Omega Pride Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Words will come later," He whispered softly to her as he eased out of it, "Sleep now."

On his command, her eyes grew heavy. Slowly fluttering shut, she fell into a painless sleep.

~/~/~

Wyatt stood straight up over his now peacefully sleeping mate in silence. Her body was starting to heal, again, rather slowly, but healing.

He wanted to lick her wounds, but he figured it would be best until he knew her body would heal a good portion of itself on its own, as much as he didn't want to wait.

Her mind was starting to return to a less aggravated state, and she didn't seem to be having any nightmares soon. That was a relief. He then looked over to Denver as he turned off the faucet. If the water made the first bullet shrink back to its original size, then surely this one would too.

"Denver," Wyatt got the male's attention, "I want you to figure out what that thing is as soon as possible. I want a full analysis."

"Yes, my Alpha," Denver nodded his head as he put both bullets together.

Florideen, who had been completely silence both verbally and mentally, had finally gotten up on her feet again and started toward him, "I will help you too, Denver."

"...You need to rest," He told his mate softly.

"No need," Florideen told him, showing her healing palm, "It should be healed entirely in an hour or so."

Denver looked at her, "Mate—"

"Florideen," Wyatt stopped them both, "He will do what I asked him to do. You're hand is healing, and for that I need you to patch the wounds on my mate. Her wrist is broken and needs attention, and because she wasn't born Delaney, her wounds need dressing as well until they fully heal."

Florideen looked at Delphi and then after awhile, she looked back at her Alpha and nodded, "Understood my Alpha."

"Good," Wyatt turned to leave, "After you are done, have her sent to my suite. I do not want her anywhere near those."

As they bowed their heads at him, he looked at Delphi one last time before leaving.

"Emmanuel," He projected out to his Beta, "When Delphi arrives at my rooms, watch her, and send her down to my study when she wakes up."

"Understood, my Alpha," Wyatt projected back.

This time, Delphi would be looked after, though he doubted she would run again. She was in no condition to and even if she tried, he would be able to catch his runaway mate with ease.

As he walked toward the manor, he could feel the tug, the pull of the bond he and Delphi shared stretch like indestructible, invisible rubber. He could feel her in his head, just as he knew she could feel him in hers.

As he walked up the steps, he growled over the day's actions. Everything that happened, that led up to now...shouldn't have. He should have been with her the entire time. They should have never gotten out of the room, hell the bed—the thought almost made him want to growl lustfully if not the circumstances. It was their day to reestablish their bond and get to know each other over...

and over...

and over...

and over again. Yet, that didn't happen. She ran. If she hadn't been hurt, he and his wolf would have punished her somehow, but again...the circumstances. She ran into that man and he had hurt her like that.

That brought him back to the question at hand.

"Keric, Adeline, to my study in three hours," He projected as he made his way toward it now.

He needed to get to the bottom of this. Who was he, what was he, why did he kill Delphi's pack, and why did he try to kill her? He needed the answers. But first he needed to level his head.

~/~/~

"Yes, my Alpha?" Adeline pushed open the left door, and Keric held it open for her before entering herself.

Wyatt looked up at them from his seat, his hands folded in front of his mouth.

"Sit down," He told them quietly, and without question they did so.

It was silent for only a brief moment before he spoke up.

"I didn't want to find out from either of you, but I need to know. What was it about Delphi's past that you wanted to tell me?"

The two shuffled in their seats; Adeline looked at her brother before looking back at Wyatt.

"....It was about the packs she was from," Adeline spoke humbly.

Wyatt tilted his head slightly toward her, "She was a part of packs separate from the Méraudin pack?"

"Yes, my Alpha," Keric spoke up, "Two in which we believe might have suppressed her over a course of years: the Oakens pack of Pennsylvania and the Stenpryde pack of Canada."

An almost uncontrolled, menacing growl escaped from Wyatt's throat at the two names, causing Adeline to gulp and Keric to tighten his hands into fists.

No wonder why they didn't want Delphi here when they told him. If it weren't due to current standings, he might have started a war with them! Both packs left a bad taste in his mouth along with a bad scar on all wolf packs. Why they still existed today was a wonder.

They were probably the reason why Delphi went lone. T

hey were probably the other reason besides their reputation why she ran away from this pack...

"Do you know how long she was with each pack? Or how she escaped?" Wyatt asked lowly.

"Neither," Adeline shook her head. Silence resumed in the room, the sound of the clock ticking being heard in the background.

After what seemed like forever, he stood up, "What do either of you know about the Méraudin pack and their destruction?"

The question was nowhere near sudden, as this concerned Delphi's past.

"Nothing but the fact that they were wiped out 14 years ago," Adeline responded.

"But by who?" Wyatt asked, rather pressing for information that he knew who wouldn't obtain from them.

It fell silent again, but Keric's calm voice asked out shortly, "...This has something to do with what has happened to Miss Delphi when she ran...doesn't it, Wyatt?"

Wyatt stared up at the slow moving fan on the ceiling, "...Delphi was attacked by a man who killed her original pack."

Adeline let out an almost silent gasp, but Wyatt continued, "He was dead set on killing her, even 14 years later."

"But how?" Adeline asked, "How could one man murder an entire pack? Was he a Hunter?"

"That would be impossible," Keric spoke up, "Hunters have long sense been extinct, and regardless, even if it was, a single one could never do what he did by himself."

"...That filth smelt nothing of a human," Wyatt told them, their eyes both in disbelief, "Nor another wolf or any type of animal I know of...but...he smelt of something from long before now. Keric, you would recognize the smell, I'm sure of it."

Keric gave a small gulp before his eyes nit with concern, "What did it smell like?"

"...A μιγάς," Wyatt whispered.

"Bullshit!" Adeline jumped up from her seat, fear and anger in her normally monotone voice.

"Adeline," Keric warned, his eyebrows narrowing at her.

"Forgive me, Wyatt, but that's impossible," She looked back and forth between her brother and her Alpha, "They're myths, and they are damn near impossible to exist, even if they weren't!"

"They did exist, Adeline," Keric told his sister before looking at Wyatt, "But it is true. A μιγάς can't simply be born, and the last one to ever exist was...well over 2000 years ago, during the time of the human, Caesar."

"If I never smelt that scent before, I would doubt that possibility as well. Hell, I still doubt it, but that man's flesh and blood smelt exactly like one," Wyatt sat back in chair and leaned back into it, "My question is why would he want to kill her and why did he kill her pack?"

"....We may find the answers if you ask Miss Delphi herself, Wyatt," Keric told him, "...But there is something certain: if it was a μιγάς, they never have been know to do things alone, not without orders nor without company."

Wyatt looked down, thinking on Keric's words before looking at the door past them. Delphi was awake.

~*~*~

"Aïe, aïe..." Delphi winced in pain as she turned over in a bed.

By the scent of it, Wyatt's bed, and by the feel of it, she was naked. He must have put her back here.

Slowly, she tried pulled herself up, but winced when she used her right arm, and her left shoulder stung. She tried again using her sensitive appendages lightly, and when she finally was able to prop herself against the pillows, she looked down at her wrist that now lay in a cast.

She could see that the cuts on her body were healing and had formed scabs to stop the blood. She looked at her shoulder slowly, afraid to damage it accidentally, but it too was healing. It did not look nearly as bad as she had felt before; there was gauze and a white shoulder brace on it, so she didn't need to wear a cast there. As she looked at her thigh, she could see they did the same to it as well.

How had she healed that fast? Was it because of the bond she shared with Wyatt? Was he giving her some of his abilities? No. Delphi shook her head, "I have never heard of that before."

Delphi looked at the window sadly, seeing jump out of it from earlier that morning. Had she never tried to run away, none of this would have ever happened.

That man...that man would never have tried to kill her...but...it was too late for her family. Did she...really have to know that he had done it? Oh Goddess....why did he do it...?!

She remembered his haunting words from earlier. He had killed her pack...because they refused to give something up. What was it?! What was so important that they risked their lives over it?!

She thought back to her dream, how she saw him kill her pack, her parents...and then her. But...she felt it. She could feel the bullet through her head, the heat of the flames, the blood on their bodies— She shuddered sorrowfully at the memory. How could that be possible? It wasn't. It would never be!

After awhile of debating to get up or not, along with pushing the memory to the back of her mind, she tried to stand up. Using her good leg first, followed by balancing herself out with the support of the bed post as she lowered onto her other leg.

Sure enough, she could feel the twinge of pain shoot through her thigh, but she bit her lip to avoid a sound. She...she had to fight through the pain. It would hurt less if she got use to it. Slowly—and with a limp—she made her way over to his closet again. This time, she found a black robe of his, though big on her, and covered herself with it, careful of her wrist and shoulder.

She wouldn't have minded going nude for once if it weren't for the fact that she didn't want anyone to see how broken up her body was. They already looked down on her as it was, and she did not want to know what would happen after all this.

"Wait," She stopped in her tracks toward the front door, "Does...does everyone know...? That she was now mate to the...to Wyatt?"

She prayed to the Moon Goddess that they didn't. She gulped as stared at the maroon, full double mahogany doors. She already decided that she didn't want to stay in here and she'd have to go out sometime or later. She shook her head and reached for the left door.

No. It had to be now.

"Mrs. Delaney?" The sound of Emmanuel's voice and the words he said made her jump slightly and her heart sink.

She winced as she landed on her bad leg. So...they did know...

"M-m-my name's Delphi... Just Delphi. Not Delaney," She told the tall brunette timidly.

He looked at her silently. After a moment, he let out a small sneer, "Very well, Mrs. Delphi."

"N-non...just Delphi. No Mrs.," Delphi told him.

Emmanuel shook his head at her words. He obviously didn't like the fact that she kept telling him who she was and wasn't, heck she didn't like giving a beta, who in her eyes was a higher in rank than she'll ever be, any commands.

"...Alright. Miss Delphi," Emmanuel said, surprising for his previous snicker, "The Alpha wants you to go to his study now."

"O...Okay," Delphi nodded her head and started for the stairs, holding onto the railing as she slowly made her way down with Emmanuel behind her as if a silent escort.

Though she barely glanced over at him, she felt nervous with him behind her.

Despite it being past noon—she was sure of it once she saw the clock—there was barely any, in fact, no wolves or pups around. The icy white of the room, the echo of their movements, and the death still air added to the barrenness in the most uncomfortable way.

She limped slowly toward his study, and when she finally reached the doors, Emmanuel opened it for her and let her in.

Delphi gulped as she was met with Wyatt's, Adeline's, and Keric's stares. The moment Emmanuel closed the door after her, Delphi, unable to help it, immediately averted her eyes.

"Don't look way from us, Delphi," She could hear Wyatt whispered in her mind calmly.

Delphi hesitated to his command, but slowly, she looked back up at him, peaking at him first behind her dark auburn hair. A

s she met Wyatt's eyes, she felt her heart dive into them. His eyes themselves, though serious, compelled her, entranced her to go to him.

However, she didn't.

Instead of walking to be near his side or in his lap, she silently walked forward into the room before changing directions to sit carefully into a chair against the wall.

The air took a different scale of thickness and tension at her actions, which made her feel nervous as she looked up to see Keric and Adeline looking at Wyatt as if to see what he would do next.

Wyatt's lip twitched in slight aggravation, as she could see from the corner of her eye, but he closed his eyes and leaned back into his chair. Delphi let out a breath she almost didn't know she held.

The silence, however, resumed after that.

Delphi started to scratch at her cast and nibble on her lip, her eyes looking quickly between random areas on the floor.

She hated when they did this. Were they talking amongst themselves? Were they debating on what to say first? Please...someone say something...

"How are you feeling?" Wyatt finally broke the ice.

"...I...I'm fine," Delphi told him, rather thankful he did, but in truth, did he really have to? Did he read her mind or sense her uneasiness?

She then watched as he folded and rested his fingers against his chest, "Delphi, I understand you just woke up, and after this morning you would need your time, but there are things that need to be discussed and gone over. You know that."

Delphi shifted in her seat and looked down, seeing where this was going, "....I do."

"...Delphi...how long were you in the Stenpryde and Oakens packs?" Wyatt asked.

Delphi looked straight at him. She wasn't expecting that. She thought he would ask her why she ran or something.

But...the thought of those two packs brought back grave memories, "....I was with Stenpryde for four years...Oakens for two."

"...It was because of them why chose to be lone before, isn't it?"

"Partially...Yes," Delphi nodded her head, expecting him to ask if that was way she ran from him, but he surprised her still.

"What happened, and how did you escape from them?"

The questions tore at her heart like a knife.

When she looked up at him, she could see seriousness...yet...concern in his eyes.

She gave in once again to her natural tendencies and looked down, "I...I had...no where to go...after everything happened to my pack."

She straightened up a bit as she shuffled her seating once again, "I was 10...still a pup, still ignorant of the world...and I was sure I was going to die: There was only four packs in Eastern Canada...well...three...or two...now, and I didn't know where...or how to get to them..."

Delphi took in a deep breath, her memories and pain trying to resurface as it had all morning, but she swore she wouldn't cry again, "...It was winter, and though I tried my best for a week or so to hunt, I was starving...and one night, I just passed out...

Next thing I knew, I woke up in a small room with a female in her wolf form at my side and a male in human form...her brother, approaching me with soup and...a few scraps of raccoon. I don't remember what happened or how I got there...they never told me...They never got a chance to try.

Before they could say anything about where I was or any explanation of some sort...a few Theta males burst through the door...angry...and...dragged them and me onto the "good" pack lands...I was...forced into the Stenpryde pack when the Alphas found out, and the two who helped me were... "punished"...in front of me for bringing an unknown wolf onto their territory, regardless of my age or history...

Despite the fact that I was an Omega like them, they never talked to me afterwards...in both fear and law that they would be hurt again. And I can't blame them for doing so.

That pack hated their Omegas developing packship or any bonds with each other. Only those that were or fated to be mates, and siblings were allowed to communicate with each other outside of communal work," Delphi stopped and paused before continuing,

"Once they realized I was an Omega...that was it. The Alphas and all the other ranks put me to hard work that not even the adult wolves from my original pack would do without help... I'd get punished if I didn't do anything fast enough, messed up, or purely if I, in any way, shape, or form...upset those born higher in the hierarchy...even if it was something I didn't do,"

She looked up at the ceiling fan as she brushed the side of her hair back, "Because I was forced and not born into the pack... I spent the most time in my wolf form when I was with them...because I had to settle for living on the outskirts under broken tree branches and uprooted roots for all four—"

"Delphi," Keric lightly caught her attention, and the moment he did, she knew what he was talking about as she felt resentment and bitterness explode in her mind.

She felt it like superheated pokers that were branding painfully on their helpless prey for more than just a few seconds.

She glanced over at Wyatt, and just as she felt the anger, she smelt and saw it on him: his claws were sharpening, canines slightly elongated behind his twitching lips, a near silent rumbled was itching in the back of his throat, and his eyes, though looking at her, seemed to look through her past with a need for pure primal carnage.

Delphi's heart took a dive in fear and she gulped in the newly renovated silence. Her body began to slowly shake. He...he wasn't upset at her...but he scared her...His eyes...she shouldn't be afraid...she should feel well-protected...but....but...!

Wyatt's eyes softened up when Delphi swallowed again.

At this, she was able to continue, albeit signs on nervousness had entered her voice.

"I-I-I escaped...during the revolt..."Delphi looked at Keric, who had a calm, yet serious look on his face that was far less intimidating,

"T...the female...wh...who I woke up to...and her brother were pups to an Omega and a Beta," She then switched to Adeline, but couldn't help but look down when her eyes made contact with the Madame Alpha,

"When two different ranks mate in that pack...the higher gets demoted...I never knew until the revolt...but she...that female had mated with a Beta from a neighboring pack... As naturally a Beta by birth, I'm sure this was to be expected, but the outcome was that the other pack was going to overthrow the Alphas' leadership."

"Who were the Alphas of the Stenpryde pack, Delphi?" Wyatt asked suddenly, his baritone, though soft on her, told of hidden edges.

"....Alpha—" She started as she looked to him.

"No," Wyatt's stern words cut her humble ones in half, making her hands flinch, "Don't refer to those wolves as Alphas. They're a disgrace, and you are better than them in every way... Now, what were their names?"

Delphi swallowed again. Even though those were some of the worse Alphas she knew of...even though they had treated her badly...this screamed against everything she was as an Omega. She was already—heck—she HAS already done things that no Omega should ever have done, even in their wildest of dreams!