All Comments on 'Outlander Ch. 10'

by sirreadsalot10

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
jilliebjilliebover 8 years ago
A lump in my throat too

I really love the last section of this chapter where Garek has his epiphany. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SQUUEEEE!!!!

That is all. :)

Hethen129Hethen129over 8 years ago
awesome

Really good chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keeps getting better!

This whole series is amazing! Can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Publishable

I know literature very well. I genuinely believe this story is good enough to be published in print.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Only for vote

I read this chapter on other storycollection I came here only to give 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome

Another chapter so soon. I really like this story and hope to see it finished. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very Enjoyable

I began reading this storyline because of the title. The title "Outlander" was intriguing because I have read the series by another author that begins with a book of the same title. There is also the similarity of the main character being translated to another time/location. You have taken a different tack with this series and have created a very enjoyable storyline. Your character development and dialog are very good and your scene descriptions create a picture in the mind. You also seem to end each story segment in a manner that keeps the reader interested. I will be interested to see where you go with this. Please continue.

Kaleb_BartlettKaleb_Bartlettover 8 years ago
Another fine chapter!

A fine continuation of the story. When i'm able to picture the people and places in my mind like a movie then the writer has done a fantastic job, and every time I read a chapter of this story I never fail to see that movie.

What i'm most interested in seeing is when Jack finally starts to control magic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you for coming back

Great story. Great editing. Great effort all around.

Hope Jack doesn't try to run with the Outlander in command thing yet. Feels a little sudden given his (well developed) background.

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 8 years ago
OOOOOOHHH SHIITTTT!!!!! This story just got ratcheted up 10000 fold

I swear, this is one of the greatest lines I've ever read:

"For the prophecy was clear on this point: all would bow before the Outlander or be as wheat to the scythe."

I can't wait for the next chapter. Jack has really turned into a new person this chapter. I was already anxious to see how Jack would interact with the high-priestess. Now I am extremely anxious to see the interactions by this "new" Jack, especially during his nightly teachings because you know the high-priestess is going to intrude.

Further their boat is going to have a lot of new characters on it, both quasi-good and evil, so it's going to be a a fun roller coaster.

Thanks for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks for returning to the story

Well written, nicely developed characters - a great read. Thanks for returning to carry on with the story - looking forward to future chapters

jelqerjelqerover 8 years ago
great come back

I'm so glad you are back. Can't wait for ch. 11 :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Oh, for fucks sake

I just reda the whole story. And it is awesome. I love how you use the language and how the characters are built. It was just sucking me into this amazing would.

Very well done.

elspethsheynaelspethsheynaover 8 years ago
Amazing!!!

Just read through the entire story you have posted and it's great.

Well written and edited. Your character development and plot just pull you in.

Can't wait until you update with the next chapter. Now that Sarafella has her eyes set on Jack things are bound to heat up with Ava....

Thank you for the great read,

Elspethsheyna

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great read

can't wait for the next chapter! Just read chp 1 to chp 10.. and its fantastic so far. My other favorite story on here happens to be young wolves (which I'd like to see a new story about too).

FourosesFourosesover 8 years ago
Excellent work, can't wait for more!!!

I have been returning to your page for months and the new chapters have made the wait worthwhile! Looking forward to the story unfolding, really like that way you build character and feeling into the text, great work.

P.S. don't leave us hanging :))

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good God

This is the slowest moving story ever... Come on. I get it, story needs to build but 10 chapters and frankly nothing all that great has happen yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Outstanding!

I suspect the previous anonymous poster is a troll or a competing author because this story is an action packed adventure worthy of every accolade it has received.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Updates

Can't wait for the next chapter. Your bio says you'll write a new one every 3 weeks! I have signed up for your newsletter so I can find out when the next one comes out. If its faster than 3 weeks, I will not complain! (Hint-hint)

kazilla122kazilla122over 8 years ago
Ugh I'm so tired

I'm so tired of people not researching anything about weapons and armor. First why would sailors use or carry "bastard swords" which one has to assume you mean to be of the longsword variety with a tapering point and approximately four feet long. Wouldn't a cutlass or other similar sword make more sense because most fighting done on ships are done with limitations for space. Second why would the hero want a "katana" or similar sword. It is not the ultimate sword! Most historical examples are something like thirty inches of blade length with a two handed grip. Not exactly ideal for use against a longer sword. Third why is it that everyone wears leather armor, there is no historic evidence of this. What's more is that it wouldn't be the most effective armor. Leather is essentially just skin and how easy is it to cut or pierce skin. Think about what we use to protect against sharp blades today: chain mail gloves are used for protection in industries where they use knives like the meat industry and competitive lumberjacks wear chain mail socks to protect their toes. Chain mail was the most prevalent armor across the world and throughout time. Things that I like are you having more colors than dreary blacks browns and greys. However it seems that only a few people have access or can afford brighter colors. Overall I really enjoy this tale and am glad you are continuing it. Four stars!

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
A Bewitching Tale

Look how easily Munch was disposed of. The hero still has quite a few miles to sail.

sirreadsalot10sirreadsalot10over 8 years agoAuthor
research

In response to the comment about my lack of research. The bastard sword has been referred to as a long sword by some sources but also as a sword midway in length between a long sword and a short sword. This is the definition that I have chosen to use for my story purposes. While the cutlass (a short sword) is best in the confines of ship board combat, I feel the bastard sword as I define it is more versatile and better suited for the sea dogs who also provide dock security on land when the ship is in port as well as escorts for VIPs while away from the ship. Also in a world where leather armor can be strengthened by magic I don't see the purpose of those with access to such an upgrade bothering with the added weight and restriction of chain mail.

DazbootDazbootover 8 years ago

I felt the whole ending of the chapter was rather abrupt. Jack taking control and Garek swearing fealty lacked feeling. If you're going to move them into those roles there really should've been some sort of event where Jack proves to himself and those around him that he's worthy of it. The Jack we've seen so far wouldn't have done or said those things without a proverbial kick in the ass of some sort.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 6 years ago
The final chapter will decide

If I can continue this tale or not.

it's gonna be hard.

JC

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous