All Comments on 'Of Biblical Proportions'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I laughed a little when the Jewish dad touched his daughter's breasts and said, "Jesus." Not sure a Jewish man would say that, but I could be wrong.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Very interesting story! If you play with fire, you are liable to get burned.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

Incredibly good story, well conceived and written!

Loved every bit of it and especially the Jewish background. Makes it so much more realistic, not because of it being Jewish but because of crafting real people. I am not Jewish but I knew the story of Lot and his daughters and it is great what you made of it! I loved the descriptions - and the seduction at the kitchen table is intensely erotic, especially when Debra removed her barrette and opens her hair, so good! The idea to have them consummate their incest in Debra‘s room is excellent!! (Btw I guess you meant brassieres instead of braziers :)

I would so very much love to read what transpires on Yom Kippur, when he has Debra with him en lieu of Meriam, all the psychological ramifications in the synagogue during prayer and after atonement in the privacy of their home.

Thank you for a wonderful story! Please go on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I believe Genesis is Christian terminology and not used in the Jewish religion.

trigudistrigudisover 3 years agoAuthor
In Response to A Couple Comments

First off, plenty of Jews say "Jesus!" or "Jesus Christ!" when they're frustrated or exasperated about something. Being Jewish myself, I don't use it out of respect for the Christian faith. Second, Genesis is indeed the first book of the Hebrew bible or Tanakh as it's called. The Torah consists of the first 5 books of the bible beginning with Genesis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Get your religions straight

I don't think jews care for the Bible at all. They have their own (Torah)

bluerubberonebluerubberoneover 3 years ago
others commenting

One already defended most of it so it's more of reiterating than anything else. I'm fairly certain most if not all of the Christian Old Tesament book is both Jewish and Christian..it's only the New Testament (Jesus) that is Christian. So the author is factually correct. It helps to come to the table with valid arguments and points before saying anything. Saying that, it's probably safer to say that the author is or knows about the jewish faith more than the anon naysayers that probably know nothing about it.

Otherwise, the story was pretty good. Just seemed a little short and imcomplete if anything.

trigudistrigudisover 3 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous Who Wrote The Following:

"I don't think jews (sic) care for the Bible at all. They have their own (Torah)"

Really? The Torah consists of the first 5 books of the Old Testament. Devout Jews as well as Christians revere it, although they differ in interpretation. Jews don't include the New Testament for obvious reasons. As noted, I respect all faiths.

BruceWoBruceWoover 3 years ago
Anyway...,

Praise Allah for your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You need to go back and edit the story, even though it was written so long ago. 1) Just as males cannot bear children, in spite of what the nutcases say, a male cannot be a widow. He is a WIDOWER. 2) You tell us first that Miriam croaked from sepsis and is rotting in the ground “less than a year ago”, and then state after the traditional “year of mourning”, Debra’s considering doing the horizontal mamba with her dad. How can the year of mourning have passed, if Miriam passed less than a year ago? Now I’m off to read the rest of the story and find more inconsistencies and glaring errors to point out.

trigudistrigudisover 1 year agoAuthor

To Annon (for comment made 8/24/22) - Miriam died less than a year when Debra got the idea of sleeping with her father. More than a year had passed when she actually did it. Read that paragraph again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...