Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"To tell you today."

Rell looked at Zyra nervously as she bowed to the Chief. She could sense the Chief did not wish to be addressed by her but she ignored it.

"My Chief, I wished to tell you this when things became more clear, but I fear that the details remain as clear as I present them to you. You are aware that I was summoned yes?"

"Yes," he replied grumpily.

"Well, I was summoned to return to the valley," Zyra stated. "In order to complete the task you assigned me and release Nima from her illness, I was forced to swear allegiance to serve both the humans and nonhumans of this land. The witches of the valley have need of me, and I am unable to refuse. As a result, I must leave for an undetermined amount of time. In that time..."

Zyra took a deep breath. "In that time I will cut all ties to the Rovian tribe."

A gasp sounded out among the spectators who were nosy enough to see what was happening. Even Kyzu was stunned.

Zyra watched the gaping mouth of the Chief with a small measure of satisfaction. Finally, she had silenced him.

"If I am not a Rovian, then I have no right to sire Rell's child," Zyra said calmly. "Nor am I bound to return it to you should it be male."

"You would betray your own people?" the Chief asked, mortified. "You would chose the path of monsters..."

"It is not a choice," Rell interrupted. "She has to go."

"Why?" the Chief barked.

Zyra flinched when Rell took her hand and straightened her arm before her. He looked at her for a moment, and then began to undo her wrapping.

"No."

She stopped his hand out of reflex, but he pushed her hand away gently. His blue eyes trapped hers.

"Trust me."

More and more villagers gathered to watch the exchange as news of Zyra's proclamation spread on. When a breathless Ginger and Gharla arrived, Zyra diverted her eyes for fear of what they might say. Soon Rell unwrapped her bandage, and within second removed the bandage around his hand.

"Look father," Rell said, showing that markings on his skin.

"You said it was a wound," the Chief said breathily as he examined the strange foreign markings. "What does it mean?"

"It is a contract, woven in the skin," Rell explained firmly.

His gaze pinned down his father with strength that the old man had not yet seen. Looking beside him he wondered if the girl was the cause.

"Zyra swore her life to save not only Nima's, but Hanto's, Gharla's, Enui's, and mine as well. If she were to disobey the command, they would take my life as payment. Do you not see father?"

Rell took Zyra's hand in his own. The villagers Ursie and Rovian alike gasped as the tattoos glow and interacted. A white light seemed to flow between their finger tips and the tingling pull that connected their arms made Zyra cringe. It wasn't right to feel this interconnected to anyone. It was like they were inside each other, or more accurately, the same thing was inside of them.

Seeing this as a manipulative tender moment, Rell pulled Zyra into his chest and wrapped an arm around her.

"If she does not go, they will take my life in her stead. She does this for me father."

The Chief's dark brown eyes looked at Zyra with utter shock and he turned to Hanto.

"Is this...true my son?"

"What if it is?" Hanto snarled. "There is no reason for her not to do the rite. Have you forgotten the insult laid to us?"

"What good would it be to bring a child into this world knowing it may be stolen by nonhumans and never meet its father?" Zyra said, holding onto Rell. "How could I bear to live knowing Rell's son is beyond his reach because of my duty?"

Rell held her closer and looked to the Chief. "We are not ashamed of our bond so the rite would mean nothing to us. If Zyra conceives because of what we did during this celebration so be it, but to willingly join when the stakes are this high? Could you ask this of us my Chief?"

The Chief looked at Zyra, his eyes brimming with unshed tears. Clearly the old man was moved. Looking around she saw several of the villagers were as well. Lala was outwardly crying. Zyra had to try hard to stay in character.

"I did not know your love for one another was so strong."

"It is," Rell declared.

His lips twitched briefly to refrain from smirking or laughing out. His eyes faced forward in order to avoid watching Zyra's helpless display.

She had to hold back a snort. Rell was truly a master among great friends.

Hanto stomped forward, outraged at what was occurring.

"If their love is so strong, why was she found in the arms of the ogre?"

All eyes turned to Zyra who tried quickly to find an excuse. Instead, she was saved by her sister.

"Actually...we do not have proof that Zyra truly slept with the ogre," Kyzu stated. "She was found undressed yes, but she was also disoriented, as was Rell. They were both found out of their respective tents. I have to assume that our own Henna was responsible for this misstep somehow."

She looked at the Chief. "Not to worry. She has been severely punished as you saw, though if you like you may add to it in any way you please."

The Chief stood there contemplating with a heavy brow. He closed his eyes and thought. After several minutes he opened them again and directed his fierce gaze at Zyra.

"Zyra."

"Yes, my Chief?"

"Young lady step forward."

Zyra detached herself from Rell and walked up to the Chief. She looked at him with pleading eyes.

"I will not lie and say these proceedings sit well with me," the Chief intoned. "If it were up to me you would have never gone on such a fool-hardy quest, but I understand now."

He placed a hand on her shoulder. "I may not know everything, but I do know that you must care deeply for my son to take his place. I respect your sense of duty, but you are a woman."

He glanced at Rell. "Rell...I would not like to see you go..."

"He won't go," Zyra said firmly. "I won't allow it. This is my burden and I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Now that is a bold-faced lie.

The Chief shook his head. He remembered being young and headstrong.

"Is there nothing I can say to change your mind?" he said chuckling.

Zyra shook her head with a grin. "No. Nothing at all."

"Then..." he kissed her forehead. "You have my blessing."

He kissed her cheeks released her with a gentle smile.

"May you return before your home becomes lost to you. I wish you safe travels that you may return and bear my boy a son."

Hanto watched the scene in disbelief as Zyra went back to Rell. She smiled happily as he put an arm around her shoulder and her sisters surrounded them with joy. The blonde placed a hand on her shoulder, speaking in rapid angry sentences that the carefree girl brushed off.

She was getting away again.

Hanto grit his teeth as the fury rose upon him like an impending storm.

He brushed past Firetoucher and his son, heading to his tent. Inside he retrieved his spear. Gently he pulled the tack and rope away from the spearhead and let the stone triangle fall into his hands. Growling low in his soul, he ground it against his sharpening stone.

So, she thought she was going to get away did she?

He recalled how she had saved the basilisk from his deathblow. He chuckled. Of course she had, Zyra and the basilisk were kin because Zyra was a snake. She could evade the most tight of spaces with ease, slither her way into the hearts of her victims, leak poison from her perfect lips in the most cunning of ways. Hanto had no idea if the summons was a ruse or not. How clever it would seem that in the midst of all their troubles, Zyra just happened to be summoned. How brilliant it would be for after the Ursie's departure to pretend she was going off. She could avoid everything and once his back was turned, run into the arms of her monstrous lover.

Well Hanto would not allow that. Rell was an idiot fool. He was not. He would strike at Zyra once and for all. When the spearhead was a fine point he began to fix it back onto the spear. Hanto laughed loudly as he thought of the ogre's surprised face as the point dug into his heart.

If Zyra was going to stay with the ogre, then fine.

Hanto would just have to kill him.

_________________________________________________

*Notes*

I have the power to make your comments bold! So obey me! (COMMENT) Mwaha!

Or face the wrath of my ambiguous font head...

Got comments (and thus consistent and necessary encouragement to keep going) and now you guys have a chapter. Yay! Everyone wins. (But Henna, but I don't think you wanted her to anyway.)

COMMENT and I'll post the second one relatively soon. Thanks again.

Love,

Stubborn Dreamer