Omega Pride Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Their names, Delphi," Wyatt repeated, and it almost sounded like an order—came across as an order to her.

"...Sh-Sh-Sh ...Sh-Sh-Shannon...and...C-C-C- Caleb," After saying their names, Delphi sharply looked down as she clenched her fingers; her right ones lightly on her cast.

She didn't even so much as like it when she called Wyatt by his first name, but he had given her permission—more of a command—to call him by his first name, but to call another Alpha... Delphi trembled inside; this was disturbing all of who she was as an Omega.

"...I had left before they were overthrown," Delphi whispered in the addition.

"If I'm right, Wyatt," Adeline spoke for once, her monotone ever evident, "Those two are no longer in control; the current pack there hasn't changed over the full packs' names yet, but by her story, they are technically the Maldwyn pack lead by Michael and Reiyn now."

Wyatt nodded and closed his eyes. He let the rage die down in his scent—and Delphi's head—first before reopening them, "As for the Oakens pack, Delphi?"

This made Delphi started to panic inside.

"Th...The Oakens...pack..." Her words started to dip.

In truth, she felt more fear from the Oakens than Stenpryde; if an Omega, born and raised as one, tried ran away before the Revolt...Stenpryde would let them go to die in the wilderness as a lone wolf...Oakens would beat them and...cage them...if they were female...in any rank.

"...A...few months...after I had escaped...I ran into a Theta from that pack...He deceived me...and told me that I would be accepted in his pack with no animosity against Omegas...but about time my wolf told me to run...I had been forced in that pack as well..." Delphi fidgeted in her seat, "...Please...please don't make me say what happened..."

To this the air's scent changed to concern, and it reeked heavily on Wyatt's side.

"...Miss Delphi—" Keric started.

"Please...! Please don't..."Delphi's lips trembled to a whisper.

The memories of the Oakens pack were like a virus that wouldn't leave her brain. Over the years, she has tried to get over it, but when it's brought up...it never dies.

"Delphi," Wyatt got her attention this time, "At least tell me this: how'd you escape?"

"I...I don't know," She replied in a tearful whisper, "...I can't...remember... I blacked out...when a Delta male got really angry at me... I blacked out...and the next thing I remember was that I woke up in Upstate New York."

"You blacked out?" Adeline asked, "Couldn't your wolf tell you what happened?"

"No. She never did...she still hasn't," Delphi told her with slightly confusion in her voice.

In fact, where was her wolf?

She felt her in her head, but she was being unusually quiet since their return. Was she just as tired as Delphi was? Why wasn't her wolf awake, especially right now? It didn't make any sense.

"Miss Delphi," Keric spoke up, interrupting her thoughts.

Once her eyes were on him, he continued, "...I wish to apologize to you."

"Why?" Delphi asked, "You aren't them."

"Yes, but I see that you have suffered a lot through out the years, and a few days ago that was unjust the way it was handled. On behalf of the other Betas and myself, we are sorry for forcing you," Keric bowed his head at her.

To this Delphi was taken aback, not just because he was a Beta apology to an Omega, but because of everything else.

She let out a sad and quiet laugh, her lips quivering now, "You have no reason to. It...It is natural for all packs to force members. That is the way it is, and the way it will always be."

Despite the atmosphere change of surprise and puzzlement, she continued as she looked at all three of them, "The Stenpryde pack...the Oakens...the pack in Minnesota...and even Delaney...No...for sure Delaney, and all existing wolf packs. That's the way it is. If you are a lone wolf, join a pack or die. If you are a rogue, join a pack or die. Join or be killed. There is no choice..! It is the werewolf law. And it is never going to change."

All fell into the grim, undeniable silence before a knock was heard on the door.

Wyatt sniffed the air after awhile, and the doors opened and closed; he had projected to who was behind, but at this moment, Delphi didn't care as she sat in her sadden and secluded thoughts.

She has fought a lot of things in past, but just like the Oakens...that was something that would never leave her mind: the force that all packs have against lone wolves like her...like she use to be. Even in a pack where her m...Wyatt was...it was still found here.

"Florideen and I figured out what those silver bullets were," Denver spoke.

This made Delphi look up, a sudden burst emotion different from her mood—and all others—rushed into the area.

"What did you find?" Wyatt asked with new energy in his voice.

"The matter that makes up the silver is warped: They have a leach effect with blood; when it comes in contact with a living host, it makes sure that it cannot be removed by normal means," Denver told him,

"Had my mate not told me nor you stopped it from reaching Mrs. Delaney, it would have been impossible for me to remove it. The only reason why it didn't grow after wet with water was because the blood that the matter clung to became too diluted to make a clear choice."

"Could it have moved to a different wound then?" Wyatt asked.

To this Denver shook his head, "Both thankfully and unfortunately no."

"On the positive scale, the bullet's atoms are not so advanced to curve in any way, shape, or form; it is still metal," Florideen spoke up, "But, on the negative side, it wouldn't need to. With the effects it carries, it would...kill the victim quicker if it returns to the source it had already infected."

"But why did it react the way it did on Delphi and you?" Wyatt inquired, "No silver has done that before, even in a 93% concentrated state."

"Because the bullets were 99.8% concentrated silver, just under the point were it would become too soft," Florideen told him.

"Not only that, my Alpha, but the silver itself has been tampered with far worse on the scale," Denver told him, "We couldn't identify the material that made up the .2%, but it not only kept the bullet as hard as any other bullet, but sped up the natural rate in which the silver would deteriorate our flesh.

Combine that with its growing factor and the fact that only an excess of direct water can make it not do so, those bullets were made so that the target would not survive from it."

Delphi covered her mouth with her good hand, nearly ignoring the pain.

Why...why would that man have something like that? Why was he so dead set on killing her and her pack?!

Denver turned at looked at her and Delphi caught his gaze.

"When I examined the remains of Florideen's cut from where she was injured, what baffled me the most was the fact that, while she is a Beta to Madame Alpha, it had deteriorated her palm so quickly with one swipe...while Mrs. Delaney had the two bullets inside of herself for well over an hour before getting as bad as it did," Denver spoke with a sullen tip.

"...What's that suppose to mean?" Delphi whispered warily.

She didn't like where this was going or what he called her.

Denver asked hesitantly, "...Are you sure you are an Omega?"

"Yes," Delphi looked taken aback, "My parents were both Omegas."

"Then are sure they were you parents?" Denver asked.

"Of course they were," Delphi replied painfully.

"Denver..." Wyatt growled a warning to Denver.

"...I apologize, my Alpha," Denver lowered his eyes to him, "But how can you be sure?"

"They were my parents," Delphi started, "I know they were. I inherited my mother's eyes."

How?! How can he ask something like this?! How can he question who her parents were or were not?! They birthed her and she came from them!

"...With all due respect then, Mrs. Delaney, how can you be sure that was your father then?" He asked as humbly as he could.

"St...stop it please...They were mated," Delphi couldn't believe that he said that, "Wolves are unable to bear pups that don't come from their mate. They're barren without them."

"...But," Denver started.

Please stop, Delphi thought, Don't continue...please don't continue!

However, Denver persisted as he didn't hear her, "Then could possibly have been your aunt and—"

"Stop it!" Something suddenly snapped inside of Delphi, startling him and Florideen who were in her immediate sight.

Delphi stood up, for once ignoring the pain entirely with her speed, her eyes glowing brightly in anger and voice yelling with fury, "They were my parents! How dare you ask something that hurtful?! What proof do you have that your parents are your own?! What proof does any one have except for the fact that they were raised by them, their scent, and what others say?! I was raised by my pack and by my parents! They conceived me! And for you stand there and something that ignorant of...! ...When they...are...my...parents..."

Her words faded out as she returned to her sense, her eyes stopped glowing.

She covered her agape and quivering mouth with shaking hands as she looked at the bewildered face of Denver, then Florideen...followed by Keric and Adeline....then finally, Wyatt's.

Her heart beat rapidly and it pure shock and terror at what she had just done. Without another bout of silence she turned and headed for the door, leaving the looks on their faces as she hurried back to Wyatt's room.

~/~/~

"What...was that?" Adeline asked awhile after Delphi left.

Everyone, including Wyatt, was thinking that.

"I don't know," Wyatt replied, astonishment not once leaving his voice. A

fter a moment, he turned his head to the cause, "Denver Delaney."

Denver flinched as he slowly looked over to his Alpha, saying nothing.

"I warned you not to continue," Wyatt told him coldly.

"....I...just wanted to get down to the bottom of—" He started.

"And I told you not to," Wyatt's words were sharp with him, earning him another flinch from both him and his mate.

Wyatt was nowhere as pissed as he was earlier—thankfully—but the revelations of Delphi's past and her pain did not put him in a good mood.

However...he couldn't be entirely mad at the Delta.

"...Leave," Wyatt commanded him, "I thank you and your mate for what you have done today, but I want you both out of my sight."

Denver said nothing to him, but after awhile, he bowed his head and the sound of the doors opening followed by closing accompanied him and Florideen as they left.

"...Wyatt—" Adeline was cut off by him shaking his head.

Delphi was hurting in more ways than one and he had barely done anything to stop her from reliving it. That outburst...was unlike her, from what he knew, and though he and his wolf were proud that she had asserted herself, the reasons why were uncalled for.

"...Do you think she'd run again Wyatt?" Adeline asked him.

"No. She trusts me too much," Wyatt said rather emotionlessly as he sat back in seat, a look of concern and upset on him, "But that is not what the problem is."

He then looked at both Adeline and Keric, "For some reason, she has blank areas in her memory. The problem that while it seems that her wolf knows why she can't remember certain things happened in her past, she isn't telling Delphi anything; she knows the answers."

~/~*~/~

Finally! The end of chapter 6. For translational purposes, 'où es-tu' means 'where are you', 'S'il vous plaît pas encore' means 'Please not again', 'pourquoi cela arrive' means 'why is this happening', Mlle is another word from Mademoiselle like Mrs. or Miss, 'Fuir d'ici' means 'run away', and to make a long story short, Delphi was saying that the man killed her family and was going to kill her as well, somebody help her, that she was scared, and the whole thing hurts so much. To answer some premade questions, μιγάς is pronounced as migάs, and Denver has a stigmatism in his eyes so that's why he has both sharp and bad eyesight. Thanks for being patient with me, and thanks for reading and hopefully the next chapter will come out faster (and better) than this one~!