All Comments on 'One For the Road Ch. 02'

by Vanadorn

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow. Fuck me but wow!!!!

Your story is heartbreakingly awesome! This could be a novel, instead, you are letting us read it for free. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Is this the end?

It stopped rather abruptly with no "To be continued". If this is the end, then you should indicate that, and the same goes if it is to be continued. An "A" for effort, but a "C" for completion.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Great Continuation!

His gradual fall was almost painful to read!

Even as we could see where it was heading, we kept hoping he'd pull out of it.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 10 years ago
Old

I used to read this stuff as a boy in the 1950s. Then I grew up.

SpacemansaysSpacemansaysalmost 10 years ago
wow

Painful as usual. Still a bit wordy but not as much as last chapter so yay. Though I will say I don't think my soul can take 2+ more chapters of this. Went from a 4 to a 5 and again ignore some of the naysayers. They don't like male bad guys unless its a btn story.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 10 years ago
I dont understand the score of this story.

This is such a good story. It's painful but so true. I hope you don't let the relatively low score discourage you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
not my cup of tea...

....but you sure can write. Thanks!

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
A real life story...

I'm liking it....Keep wrinting about James....Can he win the fight against drinking?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Why the hell is this in LW?

Why the hell is this even on this site? NOBODY wants to read this crap on a porn site. This isn't AA. I can't believe I wasted my time to even SKIM this garbage. NEVER POST AGAIN!

clue12lessclue12lessalmost 10 years ago
Alpha Male drunks are the worst

Painful story to read, but you are doing it well. Since this is a LW

story, I fear it is going to get much worse before it gets better, if it gets better.

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Good story

Maybe not LW, but a good read all the same.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Well written

But I am not sure I like this. And from your initial comments, I have at least three more chapters of him freefalling into hell before we have a glimmer of a turn around.

Still...the tension was good. When I saw this story, I was VERY afraid to start to read it. It didn't hammer me as bad as I thought it would until the end.

I like nuanced stories. But I don't like stories of Destruction. I couldn't stand Brazil and I am having trouble with this...so far.

Let's see what is coming up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I can't go on!!

I lived this life as a young boy and man and it is more than I wish to read about and relive again. As the other comment said this is NO column to air this kind of effort and as you said it is going on another 3 or 4 postings as such. I only read the first few paragraphs and skimmed to the end.

I will not read this author anymore. Thanks for dragging up horror memories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very well written

The descent of a substance abuser is never pretty, nor anything most folks really want to read about. Good luck wrapping this up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yuck

Won't read further.

SKHPSKHPalmost 10 years ago
Heartbreaking and disturbing, scilfully written

But why is this in LW? Maybe we will find out. And maybe that is why this story so far did not get the best scores. BTW: 4* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
plese stop writting, PLEASE STOP WRITING

your in that fucked up group of man hating bitches like Vicky Tern and the rest of the round heel sluts that become man hating fags.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
That is uncalled for

Noting that SOME men are less than perfect does not mean that ALL men are saints.

The saying is: no man is a hero to his butler...and probably few men are a hero to their wives. They see us when we are not our best. That Vanadorn and VickieTern note this shows they have a broader view of life.

Instead say: I do not like this type of story. I say it all the time about MM's stories. It doesn't make it bad, or poorly written. It is just disagreeable TO YOU.

Oh...and me. But I am open to persuasion. I'll give it another chapter.

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
****

Isn't it the truth though! Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
face it

Very well written, and REAL. Like your last story, you have touched nerves in everyone. There are haters out here, sure, but it's just because they see themself in ''James''. I'm not gonna even try to guess where it all is going, just gonna tag along and enjoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Well written, life event.

However, I am wondering what it is doing here and, where this is heading in the "Loving Wife" aspect of this category?

Having seen this happen to several families in real life I am wondering which direction it is going to take for the parties involved. Will James wake up before it's too late (of it's not already) and, get the help he REALLY needs? Before he looses it all.

Otherwise, great job so far; telling a very raw life event.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
Pretty true to life

It captures both a slice of society well,and it captures the addict in denial,where the booze or drugs go from being something they enjoy to something they need.Maybe this is in LW because the guy has a loving wife who lives him enough to try and save him and their marriage.The guzzle a six pack crowd might hate this,but it is well written and poignant.

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago

Once again you are writing a compelling story that not everyone will want to read. But you are doing an excellent job. Your ability to describe characters and emotions makes us able to see and feel (heart aches for Myra and the Js) events as they are unfolding, making us care what happens to these people. Keep writing what you know. You have an unbelievable amount of talent.

To all the people who feel compelled to leave negative comments: Yes, this is an erotic story site. No, this story is not about 'fuck your neighbors wife-blowjob in the bar bathroom-spy on the teenage girl showering' or any derivative of hot monkey sex that pushes your personal button. However, there is a little something called the back arrow. If you start reading a story that you don't like, feel free to use it. You are not required to leave a nasty comment to let everyone know you didn't like it. Simply don't read the story and find one that gives you a hardon or makes you wet. The rest of us will read and let the author know hes doing a good job.

muirmadramuirmadraalmost 10 years ago
On the money ...

As a retired cop, you have realistically hit the nail with your characters and plot development. Most alcoholics can never recover but there are a few that finally recognize THEY are the problem and that they HAVE a problem with alcohol. That is the first step! Thanks for this exceptional story.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 10 years ago
Wine and Roses Continued

I see Jack Lemon in this protagonist, with a little squinting. I can only hope you reward your readers for their loyal but painful reading with an upbeat ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great job a true to life story!

Wow another achololic in denial , does he recover or does his world collapse .well see. He will lose his family and without a income ,living pay check to paycheck her world will also collapse with no funds to pay the bills. So far a sad american tale

VanadornVanadornalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Thanks again to everyone for your time, votes, and comments. I appreciate it very much. Chapter 3 is complete and I'll be uploading it tonight, which means roughly Friday it should be live. I am waist deep on Chapter 4 and going along.

Once more, thanks again.

-V

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
ONE=

The Loneliest-The Longest-The Hardest, TK U MLJ LV NV

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Please hit bottom

Okay, we're still sliding down the hill, and it looks bad. I'm a sucker for a happy ending, so I hope this guy is one of the sadly few in the minority that can get on the wagon. I don't see future employment for him, and without paying the bills it is going to be a tough haul. What makes it tough for him is that he's starting already at the bottom rung with no job skills and a family to feed. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who bitch about how tough life is for them, and they themselves lacked the foresight and patience to make it better. Yep, this guy is a sad douchebag. I feel sorry for his wife and all the wives out in the world stuck in the same situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
4*s

Your writing skills earn the 4*s. But I don't like the story!

Too much reality. It makes me sad. Reminds me of the wreckage left in my family by an alcoholic!!

AMerryMan

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoying it

Not enough hope to truly get me hooked. Very well written and conceived. Five stars.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 9 years ago
Jimmy Jim James

Deserved more than he got. He's imploding and has no idea. Seen it happen, got no respect for him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
assult

Put him in jail. Divorce and take everything. When he gets out he will be homeless, pennyless, jobless and no wife or kids. Now just a useless drunk luving on the streets. Everyone wants nothing to do with him. He finally has the lifestyle he was work8ng for. Alone and living in a homeless camp he gets stabbed. No one notices for weeks until the smell. Unknown his ashes are throw in the trash a few months later after no one claims him. Life go on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ignorant pig

They should throw the key away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Alchy Hubbies

When was this category added?

Very irritating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
THE STORY IS A DEPRESSING DEPICTION OF LIFE BUT, JESUS H. CHRIST......

Didn't you attend high school??

You wrote: (((until I could feel her clit between my own lips.))) my OWN lips??? ... As opposed to who ELSE'S lips? I hate stupid statements like that one and we see too Goddamned many of them on this site. THINK, you so-called writers... THINK when you’re writing. Pretend that you’re hearing someone talking and saying what you write. Does it make sense or does it sound like an idiot said it? THAT is part of how you’ll improve your writing skills and stop coming across like an uneducated moron.

Here you go again: (((she grabbed my head with her OWN hand))) Are you sure she didn’t use a neighbor’s hand or possibly the left hand of God? Stuuuuuupid ... not to mention fucking annoying. Do you have the slightest clue how much shit like that distracts a reader's attention from a story? .... from YOUR stories???

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Alcoholics

...Van CAPTURES WHAT THEY DO TO OTHERS AND THEMSELVES VERY ACCURATELY. They are destructive, out-of-control, and useless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not saying it’s poorly written. It isn’t.

But I’m bailing.

I personally want to kill this guy. Best to get out now while I’m behind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
"Damn, I need this today,"

That pretty well sums up where he is and where he's headed. Always someone else's fault, again; deny, deny, deny. Perfectly written about a man swirling around the drain. Signed: BTW

JasmijnJasmijn4 months ago

So well written, thanks for sharing you’re talent with us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous