Omega Pride Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wyatt said nothing as his eyebrows knitted slightly and a subtle scent of confusion played out from him. He then closed his eyes and Delphi felt as if something inside her mind creaked open from being shut off entirely. When...when had that come into effect?

'Is that better?' Wyatt asked her through their newly reopened link.

'Yeah. Why'd you do that in the first place?' Delphi inquired.

'Hadn't realized I shut it off entirely this morning,' He told her after opening his eyes and flipping through another page, 'What was it that you needed?'

Delphi was about to say what plagued her, but she thought on it. Surely it couldn't have just been him closing their bond. He had even told her that he could still hear and feel her when she tried to shut him out from her side. Was there some other force behind it?

But....

What if Wyatt had their link wide open? Would he have heard what she did? Wouldn't it have driven him crazy as well? With his rage level spiked...that could be a very bad thing if it was him instead of her that snapped. "....It's probably for the best that you didn't hear me," Delphi whispered out loud before starting to walk towards him, "...Though Wyatt, have you ever...heard others thoughts inside your head?"

Wyatt looked at her and shook his head after a moment, "Not unless they projected the thought at me. Is that what you needed me for?" She was that obvious? "It's alright now," Delphi said, giving him a truth, "It's nothing to worry about." Wyatt looked at her almost disbelievingly as she walked over to him.

"What are you working on?" Delphi tried to shift the conversation away.

With one last suspicious glance, he fed into her want, "The μιγάς. It's why I had closed our link."

Delphi felt her heart sink a bit, but she bit back her fear, "W...What have you found out?"

"Barely anything past what I already knew," He showed her what he found, "Other than that I'm still in the dark."

Delphi looked it over carefully from the side of him. Her eye stopped at Wolf hunts. "Wolf hunts? As in Werewolf hunts? These were in the 1300's?" She looked at him. Wyatt nodded. "Why is it that out of everything you found, these are the only things that haven't been found in documented human history?" Delphi asked.

Wyatt's eyes narrowed a bit, "What do you mean? Humans don't even know we exist let alone the μιγάς."

"I know, but..." Delphi then pointed at the entries on the Roman Empire and Alexander before pointing at other witch hunt entries, "Humans at least know about them in our present time. When I was on my own, I went to the local libraries when I had days off. In the history books I read, we were normally associated with witches, and it says the earliest witch hunts where in 1428, almost a century off these hunts."

"So you're saying that because this one lay outside of recorded human history that it might have higher importance?" Wyatt questioned.

"It's been singled out and wasn't written at all, so maybe," Delphi told him, "Do you know if there were any supposed wolf hunts before then?"

Wyatt thought about it, "Not that I know of."

Delphi bit her lip and looked back down at the Wolf Hunt pages. Her eyes widened after a while, "Wait a minute. The Roman Empire was still around during the 1300's right? And then it fell 25 years after the 1428 witch hunts....Do you have any list of packs that were around then?"

Wyatt got up and went over to one of the bookshelves, searched it for a bit before taking out a leather bound, yet well-conditioned book, "Every pack from the 9th century down."

As he handed it to Delphi and back sat down, she started looking through the pages, pacing back and forth around the room. After several minutes she stopped and went back to him quickly and brought the book down in front of him. "Here," She pointed at two wolf packs, "Look at their dates."

Wyatt followed her finger and sat up. Aegel Pack: 428 B.C-1379. Erhard Pack: 932 B.C-1447.

"These packs are decimated during that period. Aegel being in Rome and Erhard in Germany," Wyatt told her.

Delphi nodded.

"Delphi, packs getting entirely destroyed are rare, even with my pack who slaughtered many, there was always something left."

Delphi's look in her eyes switched to that of confusion, "What do you mean?"

"It's one of the reasons why this pack even knew yours was destroyed, it's that rare. And even still then, here you are. But these two packs... Normally when another pack is being taken over, like the Stenpryde Pack, the Alphas are killed, and the new Alphas change the name over, but there are still former Stenpryde members inside the pack, like these packs," He points to two other packs that merged to become one pack, "On a smaller scale, this happens with those who mate with wolves from other packs, and that happens all the time. But with these packs, there wasn't even a lone wolf left that joined another pack."

Delphi took in his words seriously before she looked back down to read the rest there was about the Aegel and Erhard packs, "...Wyatt, unlike my pack, it says here that during the time witch hunts, those that were killed who were wolves were all female; it's as if there were no male wolves as all."

Wyatt opened up another book and flipped through the pages, "That's because there were no males. The reason that the hunts even started was because there were attacks on humans and many humans swore that they saw the females shift to wolves at night."

Wyatt looked over at her, "Delphi, there is only two reasons to why wolves have or ever will attack a human. One is because we are angry at them, but that normally comes from a need for revenge. The other reason, however, is because a wolf goes berserk and has no control over themselves; they are just far too violent to everyone, even their own kind."

Delphi looked down and then looked back at him, "They lost their mates..."

Wyatt nodded at her answer.

"But did that mean that their mates were dead?" Delphi read through more of the book.

"Not necessarily. If their mates are missing or are in a coma for long lengths of time, this can happen as well."

Delphi froze in her spot, "...Someone went missing from my pack about two years before...that man killed them."

She turned and looked at Wyatt, "Her name was Cerise, but she was for one a female, and two, unmated." The room fell to silence, but the flipping of book pages consisted.

When the first book closed, Wyatt spoke up, "Even though there are obvious differences, their packs were very much similar to yours. All three decimated, all three had people missing, and all three have something to do with the μιγάς."

"Wyatt what are μιγάς exactly?" Delphi asked.

"They're an abominable species. I don't know how they came around to be, but they are a strange mix between a wolf and a human," Wyatt responded, putting his hands against his chest.

"Doesn't that just make them wolves then?" Delphi finally closed and put down the book she held.

"No," Wyatt glanced over at her, "Normally when a human and a wolf are together, they are mated and their offspring will always come out to be wolves as well since the wolf gene is dominantly hereditary, meaning that is virtually impossible for the young of a wolf to be human or anything in between. Or so it seemed. Μιγάς are freaks of nature and carry that in-between gene. I have no idea how it is possible other than that maybe, just maybe the human gene was strong enough to match...or the wolf gene was too weak."

The room fell to silence again before Wyatt got up and grabbed Delphi's hands, "I have to ask as this might be relevant to all this. To why some areas of your memory are blank."

She gazed up in his eyes before he continued, "Have you spoken to your wolf and has she told you anything on why you've blacked out?"

"I've spoken to her," Delphi sighed, "But she won't tell me anything. I don't know if she honestly doesn't know or...or if she can't tell me. It's so strange, Wyatt. We're a part of each other, but it is as if there is a horrible dissonance between us, a gaping hole I feel, but I can't see or fill it."

"I see," Wyatt told her as he rose his hand onto her cheek, "Delphi, those packs hold similar traits to your own, but the largest complications is that the evidence for those packs are more than 560 years old and are then likely gone, and we can't just go back to that man's body and scout around. However...there's your pack."

Delphi searched his eyes in slight disbelief and sorrow, "...You're saying...we should go back there?"

"The evidence we might find there is only 14 years old," Wyatt told her, "It can help us find out why that man was trying to kill you, and why he killed your pack." Delphi looked down. Her heart felt like it was being torn from her chest. She didn't want to go back there. It was because she loved them that she didn't want to go back.

Yet...

She knew she needed the truth, as much as she hated it. Taking in a deep breath, Delphi looked up at him again, "Alright. We can go up there."

~*~/~*~

Thanks for reading~! It might be a while before chapter 9 is out, but I should have it done either the during or the week after spring break.