All Comments on 'Olympus University'

by TNWTBOD

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

You do not get a Dr. with a masters degree. Makes the character seem like an idiot from the start.

shuriken2012shuriken2012over 10 years ago

in agreement with anon you become a dr with a doctorate or phd not a masters

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Editing/Proof Reading

This story line has a great deal of potential. There are several places that should have been proof read for punctuation/spelling. Severl errors in word usage and word tense. Learn to proof you work. Start at the bottom, and work to the top. One sentence at a time.

TNWTBODTNWTBODover 10 years agoAuthor
Phd

About the Phd that was more of a brain error on my part. I was working on this application while writing the story. Like I said I do most of my writing at night so some things do slip by me.

doodlesdaddoodlesdadover 10 years ago
Caltech?

Man, it's clear that this is a fantasy from this sentence:" Plus Caltech has a killer athletics department so that's a bonus."

Caltech has one of the weakest athletics programs in NCAA Division 3, the NCAA's lowest division..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Looks good

Great potential with this one look forward to more. Not many errors as I could see and at least they didn't distract from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yeah Caltech?

Maybe you were thinking of Stanford.

redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

i was thinking you might send him to stanford since it is on the left coast and away from the family. if he doesnt tell abby how he feels then she may not be there when he gets back from school.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
forget this shit get back to red tiger

enough said tyvm

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Personally

I like the Idea of a off the Beaten Path School Mom or Dad could have Acquaintences at Stanford. But Caltech fits the bill close but Not on mom or dads watch list.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

If he wasn't going to MIT because it's a tech school, then he probably wouldn't consider Caltech, another tech school. Berekley or Stanford would probably been more likely.

Anyways, nice lay down of the story. I'd read more when you get around to this story again.

cylinderlitcylinderlitover 10 years ago
Great story.

At the end of the first page it says the 5 people right there but there are six (five in the family and abigail).

Loved the story and can't wait for the continuation of any of your series because I love them all!

Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good but

This is good but u need to finish red tiger

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Story

The idea reminds me of Percy Jackson and the lightning thief. Still good story looking forward to seeing where it goes

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Edit!

Get an editor. Throw up a post on the forums. There are online workshops who will help for free and anonymously. If an editor just isn't working try reading it aloud to yourself. Another suggestion is to finish it and then leave it for a few hours and then edit it.

That being said great ideas! Keep up the good work! Also if you plan on stopping please let us know so I won't keep coming back and checking for new stories every few days, XD. Pet peeve of mine... But please don't stop

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Work!

I like all the stories that you have recently started writing and I think that you have made a good groundwork for them all. The only thing that I can think of to criticize you on would be that maybe you're making your characters slightly overpowered, if that makes any sense. Then again, I'm not really bothered by it and I don't know if others will be. Anyway, good work and I hope that you can keep the ball rolling with all of these series at once.

Fighting41Fighting41over 10 years ago
Good Start

Will be interesting to see where it leads

FylgjaFylgjaover 10 years ago
Good stuff

I am happy you decided to go ahead and post this, as it seems to be the beginning of a really interesting and entertaining story ;-)

disableddandisableddanover 10 years ago
Very intetresting

I will be favoriting both this story and you as an author.... you have an excellent hand for character development and plot. I definitely want to see where you go with this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I hope you have not given up on this. I would and I'm sure others would like to see this story continue

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW

Need to keep going with your stories!!! Once i started reading one i had to read the rest.! Please continue with the ones you have started and take them to completion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I love you. no homo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What's his last name?

Astor or Anston?

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Loved it but....

This is the second of your stories I have started that seems to have died on the vine.

I can handle spelling and grammar errors. I don't mind some factual errors. I can even put up with holes in plots.

But I HATE not knowing how something come out at the end. First the incomplete 'A Genie for Jake' and now this. I may have to stop reading your work as it leaves me too frustrated at the end.

That would be a shame because the stories are very good. What there is of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
please continue

Please continue

jasonhawkjasonhawkover 9 years ago
thats it?

come on that is all? you r a tease. .... lol please continue with it. thaks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
two years in the making

one hell of a story.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
What gives; you want a life or something?

Fagitaboutit it's overrated. We need some completed stories! Get your nose back to the grindstone. Please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
UK Universities

Oxford and Cambridge has separate entrance exams. There is no apply with grades system.

You cannot study at London University, it is a federation of Universities under the London label. You study at a College of London University, Imperial etc.

Evil52Evil52over 8 years ago
Fun

I'm glad you did publish it. I haven't read Adventures of Zeke Jordan but now I have a reason to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I wish you'd gone ahead and waited to get an editor. As it stands, is has potential, but that's about it. Problems start early-- his stepmother's family goes all the way back to "the Medicis and Windsors of Britain"? Really? The Medici family was Italian and not English, and the Windsor line, while it is English, only goes back to 1917!

In the same paragraph, you tell us that the three Astor daughters grew up like "three pees in a pod". Unless you want this story classified as "golden showers", you might want to change that to 'three peas in a pod', as I don't think you meant the girls were urinating on each other.

You have grammatical errors (many) and factual errors as well, all of which keep this from being the good story it is capable of being. Your imagination seems to have placed an order your technical skills can't fulfill. An editor could help you find and fix the errors, and give you a story as good as many of the indie books on Amazon/Kindle. [I particularly enjoyed the word play where you turned Olympia, Washington into Olympus, Washington.]

tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 5 years ago
Nice

This story has potential. I like the start. Continue please.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Great story so far. Please continue...

daves_not_heredaves_not_hereabout 1 month ago

Very interesting start to this story. But after more than 10 years, unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be continued.

There's been nothing new from TNWTBOD since 11/08/2015. I think Literotica lost him... :(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous