All Comments on 'Officers and Men Ch. 01'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkabout 7 years ago
O.o

Well to misquote a famous super hero:

What the Sh*t? That's in the top 10 best cliffhangers ever!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Wow!

A great start to a story!

Although I am a man, and have never been in the military as a soldier (one of my particular demons), I have had many mockery of my name and surname in my youth, so I understand the situation of Lin and Andy. From the scene at Starbucks, it was clear that they were going to have a romance, but I could not imagine Lin's reaction to Andy's last name. I'm used to teasing so, so when I meet someone who has a last name, let's say weird, I do not mock or react badly for it.

Thank you for reminding me of Stella Artois beer (I drank it in France and Belgium in my youth), but I did not know it was usual in the UK.

Also thanks for the song Lady in Red by Chris de Burg, this song has very good memories with me.

Now you have to wait for the next chapter to know what Andy says in his email to David, will it be a good or a bad affair?

Please do not have too much time in waiting!

By the way, I love the long chapters, they make it worth the reading.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

The_PedantThe_Pedantabout 7 years ago
Atten-SHUN!

You really have been a pongo!

This, so far, has been a cracker of a story. Very well written: decent grammar, too.

5 stars and a bookmark to read the ongoing story, :-)

AndrogynousotherAndrogynousotherabout 7 years agoAuthor
OK The_Pendant...

...a quarter brat if you must know.

Robyn1859Robyn1859about 7 years ago
Top quality

A great start,,, looking forward to the next episode!

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 7 years ago
Seriously needs a good editor.

Also, no British soldier would wear US army badges on their uniform and the threat of "see you in Colchester or the job centre" is not right, the correct version would be "see you in the glass house of the job centre".

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 7 years ago
Typo on last comment

Ment to say "see you at the Glasshouse OR the job centre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hey Swedish reader, you want a big ol' piece of cheese with that whine?

OK the author needs to check their typing but this is INTERNET PORN and while it is a bit distracting it's just that. Personally until I start writing pages of porn prose to this quality on here I'll reserve judgement.

BTW -The 'Glasshouse'? Seriously Grandad? No one's called it that since national service finished - try 'Coalie' or 'The Cole Hole', AND I knew an officer from 1DERR that wore a Ranger badge on his combats, and very proud of it he was too. This the first and probably last time I ever comment on one these sites but chill a bit yeah? 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

Another really good story. Great work. Thank you.

ArchReaderArchReaderabout 7 years ago
Army Act 1955

Cpl Sargent should have been charged under S69 Queens Regulations on a Form 252.

Reminds me of my own time in the forces in the 60's and 70's

ArchReaderArchReaderabout 7 years ago
The Rifles

I always tried to place my prisoners with 2RGJ whilst at Catterick as I knew they would treat them as their own. It always softened them up with a bit of drill at Light Division pace before I interviewed them, but then I was RMP.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Very creative

and we'll written.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Swedishreader is correct.

No idea what the bloke saying Cole hole is on about as everyone in my reg calls it the glasshouse and everyone from every other regiment as well as far as I know.

And if anyone wore a badge from a different military they would get the piss taken out of them forever.

AndrogynousotherAndrogynousotheralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Calm down troops...

Wading in as the referee here; thinking back to soldiers in my Dad's Regiment it was just 'Colchester' hence my use of that description - not that I remember anyone from his various postings ever being sent there mind you.

How's this - if I write another military story (there are a few ticking over in my head) I will go with Army Rumour Service best description and that is 'MCTC' - military corrective training centre. I can't see any of my characters going there but hey, who knows!

Now behave all you squaddies or you'll be up before the CO on orders...

I think...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting Story

Particularly interesting to view military life from a woman's perspective. I was in the U. S. Marine Corps long ago, back during that little dust-up the U S had in S. E. Asia in the late '60s and early '70's. Back then all women, at least in the U S military were

noncombatants. The only women allowed in the combat zone were nurses, and they were strictly confined to the hospital and the immediate area surrounding it. This story goes a long way towards showing how much times have changed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bloody Good

Oh what a pleasant change to read a story so quintessentially English - and a Military one at that. Your use of the banter was just so and it brought back a few memories (although I'm ex RAF).

Thank you

HP

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
Great start - looking forward to reading more

Great start for a romance.

A few errors about the Military but nothing so horrendous that it spoilt the story.

Looking forward to reading the rest.

Dubby49Dubby49over 5 years ago
Air Chief Marshal Major

He was Chief of Air Staff of the Indian Air Force.

ArchReaderArchReaderover 5 years ago
Research needed

On page Three (3) regarding the offence that she put him in the Guardroom for.

The charge would have been on FORM 252 and the offence of conduct prejudicial to good order and military discipline was under Section 69 of The Army Act 1955.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

What a start! I really like the character development and the interaction between them. Keep the characters action going and the story will write itself. I look forward to more reading of your style. Thanks for your time and imagination. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Really enjoyed the story. Looking forward to more.

AllinfunnAllinfunnabout 4 years ago
More

I’m really looking forward to more of this story 5 stars all the way!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
1722 Followers
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories