All Comments on 'One in Ten Ch. 02'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I LIKE IT ..

THIS STORY HAS HART AND GET YOU THINKING VERY VERY GOOD LOVE IT PLEASE CONTINUE I GIVE YOU FIVE STARS EASY.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Keep it up!

Loving this story so far. I was eagerly awaiting the second chapter, and I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great story

way to go.

the way you turn gender around is beautiful, very educational for the male gender about how it feels to be a woman.

great job, waiting for the next chapter eagerly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
yet again...

NEXT!

you cant write the CH's fast enough, Novel worthy even!

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 10 years ago
Even better!

I liked this chapter even more than the first. We got to see a slightly less dysfunctional world. Still plety messed up but at least someo f the women are not immoral monsters.

I still think the system does not reflect the real power that men would have in this environment. Would the campus police really write off an assult when all the guy has to do is offer the head of security 'free access' for a month or two to get some real attention? The comment someone made about women in the frontier being generally well protected seems about right. Their favor was too valuable to risk losing. IF you can completely isolate them, you can completely subjegate them But otherwise, there is always someone more powerful to play up to or who is willing to act to gain favor when you have something of limited supply to offer. For example, if word of what happened at the sorority got out, what man would ever risk seeing any member? All the sisters would be avoided like the plague. Unless they really liked to be abused that is. In reality, the near equal numbers of men and women might mitigate that if some frat became known for raping women. There might be some women willing to risk this if all other men were taken by more cautious females. But you have no such supply constraint here.

Given the situation described, I would have expected Men to become either highly respected and much sought after commodities( Sounds like the New Zealand situation that was mentioned) or little more than breeding stock. But since good sex( as opposed to simply breeding) does require some intelligence on the part of both(all?) participants, the breeding option is less appealing in some respects. Of course, we don't know what is happening to the missing men. Perhaps that will shed some more light on the social situation.

Looking forward to more.

theanalisttheanalistabout 10 years ago

waiting to see him enter a relationship.......or two..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The plot has holes big enough to sail an aircraft carrier through.

If the scarce men are in danger, the government would assign 24/7 bodyguards to each of them. There are millions of excess females, so putting them to work that way would be no problem.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 10 years agoAuthor
Ah, no...

For starters, bodyguards working twenty-four/seven would equate to five trained women per man. There are roughly a million men in the endangered group. That's five million women. There are less then 100 million women in North America. The current US military, the largest on the planet, isn't 1% of the current US population (300+ million). Asking the economy to survive losing 10% (some women are too old or too young) to a non-productive operation is financial suicide plus you have a NA military and existent security services to support. There are still foreign threats and normal crime to deal with.

If the economy collapses, saving the men will be pointless. Admittedly, losing all the men is extinction so it is a lose-lose.

Finally, the security apparatus is working on the problem - not effectively, but they are working on it. For starters, they did put Israel right across the hall from Angel, a cop. This wasn't an accident. Unfortunately, in Chapter 4, you learn that they lose three more guys in one night - two from a high security tower (apartment building) and the third right under the nose of the police monitoring him. They are guarding the men and they are still losing them.

Lastly, think about who could be responsible for the vanishings. They have to have an in depth understand of security procedures and how the bracelets work. Only women can train for either the military or police. It is a good bet that no man has a hand in the design or production of the bracelets. Yes, the police and government are worried that men may be behind this, but they are far, far more worried about women being behind the operation - women trained just like they are. If that is the case, exactly who do they trust to guard the men?

gnome_mangnome_manabout 10 years ago
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Who watches the Watchmen?

Hi There,

Terrific dialogue, excellent story. So much tension and fear in one poor man. Scary.

Great job.

RNewtonRNewtonabout 10 years ago
Great Story

:/ keep them coming your stories horrible/scarry but awesome. Feel there is some sort of understory from your personal life and saw you have many other stories with similar topics. Life sucks sometimes, but you seem to be coping well :D true or not you still write very well and clearly have a great mind. Hopefully the world can continue to become a better place without taking any major steps backwards.

+1 favorite 5 star :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A very believable world.

I am a huge fan of harem stories. One man and several women have always appealed to me. Now I wonder if I should rethink that.

A great story that entertains and makes you think. 5 stars.

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeabout 10 years ago
I really love the story and the thought behind it

I would love it more if you and your editor worked a bit more on the grammar - - - the errors keep tossing me out of the story. I edit for a writer, and between us we knock those distractions from the tale out of the text.

Regardless, a 5 for the story, the characterization, and an interesting society.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I gotta say...

This is a pretty intriguing story, and I very much enjoy the way you write. I've read most of your submissions, and, while many of them have a lot of feeling in them, especially the characters, this one is just so much more...damn. I can't think of the words to describe it, but it's a good thing.

Can't wait to read mor- huh. Awesome. there's another chapter just waiting to be read.

Groovy.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
inheritance

The problem with harems/purdah is one of inheritance. All the male siblings have some measure of right to inherit from their father. And must respect the rights of their brothers by different mothers... so long as Father lives.

But, when Big Daddy kicks his final hookah, it's everyman for himself and the devil take the hindmost. One of the methods of insuring Ottoman imperial stability, was whoever could bribe the Janissaries to support him, first unofficial act was to have all his brother's and their male children killed.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Well Wrought Tale

The situation is fascinating and the dialogue delicious.

SmutolSmutolabout 10 years ago
Painfuly good

1 How did u get to know all that stuff about what is going on in abused persons head? U are a man and as such there is very low probability that u are one of the victims. Of all aspects of beying one the only 1 important factor is missing and that is guilt

2 I just love the sadness that shines from this story. U got me 100% hooked. Plz dont rush it. So far 5/5, 10/10 and so on

GurkieGurkieover 9 years ago
Horrifying

I don't know if I can continue reading this series. You write far too well and every time I stop and consider that this has happened, is happening, and will happen to many females and a very few males in the real world, I am overwhelmed with the horror of it. I applaud your mastery in storytelling, which is now forcing me to look for some comedy before I kill myself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

*wretched

joaodasdesgracasjoaodasdesgracasabout 9 years ago
Better

Better, not the in your face thing, but introducing likeable characters or making them. But Israel is an amazing protagonist, he is deep, fucked up and interesting. The last rant was too much though, we know his problems now, no need to keep reminding us. Cheers.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
nice continuation

of a thought provoking series.

well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Am i the only one who realized the level of stupidity the mc is demonstrating by stating that is was likely he wasnt going to have sex with any women any time soon? or the fact that the author for some reason thinks that its perfectly natural for traumatized people to unvail their entire backstory and trauma to a group of strangers like a case of bad verbal diarrhea? I mean cmon he was litterally taunting these women with explicit details about his ex while he did it.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Seriously

This guy really needs help, jeez.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not hot

preachy, repetitive, boner shrinker. This is supposed to be literotica not litBiblestudies. Bitching and moaning... and not the good type either... this story is like a sexless marriage... good concept, boring complaining unlikable execution. MC using mouth more than brain, 0 chill, 0 tact, 0 appeal. would make a great Lifetime movie though...

Brandon11Brandon11over 3 years ago
Damn

Well that is not what I was expecting but I am intrigued enough to see where this series takes me.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Let’s see what happens next

5/5

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreader7 days ago

this author doesn't get that rights are afforded because of the weight of responsibility that gives them value. this main character is too emotionally reactive to recognize his own personal responsibility, which makes him a hypocrite in advocating others take personal responsibility for his sake. sure he is hurt, and hurt people hurt people, which alienates his capacity to forge allies, he is his own worse enemy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5303 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

One in Ten Previous Part
One in Ten Series Info