All Comments on 'Outpost: Hetero Version'

by Snekguy

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
ReGatsReGatsover 7 years ago

Well, I was going to do some writing of my own today, but no, Snekguy released another story, so there goes that.

And once again, you prove your skill. I wonder at the 'Hetero' part of the title - there's alien lesbians - but I can only guess you have a second version somewhere with some gay sex. Most marvelous of all, this is something like the 8th or 9th story you've written that has Borleans, and it still hasn't gotten stale or repetitive. I was deeply afraid that this would become repetitive due to your obvious bias toward giant cat-people, but somehow, you just keep on adding in new twists.

SnekguySnekguyover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! There is indeed a second version queued for upload which includes gay/bi scenes with Runt and Zagza, it should hopefully be approved shortly.

JohnnyRottencrotchJohnnyRottencrotchover 7 years ago
Hmmmm.... I added a comment last night but it seems to have been removed

Enjoyed the story. I left constructive criticism. Not sure where the review went.

SnekguySnekguyover 7 years agoAuthor
@Johnny

Authors have the power to moderate comments, though I didn't see your post and have not needed to remove any thus far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ursi ????

Shouldn't Ursi and the rest of the polar cats be informed? Then the pack left behind would be relocated to Russia.

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 7 years ago
Opening Up Interesting Possibilities

Well, this was a very good read, although it took simply forever for the hero to get his zipper down. Not that I am complaining, the story had me well involved the whole way through.

The way I see it, the Polar Borealisins, ( Borealisites, Borealisions??? ) in this story, appear to be very primitive in comparison to those in your earlier story. This can be explained by the extremely harsh environment they were living in. When one is 100% occupied with trying to simply survive, there is zero chance of discovery or invention, no time to dream or think great thoughts. There are only two thoughts at all times, "hungry, need food" and "cold, neat heat". Suddenly, the environmental limitations have been lifted, the Outpost has central heat, soon to have functioning indoor plumbing, and food is being supplied by the UNN.

Now, there will be time for development and advancement. Especially in view of the availability of the very capable and willing Combat Engineer in the Pack. The same can be said for the main body, which has now settled in Siberia. A much less harsh environment (they even have a Summer season, unheard of on Borealis!) and both food and firewood are more readily available. Plus, the Russian Federation really wants them to contribute to their military, which means training in many subject areas.

The question is, how did they get left behind by the Queen? Will she do a census and figure out she is short a dozen people? Will the Traders, who apparently abandoned their Trading Post and moved to Siberia, get to reminiscing one day and think "I wonder whatever happened to good old whats-his-name and whats-her-name, has anybody seen them? Will the Russian Polars come looking for them, or will they stay (and begin to thrive) on Borealis?

I, for one, am staying tuned to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I love how you have a continuous universe and timeline but you hop storylines. This series has been one of the best things I've read and I thank you for gracing us with your skill.

Happy new year.

StangrynStangrynover 7 years ago
Love the story!

As always, your storytelling is amazing. I can't wait for more of this universe to unfold in future stories.

RpierzRpierzover 7 years ago
Korza

This is the second story that I've read that had that minor character in it. I find him interesting, & hope you do a side-story involving him one day, preferably where he's still a recruit but on the verge of being put into active duty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful story

I love the universe you have created, and the way you tie it all together as a coherent series is amazing, so well written! I'd like to read about how Kaisha became a Doctor and came to be on the Pinwheel. The chapter about Dennis and Queen Ursilla travelling to Earth and founding a colony there was great, and we were introduced to Kaisha, now a chapter about her getting admitted to medical school and going to Pinwheel as an MD would be great, especially if you tie it into Lt. Moralez's injuries and subsequent recovery...

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Great story!

A great story based on the Pinwheel.

Good explanation of the prejudices that human beings have about races different from theirs. Also very well explained the phase of despair of Schaffer when he tried to commit suicide.

There was a moment when it seemed that the bad guys were going to win the game.

I was a little confused the subject of the sexual relations of the Borealans, although I attribute to problems of Google translator and my lack of knowledge of the English language.

5 * for you.

I think it would be good for the author to indicate a chronology of these stories, perhaps as a commentary on his profile.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 7 years ago
1st read

1st read of the non Bi version. I liked them both, 5 Stars worth. Had to read it just to refresh my memory. Now off to chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nitpicks

Great story, but I have a few nitpicks about the beginning.

First: If it's super cold outside all the time I doubt there would be any way for frost/ice to build up on surfaces inside the base, snow might get in if there's an opening but if it never gets warmer than freezing outside there's not going to be any humidity to freeze out onto surfaces, particularly if the base is still sealed.

Second: Unless the base stayed warmish for long enough I doubt the cans would have spoiled, canned and deep frozen would probably inhibit pretty much all microbial growth, though the food might still loose sctructure. Also even if it DID rot if it's frozen you probably wouldn't be able to smell it. Basically I'm pretty sure cans in a place as cold as you describe would last for decades.

Third: There's basically no way the bullets would fail due to moisture, bullets are totally sealed, you could leave them in water for a long time and as long as nothing corroded they would still work, and since it's frozen it's even less likely that water would find it's way inside them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Frozen canned goods

I admit, the spoiled canned goods bothered me, too. They would only have spoiled if there had been some freeze thaw cycles-- freezing to burst the cans as the water expands, then warm for it to spoil. But in a frozen block, he wouldn't know it was spoiled 'til the thawed it. Mind you, the cans would be deformed and leaking

Likewise, the silverware would be fine. They make it from stainless steel, and frozen climates are dry as there's no liquid water. It's possible that chefs knives were carbon steel, but if it was frozen it shouldn't be an issue

But still, another great story, so thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A couple of comments...

I've read a number of your stories besides this series, and have noticed a similarity in all of your characters. All of your male characters have a tendency to cover their faces with their hands in times of stress or embarrassment. Not really a trait I have witnessed in other men during my life; seems more of a female trait.

The issued isn't the trait, it's the repetition of it across numerous characters, in different universes.

The same can be said for the repetition of severe and frequent blushing by male characters.

The final repetitive trait I noticed has me baffled. Your male characters have consistently expressed a loss of feeling, or their legs turning to jelly, (something in the frame), DURING sex. If they expressed this during, or after climax, I can relate to that, and not be baffled. But during sex? I, (or my partners), must have been doing something wrong for the past 50 years!

A final note about anatomical terms. I run across this frequently, in Lit stories, and in published works; here are the correct definitions for prone and supine, and a trick for remembering each.

Prone is when the body is laying face down. Supine is when the body is face up. Supine is up, and contains 'up'.

It only annoys those who know the difference, but a writer is a wordsmith, and those strive to be writer should also strive to know words, and their meanings, as well as strive to ever increase their knowledge and vocabulary.

Thanks for sharing your vivid and expansive imagination, especially thanks for all the work it takes to put together a story and submission(s) to Lit.

Both are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

GeoD

illwindillwindalmost 6 years ago

This was another love/hate one for me. Loved the cultural aspects of Schaffer learning about the pack and then becoming one of them. Even going so far as to help Runt become a more 'active' member. That was all great. But then it gets into the military and political aspects and the story just falls apart for me.

I cannot imagine any scenario where the UNN would be cool with the Borealans living in the outpost that is meant to be a SECRET listening post. I really thought the story was going to conclude with Schaffer disabling the base(forcing them to send out a repair team), and in all the ensuing drama the UNN would be forced to make amends by caring for the polars and perhaps turning the outpost into a research facility rather than continuing to spy on their own allies. Or at least offer free transport to Earth so they could join up with the other polars. Maybe even reestablish their own pack a ways away from the main group. Because it really didn't make much sense as to why the outpost suddenly needed someone there manning it when the entire plot up to that point had been dependent on the fact that it had been abandoned and fully automated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another master piece

I’ve start going through the order of your story u recommend and it the best way to read these hear about Moralez again and the others was a nice surprise and I love the feeling of the whole story SUCKINg me in and enjoying e story of him understanding the pack and becoming a part of it you just bring it to life and it wonderful yours is one of the best on lit can’t wait to see more

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love the UNN series

Excellent story. Love the UNN series. Sort of wish they were dated so I could read them in order

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Another great story

To Anonymous 1/28/19 - look at Snekguy's bio. The stories are listed in a read order. Really helps.

Snekguy - love the story but I thought it was funny that Schaffer kept calling the locals "Aliens". He was the alien, not them. I'm hoping that the pack is reunited with the rest of the Polars. That would be a nice touch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Accident or intentional?

Im not sure if you realise but both the hetero and bi versions of this story feature Runt, but the hetero version of Outpost 2 has Shrimp instead. Just wondering if thats intentional or an accident? Either way i love your stories, definitly some of the best stuff ive ever read and youre building an amazing universe, keep up the awesome work.

M0R5EUSM0R5EUSalmost 5 years ago
Amazing story once again!

I love the universe that you have created. Your stories have story in them instead of just mindless sex, which I love. I sincerely hope that you continue to write.

~Morpheus

txcrackertxcrackeralmost 4 years ago
Damn Yoir Stories keep getting better !

Damn Yor Stories keep getting better , this is my forth and I've got to say I'm impressed another 5*s .I also read your Patreon page also impressive and will help you reach your goal , just promises not to forget us like Telfer , he was publishing about every two weeks then it got to be every two to three months but not so slow on Petreon , I like this site better. Call me old fashion but I believe you should just come with you one who brought you to the dance , just my feelings .

THANKS FOR THE GREAT READ

TXCRACKER

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Couple of observations

First, another outstanding piece, 5*

Second, I echo the comments from a reader about the narration referring to Polars as aliens. Bugged me in your other stories.....bugged me here.

Lastly, Schaffer’s frustration and later success with the heating system was pretty clunky. There’s an inference that it was an electric system, in which case, no flame would have burst out to singe him. Maybe you were referring to the circulation fan? If it were a gas system, ok there would have been a flame but it would have been in a sealed combustion chamber with a heat exchanger, and the air handling fan would not have been in the same environment but rather in a different plenum. Where would the UNN get fossil fuels to stock this facility? I think that the most likely situation is that this station had a mini reactor and the facility would never have been in mothball in the described conditions. Core coolant would have been circulated through the station to heat it.

This must seem nitpicky, maybe it is, but you gave it a lot of importance so I think it’s worth pointing out. Your stories are very attractive because of detail....and all details are important.

Enkidu

wheels0132wheels0132over 2 years ago

Love these stories and the world you've created! Especially appreciate the time you've taken to do your research in many instances.

The only real annoying thing I keep finding with the human male protagonists is their tendency to repeatedly blush and hide their faces behind their hands. It's a very effeminate behavior and totally takes me out of the story by emasculating the main characters. I can't imagine any dude ever acting that way, I'm embarrassed for these men in these stories when I read that yet another one has behaved this way.

Only other gripe: sometimes the Borealan blow jobs are a little too frequent and repetitive.

Everything else is great... looking forward to more!

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

An amazing read, so in depth that the reader just sinks into the story.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

I don't what you've had but it's powerful stuff, man! Wonderful story, total believable characters really get the reader involved. I'm not surprised you're publishing these - they deserve it

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
Fantastic story

In spite of your precise description of how Moralez took down Rawling, I can’t help but imagine that it was performed like a German suplex

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSnekguy@Snekguy
Check out my new website over at Snekguy.com, where you can read the Pinwheel Wiki, see galleries for book covers and concept art, and more! I now have Ebooks available on Amazon and Smashwords! Buying a copy of your favorite story is a great way to support me. amazon.com/auth...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories