All Comments on 'Pale Painter Ch. 04'

by DreamerByTheDiamonds

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The cute son

I love the son! But I'm curious, does the son have adhd or something?

DreamerByTheDiamondsDreamerByTheDiamondsabout 6 years agoAuthor
To Anyonymous Concerning the Son

Do you mean little Andreo? I always imagined he had autism. However, I'm not a doctor, and I don't have autism. I didn't want to directly call his condition autism because I know I'll make a mistake when describing his symptoms and behavior. I did try to do some research, though, and I consulted a male friend of mine who is autistic. For some reason, I was so inspired that I even made an autistic female character in "The Contest," which is ongoing as of right now on my profile. As for Andreo, he'll make a few appearances in the other stories in the Wish Granted series, and hopefully in the ones I haven't written yet. I think he's the most adorable, cutie little patootie ever. It warms my heart whenever Erdgar gives him cuddles. That's his boy, you know!

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 5 years ago
@anon

ADHD is also on the Autism Spectrum, but if he had that he'd be bouncing off the walls, probably talking nonstop, and possibly experiencing motor tics of varying severity. He would also be hyper-focused when he cared about something, but have difficulty concentrating on stuff he didn't really like. As he gets older, the hyperactivity would go away for the most part, but the focus issues and the motor tics would remain. I speak purely from my own experience, having fairly severe ADHD.

I don't personally know anybody who's autistic, but from my intellectual knowledge you seem to have done a truly superb job capturing the symptoms, DBTD. The only problem is that the poor kid is heir to a duchy... and I believe that job requires lots of social interaction.

doobiusdoobiusalmost 5 years ago
Breeching

Visiting a Scottish castle, I can't remember which one, there was a family painting included a boy in a dress identified as the future Lord. The explanation given was different. The guide said that kidnapping was not uncommon. So they dressed all the children in dresses. Kidnapping a girl would gain little or no ransom! Whilst I think your explanation Is a more practical explanation I thought you may be interested.

I like the originality of your stories as well as the style of writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDreamerByTheDiamonds@DreamerByTheDiamonds
373 Followers
I'm really sick right now. There might be a delay for Old Blood and New. Well ... I'm a ghostwriter now. Yay! I've decided to make a Subscribe Star account! Donations are 100% optional but I am considering taking story requests. https://subscribestar.adult/dreamerbythediam...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES