All Comments on 'On Writing Erotica (Rev 1)'

by 2Write2Live

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 6 years ago
Vast generalizations - statements of "fact"

There's much that I appreciate about this that I appreciate and find refreshing to hear you write about. Which makes the generalizations frustrating. I'm curious about the source for this: "The Subtleties of Evolution: Some persons will have more whatevers than others. Some will be smarter, stronger, faster, taller, thinner." My understanding (admittedly incomplete) is that you've described individual variation rather than the results of evolution. I'm curious about your thoughts and knowledge about this. I'm uncomfortable with your statement that you "feel that there is something wrong in our culture that would drive someone to feel that they must undergo such radical surgery." I'm appreciative of the intent, but I'd suggest you talk to some trans folks about that. Many would tell you that is NOT a tragedy. That their body is wrong for them. You're suggesting that a woman with a penis should want to keep her penis. Again, I'd urge you to talk with trans folks before you make up your mind about how their bodies should be.

2Write2Live2Write2Liveover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: evolution and gender reassignment surgery

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate them and your interest in writing them.

Re: evolution. My statements are drawn from my own observations and logical reasoning. It all begins at conception with chromosomes. We are what we are. We become who we are because of our formative years and the influences we encounter during those years and later. As an adult I've attended school with inherent "A" students. I came to find that they input and process data differently than I do. Other students have to study hard to get As. The inherent "A" student doesn't. It comes naturally. We can all throw a ball. How many of us can throw a ball at 90mph through a window frame 60' away consistently? It is more than just practice, practice, practice.

Re: Reassignment surgery. In our society today, I can only imagine what a person who identifies with a gender different than their sex, feels about their social place. Society can be very cruel. As we evolve, I expect to see the relationship between one's sex and one's gender become more fuzzy. A person's sex can be one of four things: girl, boy, both or neither. A person's gender lies somewhere between two end points, one labelled male the other female. It is a continuum between the points.

I'll be pleased to pursue this with you directly. Contact me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user2Write2Live@2Write2Live
I've come to realize that writing is great for the mind. It keeps one young. I enjoy reading erotica. Thus, a great genre in which to begin. All of us are different. As a writer my objective is to get you involved in the story. Not too much detail, just enough to get your mind...