All Comments on 'Patience Pays Off'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 296 Comments (Page 3)
JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

sorry but 12 yrs? Shouldve cut his losses and start over. Now he's too old to have his own child.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ANOTHER CRYING LOSER HUSBAND KNEW OF HIS WHORE WIFE FOR 12 YEARS AND COWARDLY SERVED PAPERS THE DAY HER LOVER DIED - A WIMP LOSER HUSBAND

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Dont

Don't believe he would wait twelve years,he would sue Gene and the firm,show is wife to be an untrust worthy person and get money and joint custody of the kids.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

Twelve years huh? That's not patience, that's justice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why do authors think that college expenses are required by divorce courts, or any court? I know of one case in that sewer called NJ where a judge required parents to pay for school, but I don't think other jurisdictions followed suit. The child is legally an adult at 18, which ends the parental support requirement. In general, of course, most parents want to help with college expenses, so even if they were required to pay for college by the court, it wouldn't actually add to the cost of the divorce. Alimony is also out of fashion. What is more likely, if the wife can't support herself (not "if she needs money to have as much disposable income as the husband"), she gets "maintenance for a few years so she can train for a job. The "getting taken to the cleaners" trope is way over done in LW as an excuse for putting up with adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yeah, I think when the cops become aware he knew what was going on between the slut and her boyfriend, hubby will have a lot of unwanted attention brought his way. What he should have done, is kill the lover a few years earlier. THEN, two years later, file for divorce. And using a gun, that was supposedly stolen from his house? Just dumb. I gave it 4 stars, because the premise of him getting away with this, the way he did it, was flawed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incomplete

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another wimpy cuckold. And she needs to know bio father for possible health reasons

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

He was not a wimpy cuck! He played it smart and got even.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why didn't he kill lover boy 11 1/2 years earlier and then wait to divorce the slut after Hayley graduated from college or even earlier when she hit 18 because he had no obligation to pay for child support or for her college once she was 18, although he always could if he wanted to.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

The only thing that I would have added to the story would be to tell Haley the truth, tell her she was still MY child, then hope she would rain down more pure hell on the slut, and the slut would realize she lost her " connection " to her lover forever. 5 stars!

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Nothing payback

The oversmart wimp husnand murdered her boyfriend 12 years late with a lot of or may be call a trail of loopholes like... Used his own gun reported as theft, documented hint of her own wife the deceased same time in a sordid affair....

Ballastic reports in autopsy and her wifes presence, if not any other... Only these 2 pointa can make him prime suspect

I don't think of him as a smart person but an oversmart fool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your great story has much more potential. You've sold yourself very short on this one. R. Bachman

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked it,good twist

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Whoa, look at all the “20/20 hindsight” Monday morning quarterbacks telling the author how stupid the story is, how it won’t work, he’s going to get caught, he’s a cuck, yadda yadda. Yeah, I think they’re just frustrated because they don’t write stories this good. I would have liked to have seen a little more. You know, what happened when the cops questioned his wife. How the dead guy’s wife reacted when the cops told her who else her hubby was screwing. All the juicy stuff. As for the gun, hey, the cops have to find it before they can point any fingers and it looked to me like the author had that one covered too. Sorry losers, this one’s a Five Star story. Thanks, Hooked1957.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent pay back. The cuckold husband kills his wife’s lover and frames her with his death! Couldn’t happen to a better guy, lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story too bad their wasn't a aftermath conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stale. No reason to feel anything about any of the characters.

FYI: "Like Traci and I, Gene was 55 years old." Should be "Like Traci and ME," The fact that almost everyone on LW gets it wrong just makes it more annoying.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

needs a good epilogue though

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
I Have A Different Opinion

...than most of the commenters.

o If the reader had their brain engaged when they read the story, they would understand why MC waited 12 years. It's the kids, mon! I'm sure he made some financial arrangements along the way as well.

o This is a ONE page SHORT story. If you want detail, read a novel; "War And Peace" anyone? Use your imagination to enjoy this SHORT story.

o Was the MC under suspicion for the parking lot robbery? I'm sure he would be on the list along with the adulteress, and maybe even the victim's wife. So what? Does his alibi hold water? Seems likely.

o Re: Anony 11/29/2021 - Him and me (I did that on purpose) agree that pronouns matter. A quick test for editors is to reduce the sentence subject to just one person - If you think "him agrees" or "me agrees" sounds okay, stop editing immediately. I also hear fingernails on chalkboard noises with the frequent misuse of "lie vs. lay." A few minutes of study after an internet search of "lie vs lay" will fix that problem for our Lit editors.

o Hooker, you wrote an excellent SHORT story that told a complete story. No epilogue nor further detail needed. Thanks for the submission.

o Keep 'em comin'.

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

Outstanding story, the evil doers got their deserving rewards. “Goodnight my clueless husband, I love you”. He was clueless alright. The patience and planning were a stroke of genius. Another great product by a great author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story was written well as usual,but by the time I got to "not Brad Pitt good looks" I knew how the story ends. So I cannot say more than it was too simple,not as good story as it could have been if a reader already suspects the ending just getting into the story....obvious clues--Co worker just buried. Wife taking it to hard. Co worker good looking. Home break in-gun missing.....I finished the story to verify my guess. The only things that I did not anticipate is the wife set up to take the blame for the shooting.The daughter was not his.The length of time he waited to end it. Waiting 12 years is hard to believe/accept... Since he had all this planned out, including setting it up so the wife takes the fall for murder, he had no reason not to execute the plan within a few months of finding out about the infidelity. With her being charged for the murder all the problems he was taking 12 years to remove,would automatically be eliminated..Still I did enjoy the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. Here is a question for those of you, who didn’t like this story, or thought hubby should have acted sooner. Have you ever fucked a good looking women, who, outside of sex, you would never consider in your life? The hubby got to screw a slut. He stayed active in his kids life. After they left for college, he divorced the bitch, and set her up for the killing, of her boyfriend! And, his widowed wife will be finding out about the slutting around, which is sure to cause ex wifey some serious grief! What’s not to love? 5 stars

AethurAethurabout 2 years ago

I've enjoyed this story every time I've read it, but I'm always left wanting. I hope he has his second wife waiting for him. I think that's the biggest hole in the story to complete his revenge.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'd find a way for Traci to suffer a whole lot more. The paternity fraud alone should result in prison time. Because it doesn't, something "extra special" needs to happen to her.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 2 years ago

in this case he could have pushed for paternity fraud because most judge worry about who's going to care for the minor children. Their grown and own their own. Also he is and was a willing cuckold, she knows the term because that's what she wanted and he was willing. Also she's grown and not telling her now is just plan stupid. Will you still be her dad on her death bed if she needs bone marrow, hell no you find the next of kin. And thanks to the whore he married is not him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I never could have waited that long, and the daughter needs to know, there could be medical factors to worry about in her father's family medical history. Good story and quite creative as well. it was too short for my taste but understandable. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Not too bright

The first suspect in a murder like this, is not the cheating wife, but the husband. And with the hints he dropped to her, she'll run to the cops and say "my jealous husband killed my lover because he found out his daughter is not his". He reported his 22 stolen. What a coincidence then, that his wife's lover was also killed with a 22. She won't be the suspect, he will. They may not pin it on his, but they will look HARD at him, and even if they can't prove it, everyone will always suspect him.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 2 years ago

Very good. Took care of things like a man should.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

HE WAS A CUCK FOR 22 YEARS EVEN RAISING ANOTHER MAN'S DAUGHTER!!!

WHAT A STUPID WEAK WIMP WHO ACTED AFTER THE BF DIED

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

He had a lot of patience. I wouldn’t have waited so long. After I found out Hayley was not my biological daughter, they both would have met their fate rather quickly.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

I read it again. This is the story that so many Loving Wives stories try to be. It is well conceived and beautifully told.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Um, if he had those plans 12 years ago then he wouldn't need to divorce her genius.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant! I loved it! Well done!

I see several "Gut-instinct illiterate-Reflexer's" leaping to a silly mis-conclusion below, carefully confirming that they haven't really read the story at all, if anything only superficially scanning it, completely missing the part where he very carefully EXPLAINS the necessity of waiting until the point where he will NOT be judicially ordered to pay for her to be housed, fed, and fucked before he shafts her!

Well done, Hooked 1957! Regards from an even older 48'er!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. While I understand why he decided to wait all those years before filing for divorce, I’m not at all sure I could have done it. I have zero tolerance for or patience with people who stab me in the back. Regardless of what our past history may have been. It’s a damn shame that those low-life burglars broke into Lee’s house and stole his little.22 pistol though. A good little target gun is hard to replace sometimes. Thanks for a good story, Hooked 1957, I loved it. 5⭐️s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am ashamed to have to score this well.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 2 years ago

Not bad but the husband would have not escaped investigation and his "alibi" would not be enough because he is the one that had a motive. In particular, because he hired PI to follow the couple. You think trained police investigators are stupid to buy the burglary story after the murder? Maybe.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

Having sex with a woman that's cheating on you is not my idea of noble or smart. Killing someone is not any sort of punishment for me destroying both of them would of been more gratifying and setting up the wife for the murder at least would of meant no issues getting a divorce and a way better settlement.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

I have no problem with him killing Gene. It was just too fast and Gene didn't have enough time to suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have set her up to take the rap for killing her fuck buddy.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Absolutely fantastic, just love it.

I bet so many men wish they could do this for real, really simple, short and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hope he hate plowed her from time to time just for shits (her shithole) and giggles.

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 1 year ago

“They didn’t plan it, it just happened”, BULL SHIT. You just don’t instantly start fucking a co-worker. The flirting, the banter, lunches; both Traci and Gene saw it coming. Not only let it happen but welcomed it. Traci’s husband had a great workable plan, he just should have put it in place 12 years earlier. Very enjoyable and again Hooked1957 wrote the story in perfect fashion.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Man I like this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Maybe falling for each other wasn't planned by the cheaters, but every meet up, every touch, every plan to meet, it was all deception, stolen moments from the marriage, lies, and the cheaters welcomed it all. It's all fun and games until someone catches two rounds in the chest. You write well, you stir emotions, that takes skill and talent.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

My kind of story. If the cops don't get her then he should.... What a horrible excuse of a person she was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really? No divorce earlier? No confrontation? Umm makes for an interesting story but is not remotely realistic. Well written though.

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

Once the kids hit 18, he wouldn't have been stuck - they were adults.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Read it again and I still enjoy this. That clueless husband is so horrific that I can feel nothing for her when she is alone in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bang, bang…fade to black.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a good story . I would have Divorced her Cheating ass and sued him in court . I was in the Army when a friend of mine found out his Boy wasn't his . The mother poisoned the boy so bad that He would call his dad Looser and other nice words . The boy slid into second base and had to have Blood given to him . Imagine my friends surprise when he was not the right blood type ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow plotting revenge and staying married while shenis fucking 'husband #2' one to two times a week... that isn't devious. That is masochistic. File for divorce. Turn the kids against her. Hayley would probably be collateral damage. Asshole's wife will rape him. Use the PI evidence and threaten to go punkin to at least ensure joint custody if she fights it. Doubt her second husband will want the other two kids. Use DNa evidence from Hayley to file for back child support for 10 years AFTER asshole is cleaned out in the divorce. Can probably get one or both fired post divorce. There many ways to hamstring them. Waiting 12 years, murder and then divorce seem crazy. No way the cops don't sweat him hard for the murder. Prime suspect. Even if eventually they can't prove it. Does he have an impeccable alibi?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

CUCK LEE STAYED WITH THE SLUT FOR SO MANY YEARS AFTER KNOWING ABOUT THE AFFAIR THEN SITS AND CRIES LIKE A LITTLE WIMPY BITCH ASKING WHY SHE DID IT!! FUVKING STUPID ASSHOLE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Slut got what she deserved so did the arsehole husband no 2. Husband number 1 should ended it more quickly, kudos for hanging around for the children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It’s good that he stayed in the marriage until Hayle went to college. However, I believe that if she’s 16, she can choose who she lives with, so he could’ve divorced earlier. Just tell her the why before he actually serves the bitch. “Didn’t mean to hurt you// for it to happen “ is a bunch of bullshit no matter which spouse says it. 3 stars for almost a rush story. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting story .

I would assume that even in the U.S. funerals take at least a couple of weeks at least to arrange, particularly after as murder. As such it is perhaps a little unlikely that the police have not already been making enquiries at the hotel as to what the victim was doing there and with CCTV have a picture of Traci and asking at his workplace if anyone recognises the lady.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Umm he could have killed Gene like 12 years ago. And really ... why wait. Faulty logic. The author must really despise a Traci from real life. Thr continuing the side affair for 24 years is berserk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don’t get it, why wait? Understand what the lawyer said but could have shot arsehole Gene years ago, then what the lawyer about divorce is irrelevant

slowhand21slowhand21about 1 year ago

Would love a continuation.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I don’t know about the logic of waiting 12 years to kill Gene if the MC had made up his mind to do it. It would have been more satisfying to off Gene when he was in his prime at 43 and end their incessant fornication right then instead of miserably enduring it until his daughter graduated from school. Gene didn’t deserve those 12 years of happy adultery and neither did Traci. It would also have been satisfying to know that he was the cause of his wife’s misery at losing her lover if he had to wait all of those years before he could comfortably divorce her. The wife is an remorseless bitch who played her husband for a fool. She is lying when she says she loved them both equally. She clearly love Gene more and MC was a convenience. She relished the cheating and having another man’s child. Divorce isn’t a good enough punishment for her. She needs to be exposed to the town, Gene’s wife, and their extended families. She is trash and needs to be treated as such.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Loved the story.

IndyOnIndyOn11 months ago

Where is the rest of the story??

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Missing a more complete aftermath.

were_wolfwere_wolf9 months ago

Always triple tap: two in the heart one in the brain.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

No one can be so blind, so absent, so dumb for thirty some years living together... Piss poor assumptions.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why didn’t he kill get too?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pyrrhic marraige.

Poor kids and spouses on both sides=collateral damage? (Is this turning the other cheek?)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

4 Stars on this one . My Lawyer told Me that if I stayed with her . She would get half of my retirement . I Had him sign the papers for me as soon as he could . I NEVER made love to her again as I did not need AIDS or some STD's . She seemed surprised when she got the Papers .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I was choking up, and tears were running down my face. After 12 years waiting?

I sat there quietly staring daggers at my wife while...

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

One of Hooked’s early and best stories. Killing the lover, after making sure he knew why he was losing his life was great, then serving the cheating bitch at her lovers funeral was even better.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hard to say. I'm a little sorry for the wife, she did give most of herself to her husband but dhe have broke it off years before. Any woman can physically satisfy more than one man but I don't know about the love part. She will be paying for it for the rest of her life.

Old_TimerOld_Timer6 months ago

I liked it - 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

a little abrupt at the end . other than that it was great .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story, Hooked, thanks for it. I’m not sure I could have waited that long to ‘take care of business’, but fortunately I’ve never been in that situation where I needed to. Don’t know if incinerators get hot enough to melt gun parts, never thought about it before. Oh well, again, great story, Hooked, thanks.

orion2bear2orion2bear26 months ago

Waited too long also hard to believe you could punch yourself in stomach hard enough to cause nausea

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Cold blooded. I liked it.

alan_deealan_dee5 months ago

Ridiculous!!! First of all, being the spouse of a cheater would make him the suspect. Why on earth would the police think that the lovet of the deceased would wait until after they had sex and then murder him in a public place. Secondly, why would she go somewhere else to shower when the hotel room had a perfectly good shower. Third, wtf is up with punching himself in the stomach to puke when sticking his finger down his throat would have done the job, and finally, if he is going to sit back and let his wife continue cheating on him for a dozen years than the asshole deserves to be cheated on.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story, well written. But, in reality all hubby had to look forward to was life in prison. He would have very easily been convicted because he left evidence all over the place!

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver5 months ago

Wait to divorce because of money possibly. But there was no reason to wait that long to kill the guy. That should have been done soon after finding out. Then live each day watching her suffer her loss and disgrace of being found out as the mistress.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

People saying that he knew about the affair made him a suspect - well, yes, but not really. Remember, he knew about the affair 12 years ago and he has evidence that shows he knew about it. Any defense attorney worth his salt will say something like, "My client knew for TWELVE YEARS and did nothing. What motive would he have had to do anything now??" and then the prosecution couldn't come up with anything. He had merely waited. A very, very long time.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

that story satisfying long-game revenge. fun fiction. thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hooked - line and sinker.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

She asked for it... she got it... thank you.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

As cold and calculating as a man could possibly be.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nope. Can't make a good story out of a MC who's that weak. That's just encouraging a female dogs to run around loose out there. And the STD thing is another big lie. It only takes one person. Stupid way to take a chance on something that could really mess up your life, or kill you.

Lowrider2020Lowrider20202 months ago

Great story ! you could have said more.

RePhilRePhil2 months ago

Still the best author currently writing in LW. Although we have lost a lot of the old guard your stories always stand head and shoulders above the fray

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

AWESOME thank YOU again

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

GW 3 Stars on this one , I thought their were some mistakes .Wait until the kids are in College and then Sue him for the divorce . Also wear a rubber i know i did

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Perfect.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous