Part 01: Lance - Matters of the Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Uh, are you hungry?" I asked her. "We've got plenty."

"Okay."

We ate and then we hung around my house for the rest of the evening. Billy was playing some tunes on his guitar and the guys were watching television and making fun of the actors and actresses. Miranda and I walked out onto the porch for some alone time. We sat on the porch swing. She was quiet.

"Are you all right?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Just thinking."

"What about?"

She was quiet for a minute. "Do you remember the Indecence Day party? At the river?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I missed it, though."

"I was there," she said. "There were some cute college guys there. Raven kept flirting with them."

I chuckled. "That figures." I was running my fingers through her silky hair.

"Well, I had been drinking," she continued. "Raven had disappeared. When one of those college guys offered to drive me home, I thought he was just being generous . . . " She began to cry.

"Miranda . . . "

"I tried to stop him," she went on. "I tried to fight him off, but . . . "

"Shh . . . " I pulled her to me and she cried into my shoulder. "I wish I had known. I would never have . . . I wouldn't have been so . . . "

She pulled away and looked at me. "No. Don't feel bad. That was nice. You made me feel . . . " she stopped, searching for the right words. "Well, you just made me feel. I have not felt much of anything for such a long time. Thank you."

We heard the front door open.

"Hey . . . " Billy said and then he noticed Miranda's tear streaked face. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," Miranda told him. She got up and went inside.

Billy looked at me. "Is she all right?"

"Yeah," I told him. "She just . . . I didn't realize how much I've missed her."

"Wow," said Ronnie. "That is deep."

I laughed. "Shut up."

"Well, Lance, I have to get going," Billy said. "My father will freak if I'm not home when he gets home."

I looked at him. "Really?"

"Yeah," he said, looking as if he had just revealed a deep, dark secret. "I think it's the alcohol."

"Oh. Okay."

"You guys want a life?" Billy asked the others.

After they had left, I went inside and found Miranda in the family room, watching Lifetime Television. I sat beside her.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

"I am so sorry, Miranda," I said, sympathetically. "I wish I could do something."

She smiled, softly. "Just hold me."

I pulled her closer and squeezed her gently.

"I love you, Miranda," I uttered impulsively.

She sat up and turned to look at me. "What?"

I looked into her eyes. "I love you. I have this feeling," I said, taking her hand and placing it over my racing heart, "right here. It get's stronger every time I see you. It's scaring the hell out of me."

"I think I'm feeling it, too," she told me.

"Really?"

She nodded. "I love you."

I placed my hand on the back of her neck and pulled her face to mine and kissed her. I gently eased my tongue into her mouth and anticipation swept through us like fire. I want her badly, but I did not rush it. Her lips never left mine, but I felt her hands move to my shirt and she began to unbutton the buttons. After she undid the last button, I felt her hands on my bare chest. Her lips left mine and traveled down my neck, to my chest and then to my stomach. Then, she kissed her way back up to my neck, where she kissed and nibbled until I was about to burst.

I gripped her shoulders with my hands and pulled her back up to face me and I kissed her lips again. We rose and I laid her on her back at the end of the couch. I pulled my shirt off and tossed it on the floor. She raised up and I pulled off her blouse, and threw it next to mine, revealing a light pink bra, which she removed next. I just stared at her for a long moment.

"You are so beautiful," I whispered to her.

I kissed her again and eased her backward. My lips left hers and traveled downward, taking each nipple into my mouth. My hands moved under her skirt and removed her panties. My fingers caressed her silky curls and then I eased one finger into her wetness. She moaned my name, sounding more like a plea.

"Tell me," I urged her, my voice low. "Tell me what you want, Miranda."

She did not make a sound. Yet she moaned and arched her back when I began to move my finger back and forth inside her.

"Lance," she pleaded. "Please."

I pulled my finger from her. She helped me out of my jeans, and then out of my boxer shorts, revealing myself to her. She smiled when she saw how badly I wanted her. I leaned down and kissed her, positioning myself at her opening. But this time, unlike before, I hesitated.

She felt my hesitation and smiled, reassuringly. "It's okay," she promised. "I'm on the pill."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

She nodded. "My mother made me. Just in case," she added.

I smiled and then kissed her, pressing forward. She inhaled sharply and I felt her long fingernails dig into my back and shoulders when I entered her. I began to move inside her. The sensation was so intense that I found myself holding my breath several times. She cried out with each thrust, her cries echoing throughout the small house. I felt her fingernails breaking my skin, but I was not ready to stop and complain. I felt her shudder beneath me right before I came inside her.

Our cries mingled as we came back down from our climax. We laid there, still entwined, for several minutes, before either of us spoke. I leaned up and looked into her flushed face. I kissed her.

"I love you."

"I love you, too," she replied, breathlessly.

A few seconds later, there was a loud bang on the front door and both of us let out a sound of annoyance. I kissed her again and rose. She gathered up her clothes and went to the bathroom. I pulled on my jeans and went to open the door. It was my friends with two large pizzas and two big bottles of soda pop. I glared at them, clearly irritated.

"Are we celebrating?" I asked, dryly.

"Yes," Billy replied.

"Yes? Celebrating what?"

"Are you going to let us in or what?" Devon asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Come in."

They followed me into the kitchen and put the stuff on the table.

"Hey, what happened to your back?" Ronnie asked me.

"Huh?"

"It looks like you've been attacked."

I almost laughed. "Um . . . " Before I could respond, Miranda walked into the kitchen.

"I am going to go," she said, kissing me.

"Okay."

I walked her to the door. She kissed me again. It was meant to be a quick kiss, but I held onto her and kissed her deeply. We pulled back and I hugged her, holding onto her a moment longer.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too."

I gave her a gentle squeeze and then released her. After she had left, I turned around to see my friends staring at me.

"What?"

"Did we interrupt something?" Dalton asked me.

I considered ignoring him, but instead, I said, "If you had been a few minutes earlier, you would have."

They exchanged glances and then began to hoot and holler. I felt myself blush. Billy came closer and patted me on my back.

"I am happy for you," he told me. "Really. Just be careful."

"Thanks, Billy, but her mother took precautions already."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Just in case," I said.

I stepped into the bathroom to examine my back. There were dozens of scratches, caused from Miranda's fingernails. "Damn," I said, under my breath. "I must have done something right."

"Beginners' luck," Ronnie said from behind me and we laughed.

I followed them back into the kitchen.

"So, what are we celebrating?" I asked them.

"Well," Billy said. "I got a call from the guy that owns the Roadhouse Pub. He wants us to play there in two weeks."

"The bar?" I asked and he nodded. "Really?"

"Yeah," he said. "So we should put in overtime at rehearsals."

"Awesome," said I.

"Yeah. He said that if we do well, he will give us a paying job, playing every weekend."

"That is awesome," I said, helping myself to the pizza.

I called Miranda later that night and told her about the audition.

"Are you nervous?" she asked me.

"Don't be surprised if I vomit on stage."

She laughed. "That bad, huh?"

"Still, if you come, it might not be so bad," I told her.

"Really?"

"Yeah. So, will you come?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," she said.

"Terrific. I love you so much."

"I love you more," she replied. "Tonight was wonderful."

"Really? I was so nervous."

"I could not tell."

"I was."

She giggled. "Well, I am going to bed. I will see you tomorrow."

There was a dance at the Civic Center that Friday night and Miranda was my date. The guys rode in Billy's car, while Miranda and I followed in my father's Jeep.

I could not take my eyes off Miranda that night. The dress she had on was the same shade of blue as her eyes and I thought she looked amazing. We pulled into the parking lot and lucked into a spot next to Billy's car. I turned the Jeep off and turned to look at her. I caressed her face with my hand.

"I can't believe how beautiful you look tonight," I told her, before I could stop myself.

She blushed. "Thank you."

I leaned in and kissed her, a little harder than I intended but she cupped my face and kissed me back. I pulled away, breaking our kiss.

"Come on," I told her. "If we keep this up, we'll never make it inside."

"Would that be so horrible?" she asked.

"No," I replied, kissing her again. "Not if I am with you."

I climbed out of the jeep and went around to open Miranda's door. She took my hand, when I offered it, and climbed out. She put her arms around my neck and kissed me, throwing off my balance and we fell against the Jeep. We laughed and went to go find my friends.

We danced the first dance that night, which was a fast paced one to get our blood pumping. Miranda and I danced every other dance after that, resting between. Halfway into the dance, Miranda excused herself and went to the girl's room with Raven. I went to our table and sat down to catch my breath.

"Everyone has been talking about you two," Billy informed me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You and Miranda have been the topic of conversation all night?" he said.

"Why?"

"I think people are just jealous," Devon told me. "I overheard people saying how much in love you and Miranda are."

"I do love her," I admitted. "I want to ask her to marry me."

"What?"

"Are you serious?" Billy followed.

I nodded. "I am."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the ring and placed it in front of them. Billy picked it up and opened it. He and Devon both whistled under their breath.

"Wow," said Devon. "That is nice."

"When are you going to ask her?" Billy asked me.

"Tonight," I told him. "If the timing is right."

He handed the ring back to me. "Good luck."

"Thanks."

Miranda and Raven came out of the bathroom and Miranda sat beside me, moving her chair closer to mine.

Ronnie came staggering over to our table. "Dude, I think someone put something in the punch," he said. "That's some good stuff."

"How much did you drink?" Billy asked him.

"Enough. I think I'm drunk."

"Don't drink anymore," I told him. "You don't want to get caught."

"Good idea," he said. "Ooh, I feel sick." He sat.

A slow song began and Miranda stood up and took my hand.

"Dance with me," she requested and I got up. She led me out onto the dance floor and I held her close.

"I love you, Miranda. I cannot tell you enough."

When she looked up at me there was so much love in her eyes that it almost took my breath away. "I love you, too, Lance. My mother thinks we are moving too fast."

"What do you think?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I love you and, right now, that's all I need to know."

We kissed and then I pulled her close while we danced. When the song ended, we went back to our table. I looked at Ronnie when I sat down.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"If I don't move, no one will notice," he replied.

"Let us hope that no one does anyway," Devon said. "These dances are held to keep us out of trouble."

Thankfully, no one got caught. We all danced the last dance and then we headed out the door.

"Do you all want to grab some pizza and go back to my house?" I asked everybody. "It's not late and I'm wired."

They agreed, so we stopped at the Pizza Palace on the way home and then went home.

"You look so beautiful tonight," I said to Miranda. "I almost can't keep my eyes off you."

She smiled at me. "Does it turn you on?"

I looked at her. "Yeah."

"Good," she said and smiled that beautiful smile that I loved so much.

When we pulled into my driveway, I turned off the engine and turned and looked at her for a moment.

She looked at me. "Is something wrong?"

"No. Nothing is wrong." I looked away for a moment and took a deep breath. I looked at her again. "What would you say if I asked you to marry me?"

Her eyes widened and she stared at me for a long moment. Her face softened. "Um . . . I think that I would probably say yes."

"Really?"

She nodded. I remained quiet for a few minutes.

"Well, I am asking."

"What?"

"Will you marry me?" I stared into her eyes. "I don't mean now, or anytime soon. After graduation, or maybe college, but whenever you are ready. I know that asking seems crazy for me, but I love you and it hurts to leave your side. I almost want to cry whenever I take you home."

There were tears in her eyes and I hoped and prayed that it was a good sign. "Do you really love me that much?" she asked me.

"More than that, Miranda."

She smiled, then. "Yes."

I smiled. "Yeah?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the ring box. She gasped when I slid the ring onto her finger.

"Oh, my . . . " she whispered. "Lance. It is beautiful."

I kissed her lips, gently. "Come on. Let's go inside."

Ronnie was passed out on the couch when we walked in the door, but the guys were in the kitchen, talking about music and helping themselves to the pizza. I put on a movie and we gathered in the living room, trying not to disturb Ronnie.

An hour through the movie, Miranda got up and went into the kitchen. A few seconds later, I got up and followed her. She was drinking a glass of milk when I entered the kitchen. I walked up behind her and put my arms around her waist. She leaned backward against me and I kissed her cheek.

"I love you," I whispered into her ear.

She turned to face me, putting her arms around my neck and kissing me. I felt her lounge in my mouth. If we had been alone in the house, I would have taken her right there, but I had to control myself, so I just continued to kiss her. My hand traveled upward until it found her breast. I could feel her nipple poking through the thin fabric of her dress and I teased it. She moaned, softly.

"I want you," I whispered. "I have been wanting you all night."

"I know." She rubbed herself against the front of my jeans and knew I was telling the truth.

She began to kiss her way down my chest, unbuttoning my shirt along the way. I felt her unbuckle my jeans and then she unzipped them. When she freed me, I could not believe my eyes. She wrapped her hand around the shaft and when she teased it with her tongue, I gasped.

"M--Miranda," I stammered, when she took me into her mouth. "What if someone walks in?"

"So," was her reply. "Let them."

I kept my eyes on the doorway, but I was not about to stop her from doing what she was doing. My fingers clutched the counter top so tight that my knuckles were white. A few minutes later, I found myself seizing onto a handful of her hair with my fists, but she didn't complain, nor was she letting up.

"Miranda, I'm going to . . . " Before I could finish, I gushed into her mouth. I heard her swallow. A few seconds later, she stood up and smiled at me. I just stared at her in disbelief. I could not believe what just happened and with my friends in the very next room "Where did you learn how to do that?" I asked, quickly fixing my jeans.

She shrugged. "I read about it in a magazine once and wanted to try it."

My eyes widened. "Oh "

She smiled, kissed me, and then took a drink of her milk.

A few seconds later, Billy walked into the kitchen. Miranda and I looked at each other, wide eyed.

"Do you mind if I take a shower?" Miranda asked me.

"No. Go ahead."

She kissed me and left the room. I stood still for a moment, because my legs felt like jelly. Billy helped himself to a glass of iced tea and then he looked at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

I looked at him. "Why?"

"Your face looks flushed, is all," he said. "I thought maybe you were sick or something."

"No. I am fine."

He and I walked back into the living room.

When we sat down, Billy looked at me. "So," he said. "Did you do it?"

I looked at him. "What?" Then I remembered. "Oh, uh, yeah."

"What did you think I was talking about?" he asked, curiously.

"Never mind," I told him.

"So, you really asked her?" he asked me again.

"Asked who what?" Dalton butted in.

"Yes," I told Billy.

"What did she say?"

I just smiled.

He raised an eyebrow. "She said yes?"

I nodded.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"What are you two talking about?" Dalton asked, impatiently.

I looked at him. "I asked Miranda to marry me."

"Whoa " he nearly shouted. "Seriously?"

"Yes."

"Awesome "

"You know," Devon said. "I saw this coming."

"Yeah?" said I.

"Yeah. Anyone could have. The way you are when you are with her."

Fifteen minutes later, Miranda came out of the bathroom wearing sweat pants and a spaghetti strap to that left little to the imagination. She sat beside me and I put my arm around her. Billy found a movie of the Science Fiction channel, but by the time it had ended, Miranda had fallen asleep in my arms.

"Lance," Devon said. "I think we might crash here tonight."

"Go ahead," I told him. "I would welcome the company."

"You don't mind?" Billy asked.

"Of course not," I told him.

"She must really trust you to fall asleep on your arms," Dalton told me.

I smiled at him. "I sure hope so."

I moved a strand of hair from her face and looked at her for a moment. I could not believe how much more beautiful she had become since we were kids. It made me proud to know that she was mine. I tried to get up gently, so that I would not wake her, and then I cradled her in my arms and carried her back to my bedroom. After I laid her on my bed, I went back out and said good night to my friends. When I got back to my bedroom, I closed the door behind me and got undressed down to my boxer shorts and climbed into bed. I put my arm around her and kissed her neck softly. Soon, I fell asleep.

Everyone was awake when I got up the next morning, except Ronnie, who was sawing logs on the floor.

"Good morning," I greeted.

"Sleep well?" Billy asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. "Better than I have in a long time." He just grinned at me. "Are you guys hungry?"

"Yeah," Devon said.

"Starving," Dalton followed.

"You cook?" Billy asked me.

I chuckled. "Yeah. There are many things you guys do not know about me."

I went into the kitchen and began to fry the bacon while I got the eggs ready to scramble. Billy came into the kitchen a few minutes later, his writing tablet in hand.

"Working on another song?" I asked him.

"Nah," he replied. "Just ideas."

"Cool," I said. "I woke up this morning and rolled over and when I saw Miranda lying there beside me, I had to smile. It just felt right, you know?"

"Yeah."

Dalton and Devon came in and sat at the kitchen table. Ronnie followed a few minutes later.

"I have got a headache from hell," said Ronnie, holding his head with both hands, like it was about to roll off his shoulders.

"It must have been all that punch you drank last night," Devon joked.