All Comments on 'On The Fifth Day Of Christmas'

by Mostera1

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Read!!

I really like this story very easy reading. Thanks for sharing.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
Great read!

5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good xmas tale

obvious object lesson, illustrates propensity of women to mature before men, nice read

SpiritogreSpiritogreover 12 years ago
Lovely!

Very good! I don't often give 5, but this one deserved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Absolutely delightful!

5*'s. I'd give it more if I was allowed...

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Excellent Holiday Story.

Catches the spirit of renovation of hope appropriate to the season.

It really places very nicely on different levels of symbolism.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ANGELS COME IN DIFFERENT DISGUISES

strange places and various events, but always for the best. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sappy

Chrismas Crap

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good Story

I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I'll take

I'll take sappy over sicko anytime, good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This aint a loving wife story

1 well deserved star for this shitty story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I Loved It!

You did a fantastic job, the five rings was so cool. It's a shame when lovers grow apart, but you masterfully allowed them to move on and be happy in the true spirit of the season. Great use of the sweet Christmas story Mrs. Miracle. I don't see how anyone could give this less than a 5. I wish I could give it a 10.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

He met his ex. It is a loving wives story.

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyover 12 years ago
I liked the play...

on the five rings, it certainly wasn't what I expected. I also like the ending, very cool and again something I didn't see coming. I would suggest in your future submissions, putting "flashbacks" in italics, but that's just my opinion. I truly think you wrote a nice story, a sweet Christmas entry to the contest and I'm very glad you put it where it needed to go, sadly we all know what that means, but hang in there. ((hugs)) ~ Red

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 12 years ago
Great story

Thank you writer for this story, it is sad that the ex-husband couldn't move on after six years but the ex wife has found someone to help her get over Mike, he was really foolish and he paid the price I hope he finds happiness in the end. As for the comment giving this story 1 star? why? have they no heart or soul? I guess not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
x_JohnCuck_x pretends he likes it! Did a black guy get beaten up? Was a woman left destitute and in misery? No!

it's the pressure of exposure!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
#2 FOR M1

with reference to your blogs statement, God Help You, that isnt necessary as you have the talent to enrich your readers, TK U MLJ LV NV

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 12 years ago
So much hate and anger from you where does it come from?

"x_JohnCuck_x pretends he likes it! Did a black guy get beaten up? Was a woman left destitute and in misery? No! it's the pressure of exposure!"

You really don't say anything about stories do you? and who is this x_Johncuck_x? I don't know anyone of that name, is it you? as for me liking this story? yes I liked the story and gave it 5 stars this writer is a very good writer and his stories are very good to read but I guess you seem to have missed the whole point of this story. How sad for you. Sorry M1 for the comment about me detracting from your story it seems the christmas spirit has not reached certain readers. Please continue writing.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxover 12 years ago
My all time favorite

OMG! I read that book when I was younger. I loved Debbie MacComber's Mrs. Miracle. Thank you for reminding me of an all time favorite Christmas classic. You are the best. Voted 5 stars!

adgeonadgeonover 12 years ago
Good read

I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Excellent!

I loved it! It had good elements that all of us should appreciate. It was a good cautionary tale. Some people don't know a good thing when they have it, and realize too late that it's gone. I guess what we should all take away from the story is that if you have someone to love who loves you back, then you had best hold on to that person as the gift from God that they are. The grass is seldom greener on the other side.

The story was well written, had a good message, and had a good spirit about it that fits in well with the holiday season. Congratulations on a very good effort. I look forward to more of your writing.

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years agoAuthor
My Apologies

To x_JohnDoe_x for the flaming comment from a supposed reader of my story. Your response to that insane diatribe was appropriate.

Readers, if you don't like my story, that's fine. Such is the nature of things. I understood when I posted on LW, since it didn't have cheating or a TTB, but a loving wife, it could get trashed without even being read.

That is your right not to give it a chance, and express that opininion, by votes or comments.

Regardless, personal attacks using my, or anyones story is uncalled for. I let this comment stand because xJDx handled it.

Please, in the future limit the comments to the story.

Thank you in advance,

M1

Percheron69Percheron69over 12 years ago
A very enchanting story.

Alas it was too short. The concept was very good and deserves a much bigger stage. Thank you. Merry Christmas.

LunaEroticaMysticaLunaEroticaMysticaover 12 years ago
Refreshing...

Refreshing to see a true "Loving Wives (or ex)" in this category. You captured the season and the song beautifully. I hope Michael is better to Noelle and really has learned his lesson, because he was a real jerk! Nice storytelling. Good luck! :)

~Luna

MaddieKimMaddieKimover 12 years ago
5 Golden Rings

I’m a little slow on the uptake. I didn’t understand the title until just 5 paragraphs before you so sweetly explained it. Loved the ending. Nicely done.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A very nice story

Both sadness and happiness in this story, everything was very well written and an enjoyable story.

Thanks for the read

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
#2 AFTER A RE-READ

a man who has a lot and thinks what is missing it good or better finds out what missing can mean yet wishes for naught until. TK U MLJ LV NV my sign off=salutations....my initials....where i live.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very touching story

Such a sweet story, good plot. Loved how you parlayed the five golden rings and mixed them into the story.Good job!

mokkelkemokkelkeabout 12 years ago

that cheeky old lady topped it off and gave it a superb ending for mike!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Delightful

Such a wonderful play on the song. Five Golden Rings! How clever that was. I am glad I found this story. Good job.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
IF ONE BELIEVES

many THINGS can happen with no explanation. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Such a lovely story!

How romantic, and sweet. They both get there Miracle.

A true Christmas story!

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
LET NO MAN TEAR ASUNDER

for whatever happened. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice

A story of Christmas love and forgiveness. We need more like this. Good job, 5 stars

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
I liked it

It read...differently. Very stylistic. The guy was a dope, but seems to have learned his lesson. Now that he has closed one door, another opens....

and there is renewed hope at Christmastime.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it, but ...

Very strange in how he approaches her in the mall and can't seem to put two and two together. Even the thickest lunk in the world would have been able to deduce that she was with the guy.

oldmasteroldmasteralmost 10 years ago
Great story

I don't normally award 5 stars for stories that are light on the erotic, but this is auperb tale well told. Nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
He was lost....

Then he was found. Nice way to end the story.....One door closes, and a window opens...

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHO CAN EVER DOUBT

the miracles of Christmas, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sorry..can't rate it higher than a 2.

Really seemed too convoluted to me. Miracle? I think not.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Double Standard

"Why not Lee? You've had a lot more experience with other partners, how come I can't?" his voice rising in timber.

"Mike, honey, sweetheart; when we got married, we took vows. To do what you suggest would break them. I love you, but I won't do that." Lee said, getting very upset.

Isn’t this the same excuse so many of he “Loving Wives” here use to try to justify their cheating?

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
A good Xmas story...

This is a good Xmas story...The only thing I don't agree is with his thinking: "Mike lamented over his loss"...He didn't lost anything, he throw it away...4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well done story, but I didn't care for the ending.

Mike was a jerk and didn't deserve to be with Leanne, let alone Noelle. A self centered jackass that would make a good lifelong bachelor. Who would want to be stuck with him? UGH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Loving wives category for an xmas comp ?

there's brave & then there is foolhardy and then there is just plain idiocy.

LW readers are impossible to please , too many types of reader all looking for something different from each other. An impossible crowd to please.

......

fantastic premiss/premise for the story ..using the book mrs miracle

.

however i don't see a way of engineering a divorce that would please or happily meet the preconceptions of the reader (at least not in LW category) ,and allow for a happy ending for the male protagonist..

.......

the best solution i could think of was of a couple living together but not married & then drifting apart for some reason ( working in different cities/countries , desire to save up a nest egg before marriage & starting a family or the lack of interest in getting married at all ) As soon as you make the male protagonist into an immature selfish asshole who wants sex outside his marriage .. then in LW you have created a character who is irredeemable to many readers & will be scored low , regardless of the quality of your writing..

....

xxxhugsxxx

TwistedOliver.

...

voted 5 stars because i liked the mrs miracle book element & the quality of the writing was so high.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You need an editor

Good idea , but you need a good editor help you polish your writing and your storyline. This one looks more like a rough sketch than a story. You tried to make care for the characters, but your hero was still a moron. The last part felt rushed. It would be a good start for a longer story with some work, but as it is it didn't make it for me. Sorry

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
Decent

Turns out an asshole can become decent, with a little miracle. sad and happy at the same time.

R.I.P.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good writer

Good little Christmas story. A little early this.year, but I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Second Story I've Read

Thanks to Laptopreader's intro to "Make Him Cry Uncle" and I'm glad I stopped by. Yeah, he turned into an ass when he was married, yeah, he deserved to be divorced, yeah, she deserved someone better and found him, yeah it was a 180 degree turn from most LW stories. But Christmas is almost here again, so what's the problem with a little forgiveness and one tiny little miracle? RIP Mostera1. Signed: BTW

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Haha, what a dumbass. Trust he'll be less self-destructive with his next relationship.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

There was really nothing very good about this story.

I tried to like it but he was so over the top it ruined it completely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Michael finally realized what he threw away. Lee told him time and again, those beautiful kids, could, and should have, been his. He was very lucky to get a second chance, hope he doesn't ruin it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A terrible story from beginning to end. Would have been better with a Christmas Miracle Reconciliation/Second Chance instead of whatever that was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What I especially like about your story is your theme that actions have consequences but, that also, often life gives us a second chance. Not so many stories combine both ideas. Well done.

Marklynda2Marklynda2about 1 year ago

I usually bypass Loving Wife stories as most tend to be about cheating wives but yours definitely and thankfully did not follow that path. A very well thought out and written story. I definitely look forward to reading more of your work. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Although a Grinch at heart, I loved this Christmas miracle. What's wrong with me??

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous