Paramedic Pt. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Conner and Mark slowly turned their heads to look at each other. "Mark, this reading means more to me now than it ever has. I think the angels God sent are with us both sitting in the church here with us."

"Conner, I have never felt this safe around people before either."

Liam used his elbow to nudge Conner in the ribs to be quiet.

There were lots of people in the church who introduced themselves to Conner. It was overwhelming for him so many people could care for him and support him.

The graveside service was very simple, with Conner placing the urns into the grave. Conner had remained strong through the service but the reality of what he was doing set in. Conner finished placing the ashes and stood up. Jared, Liam and Mark all moved in at the same as Conner broke down. They held him until he stopped crying.

Jared and Liam sat on the couch in the apartment later that night. They were waiting for Conner to get back from his date with Mark. After the service, the two boys talked to Jared and Liam about how well they got along and really wanted to try dating. They wanted to ask permission from the two of them because of the respect they had for them. Jared and Liam had smiled at the boys and gave them their blessing with the warning to take it slow.

The next day, Jared and Liam were having coffee at a local shop when their radios warbled and they were advised of a shooting in the rural area at a church retreat site. Liam knew the general area and remembered it was near the large Provincial Park about 25 minutes out of town. Liam was surprised when two of the city police cars blew by them, obviously heading the same way as they were. They both knew the city police would back up the Regional Police when they needed it. They both watched as the City Police Emergency Response Team Vans went by them, also in a hurry. Both Jared and Liam wished the big ambulances travelled faster and handled better at higher speeds. The maximum they could travel in the big unit was 125-130 km per hour, if the roads were good. They were built for the patient's treatment and not high speed.

Rob called Jared on his cell phone and told him he would be heading out with two more units. They weren't getting much information from the police yet but it had turned into a stand-off. Rob and the extra units would be 15 minutes behind Jared and Liam.

They pulled up to the staging area the police had thrown together just down the road from the camp. Jared and Liam parked off to one side where they could watch the activities. Tyler ram up to them carrying a carbine across his chest.

"Jared, I still haven't heard what started all this but the pastor is up there with an unknown amount of men, unknown weapons and the kids who were in bible camp. They're all in the chapel or main part of the big building, we think," explained Tyler.

Liam jumped in, "So no one is hurt?"

Tyler shook his head no. "They've asked for more ambulances in case things go bad, especially with kids in there."

They could hear the additional ambulances arriving and turned to watch them drive up. Rob was in the first one. Tyler stopped them, motioning Rob to stay with them and the other two units to head down the road to field on the right. The paramedics looked a little disappointed they weren't going to stay there until Tyler explained that was the Headquarters area they were being sent to.

"So what the hell is going over there Tyler?" asked Rob.

"We're just not sure yet, Rob," he started. Tyler's explanation was cut short as a bullet hit the revolving emergency lights on the ambulance, shattering part of them. A second bullet took out the driver's side window.

Tyler yelled, "Sniper!" and then said the same into his radio. He had just turned to tell everyone to hit the dirt when he saw Rob was absolutely pale and staring at a bullet which wads motionless and hanging in the air about 8 inches from his face.

Rob was stammering, "What the fuck is going on here?" staring at the bullet.

Jared was standing with both hands held up in a stop gesture. There was additional bullets heard ricocheting into the trees beside them after hitting something solid. Rob was looking at the bullet in front of him when Liam gently reached up and grabbed it out of the air in his hand. Rob slowly turned his head to look at Liam and Jared and saw both men's eyes were the purest white light he had ever seen.

Liam's eyes returned to normal while Jared's remained white.

"Rob, we had hoped to introduce you to our inner strengths during a sweat lodge ceremony and not like this," explained Liam.

"What the fuck are you two?" demanded Rob.

Tyler spoke up, "You are in the presence of Liam or Soaring Eagle. He is a very powerful apprentice and soulmate to Jared. Jared is known as Masqua, Sacred Medicine Man of the People. They have many abilities between the two of them, one of which just prevented the bullet from hitting you between your eyes."

Liam handed Rob the bullet. "Keep this as a good luck charm Rob." Rob took it from him slowly. When Liam touched Rob's hand, he reached deep into Rob's mind and showed him their activities in the sweat lodge. When he let go of his hand, Rob had regained his colour and looked much happier.

"Thank you Liam," said Rob. "Thank you for showing me what you guys are and for saving my life."

Jared spoke up, "It was not your time yet Rob. You have a long path ahead of you and it was not the place of the dark one to alter your path."

"Josh is in the bush somewhere. He was one of the first ones in there to hold the perimeter until backup arrived," said Tyler.

Liam looked up onto the sky and then back down to Tyler. "He's safe Tyler, and trust your instinct. We're all connected and when someone is in trouble, everyone else knows."

Rob was quiet, but he was listening and watching everything going on. The sound of a bullet bouncing off the ambulance surprised everyone.

"I've had enough of him," stated Liam calmly. Liam looked the direction of the shooter and his eyes glowed brightly. "There are two of them, and both of their rifles just jammed. Now they can't stop head butting the tree in front of them." About a minute later, Liam spoke again, "Both of them are unconscious now, and will awaken with splitting headaches."

Jared was smiling, "Hitting their heads on the tree? That took imagination Liam."

"The tree was handy, and short of something more drastic or permanent..." replied Liam.

"You have that type of control?" asked Rob.

"Sometimes it works like that, and other times we can't interfere," replied Jared.

"Liam, why don't we go out there and bring those two bozo's in?" asked Tyler.

Liam smiled, "Sounds like a plan, brother Tyler."

"Shall we go, Brother Liam," asked Tyler as the two of them headed into the trees.

"You guys are so casual about this," sated Rob.

Jared smiled, "We've been together so long as a family, and we don't even think about it Rob. It's all so normal to us now, and to be honest Rob; we have never been so open with our gifts to someone like this."

"I have so many questions Jared," replied Rob.

"Questions are good Rob, but hold them until we can get together after this stand-off is done," answered Jared.

They both turned to look at Liam and Tyler carrying two young men over their shoulders. Both were having no problems with the load, or carrying the weapons they had been using. They continued walking down the road to the headquarters, with Jared and Rob following behind them. As they entered the Headquarters area, a few people came forward to ask what had happened and take the men off their shoulders. They explained how they had been sniped at they had seen the men running into a tree after they had finished their shots. The Regional Police Inspector looked deep into Jared's eyes as he was reciting the story, and finally nodded his head in acceptance. The Inspector invited them to the briefing which would start in a few minutes.

The briefing covered the location of the kids and the locations of the various men in the building. They did appear to be well armed and the building reinforced from most weapons the police would be using. The start of the event had been totally unexpected. A patrol member of the regional police had stopped in at the camp to speak with one of the cook's and advise her of a death in the family. As he drove into the yard, an alarm sounded and men started to run around in the compound with guns. The patrol officer got out of the compound quickly, but not before his rear window was shot out.

Their intention is to maintain containment, and talk with the church crew to solve it peacefully. Their contact has not gone well with the pastor, but they would continue speaking. What the police are afraid of is another Waco or Jim Jones event happening.

Jared, Liam and Rod found Tyler and Josh in the area where the free coffee and donuts were being served.

Rob had a big smile on his face, "This is a real stereotype guys, Cops eating donuts!"

About 6 officers in the area gave him the finger, but had donut filled smiles on their faces.

"Suicidal Rob? I mean, insulting cops when you're surrounded by them," laughed Jared.

Tyler was enjoying this. "We just consider the source of the comment being from an ambulance driver."

Liam and Jared gave Tyler the finger.

"We need to end this before it goes too far," stated Jared.

Liam was nodding his head in agreement. "It has to end before people get hurt."

"How can you do that," asked Rob.

"It's easy Rob. Would you and Liam pick up the pieces of the lights which were shot off and bring the ambulance into the big staging area? I need to have a chat with the Inspector. I believe he is a sensitive and has an awareness of us Liam. I want to try and suggest to him we could help," explained Jared.

Tyler and Josh had been assigned to look after the ambulance crews as they were now just considered to be extra. The Inspector was a sensitive, and Jared spoke with him for a few minutes. He didn't give him a lot of information, but the Inspector would contact Jared if he needed something.

It was about 10 minutes later Jared realized he hadn't seen Liam or Rob return with the ambulance. He grabbed Josh and Tyler and they went looking for them. When they got to the ambulance, the back doors were open and the jump kits were missing. They looked around and saw tracks coming out of the weeds along the road and onto the road. They also located four sets of tracks heading back into the ditch. The weeds and undergrowth indicated they had travelled across the ditch and into the forest.

"They've been taken," Tyler said excited.

Josh was upset, "Those fuckers. We got to get them back before they get hurt."

"You got that right Josh, let's head in and follow them," said Tyler.

Jared just smiled as he stared in the direction the men had been taken. "That's not necessary guys. They're both safe, and walking to the compound."

"Let's go get them before they are hurt," said Tyler quickly.

Jared stood with his hands in front and fingers spread. His hands were glowing white. "Enough!" said Jared with enough force to shake the ground. "They've taken my soulmate, and we will now deal with the evil this man has been spreading, but it will be done the right way."

Jared put his hands by his side, and the glowing dissipated. He turned his head down the road, and closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, he looked at Tyler and Josh.

"What are we going to do? I mean as our tribe of brothers," said Josh.

"I have a plan," stated Jared. "But, I only want to repeat it once."

"What do you mean once?" Tyler asked. As he was asking, the Regional Police Inspector came running around the corner of the ambulance.

"I have never been summoned somewhere like that before," the Inspector said a little miffed when he saw Jared with the two city police officers. "What is this all about?"

"We don't have a lot of time Sir, so I will cut to the chase," said Jared calmly. "Rob and Liam have been taken by gunpoint to the camp. I am believing it to be a couple of the crazy pastor's men who grabbed them."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? How long ago? You are not helping the situation by not telling us and obstructing..." He was cut off in rant when Jared had enough of listening to him.

Jared moved his hands, palms out from his body towards the Inspector. His eyes started to glow white, and it rapidly spread to his entire body.

The Inspector stepped back. "You're more than a sensitive young man."

"I am a lot more than just a sensitive Inspector. You may never have the opportunity to meet another full Shaman. I am Jared, the Sacred Medicine Man of the People. Liam, one of the men taken is also a Shaman and Medicine Man." Jared used his hands to indicate towards Josh and Tyler. "These two men with me are our protectors and both have the spirit of timber wolves. The other man who was taken is the ambulance service manager, and not of the spirit," said Jared very clearly.

"We need to get going and rescue your people," said the Inspector.

"There is no need for your intervention now Inspector. He has taken my soulmate prisoner, and the Creator is sending me to deal with the evil in that camp. There is no one in any danger now, except the evil ones," explained Jared. "They will be dealt with by Liam and I, and if they survive the encounter, they will never forget meeting us. I need your men ready to move in after we're done with them. We don't take care of prisoners."

"Move in when?"

"We will send the children out through the front doors, and then shortly thereafter the adults. It will be peaceful," said Jared.

"I don't get this, but I will do it Jared," said the Inspector.

As he was speaking, two of the biggest timber wolves he had ever seen walked out of the forest and sat next to Jared, looking up at him. The Inspector stepped backwards in shock.

Jared ceased to glow, and he looked down and rubbed both of them on their heads. "Did you two get lost?"

The one wolf whined and looked at the other. Jared laughed at this. "Troy, you know better than to follow Darren's directions. He has no sense of direction as man let alone a spirit." Both of the wolves whined. "You two settle it later," said Jared laughing. He then looked up at the Inspector. "These are my other two protectors, Darren and Troy. Inspector, Josh and Tyler will be entering a meditative state in the back of the ambulance and will need protection while they are in meditation, and no one to bother them. Can you do that?"

"Yes, I can," said the Inspector. Tyler and Josh entered the back of the ambulance, closing the doors behind them. Jared walked around the entire unit and locked all the doors. Two more huge wolves came out of the ditch and trotted to the first two. They greeted each other, and then sat two on each side of Jared.

"We're ready to go in Inspector," said Jared.

"Good luck Jared and friends," said the Inspector.

"Luck has nothing to do with it Inspector. I am a messenger who is being sent by the Creator to deliver it." Jared smiled a wicked smile when he said, "And they don't stand a chance against Liam, our wolf spirit protectors and I."

The Inspector looked into Jared's eyes deeply. "I truly believe what you are saying Jared. I just wish I could watch this."

Jared looked at the four wolves and nodded his head slightly towards the treeline. They each barked once and headed to the trees with their noses down towards the ground. They stopped at the treeline

The wolves had found the trail left by their friends, and they looked at Jared and yipped.

"Go ahead guys," called out Jared. "Do not be seen and stay in the treeline around the camp." They yipped and all pushed and shoved each other trying to be first as they disappeared into the trees.

"They are like that even when not in their spirit guide forms. Good brotherly competition," Jared said to the Inspector.

The inspector was using his phone to call for men to guard the ambulance. He was thinking to himself that he had no clue who these guys were or what the hell was going on, but he knew the bad guys were about to meet more than their match. He watched as Jared walked towards the treeline and disappeared. He shook his head. Jared didn't walk into the treeline; the Inspector knew he had seen him disappear.