Obverse Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I guess you're right," I said, thinking about it, "it bothers me, but... it's not like it's the end of the world or anything."

"Indeed," he replied. He pulled out the coin and showed it to me. The side with Oizys was very worn, with deep nicks. I turned it over, and I could make out the design on the other side. It was another woman, this one seated on some sort of low couch or divan. Looking at her, it was hard to describe the emotion she engendered. Oizys still made me feel anxious and unhappy when I stared at her too long, but this woman made me feel... attentive, or expectant.

"Do you know who it is?" I asked, showing him that side of the coin. He took it, peering at it, and smiled.

"It seems my guess was accurate. This is Peitharchia."

"That's a mouthful."

"She's..." he looked around the bar, which was empty besides us this early in the afternoon. "Is the owner in the back?"

"No, after he finished yelling he left on an errand."

"Okay, then it's just us. Peitharchia is, well, I'll demonstrate."

He put his hand out to me, palm up and open.

"Take off all of your underwear and put it in my hand."

That took a bit, because I was dressed for winter. The bra was simple enough, I just pulled my arms inside my jacket and several layered tops, unclipped it and slipped it down my arms. I threaded them back out and put the bra in his waiting hand. For the panties, I had to take of my boots, and jeans entirely. When I slipped my utilitarian briefs over my hips and off of my legs, depositing them in his hand as well, I wasn't wearing anything below my waist but a pair of thick socks. The bar is tall enough that if someone walked in I'd have a few seconds before they were close enough to see my nudity, so there wasn't really any risk that someone (besides the man) would get an eyeful unless the owner suddenly walked out of the back. Still, it only took a moment to pull my pants back up over the swell of my ass and zip up. The boots took more work.

So, yeah, I finished the entire operation without really considering what I was doing at all. The moment I stood up from tying up my laces, I blinked, and began to hyperventilate. He watched me for a few moments with a little smile on his face. I have no idea what he did with my underthings, I guess he put them in his coat. I was working my way to a full on panic attack when he spoke again.

"It's all right, it's all right. I probably should have chosen a less shocking demonstration."

"Uh... uh... uh..." I replied, literally wringing my hands.

He looked directly into my eyes and said, "Calm down."

And I did. Outwardly, anyway.

"I truly apologize. You have my word that I will never surprise you like that again. You've probably guessed, or you would have when you had some distance from this, that Peitharchia embodies obedience."

"Y... you... did you..."

"I did not choose the obverse of your coin. No one can do that. The only thing that I can do is shift the balance, and, for you, I will only do that at your request."

I'd finally gotten enough control of my train of thought to introduce a new emotion into our conversation: outrage.

"You're telling me that my choices are between terror and slavery?!"

He winced at that. "I'd prefer to call it servitude, because you have the element of choice."

"But you are telling me that I'll do whatever you tell me to!"

He held up the coin, showing the sitting woman. "No. She's not complete enough for that. If we just spun the coin until there was nothing left on the other side, then yes, you'd be perfectly obedient. Right now, I couldn't order you to, say, walk outside without any clothes on. You did what you did just now because I'm the only one present."

"But I didn't even think about it! I just gave you my underwear!"

"Walk outside and show your breasts to a stranger."

I felt a... an urge. And for a moment I really wanted to, but it passed almost immediately, and I didn't move.

"Oh..." I said.

"You see? And obedience requires an authority to obey. That's me, for the moment, but only because you don't have another strong figure in your life just now. You won't obey any random person off the street. You might, though obey other kinds of authority figures, like a policeman, or..."

"My boss?"

"Exactly. Now, I want you to pay very close attention to what you're feeling for a moment. Touch your nose and don't stop until I tell you to."

My finger was on the tip of my nose before I even finished consciously processing the command. And I did pay close attention to what I was feeling, and what I was feeling was... pleasure. No, that's not right. Satisfaction maybe, a very tangible sense of achievement. I felt good. And I felt good about myself, and my life, in the moment. When he told me to stop, a few moments later, I couldn't also help feeling a sense of loss, too.

"Oh." I said.

"Yes. So now you understand, as best I'm able to show you. I'm going to leave you for a few days, to consider things, and then I'll come visit, and you can choose whether or not to spin the coin, and in what direction."

"Um, can I ask..."

"Why do I do this?"

"Yeah. Who are you?"

"Mmm, well, lets just say that while you'll never see me appear on one of these," he held up the coin, "what I am is a sort of cousin those who do. One last thing, though, before I leave you today."

"Yes?"

"Show me your breasts."

(To be continued)

12