All Comments on 'OK Ch. 19-22'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
He would be better off without her

The point that tipped me over the line was a small one: When Carol initiated a kiss with Martin just to keep her options open.

All of her previous actions, while often more harmful to the relationship, were at least arguably justified by her not being in possession of all the facts. Not this. Making out with a guy just to make sure he doesn't move on while you double-check on Plan A seems incompatible to me with the "John's the love of my life and I need to get him back!" mindset she seems to want to portray.

For me, the story fundamentally failed to show *why* the two of them didn't just move on. It felt more like the comedy of errors and deceptions that had kept them apart weren't seen as enough of a justification to *not* be together, and they had been married before that all started, so they were kind of required to be married unless they could come up with a good enough reason not to be, right?

If Carol had just shrugged, said "Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be", and continued her date with Martin, that would have made as much sense to me as the actual ending. At this point, they've been through so much that they're not the people they were when they first met and got married, and it feels like, by the end, they barely know each other, let alone know whether they're in love or are compatible any longer.

This entire story reads to me like a prologue to either a "Business rival convinces wife with anger issues that her husband is cheating on her, so she fucks the rival and sends the husband a video" or a "Husband suffers a temporary reversal of fortune, so gold digger wife leaves him for a perceived trade-up" story.

mcollectmcollectalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful

Great read and I am so happy that the next chapters were posted each day! Now to read all your other writings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you

Wonderful tale. Very emotional ride throughout. Thank you for sharing and especially for doing so rather quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5*

Great writing deserves a five. The jackass protagonist going back to a psycho bitch deserves a minus five. (Only the writing score counts).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Up to your normal high standard 5*

I got a bit edgy with their lack of communication skills but without that there would be no story, so you are forgiven!

avidfaavidfaalmost 6 years ago
Psychiatric problem

Carol has a clinical problem that requires treatment and / or she is just a mean, unreasonable, immature, vicious, vengeful cunt. Getting back with her when she is so unaware that she hasn't even sought treatment for her condition despite claiming that she was desperate to do whatever it took to get John back just makes no sense, and only bodes disaster.

Also, please, can someone lobby for the NHS to begin providing testosterone supplements for the desiccated male citizenry?

sdc97230sdc97230almost 6 years ago
John will need to hire a full time PA to screen Carol's contacts

Because left alone to her own devices, she's just too stupid to live.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A comedy of errors

An almost Shakespearean tale of misunderstandings, crossed wires, devious rivals and old fashioned stupidity. An extremely well-written and entertaining story that I found hard to fault but equally hard to really lose myself between the pages. It's very good but it didn't quite grab at my emotions.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I mean

Really they were all to stupid to breath. Were they like single celled and sustained through an outer layer?

TriCoastalTriCoastalover 5 years ago
Reminder

This story reminded me why I almost never read novels/novellas. They lead to verbal diarrhea. This is well written diarrhea, but diarrhea, nonetheless. I don't want to read about their future bliss. People in my world aren't this stupid.

ArchReaderArchReaderover 5 years ago
Yet Again

You have done it again, I couldn't put it down. So well written and grammatically correct. If it were possible 7*

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
Interesting read , but....

After awhile I felt like I was reading a Shakespeare tragedy that didn’t want to end.

Good characters and a believable, although flawed, plot. Overall an interesting read.

Horseman68Horseman68about 5 years ago
So Addictive.

The scrambled, romantic messes that this author writes are such absorbing reads. This reader has several more works to read by the author, but can only hope that many more will be coming to the site. Strongly hope. 🙂

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 5 years ago
Angst ridden from start to finish

Well written but pretty clear where it was heading. Really not suspenseful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

ben unedumaceted, once fooled twice shy, slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It must run in the family

Carol's not much smarter than her brothers. She seems to be at middle school level. She showed all their friends photos of her husband "cheating" and tells them all about it. Who does that? Middle schoolers. Not something I would want to brag about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story overall but very frustrating at times. One miscommunication too many.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Carol was certainly not worth it and you didn't sell her.

Well written bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kojak01 wrote story a few years ago in which a beautiful woman was called a waste of oxygen (woo). There are times in this story when Carol and John are both WOO. Must be the brain drain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Two idiots off to see the world... both fell off the flat edge... there will be perpetual recriminations and blame towards each other... it's the only communications they seem to know... when connections are that hard and extreme to make and maintain it should be obvious they need not be made and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author can clearly write well, but the plot of this story is so dreadfully juvenile and sappy it loses all credibility. This is a mere adolescent fairy tale that bears no resemblance in any way to reality.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

4 stars, almost 5 stars, simply because it's too long, as some parts could be skipped or shortened. Great tale of love lost, love gained and nasty so-called friends. At first, I was interested in the love part, then the work part, finally the intrigue

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I always thought the author was a gifted writer, even when his plots were a bit intricate. In this instance I've never understood why a clearly intelligent person would want this addled bitch back in his life? Nonsense

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Personally if I had been in his shoes, never would have gotten past the second installment. Show her the real truth, let her come.back and mea culpa and get her brothers to confess, and then shut the door on their relationship. Heck maybe even be acquaintances or minor friends (maybe not), but regardless of what she did to make amends, no way to remarry. She didn't even give him the smallest chance to know what he was accused of. She let her temper and Liam and her brothers talk her out of seeing him. She didn't even go to see him in the hospital. Yeah she didn't cheat but that is a big betrayal on her own. So yeah maybe casual friends but seriously marriage? She showed what she thought of him. At least she didn't do the revenge fuck. For a lot of the rest of the story, they were both morons. All the "o woe is me" and "that's it, it's over, he/she moved on with someone else". His though processes regarding the party aftermath and his rationalizations he was always 2nd best and she met her and old flame (suddenly) who is now her true love (like in a matter of weeks) was one of the dumbest things have read on this site. Meanwhile, despite Liam fucking over her marriage, she feels guilt / pity for Liam since he clearly loved her and was so nice to her for that year at the end when they got together and engaged (and he was a "good lover", despite the fact her ex is apparently a super stud lover, based on her testimony to Jessica, and Tracy's attestations), that she tells none of her extended friends beyond Sue and Jessica that Liam is a scum. She doesn't even confront her brothers with the full truth about Liam. That way Liam can strike again! Her rationale is ridiculous. She clearly has contempt for Liam and regrets every time she fucked him. She said that earlier. Who wouldn't in that situation? Good lover or not, doesn't matter, besides the person she wants back is the love of her life and by far and away her best lover. Then John apparently develops a sever communication syndrome where he cannot seem to talk, text, email for.an extended time. In her defense, she fell into depression, but still never replied to his email, when he wished her well. Meanwhile both sides misinterpret everything. At least she has her friends to guide her out of her stupidity, though she refuses to see reason about Tracy. But here I don't blame her. The party snafu was terrible, he pulled all ways of immediate communication, and then came back and shacked up with Tracy, who she is to believe is house sitting though she knows Tracy was one of the London FWBs? Come on. So yeahbshe is depressed. And he is incommunicado. And yeah he still has communication impairment syndrome. His excuses for not talking to anyone the last month of his long sojourn are stupid. They keep trading stupid misperceptions and lack of communication back and forth. What really irked me is her attitude when she sees him at the door to her flat. Yeah she was just making out with Martin and still thinks he is with Tracy and is upset. But really she is now moved on and serious with a new guy after what 2.5 dates? No sex yet, just some kissing and mild groping? Really? He is Mr Right (well he does use the L word on third date when he leaves). Wtf? And worst of all is the author's disservice to her character when we see her internal thinking about she doesn't want to lose Martin as a backup option, since her ex and her may be done for. But then she talks to Susan and waits for like 3 hours on his steps in a cold rainstorm? Seriously the whole crap with Martin wasn't needed. At least change her internal mindset about Martin. That showed a calculating non-emotional mind that she simply had never shown anywhere else in the story. So yeah, this was a crazy RAAC but then from the party on is just a complete soap operatic rolercoaster. Well written, but wow they were both so dumb. Was like a crazy Shakespearean tragedy (or comedy, hard to tell). And seriously I don't begrudge her starting to date again, with no contact, no info, his Dear Carol email, and Tracy living in his house and decorating it! She had three dates! But the idea that she gives him so much attitude and is now serious with Martin (three dates in two weeks!) and doesn't want to lose him as a backup? That was a big misfire by the author and not in line with her character. Left a sour taste.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

For a story where the author has gone to great lengths to make the story appear realistic, the unbelievably nice unbelievably gullible unbelievably feminine in his overt emotional reactions of the MC is a dismal failure.

He is portrayed as a fairyland fantasyland feminized goody two shoes wimp. Not a male bone in his body. Not a male emotion in his soul. Not a male thought in his head. (Well apart from lust)

IDK. Is there really a secret pact by the authors to see who can come up with the weakest most useless male getting divorced by the most evil harmful bitch and then reunited again.

It reminds me of the old joke.

Two RAAC authors jump off a high cliff to see who can reach the bottom first. Who wins.

Answer.

The readers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

SIMILAR Stories