All Comments on 'OK Ch. 06-09'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
2027fred2027fredalmost 6 years ago
This story is great

It induces so many emotions and makes me relate with each character all signs of a great story keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The plural of photo is photos.

Thee is no apostrophe in photos unless it is possessive. That error was glaring

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5*

Great writing. Please don't go off the tracks and have a reconciliation. The guy gets dumped , beat up and then his house wrecked because of a crazed woman. Unless his beating made him mentally unstable, in the real world he would not go near her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nice!

Good Job. You pull this part up very well.

I was getting sick in first part.

5

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistalmost 6 years ago
Solid

This has been a good story, and I’m looking forward to following it out. I just hope it doesn’t become a litany of people yelling at him about what a victim SHE is in all of this, like some of your other work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
great story

This story needs to go no further. I enjoyed the entire tale and this is a perfect spot to end it. Let the reader choose their own ending.

AltshepAltshepalmost 6 years ago
Location

As ever an excellent story. I am always interested in where your stories are set and the pubs mentioned as one who lives halfway between the Pelican from a previous story and the Griffin which I presume is in Bowdon

meme165meme165almost 6 years ago
Oh kay

Great story so far, can;t wait to see where it goes from here

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
So far, so good

It is difficult for me to imagine recovering from the suffering that he has undergone.

Let's see your twist!

TootsallTootsallalmost 6 years ago
Have to agree with anonymous

Far too many writers make the mistake of apostrophying plurals. That error sticks out like a sore thumb (not a “soar” thumb...lol) and is far too common here in Lit. Still, I like where you’ve gone so far and agree that these first two chapters could easily stand on their own. I am, however, looking forward to see how it all develops.

AlwaysrainingAlwaysrainingalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Photo's

The word photo is a contraction of photograph. The apostrophe denotes the missing letters between photo and the plural 's', as it does in it's for 'it is.' While I'm at it, if I remember my Middle English studies, the apostrophe 's in the possessive case of nouns also denotes a missing letter e.g. the genitive case of ME 'arm' (arm) is armes. The present day apostrophe denotes the missing 'e'. Most later ME nouns had a genitive case ending in 'es'.

Horseman68Horseman68about 5 years ago
Never Disappoints.

For those of us readers who like this genre of tangled romantic stories, this author never disappoints. This one is another great example.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
fundamentally flawed

So the husband was accused of infidelity and just forgets that he very recently had to deal with a drunken women at a party who felt him up then threw up over him. He of course had to take all his dirty clothes off in her hotel room and appeard to be on the bed with her. But no it could not possibly have been that causing his wife suspicions...hmmm OK.

It's just a unbelievable situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good continuation, awaiting continuation.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good, interesting but way too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written but both Carol and John are not bright. Does he have so many interactions with drunken women who need assistance at hotels and conferences that he can't posit that what might be causing his wife's revenge and tirade was that night he helped Dannie? And Carol sees the photos, believes Liam's lies, and her anger takes over and never actually confronts him with what he did at the conference, but does show the photos to their friends, has her brother(s) warn him off, which puts him in the hospital, and divorces him, all without telling him why. I can see now that they have closure. But their marriage is dead. Why would he reconcile with her. It isn't like they were married for 15 years or have kids. What ties that bind still exist? Great author but carrying it beyond this chapter is pointless. It just turns into an unmitigated huge RAAC. Author's other works have a much better plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Umm her promise at the end of this chapter while provocative, turns out to be baseless later on when she has Martin set up as a plan B. Am I missing something?

LacastrianLacastrian3 months ago

Carol told Susan that she didn't know who hired the private investigator who took the photos, but later in the conversation with John she said it was Liam.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

SIMILAR Stories