Omega Pride Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey, Québec City was fun," Delphi told her with cheerful light.

"Lots to see and do up there," Wyatt played off of her, "Like visiting a North American France."

Kathy's jaw dropped as she stared back and forth at them. After a moment, she let out a defeated sigh that made Delphi relax in relief a little herself; she didn't want to get any deeper.

"Alright, fine. If you decided to elope so fast and go to Quebec City for a really, really long honeymoon...then I have no choice, but to believe you. But so help me if I find out you're lying to Ms. Katheen Adams, I'll teach you both what for," Kathy got up and adjusted her violet and red plaid shirt, eyeing them with her last rays of suspicion before going behind the counter.

Wyatt let out an airy chuckle as he finally was able to sit across from Delphi into the now vacant, but pre-warmed seat.

'What is it?' Delphi asked as she took the menu from its holding tray.

'Your friend is both sharp and amusing,' Wyatt told her as he picked up the other menu and flipped through it.

'Considering that pieced together lie just we pulled, anyone could see through that had we not matched our stories without hesitation,' Delphi sighed as she kept looking almost absently at the menu, '...I don't like lying to her. I hurt her as it is.'

'But what else could be have done, mate? Tell her the truth?' Wyatt told her softly, 'She's human and there are many around here who would think we're crazy.'

'...or believe us and hurt our kind,' Delphi replied solemnly, 'the people here may be nice, but you never know what anyone is capable of.'

It took about a few minutes before a rather peppy waitress approached them, though it was clear the young woman was rather new to the job; she was trying her absolute hardest despite signs of naivety and clumsiness. Delphi decided to order a good portion from the menu as the run and romp with Wyatt earlier had drained her a bit. However, she didn't order more than that of a hungry human woman her age. Wyatt on the other hand, the poor waitress's jaw was allowing the flies in as he named off several items and duplicates on the menu in a steady stream of words. In fact, this even earned him the stares of nearby patrons; Delphi's widened mouth had to repress chuckles, and a nearby Kathy who looked like she had seen a pink elephant.

"...Um...w-will that be all for you, sir?" The waitress said after turning over the third page.

Wyatt looked the menu one more time before, placing it down, and he and Delphi both could see and smell the relief off of the poor girl, "That should be it, thank you."

"You know, I appreciate the business, but spare my cooks," Kathy announced, making the diner goers let out chortles and snickers of laughter.

Wyatt looked at her interestedly before looking back at Delphi, 'Is there something abnormal about eating so much after sex?'

"You'd be surprised," Delphi murmured with a giggle in her throat, "Most people normally would get one or two plate fulls when famished."

"Since when have I been most?" Wyatt raised a brow quite suggestively.

"Good point," Delphi chuckled a bit before the waitress came back with their drinks: Calypso lemonade for her and a couple of Uerige Doppel beers for him.

As they had to really wait for their food now—well at least Wyatt did—he noticed that in their silence between them, despite her seemingly relaxed disposition, her sunny air seemed to become cloudier by the minute.

"What's going through your head, ma...Delphi?" He corrected himself softly.

Delphi glanced down at her tarty drink, lightly tapping the cool bottle top, but not making a move to open it. "I want her gone, Wyatt," Delphi spoke up loud enough for only him to hear.

Wyatt let out a soft sigh, knowing exactly what she meant. Even though the day had been beautiful so far, he couldn't deny that at least some of the thoughts that lay heavy on Delphi's mind were about the Egyptian wolf. "I understand, but we can't just simply throw her out when there is such a strong and unaccountable enemy around the corner out for your life."

"I almost don't want to give a damn," Delphi sucked in her bottom lip in light aggravation, "I hate her so much and she has done. What she has allowed to happen to me. Why she isn't dead after her centuries of 'protecting' my meme and maman, I don't even know."

"No one is asking you to forgive her Delphi, and from the looks of it, not even her ," Wyatt told her with a serious, gentle tone, "I only intend to let her stay until the danger has passed and trained you enough to where you are strong enough against them."

Delphi gave a weak grin to him, but slowly added, "But at the same time, can we really be sure about that? Keric...he obviously knew her from before even you were born. I saw them arguing about something or another on my way to dinner last night, and the way they were arguing... I hate to think that she might actually be—"

"His mate? I noticed that too," Wyatt sat back in his seat with a sigh.

"That's where complications arise," Delphi seemed to whisper even quieter before shaking her head, "She can't be. Keric's a great wolf and earlier today, I saw them in a dispute, and I caught a glimpse of how much she hurt him. He shouldn't have to be tied down to someone who can so easily hurt those she claims to have cared about."

Wyatt looked at her seriously, "That's hypocritical, mate. Our wolves are still saying that about you to me when we first mated, and you do that to her?"

Delphi bit her lip again, catching herself in his words, "...Yeah, you're right. It doesn't excuse the fact that she has no right to be here now."

"Does it?" Wyatt he took her hand in his across the table, "She's here now because she's trying to save you from the same fate that befell your pack and ancestors."

"I know that," Delphi's bottom lip trembled, "But this all probably could have been avoided if she actually did what she promised The First."

"We don't know how much so," Wyatt told her, "I want to see her gone too; she's making you hurt and I would gladly tear out the throat of those that make you go through this kind of pain, but there is so much at stake. There's no denying that. If there is anything else she can do, it's to give you the truth and anything else that has led to now."

Delphi opened her mouth to speak defensively, but closed it at she thought on his words, glancing down at the table's contents. The bitch has to leave, but Samira's mate or not, Keric raised and taught Wyatt to be a better wolf and alpha than his father could ever hope to be. As well, though Wyatt never really says so himself, he is his closest friend. Keric and Adeline both are. What kind of wolf would Delphi be to separate that bond because of an outside wolf, something that she herself was not too long ago?

Delphi clenched her free hand a bit, not quite ready to cave, "In any case, there's still a sadistic choice if she were to leave."

Wyatt nodded slowly, "Your comfort and happiness or Keric's happiness and loyalty. I could not force him to choose between the pack and his mate. I know I couldn't choose between you or the pack. My wolf and I would choose you—"

"But the pack's still our family," Delphi concluded with a sigh, "And they need you."

"They need us," Wyatt corrected.

"So...I guess the decision falls to us then," She seemed to juggle with a thought and Wyatt could tell what she was going to say as she took in a deep breath, "I'll try to put up with her; for Keric's sake and Keric's sake only. But so help me if she tries to bridge the gap..."

Wyatt let out a soft breath as he watched her lip tremble. "Remember, no one is asking you to forgive her," Wyatt's thumb ran small circles on the backside of her hand, "Look at it this way, Delphi. If you can look at the Delaney and go from seeing us as a pack of war mongering wolves to a pack that you said you would put your life on the line to protect, then you are strong enough to put up with her."

Delphi nodded before she smirked with an almost cynical air, "You almost make is sound like you are on her side."

Wyatt titled his head slightly and with a raised brow, "Now you know that's not true. I am only looking out for you."

To this, Delphi's smile truly reappeared, "Where did all this patience and benevolence come from? I thought you always ran things with an iron fist."

The corners of Wyatt's mouth twitched, "After waiting for you both before and after we mated, you've giving me the kind of patience and ability to try things a little differently." He raised her hand and kissed the back of it, his breath rolled off her skin with the kiss.

Delphi smiled even more and earned a little chuckle from her, "You're really good to me, you know? You've put up with my kicking, screaming, and whirlwind of problems in stride while always comforting and caring for me and my well-being."

Wyatt looked in her eyes softly, care and—dare Delphi admit it finally—love lie deep within them, "It's because I knew that the female who was kicking and screaming was also loving and kind even though she does come with a lot on her plate."

Delphi laughed quietly at his words, "You look like you are catching on to humor more quickly."

"But I am being quite serious, Delphi," He raised his brow to her, "You are hurting now, but you are also much stronger than before. I also see that you don't try to hide anymore."

"Well, I kind of can't because you can sniff me out," Delphi giggled.

"No, not from me. From yourself," Wyatt told her with admiration in his voice, "When you first arrived, you were on edge and scared, constantly trying to run away. The past had made you scared to join a pack and you were content with being an Omega whom others kicked around because of your past. You always kept things bottled up, even from yourself. But throughout these months, you've changed, and though Samira released your wolf, it was before that."

Wyatt held her hand between his, kissing her warm olive skin on the side of her palm leisurely, making Delphi's breath hitch a bit in her throat, "When we arrived in Quebec, it was the first time I saw you, the true you. I was able to see just how beautiful and vibrant you really are. When you smile because you are happy and are so full of life, I both cherish you and want to protect that smile from ever fading."

He couldn't help but sniff her palm lightly, laying her hand against his cheek, and through her palm, he could feel Delphi's heartbeat wildly, a blush crept on her face as it had nowhere else to go. "Even when you're upset, don't ever lose that strength, Delphi. Not just the self-esteem and physical strength you have now, but also the strength to love and have joy, even in times like these."

"Wyatt..." Delphi was at a loss for words, but through her soft eyes and heartfelt expression, her lips trembling in their light smile, it told him everything she couldn't say.

"Alright, turtle doves," Kathy made her way over to them, carrying a relatively light tray hand that belonged to Delphi and a much heavier looking one in the other. The waitress from before followed her with two additional trays, moving quickly as her fingers seemed to dance under the trays from slowly gaining heat. "Here's your double chicken club with extra pickles and side of refried beans and Caesar salad, Hun," She told Delphi sweetly before looking at Wyatt with a sort of disbelief in her tone, "And for you, Mr. Man, dare I read off even your appetizer's list?" Kathy smirked at them as she helped the waitress with the trays to be able to fit onto the table, "Just do me a favor, Wyatt."

"What you would that be?" His sense becoming more and more filled with the delicious fragrance of the food before him.

"Don't waste anything. If you can't eat it all, that's on you, but hell! If you do eat all this, I'll pay you for half the bill!" Kathy sat up with her hands on her hips good humoredly, making the waitress and Delphi let out a full-blown laugh.

"Finishing it all is something I'll do," Wyatt looked at her with an amused expression, "and don't worry. You'll receive every cent when I'm finished."

"Ooh," Kathy chuckled and looked at Delphi as she started walking off, "You caught yourself a cocky one, didn't ya Hun?"

"More determined than anything," Delphi added after, her eyes on Wyatt as her leg reached under the table and stroked against his.

Wyatt let out another airy chuckle and rose as suggestive eyebrow at her before they began to indulge in the meal—the buffet for Wyatt—before them, all the while shooting topics between then both mentally and verbally above the table, and partaking in a very enticing 'game' underneath.

As the night wore on, Kathy, along with the waitress and a few outstanding patrons, glanced over at their table to see if Wyatt could truly eat all of the food he ordered.

He did.

~*~/~*~

After a good and lengthy talk with Kathy, the day's end was starting to set in. The drive home during the star blazing night was serene and beautiful, the sound of the Goo Goo Dolls CD playing as the cool air from windows rolled down greeted their faces in a welcoming way. All of this made Delphi content, and despite her earlier feelings in the dinner, she was extremely grateful and happy she went on this date with him. She glanced over at Wyatt as he drove, his dark brown hair whipped back from the wind as he focused on the road.

This male, her male and mate, was truly a Godsend. Though she was fighting so hard against their mating in the beginning, now that she accepted it, she was able to see the male underneath the Alpha. He had both a feral and serious nature about him that could drive a person crazy with his stubbornness, but he was also very protective and kind to not only her, but those he held dear. He had a quirky way of showing his positive feelings through subtle emotions like he was always trying to hide them, yet he also was very in your face with his more passionate ones. And though he's never said it, his actions alone showed her how much he loved her. And as for her...

"Wyatt? Could we pull over for a moment?" Delphi said suddenly.

Wyatt glimpsed over at her and after a moment nodded, pulling out on the side of a freshly snow covered turnout, "What is it? Did you leave something back at the dinner?"

Delphi shook her head and looked him with a soft smile, "There is something I must admit to you."

She could see Wyatt's ears seem to perk as his gaze became stern, ready to hear what she had to say to him.

She let out a short laugh, making him relax a bit to realize it wasn't that serious, "You know, for a long while, I only thought...I only thought that you cared for me only because we are mated. But, there is no way that a mate who didn't care more than that would hear me complain as much as I have over these last few months and at the dinner, and then take me on a beautiful hike and dance horribly with me the next. It also doesn't help that I've made your life a hell of sorts, just like everyone else's at the den. "

Wyatt stared at her, thinking of what to say.

"...True," Wyatt wouldn't denounce the fact, "Before you came along, things were easier. There was a whole lot less going on and everyone followed orders. But, despite that, you've brought a sense of completion to my life, a sense of peace that I couldn't understand before. As I'm sure you know, but no one at the den really smiles, not even the pups."

"Oh I really wouldn't have guessed that," Delphi said with called-for wit, making his corners tic.

"I love it when you smile, Delphi. When you are happy, I feel that you can make those around you happy, like Tanja, Keric, and even Jeremy. I don't ever want to see you become hardened like everyone else. Like me," Wyatt's hand reached over to hers and his thumb ran over it lightly.

"But you're not that hardened Wyatt. Sure, I think you need to loosen up more, but," She reached up using the very hand he stroked to caress his face. His hand still followed hers, "Your sense of humor sucks, and you are either very feral one moment or deadpan the next, but you are also very honest, and you don't hid from the truth. Sure you always seem like a serious and impassive wolf who solely focuses on being Alpha, but I know that there is no way a wolf who hated learning about history would put so much time and dedication into just collecting books and references from thousands of years ago that are only found in his study."

"...So you've noticed all that?" Wyatt's lips twitched.

"Records of hundreds of packs throughout the millenniums, Scandinavian history, Americas history, a genuine surprise of not knowing certain things that didn't happen around King Alex—heh—my grandfather's time despite the literally few hundred thick and heavy books you have? Which I might add, looks like they were all chronologically ordered? You're a history geek," Delphi smirked, making him let out a breathy laugh.

"And whether you notice it or not," Delphi reached up to run her hands through his hair and scalp, making him growl lightly in his chest, "You have a big heart. One that can forgive those that wronged you, and as you had said with Samira...that's more than me."

"Doesn't stop me from watching to rip someone one limb from limb when they hurt you," Wyatt told her smoothly.

"No, it doesn't," Delphi giggled a bit, "But that's because it's me. I know that you let a male who helped killed your father and indirectly your mother into the pack years ago. Sure, you demoted him to remain an Omega for the rest of his days. But you also allowed him to live despite everyone else wanting to see him dead and have pups. All because an Omega of this pack was his mate, and begged you not to kill him."

At the last part, it dawned on her just what he could be feeling about the whole situation back at the dinner, and it really maybe only her that won't forgive. She shook her head slightly before smiling at Wyatt even more, "You may not be a bubbly wolf, but that shows just how great of a wolf you are. And I am fortunately beyond words that you're my mate."

Wyatt could see her eyes full of honestly and emotion, and inside he could feel his wolf wagging his tail in excitement in what she told him. He could also feel her words penetrate him thoroughly and fill his heart and soul.

"You know, when I was younger, Ninon told me that mating was easy, but falling in love was much harder. They are opposite sides of the same coin for people like us. Back then, I didn't get it and didn't understand or think I could love or be loved like that. But now...now I think I do. Wyatt, you say you don't ever want to see me lose my happiness, but it runs both ways. I don't ever want you to go through any pain again. The pain of losing someone and having someone not want you is terrifying. Your mother and I...we caused that, and I don't want you hurt like that ever again. I also don't ever want you to lose that big heart you try to hide from others, from Keric and Adeline; that you sometimes try to hide from me. Back in the den when I told everyone that I would not let anything happen to them, I also meant you. When that µιyáς at my birth pack's resting ground hurt you, I was scared what it could and would have done to you. When you saved me from the first μιγάς to seeing your pained expression at my past, I don't want you to have to feel that again.

"Even now with my hatred and hurt for Samira and her revelations, you're willing to stay by my side and make choices that one couldn't easily make. That's more than I've ever done for you. Wyatt," She leaned forward with a complete, tender smile her face, "I want you to know. I need you to know...that deep inside my heart, I love you. It took me awhile to see it, but I love you Wyatt Delaney. For everything that you are—"