All Comments on 'Operation: Final Fantasy Ch. 06'

by Spartan22

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Ahh geez, Sydney says as he wipes a few drops of what must be rain from his cheeks. Nicely written ending and in spite of my cynical nature about the real world, I am encouraged you wrote it this way because at heart I love a happy ending. In fact, the scene at the restaurant where Jessica's last "date" waited was probably just about perfectly written, but I am left to wonder how they were going to get together if they hadn't had this chance encounter? Perhaps a word in the concluding chapter about how she was planning to call him, or meet for a talk after this evening would have given some clarity. I only say that because it seems that if fate had not put them in close proximity that evening, she would have continued to avoid him thinking he would not want her. We are left to wonder why she did walk over to him as he was trying to ignore her and ostensibly the reason why she was there, but who can explain why people in love act as they do.

Just nit picking - five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wrong category

Why did you put the last chapter in LW instead of Romance? Definitely not traditional LW material and the readers who were following this story in Romance may not find it here.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
ANON -wrong category is right

Spartan - strongly recommend you stay within a category for a serial offering. I am not interested on reading four chapters in Romance to get to one LW, especially when you seem to be promising it really isn't. Meanwhile, as Anon also pointed out, those reading Romance will only catch the Non-Erotic chapter because the numbering sequence was off AND the story (has/should have) a gap. They may NEVER catch your conclusion. I think you can get it reassigned!

crazycujocrazycujoalmost 12 years ago
finally

you came through ok. i read mostly happy ending, romantic stories. you had me worried for awhile there. thanks for the ride. looking forward to your next submission. thanks again.

Spartan22Spartan22almost 12 years agoAuthor
Ok

I hear you loud and clear. I'm not sure if they will let me but I will try to get them to switch it to Romance. Thanks for the inputs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very well written with good steady pace

The plot line was highly plausible and the two stars were well constructed with full personalities. It was what I would call overall a gentle read as the unlikely couple very slowly fell in love. They had the advantage of experiencing some of the deep lows in life with both tragedy and near tragedy but their love would not be extinguished.

Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Absolutely, positively

One of the best romantic stories I've read Thank you so much.

hawyn808hawyn808about 11 years ago

Loved the whole series. Just finished reading all 6 chapters. "Impersonating Brianne" is one of my favorite stories all-time on here. I liked your treatment of the concept and I really dug seeing Ryan and Jessica's tale and love grow for each other. Keep writing! You have a new fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Great story, I could not stop reading and still am wiping the tears of joy from my eyes as I write. Truly great and inspirational story.

MerlHaggertMerlHaggertabout 11 years ago
Dammit

Realease all the new stuff at one time dammit.

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Great Tear Jerker

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Like most others now, I'm crying.

A really beautiful story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
IMPERSONATING BRIANNE BY HDL

This story is exactly the same as IMPERSONATING BRIANNE maybe I miss some kind of disclaimer? ..... but you may check it out is a Hall of famer

ReadsalotReadsalotalmost 11 years ago
Touching for me on a couple of levels

Very well done! I'm going to have to make a trip to the store for more tissues, but I can deal with that.

I once spent several hours on the phone with a friend who said she was planning to kill herself that night. Whatever we talked about did some good. She told me later I was the reason she decided to live. What do you say to something like that?

A woman I had loved for 6 years, and who had recently agreed to marry me, was killed by a drunk driver many years ago. I was with her, and I somehow survived. While never suicidal, it took a long time for me to heal, both physically and emotionally.

And to Anonymous below: Yes, you missed the disclaimer. Go back to chapter 1 and read the credits to HLD and other writers.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
OMG!

I have been SOBBING for the last 3 chapters.

What an amazing story.

It was beautiful and so well written.

Thankyou again

countrygirlflacountrygirlflaover 10 years ago
EXCELLENT

NEEDS NO MORE SAID,,,,JUST EXCELLENT

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it

The story puts Educating Kaylee in to a new light for me.

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Fine Tale!

Emotionally a bit of a roller coaster, but quite satisfying. Hope to see more of your work. Thanks, Spartan22. Dan

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
makes me cry

Everytime i read it.

must be due for another chapter about luke and kaylee?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
EXCELLENT!!!

Loved it!!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
On the one hand, Very close to "Brianne"

But on the other hand, this story is very well written. Dialogue is compelling and realistic. Pacing is very good. Five stars for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great job

Great story line. Nice grammar. Realistic characters with flaws. keep writing... If you want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This story is really good.

It's so much better than your other work, and it's just crazy to me to go back and read this after looking at the rest where (after Educating Kaylee) it's all about the military and religion (neither of which had much of a role at all in this story). It just baffles me how much the characters (Ryan and Jessica) changed from this story to your sequels dealing with their kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great story

enjoy this, hope you write more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Love it

love this story so much I cried, many times. when he was thinking about Amanda and adam and talking to Cindy it made me think of my godmother who passed away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
thank you

Very hard read for me. Your marvelous story brought so many memories back to me about my own tragedies. But in the end we must always endeavor forward. We never know what tomorrow holds. Keep writing please.

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowalmost 9 years ago
Sci-fi Fantasy Category?

I enjoyed the story, but having read your other submissions about Luke and Kaylee, I have nit to pick.

If Ryan and Jessica were in Hawaii on the 71st anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack (2012), that would mean your other stories took/will take place in what ... the 2030's?

Where are the flying cars?

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
Author you may want to look at this

Impersonating Brianne by HLD©

It's a very close story to "Final Fantasy"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
dyonysos

Might want to read the introduction where full credit for the general idea for the story was given. There are only so many plots. After all, Shakespeare himself wasn't above copying.

And in both stories, it is the characters and their interaction and growth that are of interest. The basic plot only provides the situation in which they operate so that the discovery by the reader takes place.

Both stories are in my favorites list. So to all readers of this, do discover both authors.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
An excellent story

Like HLD's "Impersonating Brianne" this is also an excelent story. It has a several of the elements of Brianne, but in reality is a completely different story and deserves to be highly rated. I also agree with another commentator that all six chapters belong in the Romance category. I really can't figure out why the author put chapter six in LW.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
Correction

Like HLD's "Impersonating Brianne" this is also an excelent story. It has a several of the elements of Brianne, but in reality is a completely different story and deserves to be highly rated. I also agree with another commentator that all six chapters belong in the Romance category. I really can't figure out why the author put a chapter in Non-Erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nicely done!

I don't know why but I find myself drawn to these romance stories of damaged people struggling with their lives. I think the only thing I would have liked was for Trixie/Jessica to have realized her dream of becoming a massage therapist/spa owner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really liked it

I'm glad you enjoy writing as much as I enjoy reading…LOL sure makes it easier to like ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome

Loved your writing . I think most writers could learn from you , on how to move a story along . You never bored me with the description of the meaningless vase in the corner , thank you!!!

SAV12SAV12about 5 years ago
YOU NEED TO CONTINUE!

THIS STORYLINE OF THE PATTON FAMILY IS GREAT! IT'S THE BEST STORY ON THIS WEBSITE AND NEEDS TO BE CONTINUED. SIX YEARS IS WAY TOO LONG FOR SPARTAN22 TO SIT ON THE SIDELINES. LET'S GET THIS STORY GOING.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic. Story

More about them or

More stories like this one

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FANTASTIC

Such a good story on similar lines of Impersonating Brianna. HDL. Bother are stories about escorts that take an assignment and fall in love with them. Both are heartwarming stories where there lives change for the better. Bother in my favorites I found this story by a comment made by a reader of Impersonating Brianna.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com aka Ron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fantastic. storyt

True love found in the most uncertain way. He found her by mistake and they fell deeply in love

In

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wonderful story. They both found true love and it really wasn't an escort service that did it. In Hawaii, he treated her like his WIFE. She even told him her name. Excellent writing, please write more like it!

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Such a great companion piece to the Luke and Kaylee series. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful series. Five stars is not nearly enough. I wonder what another chapter would be? EXCELLENT!

Virgo6Virgo6almost 3 years ago
I come back

To read this ever so often. Your talents are on par or better than anyone I’ve read. I hope you find inspiration to write more on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. I would bet that they believe that they, and their children, are truly miracles...

IvmanicviIvmanicviover 2 years ago

How have you caused me so much joy and pain

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Topflight writing, great story.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WONDERFUL STORY! 10 stars isn't even close. Ryan and Jessica both saved each other, she really told him how she felt when he was going to commit suicide. If any of her "former customers" talk to her, she can proudly say, "THIS IS MY HUSBAND, RYAN, AND FATHER OF OUR SON AND DAUGHTER". They are the love of my life, with or new baby, I'm carrying...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories