Omega Pride Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She, in the mist of all the pain, felt her flesh burn in her left shoulder. He had...shot her there. Delphi's cries echoed throughout her hurt body, but as much as it hurt, she couldn't stop, couldn't shake the undeniable terror that told her he would come and finish the job.

She couldn't move, and she didn't know if that was what scared her more: knowing that the person who killed everyone she loved was after her life as well, or knowing that said person was leisurely approaching her, and she was in a position where she not only couldn't help herself, but she couldn't see him coming.

Delphi's tearful whimpers got louder after several minutes passed and she heard the sound of boots crunching through the melting snow and cool, wet ground. She watched painfully as he looked down at her with a smile, his boots on either side of her head. Delphi cried as she stared up at him in the silence.

His warm grin that didn't reach his eye implanted itself inside her mind and would haunt her forever as he tapped the side of her face twice with his dirty shoe, going around so that he stood over her near her side.

He lit a cigarette, smoking it as he held up his gun and reloaded it slowly in front of her. Taking out the cigarette, he breathed it in her face, and it hurt too much to turn her head away from the dreadful smell he covered himself with.

He then pointed the gun in front of her face, "...Miss Méraudin, look this way please. No, no. Don't close your eyes. There we go."

Delphi lips trembled violently as she stared dead at the center of the barrel of the gun.

"....Now...that was rude. I was just talking to you, Miss Méraudin. That was no real reason for you to just hit me in the head with that pipe," He told her, and Delphi could finally see the blood that trailed down the side of his head and neck from under his hat.

His blood, his true scent, smelt strange to her. Not human, not wolf, or any animal species she's come into contact with, but she wouldn't dare say anything else with him looking down at her.

He saw her eyes on his blood and kicked her side hard, making her let out a scream to the added injury, "...Eyes back on the barrel, Miss."

Delphi did as she was told; her heart beat to furiously along with her trembling body with each passing second.

"Fortunately for me, it will only take a few days to heal," He took another breath from his cigarette, making sure that every time he exhaled, he did on her, "...Now....I have no real reason to tell you why I did what I did...or why I'm doing what I'm doing...but I'm feeling courteous today. It is a good day after all."

More tears fell from Delphi's dread-stained eyes as they shook.

Once again, he kicked hard in her side, pulling another scream, "On the barrel, Miss. Now...where was I...Oh, I remember...for what it was worth after all these years, Miss Méraudin...you're pack didn't need to die. They were all good wolves, every single last wolf. Love. Kindness. A sense of unity. Very good qualities in a pack, and I respect them for that. But when they refused to give up who we asked for....they signed their own death warrant. Unfair, I know, I know, and I almost wish I hadn't done it.... But then again...I'm thankful to the Deities...wait a second. That's right. You and every pack out there believe in the Moon Goddess, I'm sure....so I'll thank her instead. ...Why? Well, seeing you, laying in this very spot, in this very position, with you looking helplessly up at me. Alone. Staring at my barrel."

He let out a silent chuckle and shook his head slightly, "It reminds me of her. Your mother. No really, it does. I mean, who would have thought, that after all these years of trying to find the last Méraudin pack member, that I would find the daughter of my last kill here? In the backwaters of this forsaken place of all places? The Deities... No, my bad, forgive me...the Moon Goddess must be smiling on me today."

Delphi stared up at him, this...this insane man. Her body continued to tremble painfully.

He then cocked the gun and neared her face with it, causing it be at a range that even if she wasn't in so much pain couldn't avoid.

".....Now...I know I spoke too much, and I must say this. Thanks so much for finding me. It's been a pleasure," He then winked at her, and rubbed her messy hair as one would a kid, "....Good night, Miss Méraudin."

And Delphi stopped breathing.

A blur flashed over Delphi, charging straight into the man, and sending him flying backwards. She heard a gunshot fired as he flew back.

What..? What happened? Delphi couldn't see any much but peaks of light from the blur that covered her.

"Wait," she thought and sniffed weakly, smelling the smell of pine, sage, and myrrh....

on black fur...

that shown dark brown in the sun.

"...W....Wyatt....?" She asked weakly before she was cut off with the sound of a deep, throaty growl accompanied by a booming, enraged bark,

"STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!"

~/~/~/~

Wyatt couldn't believe what he saw when the man held a gun to Delphi's head. He didn't even think twice as he threw the door open and charged out, his body breaking and reshaping bones in painful, boisterous cracks. He saw red all the way there, his body growing in size and shredding through his clothes. He watched as this man cocked the gun and was about to squeeze the trigger.

Wyatt lunged at the man just as he looked up, sending him flying backwards into the dirt. He barked sullenly at him.

"...W...Wyatt? Is...is that...you?" He heard his mate ask weakly from underneath him.

He dare not look at her right now. He already had an incentive to kill this fucking bastard, but he knew that if she looked as bad as he knew she felt, he'd make sure he suffered.

Too late.

The thought put him over the edge as he pictured what he did to her, how he shot her twice, made her fall of a truck, break her wrist, and injure several areas on her body, and terrify her to tears.

He watched as the man tried to get up and Wyatt charged again, this time pinning him down by his throat as he literally disarmed him, ripping the arm that held the offending gun clean off.

The man let out a scream, but Wyatt silenced him as he slashed him across his face, tearing his ear off his face, slicing his cheek and eye socket open as well. He stared down at the man, his canines bared at him with menace.

Logic wanted to ask him who the hell he was, and why he hurt her, but the thought of his mate hurt and in fear, and the familiar smell of this man's blood deposed logic as grabbed the fucker's jaw from the bottom, digging his large claws deep into it and underneath tongue and out the side of his sliced open mouth.

He bit down hard onto his neck, shattering his spine and cutting straight through the spinal cord as he ripped his face and the bone structure in it off, breaking it from the back of his skull.

Wyatt started down at the now distorted, defaced man, a growl in each heavy breath he took. His breathing started to slow down even further as his man's heart came to a stop.

He stood up at his full height and wanted to let out a howl, but refused against it since the last thing he needed was humans to get curious enough to investigate where it came from.

Wyatt then turned and looked at Delphi, and his heart sank. He wished he could bring that bastard back to kill him again.

She was shot in her left shoulder and right thigh, just like he had felt. Her right arm's wrist was bent in the wrong way and her face was cut up, most likely when she fell.

There was definitely more to her pain underneath her cloths as he saw blood stains all over his white shirt and reach the surface of his pants and the holes in the jacket.

As he neared her, he turned back to his human form, the same agonizing sounds occurred as he did so and the remaining strands of clothing slid off his human frame.

"...Delphi," He whispered to her as he bent down to her where she could see him.

"...Wyatt...?" Her lips trembled and her words dipped, "...Am...am I dead....?"

"...No, beloved," He brushed her hair out of her dirty and beaten face.

"...And....you're here....?" Her words became a whisper as another few tears fell from her eyes.

He nodded, "....I'm going to get you home. And out of this state, okay?"

He then put his hands under her to lightly lift her up, earning from Delphi a yelp of pain as her body contracted at his gentle touch.

This made Wyatt's wolf whimper inside of him; he doesn't mean to hurt his mate, but had no choice, "Easy now."

Her body fit easy in his arms as he held her close, resting her head lightly against his chest and under his chin. She looked up and then looked down again as he carried her, remaining silent.

"Emmanuel, go and bury that filth," Wyatt commanded him firmly and with disgust as Emmanuel closed the front doors and opened the backseat door for them, knowing that his Alpha would want to sit with his mate.

"Yes, my Alpha," Emmanuel nodded and went to go do as he was told, glancing only once at Delphi's state.

~/~*~/~

Holding her, Wyatt maneuvered his body so that Delphi didn't move much.

She let out a whimper in his arms as he continued held her close and closed the door.

Wyatt glanced down at her and their eyes met.

In the silence, he whispered in her mind a gentle command, "....Sleep now, Delphi. You've been through enough."

The haziness in Delphi's eyes heard that command, and after an inhale of Wyatt's scent, she finally let herself black out.

~*~/~*~

Thanks for reading everyone!
Once again, sorry for the wait
I have had to balance between school and a new job
But I'll hop to the next chapter soon!