Omega Pride Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Could you drop me off at the next Truck Stop?" Delphi asked.

"Are you sure? Dressed like that?" Barbara asked, concern and confusion sown in her words.

"Yes please," Delphi told her, "I'll be fine."

"....Even I'm not so sure about that one," Kenneth sounded just as apprehensive as his wife.

Delphi looked at him, her eyes locking with his in the rear view mirror, "I'll be fine, thank you. Please let me off."

Her voice came out in a plea, and she worried that it would break her character.

Kenneth went silence as he kept contact with her eyes a little while longer before he slowly looked back on the road.

"...Alright, Miss," He told her as he then found a point on the road to turn around.

Delphi was thankful that their eye contact didn't last any longer; she would have averted her eyes otherwise, and she knew that to humans, averting eye contact meant they were lying.

Barbara sharply turned and looked at him in alarm, "Kenneth!"

"It's what she wants, Barbara," He told her in an unexpectedly peaceful manner as he drove.

Her eyes shifted confused on her husband before Barbara looked back at Delphi, "Are you sure, dear?"

Delphi glanced up at her, "Yes, Madam. I've done things like this before."

Barbara had a look and scent that reeked of displeasure in Delphi's choice, but after staring at Delphi, she looked toward Chris, "Chris can you be a dear and hand mommy's Duffy please?"

Chris, being silent and watchful the entire time, grinned at her and did as he was told, handing her the red duffle bag with her name on it.

"Thank you, honey. Can you also get mommy's blue coat too, please?" She smiled at him as she started to look through the bag, her attention then shifted to Delphi, "What size shoe do you wear, dear?"

"Oh! Um, 8 ½-9," Delphi quickly told her.

"Well...I'm a size 8, so these might be a bit tight, but don't worry, I've worn them out a bit so they should be a tad looser," Barbara handed her brown, well-worn sneakers.

"Thanks so much," Delphi grinned as she put them on. True to her word, they were a tight fit on her toes, but they would have to for now.

When they finally neared a Truck Stop with a gas station, mini mart, and a small motel, Delphi unbuckled her belt and put the jacket on.

"....Now again, are you really sure about this?" Barbara feebly tried once again.

"I'm sure," Delphi smiled as she got out the car, "Thanks Mrs. Barbara, Mr. Kenneth, and thank you for keeping me company in the back seat Chris."

Chris gave her a kool-aid grin, and it melted her heart, "You're welcome."

Kenneth smiled at her, and Barbara gave her a weak smile.

"...Take care now," Kenneth told her, to which Delphi nodded, closed the door smoothly, and waved as they drove back onto the semi-busy road.

Once they were out of sight, Delphi let out a large sigh. That was a relief. She wouldn't have to worry about them getting involved anymore. She then faced the Stop, and headed for the mini-mart.

~/~/~/~

Wyatt let out a pissed of growl as Delphi blocked him off from her end of the bond. Why the hell was she doing this?! Why was she fighting so hard against this?! Inside of him, his wolf whined in both hurt and anger. Frankly, Wyatt himself didn't enjoy feeling this himself, and end every bit of hurt and pain kept fueling his anger.

"Sir," Emmanuel asked hesitantly in the car as he drove.

Wyatt's eyes shot to him, his mouth didn't even need to move for Emmanuel to get the point.

However, he continued even more humbly, "Alpha...if I may, wouldn't it be wise to scent her out? She might still be in the forest."

Wyatt's fingers tapped rapidly on the arm of the seat, the silence of the drive only added to the ever-building tension. Wyatt did here him, however, but is thoughts were elsewhere. He had scented her blood on the gates edge. How did she get over something that tall in the first place? He has one of the best security systems imaginable, wolves were up and alert, and they had formed a bond, so he should have been able to sense her intentions to start with. Hell! He should have even sensed when she woke up, but he didn't!

He felt a sense of weakness at this. He couldn't have better control of his mate, and she fled. He wasn't there to be with her, and she fled. His wolf whined in agreement at his thoughts—their thoughts.

He stopped tapping his fingers momentarily, "She is not. Just now, I heard what she heard and saw what she saw. Too much condensed noise to be in the forest, and I saw that she was in a car...no....van I believe. Gray interior, bickering in the front of her, the smell of panic, and the touch of a small child's hand; She's on the road."

"Do you think that they might be taking her to a human hospital?" Emmanuel asked.

"Perhaps. Humans are known to panic when seeing people get hurt," Wyatt regretted those words the moment they left his lips.

He hated to admit it, but he was panicking. She had been hurt and rather than him being there to comfort, protect, and prevent it from happening, humans were in his place. And from the sound of it, they were doing a poor piss job!

He let the thought roll over before he shook his head, "But from what I can tell from what I know about my mate, she hates to be helped, and she hates being forced to go places she doesn't want to."

"Which way is the nearest hospital then, Alpha?" Emmanuel asked glancing at him slightly.

"In Jackson, but she's not going to go back there, not when she knows that Jackson is a part and surrounded by our pack lands. She'd head the other way," Wyatt responded, shutting his eyes.

"...Which way Alpha?" Emmanuel continued to drive.

Wyatt stared on into the open window, trying to take in whatever scent he could grasp for which led him to her. He then let a growl rumble in his chest, "I don't know."

Emmanuel's hands clenched and unclenched the steering wheel several times, "...Maybe South?

East?

To the west perhaps?"

"Shut up and drive, Emmanuel," Wyatt growled at him, seeing that when he said he didn't know, he didn't quite get it.

As Emmanuel fell silent once more, Wyatt tried their bond again, but he was met with a dark wall he couldn't get around, and every time he tried, it worsened on his nerves.

He understood Emmanuel was only asking to help, and that as annoying as he was, he was being relatively silent for a change; however, he didn't need his input right now.

His hands tightened into fists, "Damn it Delphi! Where the hell are you?!"

~*~*~*~

"Closed? What do you mean closed?" Delphi stared in disbelief at the man behind the locked door.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I'm on break. Come back 10 minutes," His muffled voice told her from the other side.

"But you're the only one here. Please, just let me in. I need to make a phone call," Delphi pleaded, her fingers pressed against the glass.

"....One ma'am, please remove your hands. You're leaving smudges. Two, there is a phone booth over there. Use that one," He pointed to the lone booth near neatly stacked pipes and broken down truck parts.

Delphi made a quick glance before looking back at him.

"Sir, please," She watched with no avail as he made his way to the backroom and out of sight, leaving her to stare at the "Out to Lunch" sign.

She trembled slightly in frustration, her fists in loose grips before she backed away two steps, her hands swinging down to her sides.

"....What am I going to now?" She thought. She looked out to the clear, cold horizon, the open plains in all directions, except for the distant mountains she once was.

"...Well....I'm not there anymore...at least...that is a good sign?" She tried to comfort herself, but the moment she took a deep breath in, she let it out with a slight cry. She looked about herself, moving to either side, and ran her hand through her free hair.

Crap!

Her nose—her senses in general—were becoming hardwired to be able to find her way back to the Delaney territory! Even all the way out here, she could still smell the compound, no matter how faint it was! Sadly, it called to her and her wolf, and as cruel as those wolves were, a sense of belonging, a sense of home, was there for her.

"It will never be our home," She thought, struggling against herself and her wolf which desperately wanted to go back, "Never."

With that in mind, she headed toward the phone. She regretted not taking the ride back to Cheyenne. There were no packs there, and could have gotten her old job back and then made her way to the south and out of Wyoming for good. Wyatt—

NON!! NON!!

The Alpha of the Delaney pack!!

...The Alpha of the Delaney pack...

may be able to roam Wyoming with next to no permission since he might know all the Alphas here, but he could never leave it without granted pass. And she, as a lone wolf, knew how to pass as human...for the most part. She went over to the phone and grabbed it, putting the receiver to her ear.

"...Come on....come on...please...please work," She bit her up lip after she whispered as she tried several of the toll free numbers she's memorized over the years.

She wanted to try 911, but she didn't want to get anymore humans involved, and she even doubted that would work; the phone just wouldn't work for free calls.

"Need a help there, Miss?" She heard an Alto male voice first and the sound of boots approaching her, causing her to look up suddenly.

"Hmm?" She pretended not hear him, acting like she was in the middle of a call.

The man approaching her had his sleek black hair tied back, and with the cowboy hat he wore, it gave him a rough looking edge.

He finally got closer; his tall and built frame easily shadowed her from the sunlight.

"Need help miss?" He repeated, his light accent rolled off his tongue would have made a lot of females swoon, but to Delphi, she just couldn't place it.

"Um...No. No thanks. I'm fine," Delphi looked down at the booth, trying to ignore him.

"....Please just go away..." She thought to herself.

He may have decent looks, but the smell of cigarettes through her off and absolutely disgusted her. She continued to pretend she was on the phone.

"...You know it's rude to lie to people miss," The man spoke to her.

Delphi froze, her act stopped along with her as she looked at him slowly, a chill ran through her body, "He...he knew I was lying? How? He doesn't smell like a wolf, and he didn't look me in the eye. How he do it...?"

As her eyes met his, he gave her a smile and she gave a small gulp in return.

"I can hear the dial tone, miss. From the sound of that, you don't seem fine," He told her.

That made her let out an internal sigh of relief that she even allowed to reach the surface, causing the man to let out a laugh.

"Here," He reached in his pocket and handed her 50 cents, "There you go miss."

"O-oh! Thank you," Delphi gave him a weak yet grateful smile.

He was just a human. Though he smelt bad, he was a kind hearted human, and that was more than she could say than the man in the mini-mart. However, she quickly dialed a number she knew was no longer active. She was going to turn to her wolf form, run, and try and hitch a ride on a truck. She was just trying to see if she could call a ride before, but she knew it wouldn't work now. She just had to wait for him to leave so she could set her plan into motion.

However....

He wouldn't leave! He just leaned against the booth and watched her, studied her!

"Okay...he was nice, but he was strange," She thought as she glanced at him once and again tried to act like she was on the phone as she whipped her head forward, "Blake? Blake pick up your phone...Come on, pick up...Fine...I hope you're on your way here, cause I had to hitch a ride since you left me out in the middle of nowhere. I already told you where I was in the van so I expect you here no later the next 5-10 minutes, 'kay?"

She hung up and handed the man his change, "Thanks."

"You're welcome. Leave your...friend a message?"

"My boyfriend actually. And yeah, I left him a message," Delphi tried to show him politely that she wasn't interested as she looked toward the road.

"I see..." The man said as he grabbed his hat, taking it off to readjust it a bit, "...May I say though, you have extraordinary eyes, miss."

Delphi looked at him before she started to walk away, a slightly confused grin on her face, "Thank you."

Either he got the point and was giving her a farewell compliment, or he was still trying.

"You know, different colored eyes are called Heterochromia iridium. However, eyes like yours, where the center is a different color—for you, in both eyes—is called Center Heterochromia," He smiled at her as he explained.

"Really?" Delphi asked, not really interested as she turned her back on him with a slight smile and she continued to walk.

"Orange to blue-grey is quite beautiful to me," He told her with a smile.

"Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not interested," Delphi told him finally and didn't look back as she pretended to wait by the open road for a boyfriend that didn't exist.

"I have only seen in on one other woman before. A woman in Northeast Canada. Northeast Quebec I believe," He told her softly.

This made Delphi stop in her tracks, the cool January air got colder.

"What....what did he just say......?" She thought, hesitantly looking over at him, and giving him a smile, "...Really? Did you love her?"

He gave her a small grin as he took a step toward her, "...No. Not really. But she was quite beautiful."

"..Really?" Delphi turned and faced him, but took a small step back.

She started to shiver, and not from the cold.

"Oh yes...but I haven't seen her over 14 years," He took another step toward her, "....She had an accent quite similar to yours if I may add."

Delphi started to take more steps back as he moved toward her, her heart beating heavily in each step. She gulped again, her trembling slowly becoming more apparent.

"Well.....I hope you might be able to see her again someday," Her voice started to fade out toward the end of her sentence much against her will, but her fear was increasing with each word, each step added back as his continued forward.

His mouth slacked open in a small chuckle as her last word exited her lips, his slightly yellow teeth showing to her.

"....You know it really is rude to lie to people," His voice though warm, carried a cool and vile edge like a dagger dripping poison, the poison reaching his eyes, "You owe me 50 cents, by the way...Miss Méraudin."

Delphi wanted to let out a cry.

She looked down and quickly grabbed one of the length pipes with both hands. Using her strength, she bashed in into him as hard as she could, letting out a yell. She hurriedly turned and ran as fast as she could across the open road, starting to shred of her clothes while she ran.

It was him!

It was the person who murdered her pack!!!

Her mother, her father, her Alphas, everyone!!!!

All by him!!!!

If they could have been killed by him, he wasn't human, and she had to get out of there!! As she started to shift when she finally opened the jacket, she felt a gunshot go off and she let an ear piercing scream as she fell forward, the scream and the shot echoed with each other to the sky.

~/~/~/~

Wyatt let out a yell out in pain suddenly, his right thigh starting to spasm.

Emmanuel looked over, alarmed at the sudden outburst, "Alpha?! Alpha, what happened—"

"Emmanuel, drive southeast toward the Sullvane territory!" Wyatt barked at his beta.

"But we might need to—" Emmanuel started.

Wyatt growled at him venomously, "SHUT UP AND DRIVE THERE!"

Emmanuel winced at the Alpha's voice before turning the black 2005 Toyota Sequoia around sharply and started to head down the 89 toward the 189.

She had been shot! Someone shot his mate! At that moment, he felt it too, and he saw and felt it all. Wyatt growled fiercely, his heart rate hitting the same speed as Delphi's. He could feel her fear, sense her need to escape and run. She was still alive, just in pain.

Wyatt's teeth elongated, his claws grew out, and his body showed other signs of threatening to transform into his Antro form.

"Shit," Emmanuel swore under his breath and sped up the large SUV, going as fast as he could and breaking the speed limit.

"Delphi! Hold on! I'm on my way!" Wyatt told her through their reopened bond, but all he could get from Delphi was that she was in pain, whoever shot her killed 'them', and that he was a murder; she couldn't hear him!

Wyatt's fists tightened in the seat, breaking the arms of in the process. He wanted to jump out the car and sprint after her, but he knew that at this time, the SUV would get there before he did.

"Delphi!"

~*~*~*~

Delphi's leg shook painfully, the bullet lodged into her thigh, and she felt the burning sensation running within the bleeding wound.

"Silver Bullets!" Her mind barely registered it as she looked up and saw the man smiling toothily, his smile cruel on his face as he held a gun out at her, the barrel smoking.

He started toward her, but they both looked sharply to the side, a large truck driving by, blocking each other off from sight.

Delphi took that chance there and used her arms and good leg to kick herself off the ground, her hurt leg moved and made her cry out. She barely was able to grasp a bar on the truck, but when she readjusted her grasp, she held on with both hands for dear life. She looked to her left as the man ran onto the road.

His smiled was in an agitated sneer as he fired again, causing Delphi to let out a yelp as the bullet barely missed her hand.

He definitely wasn't human; the scent of cigarettes must have blocked of his real scent!

Another round went off and ricochet off the metal edge of the truck, narrowly missing her side. As she ducked, another bullet hit the side of the truck where her skull should have been. Delphi whimpered when it ricochet off it, and rose to see the hole it caused, her eyes widening before she turned to look in his direction with her keen eyesight.

He was getting further off into the distance, and Delphi watched as he lowered his gun, the distance being too great to shoot her from now.

Delphi stared awhile longer, her trembling lips and limbs quivered against the truck. Delphi's body finally gave in and let her cry against the truck.

He tried to kill her, kill her as he had done her pack...as he done her parents.

She leaned her head against the truck, her body felt heavier with her disabled leg. She let out several whimpers and hisses when she moved it, the silver bullet slowly burning away at her flesh from the inside out, but she had to hold on. No matter what.

"Delphi! Delphi hold on! I'm coming!" She heard Wyatt's voice reach her head again.

She looked up and whispered as she thought it back as well, "...W....Wyatt? Wyatt—"

The sudden shock and pain struck her left shoulder, causing her to once again be unable to hear Wyatt as she let go of the truck, the speed made her hit the pavement with a loud crack before she skid into the wet dirt, rolling down the side of the hill into every bump and cranny.

Pain riddled throughout her body as she rolled away from the road. Her body finally stopped moving as she lay on her back, staring clear at the sky. It was a surprise to her why she hadn't blacked out yet, but the feeling of haziness showed her it wasn't that far off.

Tears fell from Delphi's eyes as she let out a near silent cry. Through her snivels, she tried to move her right hand, but wailed out when it hurt to move that as well. She couldn't move back on her elbows to look around her, and the feeling of dangerous loneliness damaged her injured nerves further.