All Comments on 'Onus 03'

by Cruel2BKind

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
avidreadravidreadrover 10 years ago

Congrats on nursing school. We need nurses. As to the time factor, you can only do so much. As to the story, it made me cry. So sad and so hopeful at the same time. I look forward to more.

RahtidRahtidover 10 years ago

love you writing....will wait on the next chapter/story when you have time...no rush....your loyal fans will be here....

canndcanndover 10 years ago
Great chapter

Yes, you can be very dark and some stuff can be exceedingly disturbing, but the reader usually knows that things will improve at some point. That is why I don't mind the dark parts. Afterall, you can appreciate a happy ending all the more when the character was so miserable earlier on. I'm glad that our poor Onus is in a good place for now. Sam is so sweet. I look forward to them getting to know each other better. I'd love to know Sam's background.

Sam clearly has had something horrible happen to him, but was it anything to do w/abuse or just an accident? How did he find out about the sale of this Onus? What made him buy him? Was it empathy and a desire to save him or was it b/c he was so lonely or a combo of both? I'd also like to know more about the Onus, even though you've given us info about his past and his creation (very interesting stuff--esp their creation).

I wanted to thank you for expanding my vocabulary since you had me stumped on dystopia. lol I think I am fairly intelligent, but I honestly hadn't heard that word and though I could guess it was a type of society (as in Eutopia) I did have to look it up.

CONGRATS on the nursing program! Take your time to do the story right and don't feel badly that it takes time. School is slightly more important. I do appreciate that you do finish it eventually. I have too many stories with no endings saved in my favs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Love this chapter. I was so ready to see the onus find someone to treat him right.

nanobotnanobotover 10 years ago
Thank you

Your tender observations and simple language are the beauty in truth. It is hard to write from the first person, especially one that has been victimized, without seeming maudlin or masochistic but you have done so with brilliance. As a former victim of child abuse I know that there is a longing for comfort from anyone, including the abuser and kind people are often given the mistrust that belongs to another. I found your portrayal and the doctor's treatment accurate. This is a panacea for anyone who has ever lived through such darkness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I really like your stories!

I'm not sure why people are upset about the dark bits. I mean, you do warn us in the beginning and your stories are always tastefully done anyways so what's the big deal? I think this story is great and I can't wait for the next installment!

And good for you taking less credits. I would totally do that if it was feasible.

~rebel~

Pollyrose321Pollyrose321over 10 years ago
Just beautiful

I always love the way you incorporate the good, the bad, and the ugly. This story does have me hurrying through at certain points because I empathise with him but then it's so beautifully written how could you not?!

It does annoy me when people comment on your speed; you're sharing a talent you have for free with no rewards back, so thank you very much for even considering still writing with a busy schedule. I know i appreciate it and I'm sure many others do too.

xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good work as usual

Reminds me somewhat of Poor Simon, mixing such abuse with tenderness. I check at least once a week to see if you've released a new chapter of Onus, I thought maybe you'd given up, but you said you'd get it eventually and you were right, note to self: never underestimate cruel2bkind.

ps: please get the next chapter done a little bit faster? preferably by February!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The same old anonymous :)

Now, i can't wait for the next chapter. I know, I know u a got lot going on but plz finish the story ASAP ok :D

MaryJonMaryJonover 10 years ago
Always happy to see a new chapter from you

Such a great story. Thanks for sharing it!

DelaneymegDelaneymegover 10 years ago
Yes!

Glad to read more of this story. Congrats on the nursing school!

LoveAndDesireLoveAndDesireover 10 years ago
Love <3

I love a good story like this. You see all of the hardships they go through; you cry with them, you feel their pain. All you want is for someone to whisk them away somewhere safe and warm and love them for all that they're worth. I feel like that's where we're getting with this story, and I hope that is where it stays! If something else bad happens to the poor boy, I'm going to end up writing my own ending and living in denial ;)

Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with those of us suffering from loneliness and writers block. Good fortune and good writing to you :)

-L&D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing, as always

Absolutely loving this story. I love all your work, but this is probably my favourite. (So some of us do like it dark!). Looking forward to the next chapter!

sowhat_14sowhat_14over 10 years ago

love it ,it sounds to be a very romantic story with a very dark beginning ,hope you won't take too long to write the next chapter

SumacandIvySumacandIvyover 10 years ago
Another Strong Chapter

You balance the pain and the love so well that one can not exist without the other. There isn't a moment when I don't believe everything the narrator tells me. Complete suspension of disbelief.

I want things to go well, but something tells me there is a bad time coming. Who is going to save whom?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
in pain

i love all your stories and this is my favourite ever but i may just die waiting for it to be completed. *insert very very sad face*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you!

This chapter's healing me too after the darkness of the last one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

u r taking long time.........plz hurry up.........dont left us hanging!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Love it

Loving this story - you know it must be good when you didn't realise it was unfinished and get to the end... and then go "Noo!" out loud.

I love your story-telling - it flows really well, and you strike a great balance between description and plot/character development.

Quick note though: I've been reading all your stories and have noticed that you tend to use "then" when you mean "than" - as in "rather then" when it should be "rather than". Not a huge issue but it tripped me up on more than a couple of sentences in your work so thought I'd mention it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

U r taking fucking long time, i m not usually the one to loose my cool but the wait is fucking killing, so stop being selfish, hurry up n fucking finish the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lovely

Dark and grim but with a ray of hope now. Poor little Oni!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Oh, this made me cry so much. I grew up in an abusive household and just reading about Sam taking care of Shiloh and being so careful with him had me sobbing, because that's the kind of rescue I never got. It was painful but good reading.

You're a really wonderful writer, even if your writing can be brutal. Thank you for this.

HartlesslyHartlesslyover 3 years ago

You are a very good writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous