Omega Pride Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But it wasn't just that. Something inside... inside her wolf, wanted to come forth and put her in her place, to force her to submit.

Once again, Delphi shook her head, 'We shouldn't. It wouldn't get us anywhere anyway.'

She looked to her wolf mentally, who still had her hackles up against Sonja, 'We are mated to Wyatt, and I might be even falling in love with him too. Isn't that enough?'

Her wolf looked to her, and the single word that she projected made Delphi's eyes widen in shock,

'No.'

Delphi mouth went agape, "What?"

Her wolf was about to project something else, but Delphi didn't let her, 'No. Please. We are nowhere near strong enough to even defeat another Omega here despite our training. And I feel quite comfortable where we're at right now.'

Her wolf let out a small whimper, but Delphi held firm, 'No. Wyatt says it's okay to want, but that's simple too much.'

She tried to make her wolf understand her logic—a rarity in itself—and before long, her other self let out a huff and yielded to it. Delphi let out a sigh of relief and looked down at the blueberry yogurt, the mess of it dripped to the floor.

~/~/~

Wyatt let out a groan as he rolled over one last time. Try as he might, tired as he was, he could not get back to sleep without Delphi next to him, her spot on the bed growing cold with each passing second. Sure he had managed to doze in and out a few times while she was still upstairs, but now it proved to be impossible. The tension left him as he looked down at the doors upon Delhi opening it. "You get something to eat?" He asked her, making her give a small smile.

"More or less," She replied quietly, almost timidly, as she closed the door quietly behind her. Wyatt saw the change in her body movements and scent; she was both slightly heated and nervous.

He sat up as she neared him, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing much," Delphi replied, her thighs leaned against the bed, not quite getting in, "Just....a little annoyance just now, that's all."

Wyatt raised an eyebrow, but decided not to press further. However...why was she nervous?

"...What else is wrong?"

Delphi bit the inner part of her lip lightly, her hands folding in front of her. She gulped lightly before looking him in the eyes, "...Wyatt, can I have my Omega duties back?"

His eyes widened in a bit surprise before narrowing down again, "Why? You are above such duties."

"But that's all I know," She replied, shifting her gaze a little to the side before back at him, "I can't just train all day. I'm not like that. My wolf and I go crazy without it."

"Then you should learn the duties of an Alpha," Wyatt told her simply.

Delphi's eyes widened and she shrugged in slightly unease, "I don't even know the first thing about being an Alpha, and I'm nowhere near strong enough to do that. I haven't even been a managerial position among humans!" She then leaned in and put her hands on the bed, "Wyatt, please. I need to do something. Please let me serve. Let me have my Omega duties back."

Wyatt stared back into his mate's beautiful, two colored eyes. As he did, he wanted to say something else, but instead let out a slight sigh, "....You may."

A smile spread cross Delphi's face as she bent closer and kissed his lips. In that moment, he pulled her closer and deepened the kiss, causing her to let out a moan.

"Thanks," She said in a whisper as they broke the kiss. Wyatt nodded his head slightly, and slowly blinked as Delphi got up and head for the door once again, "I'm going to go...get my cloths and move them in first." Just like that, she was gone again.

Initially, he was not going to give her back those duties, but she had actually looked him in the eyes and told him what she wanted, something she wouldn't have ever attempted to do of her own accord before, especially not without seriously panicking. That was a good sign on to her becoming a Madam Alpha. But also, that smile on her face, he hadn't seen that before and that made him and his wolf happy that he had made her smile like that.

The renewed silence, he finally gave up trying to go back to sleep, so he got out of his bed and headed for the shower. He had to catch up on his Alpha duties anyway. As well, he wanted to relook over the information he had to find any holes in context that he missed.

~*~*~

Delphi hadn't felt this rejuvenated in days. The wintery dawn greeted her warmly as she opened the door and proceeded to head back to the flat, a subtle bounce in her step. Taking in a breath, she knocked lightly on the door, readying herself for whatever the others would throw at her. However, it was silent. A little confused, she raised her fist to knock again. "Door's open," Tuomas's gruff voice came from the other side. At that, Delphi slowly opened the door, and from the smell of it, the only wolf there was Tuomas; the others must have started on the gym already. The scent of his slight surprise rose off his skin as he she walked through the threshold and into view, but he said nothing to her.

At least not out loud.

As she began to walk past him, she could have sworn she heard him. 'Why the hell is this bitch back?!' She heard him whisper, 'She just can't seem to take a hint that she's not welcomed here....'

Delphi let out a nearly silent, yet clearly aggravated sigh. "Look, you don't have to project it. I'm just here for my clothes. Stop worrying yourself," She told him, and he actually had a slightly confused look on his face, "Also, I get that I'm not welcomed, and I can take a hint, thanks. I can hear you, you know."

Tuomas confused face paled as she spoke those words; the scent of his shock replaced his confusion. Delphi turned to get her belongings, though a puzzled look appeared on her own brow. Had she said something weird? She shook her head of the thought and continued down the hall to Kamilla's room, doing her best to ignore his renewed whispers.

It took her half an hour of going back and forth, but Delphi finally got the last of her clothes back to the suite. Wyatt wasn't there when she first returned; she had smelt his reintroduced scent in his study, so she ended up making room in his closet by herself. It wasn't all the that hard to do as he didn't have as many cloths as it looked like, just that they were spread out—and a guilty pleasure inside of her liked the reorganization.

After she finished the last of it, she finally changed over into a black bra and panties, a long sleeved, form fitting navy blue shirt, and dark grey fleece sweatpants. She looked into the mirror in the closet, looking about herself as she bit her lip, "...One more thing."

She went into the first drawer and pulled out her navy blue beanie, and put it on, tucking all but her bangs inside. With a slight nod, she turned and left to go to the gym. Those that were there—primarily Oliver and Lain—weren't, as expected, too enthusiastic about her helping, but they complied at her saying that Wyatt said it was alright for her to resume her Omega duties. Katalin didn't mind at all, and even Kamilla didn't oppose it; all she did was nod at her and keep scrubbing the equipment.

As Delphi worked on sweeping and mopping the floors, she couldn't help but hear the whispers around the room. 'One, two, three. One, two, three, four, five,' She heard Oliver count, 'One, two, three. One, two, three, four, five.' When she looked up, she could still hear him counting as he was cleaning the weights. With her sight, she could see that as he was counting, the numbers matched how he was cleaning them. As he put one in its place, he would stop before continuing to count again once starting to clean a new one. Was he Obsessive-compulsive? Why as he projecting that to her?

She could also hear Lain as she changed out the work out mats, 'Move these here, then check for dents and cracks in walls, and then make sure the springs and ropes in the equipment don't need to be replaced...'

Delphi's eyebrow rose as she turned to Katalin, 'The hunt began in a blink of an eye. Do I sit cold or join thy lords in never-ending chase? True afterlife? Was it merely a fleeting dream? A hunt of blind nothingness that casts mere illusions to blanket the eye? Dear Deity of sweet Death and Punishment, thy eternal suffering begins now, and is thou blame thy own?' What was she talking about? Was this from something she read? Why was she quoting out loud?

Kamilla's voice words joined in, '...Well, she's seems to have gotten her act together now. Less stressful at least.' Delphi stopped sweeping all together and stood straight up, looking between the four as the whispers continued to mix in silent mess. What the...?

"Is something wrong?" Katalin asked, most likely catching Delphi's scent of confusion. When she looked at Katalin, her eyes were slightly wide. The others' whispers quieted down to a dull in the background.

"Uh..." Delphi tightened her grip a little on the broom and wet the inner corner of her mouth, "Just, uh....w-why were you projecting a quote to me?"

Katalin started almost blankly at her, "...I didn't. Why did you think so?"

"...Never mind," Delphi shook her head started sweeping again, "Please...forget I asked." What the hell was going on? Though said she didn't—and she didn't smell like she was lying—she could still hear her and everyone else. More whispers entered her ears as Tuomas and eventually Jeremy came in to finish before anyone actually needed to use the gym. This encouraged her to quickly finish the jobs she was assigned to.

"Hm? Finished already, Mrs. Delaney?" Jeremy asked in surprise as Delphi gathered the mop, broom, and trash together, her movements shaky, rushed, and full of tension.

"Ah, yeah. Just—" She quickly caught the mop that was sliding from her grip, "—need to throw these out and put these away."

"Uh...alright," Jeremy looked at her with a puzzled face and scent.

"Going to be at the training session at two?" Katalin asked her as she finished her check on the treadmills.

"Y-yeah, sure," Delphi nodded a little too rapidly before turning to put the mop and broom in their proper spots. She knew she looked awkward and suspicious as all hell to them, but she had to get out of there! No one was projecting at her, but she could hear them! How?!

As she finally walked out the gym, she was about to let out a relieved sigh, but instead, she grabbed the side of her head and grunted. She could no longer hear Katalin, Lain, Oliver, Jeremy, Tuomas, or Kamilla, but she heard everyone else who were outside! What was normally quiet sounded like she was stuck in the city all over again, except it was nothing but the voices. She tried to ignore them, but every time she looked at or in the direction of someone, she could hear their whispers all too clearly. Delphi finally got to a large trash bin, her pace quick, but not enough to look like she was trying to run. As she put the lid down, she grabbed a hold onto the side of her head and shut her eyes. The whispers, though not loud, were droning into her head and starting to give her a headache.

'It hurts!'

'What a weak Delta whelp!'

Delphi reopened her eyes in hearing those words among the shroud of murmurs. The whispers seemed to die down as she focused on those voices. 'Probably can take her position when I get older.'

'Ow! My ankle!' Delphi followed the general direction where those young words were coming from behind the flats and onto the grassy field.

"Hey!" Delphi and her wolf let out a growl at what she saw. Three pre-teen pups were surrounding another pup around the same age and beating on her!

"You call yourself a Delaney Delta? You can't even fight!" One of the males tormented.

"B-but it's three against one! That's not fair!" The young female whined.

"So?" The other male said, "Fights are never fair! You're too weak if you can't even take on Thetas like us!"

"Yeah! You wanted us to battle with you to train, and you can't even do that!" The female with the males said, "Your position is going to get taken away one day, you weakling!"

"I said stop!" Delphi yelled just as the female rose her foot.

They looked over at her, and two of them gulped and backed away from the Delta pup, but one actually had the gall to stand his ground, "Or what, Omega?"

Delphi's eyes narrowed as she started to approach them, the other two started to have scents of fear escape whiff into the air, "Did you not hear me, pup? Leave her alone. Now."

When Delphi got closer the other two ran off, leaving him solely by himself. He glanced over his shoulder, and fear finally rolled off him. Looking back at her, Delphi had her hands on her hips, "Get out of here."

His head ducked down a bit before he backed away from her, "...F...fine..." Delphi watched him run away as well. What was wrong with those pups? She had never seen wolf pups act like that outside of Oakens!

Looking down at the young pup, Delphi could see the bruises on her body. Tsking a bit, she bent down to her level, "Are you okay, sweetie?"

The Delta female looked up at her, then back down, "...I'll heal."

"Come on now. Are you really okay?" Delphi asked with genuine concern.

"....My ankle hurts," She said with a little bit more emotion than in the last sentence.

Delphi nodded, and looked down at the ankle. Touching it lightly, the pup hissed out loud. "Ooh...most likely a sprain. Where are your parents at?" Delphi asked her.

"...Inside the manor," She said replied in her low voice.

"Really? Isn't someone supposed to watch you guys?" Delphi looked at her surprised and in a bit of disbelief.

The girl looked up at her with hazel eyes, "That's normal."

Delphi couldn't believe it. Letting pups roam around unwatched was normal? Then again...Delphi hadn't even so much as heard or even see the pups of Delaney laugh or play; they must be enrolled into the militant style early and forced to develop serious attitudes... "...Come on. It's gonna swell in a minute. We better get ice on that," Delphi offered her hand to her.

"I'll be fine!" The pup looked away, refusing to take it.

She started to try to get up on her own, but let out a sharp yelp when she moved her injured foot. Delphi quickly caught her before she fell back onto the grass, and she could feel the pup trembling and she heard a whisper coming from her, 'Delaney wolves don't cry...crying is showing weakness, and I won't show it to Mrs. Delaney.....D-Delaney wolves don't cry...'

Delphi's heart sank as she heard her, the pup's whisper repeated over and over again.

"...Come on," Delphi turned over to put her on her back.

"W-what?" The pup looked up at her reluctantly, "I said I'll be—"

"You don't have to lie to me, okay? If you need help or are in pain, don't be afraid to say it," Delphi interrupted her. As their eyes locked for that brief moment, the pup looked down, and after a moment...nodded. Delphi gave her a comforting smile as she lifted her up onto her back.

"...Can we...not go into the manor...I don't want the other Delta pups to see me like this..." She whispered in Delphi's ear.

"...Alright," Delphi nodded as she started back, "What's your name, by the way?"

"....Tanja...Mrs. Delaney," Tanja replied.

"You can call me Delphi...it kinda makes me feel old when you say Mrs.," Delphi looked over her shoulder at her. Tanja's eyes widen a bit before putting her chin against Delphi's back.

"Delphi..." Tanja tried out her name.

"Uh-hm," Delphi nodded, "How old are you, Tanja?"

"...11...12 in spring," Tanja replied softly.

"Huh. 13 years my junior," Delphi looked up at the sky. Tanja said nothing to her before finally relaxing enough to lay her head on Delphi's back.

"Thank you....Delphi," She whispered to her.

"You're welcome," A small smile played across Delphi's face as she looked back down and headed back toward the flats.

She stopped for a moment as she saw Jeremy staring in their direction. As she came closer, he projected, 'You...you decided to help her?'

'Why not?' Delphi asked him with an eyebrow raised.

He put his hands up defensively, 'I-I didn't mean anything like that. Just, ah...just others don't normally do so.'

Delphi looked at him in disbelief, 'She's a young pup! Why wouldn't they?'

'...Look around, Mrs. Delaney,' Jeremy shrugged sadly, 'This is the pack. Though...Alpha Wyatt is doing far better than how the last Alpha was. From what my parents told me growing up, they said that, uh, training was a requirement for every wolf...even pups that were older enough. I think the age was 9 or 10.'

Delphi let out a gasp of sheer shock and disgust, 'Was...was the last Alpha trying to...to make child soldiers out of them...?!'

'Um...could we go over to the flat?' Jeremy asked, 'It's kind of a controversial...and sensitive topic especially for the older wolves that were alive then.'

'Oh...Okay,' Delphi nodded and accompanied him back to the flat.

There, it was just her, Jeremy, and Tanja.

"Where's everyone else?" Delphi asked aloud before going to the kitchen, grabbing a zip-lock bag, and filling it with ice.

She went over to Tanja, who sat quietly on the couch with her foot propped up on a pillow on the coffee table.

"Here you go, sweetie," She put it lightly against her ankle and foot, causing Tanja to wince slightly, but relax after and gave Delphi a grateful nod.

Jeremy sat across from them, "More than likely checking inventory, or something."

Delphi nodded as she paid attention to the bruise that now formed on Tanja's foot.

'She probably will be fully healed in an hour or two. She'll be fine,' Jeremy projected.

'...I know,' Delphi replied. She could already see the bruises on her face, arms, and body healing and fading.

'Just that, in my birth pack, it would literally take pups all day to heal from the scratches, cuts, bumps, and bruises like this. A sprain like this would take more than just a day,' Delphi added in.

Jeremy was silent as he watched the two.

'....Yes,' Jeremy projected at her.

'Huh?' Delphi looked up at him.

'To answer your question a little while ago, yes. The last Alpha was making child soldiers out of them,' Jeremy replied sadly.

Delphi sat up and looked at him, 'Why?'

'You...you know about the Delaney history right? About how violent, war hungry, blood knights we are—were,' Jeremy corrected himself.

Delphi nodded.

'Well...when the Alpha before the last Alpha placed part of the pack here, we had—in the Alpha's father's eyes—become weak, soft, easy meat for other packs. In Eur...Asia, even the pups knew how to fight, how to take down enemies—or victims—on their own, or at least with a handful of other pups. Here, the pups never learned how to fight, so when the Alpha's father arrived here, he had them toughened up; he made training and fighting a requirement. Otherwise...weak wolves, weaker than Thetas here, would either be expelled out the pack...or killed outright,' Jeremy's ears, had he been in his wolf form, would have drooped.

Delphi knew for sure that her wolf's were. Wyatt's father...sounded like a scarier, more dangerous version of the Stenpryde pack. If anything, that was an understatement.

'...Jeremy?' Delphi got him to look up at her.

He behaved so unlike everyone else, she couldn't keep from asking, '...When...when you were sweeping and mopping the floors in the manor earlier...what were you talking about?'

A deeper sadness filled his eyes and scent and even Tanja sniffed and looked at him, troubled.

"Wanna, uh...talk about...that... in the kitchen?" Jeremy asked, getting up.