a confirmation e-mail telling me it would take 3-5 days to complete. Once this was done I would simply hand over the deeds to Toby and he could register the property to his company.

I decided to shop around online looking for furniture and details of cancelling the utilities at the house. I needed to wait until the time was right but I did set up new accounts for my flat in Sutton.

Finally I had one more thing left to do. Something I had been putting off.

I knocked on Jack's door. Olivia was in there with him of course. Friday's were usually the day the dirty old bastard had his way with her and I think I disturbed their amorous activities. She left us alone.

"How can I help Alex?" He said cheerfully as he ogled Olivia leaving the room.

I placed my resignation down on his desk. He looked up at me with that stupid smirk on his face.

"What's this?" He asked.

"My resignation," I replied "I think it's best if I leave straight away. I'm sure with the situation regarding our families I doubt you want me here too long."

He looked dumbstruck.

"I'd be grateful if you can get my P45 ready by Monday and please don't mention this to anyone, the wife doesn't know," I said brashly.

"B...But you can't do this we need you," He said pathetically.

"Not as much as you need your nephew apparently. I'll be in on Monday to collect the last of my things."

I pretended to drop a pen from my pocket and when I bent down I removed the digital recorder from my sock. I had managed to construct a pin to it and as I stood back up I hit record and pushed it up under the seat and into the wooden frame.

"If that's all Jack I have things to do."

"Okay Alex but don't come crawling back when you're skint. Your money is the only thing keeping that cheating wife at yours with you. Do you realise that?"

"Of course I know that Jack. I wish my wife was as loyal your wife is," I said smiling.

I knew that one hit him where it hurt. I turned and left his office.

An hour later I drove home and picked up Holly's car and log book. I drove to the dealership and dropped off her car. Thankfully John Reeves offered to drive me home, I gladly accepted.

When I got home that night Holly was sitting at the kitchen table with big red bags under her eyes. I knew she had been crying.

"What's going on Hols?" I asked with feigned sincerity.

"We need to talk Alex," She said gesturing me to sit down.

For a moment I thought I had been rumbled. I had a feeling of dread that washed over me.

"What's going on?" I asked again.

"I went to the doctor today and I have been diagnosed with," She hesitated.

So many things were going through my mind. If it was serious what kind of man would I be to leave a seriously ill woman as I was planning to do.

"Erm, I have..." She stuttered.

"Just tell me Holly what is it?" I implored her to spit it out.

"I have gonorrhoea," She finally said bursting into tears.

I laughed. Shit did I laugh and she just glared at me.

"It's not funny. I feel so ashamed."

I turned to her and she looked a mess. This had to be humiliating.

"Well I know I don't have it because I haven't touched you in over a month and when for as long as I have known about your affairs I've used protection," I said trying not to gloat too much.

"Oh, so as long as everything is alright with you, that is ok?"

She was silent.

"Well just take the drugs and soon enough you will be back on you back, oops, I mean feet."

If looks could kill I would dead already.

"Just find out which one gave it to you and tell them to get to the doctors before he spreads it further," I said before getting up and leaving her crying at the table.

I slept well that night for the first time in months. Of course I slept in the spare room. Not worth taking any risks with the riddled wife was it.

****************************************************************

Saturday morning and I was feeling great. The good night's sleep definitely helped me and I went into our bedroom and woke Holly in bed to tell her I was going to give her some space to rest and recover.

"I'm going to see the girls. I'll give them your best. Just rest up okay," I said as lovingly as I could possibly pretend to be.

She smiled at me and asked for a cuddle. I gave in but did it half-heartedly. When she released her grip she must have felt something was off with me. She looked at me sadly and spoke,

"You think I'm disgusting don't you?"

I said nothing and suddenly the tears began to flow down her cheeks.

"I just want you to get better that's all."

"Oh Alex I do love you so much. I think I've messed up big time. I told Alison about my problem and she sounded horrified."

At first I felt bad for her but it disappeared even quicker that I thought it would. That shocked me a little. I realised then I had lost all love for the woman I have been married to for 21 years. Could it really disappear that quickly? Obviously it could because I was done and her situation did nothing to slow me down.

I left the room after saying nothing. I got into my car and drove away happily.

Later that morning I was sat down with the girls and I told them everything that had been going on. They were amazed and I could see they had developed a new found respect for me. I told them about Holly's little trip to the doctors which they found hilarious. I shouldn't have laughed but I couldn't help it and it told me that maybe the girls really did hate her as much as I did.

"What will she do dad?" Ava asked.

"She'll have to move in with granny and gramps or convince one of her lovers to take her in. I have a feeling those two degenerates were only interested in screwing a married woman and boasting about it. I doubt they'll want a relationship with her, what do you think?" I asked.

They both just looked at me and shook their heads.

That night I stayed with Toby and Sarah who threw a dinner party with many of their friends and colleagues in attendance. There were a few single women my age invited and I found myself feeling confident enough to engage them in conversation. The alcohol helped me to approach one woman called Amy who caught my eye. She was a divorcee friend of Sarah's and as the drinks flowed she even managed to convince me to dance. It was a fun night all round and it was something I really needed. A night not thinking about Holly and the end of my marriage or my plans to leave her felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

****************************************************************

When I arrived home late Sunday morning I found Holly up doing housework. I walked into the lounge and when she saw me she launched herself at me and hugged me. I just patted her on the back.

"Where did you stay last night Alex, I thought you were coming home?" She asked,

"Toby and Sarah threw a dinner party and I drank way too much so I slept on their couch," I replied nonchalantly.

"That doesn't sound like you, was it fun?" She asked giving me a cautious look.

I had to be careful not to give anything away so I pulled out my phone and showed her some pictures. Her face soon went red.

"Who the fuck is that woman?" She asked angrily.

"Oh that's Amy. She's a friend of Sarah's. She actually got me up dancing. It was good fun."

I looked up from my phone to see Holly looking angrily at me. The irony of being angry at me was lost on her. She was angry at me for an innocent dance when every week she was screwing some guy.

"Well next time I want to come with you. I haven't seen the guys in a long time," She said now returning to a normal colour.

I walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on. Holly followed me.

"Have you been ok without your car?"

I was trying to fill the silent air with small talk.

"I've been fine. When will my new car arrive?" She asked,

"They said Wednesday for delivery."

I turned to see her looking somewhat perturbed.

"But if you want to pick it up you can go on Monday afternoon and get it."

"I have stuff to do Monday, hair and shopping with my sister," She replied obviously not too bothered by the missing car.

"Well I can drop you off in town to meet your sister and then you can ask her to drive you to the dealership. Then you get to drive back your new Range Rover," I said with an excited grin.

She smiled and walked towards me with her arms open. I turned back to the kettle pretending I didn't see her.

For the rest of the day Holly was all around me and I actually felt uncomfortable. She kept trying to kiss me or hug me and I kept making excuses to leave. I think she got the message because as I went to bed I could see that she had been crying again.

"Goodnight Holly."

"Will you be sleeping with me tonight Alex? I want to cuddle up to you and I want you to tell me everything will be ok"

I felt nothing.

"Not until you get the all-clear from the doctor Holly. Sorry but you made your bed," I said harshly.

"Well when I get better I'm sure I can find a man who'll want to be in bed with me. I have plenty of lost time to make up for," She snapped back bitterly.

I laughed to myself. It took longer than I expected but here it was and the bitch was back. All those regrets from Friday night had disappeared, for the last 21 years I would have fallen for her bullshit but this time I ignored her tears and headed for the spare room. The last night in MY house and it will be in the spare room. I was also glad that she said those things, it removed any sign of any doubt I might have had. I looked at my mocked up picture of her and my sisters and all I could feel was hatred for her. She was only sweet when she wanted something and a bitch when she couldn't get it.

****************************************************************

I woke early Monday morning. Holly was awake early too for her 8:30 hair appointment so I drove her into town as planned.

"Don't forget to take a cab to the dealership around 2pm, they're expecting you," I said ignoring her moves for a kiss.

I drove off knowing that could be the last time I ever see her. I somehow feared it wouldn't be but it would for as long as I could make it so. On the way I called the mobile phone company and terminated both our contracts. I pulled over into a layby to pay the penalty on my card. They informed me that the phones would remain in service until 5pm. Perfect.

Next I headed for the office to pick up my P45. I entered the factory and there was a solemn atmosphere. News of my departure must have made the rounds and for a brief moment I saw a look of fear on their faces. I did not know why. As I walked down the corridor towards my office I passed the coffee machine where the usual suspects were gathered. I wasn't exactly sure if Max and Henry were aware that they were both screwing my wife or not. But here they were both grinning at me and sharing jokes with the other morons.

"Morning guys," I said gleefully.

"Good morning Alex. How's the wife?" They said to the usual laughter. How this was joke was still funny was beyond me.

"Oh not so good I'm afraid," I replied "One of you bozo's gave her the clap."

I walked away to complete silence and when I turned back their jaws had dropped and Max then yelled something at Henry. I heard a big commotion before heading up the stairs.

Olivia saw me approaching and gave me a half smile before putting her head down. Maybe now I was getting some respect. Jack was soon at the door before I could knock.

"I have what you want so take it and get out."

Maybe that respect thing was in my imagination. I entered his office and sat down. I reached under the chair and surreptitiously put the recorder into my pocket. I knew he would have given Olivia his weekly Friday stuffing and now I had it all on the recorder.

"So do you have another job lined up Alex?" He snapped.

I ignored him at first but thought I will give him what he wants.

"No nothing," I said.

A big smile grew on his face and he probably thought I would come crawling back to him soon enough.