All Comments on 'On Thin Ice Ch. 03'

by MugsyB

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
As usual.....

Bravo!! A bit of a tear-jerker with the best friends angle. As always, a great story! Loved it!

bulltlrbulltlrover 13 years ago
Perfect.....

in every way..... Beautifully written love story!

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 13 years ago
Good story but...

I liked your plot and characters. The depth of their love was amazing and well written HOWEVER you almost lost me as a reader because of how Damn Stupid you made them act. A little obtuseness in a relationship such as this is fine but these two characters went way beyond that. If you were trying to generate anger at your characters in your readers you succeeded, otherwise, all you did was alienate some of us. In any event, keep on writing. Sign me--SW MO Hermit

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
great

and yes. there are people who are that dense, i know a few, and between the bunch are bad marriages( to people they should have never married) and shit loads of drama, most where "best friends" or i few cases, they where or the wrong social/ethnic/religious , you get the picture, so they did not acy on what they had, and years where wasted, so zane and meg are like people i know ( and why i am single, who needs the heartburn :) )

StarMAPStarMAPover 13 years ago
Meg turned me off. . Big time

I found myself skimming through this whole story instead of actually reading it because of the way she was acting. I love your stories, you are one of my favourite writers but damn! Too much non-communication. I don't know, maybe that really is how things happen in real life but its still a turn off. The ending didn't justify all of that drama. (this is my first EVER non positive comment on a story)

PennLadyPennLadyover 13 years ago
Yay :)

Well, they may have had their moments, but it's all about the happy ending. And in my experience, there is no limit on the stupid things people will do and say. So they may have messed it up, but they got it back on track, and that's what's important. Good job, Mugsy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
*****

I loved it...well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another great story!

You managed to do it again, to craft another wonderful story with interesting charecters that we all can relate to. I just love a writer who can mix in real charecters, a plot and a little sex. Please do not keep your many fans waitinf for more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
brilliant as always!

great job mugsyb! can't wait to read your next ice masterpiece. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why would someone be interested

in another person who wouldn't communicate for days and weeks on end? And how would the other not ask for that communication?

A well written story, as always. But I found myself not caring about these people as much as in others you have written about. Love is communicating ... sharing. And it is what I find most interesting in stories...how the people communicate. Strangely not how they make love but how they love.

kathryn08kathryn08over 13 years ago
What's with the comments?

I am really surprised with all the negative comments. I thought this story brought a huge dose of realism, but maybe that's not what some people are looking for in their romance fiction.

I really, really loved this story because I felt like the emotions were so clear within each character. I've not been in their situation, but I could definitely understand what they were feeling. People don't have perfect communication in real life, and so I think this story was realistic.

Maybe there will be a sequel for these two so we can see how their story progresses now that they've professed their love for each other? :)

Thanks for another wonderful story.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 13 years ago
This was great

but I totally don't get why she's moving out. They love each other and want to spend their lives together but they need to have some distance so they can be together? Staying apart to be together doesn't make sense to me. How long would they live in separate houses anyway? A month, two? As soon as they get more serious they'll want to move back in together. That would be a waste of time and money. That just seemed weird to me. The rest of the story was great!

canndcanndover 13 years ago

The last person to comment was upset she was moving out. The last line says 'no she wasn't going anywhere.'

I didn't read the first 2 chapters yet. I saw the 3rd under new chapters and decided to take a look. I will have to go back. I thought it was a good story. First, I love hockey and am a Devils fan so that helped. It was a sweet story and had a great ending. I thought it was pretty realistic in the way a person might fight and be afraid of feelings for a best friend like that. The way that everyone around them saw it except for them. I'll have to read the rest.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 13 years ago
Thanks cannd

and mugsy for clearing that up. I interpreted the last line as not going anywhere emotionally, not physically. I'm much happier with the ending when she stays :)

mokkelkemokkelkeover 13 years ago

i liked the story, just as i liked everything else you've written. but i have to agree with some of the other comments. after she realized they really did love him and came back home , i felt that they "kissed and make up" too fast, it was a bit like sorry sorry and all was fine.

i would have loved to see a bit more drama/conflict in that moment.

i know it's a story and we make of it what we want. but this is the first little slip up i've seen you make. BUT still i loved the story.(a little epilogue could still work out the kinks that were left behind due to the lack of communication ;-) )

folkenbevfolkenbevover 13 years ago
Wonderful!!

I really loved this story. I was actually worried you'd drag it out too long after the last cliff hanger and the "Friends w/Benefits" idea! You didn't, and I honestly think it's more realistic with them getting over their misunderstandings quickly. I mean if they live together, they couldn't avoid each other for that long. Not to mention, when they both thought about it, it's pretty obvious that they both love each other.

KyRainKyRainover 13 years ago
Communication issues?

I deeply enjoyed this story and can completly releate. Not all women are confident and sure that all men want them. It was great to see something different in the plot line. One of the things i like about this story is i'm not completly sure these two are going to make it happy ever after with out more ups and downs and i agree i would love to see another story with these two.

I understand it may be frustrating to watch two people who clearly love each other be so obtose to that fact however we as the reader are the third party and know all the facts Meg and Zane don't have the "script" in front of them. What was not lost on me was the fact that as much as they didn't comunicate with each other their true feelings every love sceen that they shared very little words were spoken durring that time they didn't need words to comunicate as best friends they were able to "speak" to each other in other ways and were in sync with each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great work!

I enjoyed reading this ice as well as the rest. I can't wait for the next one! Also, I think you have made a hockey fan out of me.

medic452medic452about 13 years ago
good story

This was a good story. It showed how open communication is important in any relationship. For those of you that think two people living together and don't talk everyday is just a big lie or hurts the relationship, my wife and I do it every week. I work days and she works nites and between work and getting our boys from school and daycare we are lucky if we see each other for more than an hour on the days she works which makes communication even harder.

Doctor_MarjieDoctor_Marjiealmost 13 years ago
WOW

Ive been working my way through your stories. and I must say that this is my favorite. Ive never watched hockey that much, but this, coupled with my team winning the Stanley Cup, has made me into a fan.

F_WhateverF_Whateverover 12 years ago
I'm getting addicted to Ice and Hockey

I'm getting addicted to Ice and Hockey, and you're the only one to blame, Mugsy!

This is really something and the end is great. Congratulations!

romantic_surrealityromantic_surrealityalmost 12 years ago
Next

15) A Pair of Ice Skates (Grace and Jamie)

http://www.literotica.com/s/a-pair-of-ice-skates

twoebtwoebover 7 years ago
Hmmm

Love your stories but feels like this could have gone a bit longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WAUW !

Thanks for sharing ;-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMugsyB@MugsyB
2728 Followers
March 2021- Update: I'm not sure when or why, but the first chapter of my three-part story, "Bring on the Wonder" has disappeared. I think the powers that be removed it by accident when I requested a different story be removed. As of right now, I don't know where my original ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES