Parker's Story Ch. 04: First Date

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leading the way even though she didn't know where she was going, Parker cut across an intersection and started down the other side of the road, turning this way and that with Grayson dutifully following. Eventually they got to a quieter neighborhood with humble secondhand stores. Something sounded in the distance and it took a minute for Parker to recognize music. It reminded her of the breathy song she'd heard in Grayson's car and she headed toward it, curious. They rounded another corner and came face-to-face with a swinging neon sign that instantly had her blushing.

"Interesting," Grayson whispered next to her, amused. She knew why: she's led them right to the door of a sex shop. Unintentionally, of course, but it didn't matter. Parker stared up at the sign and listened to the music flowing through the cracked door. They could just turn around and walk back to his car and he probably wouldn't say anything about it, but she suddenly didn't want him to think she was in any way embarrassed by this. She took a step toward the door and looked back at her companion, glad to see he was surprised. Snapping out if it, he grinned and followed her in.

The music got louder once they were inside but it wasn't overpowering and she was able to easily ignore it. There were racks of clothing dominating the floor, shelves of various objects smashed between them, and the walls were lined with metal shelves and display cases. A few mannequins with lace and leather outfits popped up here and there, but other than that the place seemed empty. Not that it matters, Parker thought forcefully. She could be seen here and not be embarrassed by it. After all, she'd used a few of these toys herself at some point.

Going to what she was most familiar with, she began exploring the lingerie. Nightgowns and teddies were displayed on the same rack and she thumbed through them with little interest. Now that she was inside, she began to sweat nervously. She'd been in shops like this before, both in person and online, but that wasn't what bothered her: it was Grayson. He watched her with wicked eyes, amusement still burning in them, but said nothing. It was unnerving. She gave up and left, speed walking back out onto the sidewalk. Grayson followed, hands still in his pockets, whistling a low tune.

"Nothing you liked in there, huh?" he teased. Parker ignored him and tried not to blush. Going in had been a stupid idea. He let the subject drop and let her lead him back to the car, once again opening the door for her. The sun was starting to dip down and her stomach growled. "Dinner time." They pulled out of the lot and sped down the road opposite the way they'd come, away from her house.

"You didn't ask, but I thought we'd go somewhere a little nicer. Hope that's okay." She just nodded, still a little uncomfortable, and he let out an exaggerated sigh. "Would you please lighten up, it was just a toy store. No big deal." She could tell he wanted to laugh and was glad he didn't. She listened to him though, and pushed the store from her mind.

"Tell me about your sister," she said. He seemed surprised at the rapid change in topics but followed her into it smoothly.

"My ridiculous parents named her Peggy Mary. Not her first and middle name, her actual first name. Poor kid. She's nineteen now, living in Boston. She wants to be an actress but I'm pretty sure that's been put on hold."

"You're close?"

"In a way. I guess we're as close as two people who share a past they don't talk about can get." Parker just nodded, not sure what to say to that. She assumed that past had something to do with his parents, but she would wait to hear about it when he was ready.

"And you're . . . twenty-eight? Twenty-nine?" She couldn't believe she hadn't bothered asking his age before. He'd told her he was fresh out of college when he got his job at Ruwake High, and he'd been there for four years, so he had to be in his late twenties. Grayson nodded with a chuckle.

"Twenty-eight, yes." The conversation was cut off when they pulled off the road in front of—Parker did a double take—The Mushroom Cloud, one of the only vegetarian restaurants in the city. Parker looked over at Grayson with a happy grin.

"You're going to hate this place," she informed him, getting out before he could come around and open her door for her. She waited for him on the sidewalk and then let him lead her inside. The interior was simple, green and silver meeting in a less-obnoxious way than she would have thought. A server greeted them and led them to a table Grayson had apparently reserved. Parker watched him with slight awe as they slid into a booth halfway between the doors and the kitchens.

"You're surprised." He picked up a menu and instead of looking through it, handed it to her. Her eyebrows shot up. "I'm going to let you order for me." He flashed her a toothy grin and she couldn't help but laugh.

"Hmmm," she said, flipping through the entrees, "Should I ease you into the vegetarian lifestyle or push you?" She pointed with feigned excitement at a picture of tofu tacos and seaweed chips. "Perfect."

"You're enjoying this a little too much."

"Not possible." The waiter came over and looked to Grayson for their drink order, but he gestured to Parker. She ordered two waters and went back to looking at the menu. When he came back with two glasses she handed the menu to him. "I'll have the chipotle macaroni, and he'll have the mushroom alfredo. And an order of tomato toast for the table, please." The waiter jotted it down and disappeared. Grayson caught her eye and held it.

"Mushroom alfredo?" he asked.

"Do you not like mushrooms?"

"No, I do." She didn't understand the way he was looking at her and she wriggled a little in her seat. "Sit still," he ordered, his voice barely a whisper. Parker froze. Acting as if nothing had happened, he set his elbows on the table and steepled his fingers. "You told me about your past earlier. Now it's my turn."

Parker settled in, excited to hear more about him. He rested his chin atop his fingers. "Let's see. I was a pretty normal kid growing up. I played football until I was fifteen. Then I discovered art and pretty much cut all ties with athletics, which pissed my dad off to no end. Maybe that's why I did it at first, then I grew to love it. It took me a while to settle into ceramics, and even longer to realize I was shit with a paintbrush." Parker smiled. "I had a few friends, but I spent most of my time alone. When I was eighteen I moved to Chicago and—don't laugh—formed a band. When that tragically fell apart I went to college there for two years, then Peg called and told me that our parents had been in a car accident. I think they were killed instantly.

"Peg was still underage so I had to move back and assume custody of her. I went to college online and got my degree, and we lived together until a year ago. Just like me, she hit eighteen and had to get the hell out of dodge. I can't blame her. She liked our parents more than I did, loved them, actually, so being stuck in that house didn't haunt her the way it did me. It bothered her for other reasons."

Parker wasn't sure what to say. "I'm sorry," she stuttered in a low voice. The waiter came back with their appetizer and Grayson leaned back. A plate was set in front of each of them and Parker gave the waiter a small smile before he left again. She took a piece of toast and waited for Grayson to do the same.

"What is this exactly?" Grayson asked, examining his piece.

"Toast. Tomato. Avocado. Some spices. I make this at home sometimes if I'm feeling fancy." She watched him bring the colorful food to his lips, still unsure. When he finally took a bite his nose scrunched up and he looked like he wanted to spit it out. Parker nearly burst at the seams as she giggled. "Let's hope the pasta is better," he mumbled, putting the toast back down. She devoured her own piece and pulled another onto her plate while he drank his water to get rid of the taste.

"You're so dramatic," she chided. He crossed his arms, staring at her, and she became fully aware that her mouth was stuffed with bread. She gulped it down, almost choking, and he snickered.

"Your table manners are a bigger issue, but we'll fix that." His tone went from serious to smoldering, his entire face changing with each word. Parker's mouth went dry and she took a sip of water.

"We will?"

"If you want."

"I do." The words came unbidden and spilled out before she could think. "I mean . . ." She tried to backtrack but couldn't think of anything to say. Grayson smirked.

"I know what you mean, Parker." They both fell silent, though he continued to stare at her, until their entrees were delivered. She watched him twirl the pasta around his fork with jealousy: she'd been taught to cut hers up and whenever she tried to swirl it, it fell apart before it got to her mouth. He took a bite, the tip of his tongue flashing along the bottom of the fork as he pulled it from his lips, and a trill went down her spine. Good god, he's even hot when he's eating, she thought as he chewed. Remembering her own food, she dove into her macaroni with more elegance than she'd had with the bread.

"How is it?" she asked a minute later after he'd taken a few more bites.

"Surprisingly good." Smug delight ran through her bones but she didn't gloat. They finished eating quickly, as though they had somewhere important to be, but Parker was pretty sure he was dropping her back at home when they left. The thought made her sad, and that made her worry. She couldn't already be that attached to him.

"So," Grayson started, pulling her out of her head, "are you done?" His own plate was empty and she glanced down at hers. Empty. "Dessert?"

"No, I'm full."

"Me too." He smiled over at her and when she didn't reciprocate, he nudged her under the table with his foot. Her head snapped up. "Everything okay?"

"Mmm," she said vaguely. In truth, she didn't want the night to end. Even just casually talking with him made her happy and the thought of going back to her empty house brought her mood down.

"Parker."

"Yeah?" She was still distracted. Pursing his lips, Grayson motioned the waiter over and paid their bill quickly. He pulled her from the booth and she gave a startled yelp. "Oops," she mumbled, having drawn curious glances. She adjusted her dress and let Grayson march her from the restaurant.

"Explain what's on your mind, please," he said as soon as they were clear of the doors. Night had fallen and the warm air was marred by a steadily gaining wind. Parker wrapped her arms around herself and followed him to his car, where he turned on her with a furrowed brow.

"I'm fine."

"I didn't ask if you were fine, I asked what was on your mind." Parker bit back her retort.

"I don't have to tell you," she said matter-of-factly. His eyes narrowed.

"I'm aware of that, Parker. But we were having a nice time, I don't know what upset you. Was it me?" Manipulative man, she thought. He knew her well enough to know she couldn't let him blame himself. He did seem genuinely concerned though, and that's what did her in.

"Of course not. I just . . ." she struggled to find words that wouldn't make her sound needy or desperate. She failed. "I don't want you to take me home yet. That's all." Grayson's serious expression vanished and a smile appeared.

"Why didn't you just say that? Silly girl." They got in the car and the engine purred to life. Back on the road and speeding away, Parker asked where they were going. He just kept smiling. They raced through the city and it wasn't long before trees replaced buildings. Parker stared out the window, confused. Were they leaving Ruwake? Before she could raise some kind of alarm they turned onto a dirt road. Grayson flashed his high beams so they didn't crash into a tree and they made their way slowly to a fork.

"Left or right?" Grayson asked, glancing over at her. Both routes were identical so she chose at random.

"Right."

"So be it." They took said road as it bent around a cluster of boulders, and when they cleared them Parker gasped. A beautiful pond came into view, flowers and wild bushes dotting the clearing around it. A wooden bench sat near the water's edge and they rolled to a stop a few feet from it.

"Where did the left fork go?" she said, tugging another grin from the quiet Grayson. They got out and he linked his arm through hers as they walked to the bench and sat. "How did you know this was here?" She'd lived in Ruwake for most of her life and hadn't known this little Eden existed.

"I just did." Parker wasn't pleased with his answer but didn't want to break the peaceful silence more than necessary. After a few minutes, she leaned her head against his broad shoulder and he unwound their arms so he could hold her. His hand rubbed her arm slowly, gently, and she purred contently.

"You shouldn't have shown me this place," she whispered. "I'm going to steal it from you now." Grayson let out a breathy laugh.

"I guess we'll have to share." Parker liked that idea and she nuzzled closer to him, loving the smell of him mingled with the many layers of the forest. His oaky scent fit right in, she realized. A ripple in the water drew her attention and she watched tiny fish leap to the surface and then disappear back into the depths. It was such a perfect moment that she took another mental picture. Raising her head, she looked at her companion and saw he'd already been staring at her. On a whim, because she was so happy and he looked so breathtaking in the moonlight, she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his.

Grayson's eyes widened for a split second before he kissed her back with a tenderness that sent a shock through her. He ran his fingertips over her arms, moving up her shoulders and her neck until he gripped the sides of her head gently but firmly. Parker wound her arms around him, her tongue flicking out to graze his before dancing away. The teasing kiss changed slowly under Grayson's command, becoming something deeper, and her heart hammered against her ribs. He nipped her lower lip and wound his fingers together behind her head, locking her to him.

Parker got lost in him, his taste intoxicating her and his touch setting her on fire, and it wasn't long before her breathing hitched. Just when she thought she might lose it he pulled back, his hands still locked together at the nape of her neck. Her glassy eyes refocused on him and she could see his breathing was uneven, too. She affected him. The thought nearly brought her to orgasm.

"That wasn't supposed to happen," he said throatily.

"You say that a lot." Grayson chuckled, though his body was still rigid with desire.

"Only to you," he replied. Parker loved that. Her eyes dropped to his lips, so full and ready to kiss hers again, and then to his lap. Unabashed delight washed over her as she saw his erection straining against his pants. Licking her lips unconsciously, she had to stop herself from reaching out and stroking it. She forced her gaze back up and the look on Grayson's face sent another steady stream of longing through her veins. Hungry. That was the only way to describe his expression.

"Do you want to taste me, Parker?" he asked. A groan escaped her.

"We can't," she whispered, hating herself for saying it but knowing she had to. "You're not my Dom." Yet, she finished automatically in her head, shocking herself. She was clearly attracted to him, as was evident, but did she know enough about him yet to really want to promise herself to him? She didn't even know his kinks. He could be into totally different things, she realized. The thought sobered her. But no one is indifferent to oral, another part of her mind responded. Even if things didn't work out with them and they didn't go that next step, there was no reason not to continue the track they were currently riding. And she wanted to taste him so badly.

Grayson, ignorant of her revelations, removed his hands from her neck and nodded. She wanted to protest, to unzip his pants with her teeth and pull free his erection, but he got up and walked toward the water.

"You're right," he said finally. The touch of regret in his tone almost had her crawling on her knees to him but she stopped herself, wondering when the hell she'd gotten so desperate. "I think this was a good starting point. Maybe next time we can talk about more intimate things." Parker flushed. Did he want to talk about their sexual histories? Their time spent in the lifestyle, and their likes and dislikes? Their limits? She hoped so and that revelation, so obvious now that she thought about it, wiped away some of her lingering doubts about Grayson. As long as their interests weren't wildly different, and she didn't think they would be, she saw no reason not to submit to him.

A wonderful surge of pleasure drilled straight into her heart. She still had reservations and doubts, and Matthew still curtailed the edges of her desire, but she looked at Grayson's calm form and felt something she hadn't felt in years.

She felt hope.

12