Overlooked Bride Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

INSPIRED BUSINESS ASSOCIATE Lower-level private Adult Education establishment requires a motivated person able interface well with adult students principally in a social sense. Applicants must have strong academic-qualified skills to co-manage the operation. The requirement is a person capable of interfacing attractively with warmth and personality to support a lasting relationship. A generous salary, new 3-litre saloon with unrestricted mileage will be provided. Please email a one-page CV with contact details to: Bianca White Success Consultancy Blue Sky Tower bianca@bwhite.co.nz

Bianca emailed that ad to the newspaper to run in Friday's and Saturday's issues. Bianca accepted the advert was vague but she decided it had enough feeling of 'mysterious' pull to attract people who were intrigued to find out more. She'd chosen the wording carefully – wording designed to turn men off. She sighed – either that or readers would interpret it as a subtle ad to recruit a person to receive a car to carry out her duties as a prostitute.

Bianca logged into the dating websites and found one was recording three 'reads' of her ad and the other site scored higher with eleven. In the password protected area she found one reply from a guy names Michael said he was seeking a relationship with a 30-year-old businessman. He had no business experience but was willing to learn. The response from the other person included a picture – 'A hairy part of the female body well below the head,' is how Bianca described this response when reporting to Marty at 6:45 that evening. She added that the woman is thirty-eight, works in a clothing factory in Russia and has a dream to immigrate to New Zealand to marry.

Marty received a sigh mothers give to misbehaving boys when he asked, "Was she wanting to bring her two sisters?"

He broke the silence by stating, "That was a joke."

"I was hoping it was."

"Look, disregard any responses from foreigners. I don't want to get involved in hassles over immigration and being asked to forward money for fares and travel expenses. Most if not all will be scams."

"Ah, at last a sensible response; I shall follow your instructions Marty."

Apparently encouraged by the light-hearted response, Marty enquired was Bianca interested in looking at quality etchings only to find the call disconnected.

He called back. "Don't hang up, it's not what you think – there are no etchings in my bedroom; in fact I don't have any etchings. But I do have an invitation for 6:30 tomorrow to Fisher Gallery to attending the opening of a display of very famous 19th Century etchings of animals that go on sale at the end of the month. I just thought..."

"Yes, certainly. Please pick me up from here at a time to suit. I shall look forward to it."

A knock brought Bianca out of her self-chastisement: she'd earlier resolved never to socially date with a client and here she was, blowing that resolve asunder with her very first client. The doorknocker had read the 'Please Enter' sign on the door and was walking in. It was a woman Bianca had twice exchanged greetings with in the elevator.

"Miss White, please forgive this intrusion. I'm Amy MacLeod. We've said hello a..." "Yes, I recognize you. I guess we are business neighbors."

"Well, that depends. I'm working out my termination notice with Smith's Stamps; Stan Smith has decided to retire and his stock has been purchased by a stamp trader in Christchurch. I'm under the impression you don't have a receptionist yet – in fact Mr Oakes the building maintenance man said you're waiting to build up your business before you do that."

"That's a fact and Mr Oakes has a lose mouth, but now I know how to spread rumors around the building. Take two weeks holiday then start here the same rate plus 10% Mr Smith is paying you."

"But you don't know if I'm honest or can work to your requirements. You need to interview me to find out."

"You must be honest, otherwise you wouldn't have just said that. You are polite and very friendly as I've already chatted briefing with you in the elevator twice today. Thirdly you demonstrate initiative. I have to assume expecting more than that is over-expecting of a receptionist."

"If you don't mind me saying so, Miss White, you have a refreshing way of looking at staff recruitment."

"Thank you Amy. Sit down for a quick cup of coffee and I'll explain what I do. Before your last day with Mr Smith you must arrange a breakfast meeting with me and we'll sign the papers including your tax form. Ask Mr Smith if he will kindly give me your personnel file – he won't require it any longer, will he?"

"I'll make the coffee Miss White."

"Call me Bianca at all times, Amy. You may call yourself office manager – receptionist sounds a little demeaning for someone with your initiative. We'll review your salary at the end of three months. Strong black, roughly two teaspoons of milk, no sugar – always."

"Coming up, Bianca. This is a flash coffee machine."

As Amy hurried away to rejoin Mr Smith and his stamps Bianca thought this wasn't a co-incidence, Amy was meant to come to work with her. Bianca acknowledged she was quite used to things happening like this: she attracted certain people, people who seemed to have a mystic depth. Like Marty – she laughed and refreshed her lipstick and thought that will be the day! He seemed too shallow for her liking which reminded her, she needed to establish rapport with a man potentially capable of filling all her needs – she was rising twenty-nine, for goodness sake.

To Be Continued...

12