All Comments on 'Patience Pays Off'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 296 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nasty one-pager

Put together well. Though the ending was apparent from the first line I had to finish the story to catch the wrinkles.

The only thing that bothers me is that for a long time I wished I could have two wives. I loved them both. So do I want someone to kill me? I think not!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 6 years ago
I liked it until he murdered a man.

She may have committed adultery but he is and always will be a murderer. And for all his thinking, it seems convenient that the cuckold had his pistol stolen and that it was subsequently used to murder his wife's lover.

Oh please, let's find out about his trip to prison where, depending on the state, he might get the death penalty for 1st degree murder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting but not believable

The number 1 suspect is going to be the husband. The testimony of his wife will do him in. She can, by her choice, testify against him and has no reason not to.

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
Well then,

Not really into murder porn. I'm all for consequences. Dump her, divorce her, tell his wife, alienate the kids, hide the money, I'm all down. Walking up to a guy and giving him a double tap seems a tad extreme.

Read more like a travelogue, or an essay, anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hello

i must say a good one

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nothing Good ever happened at the Rusty Clam

Well I for one , enjoyed it .

Could it really happen this way , no . But it is fiction on an erotic site , so it's good enough for that .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5*

You get what you deserve

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE VIRTUE WINS AGAIN

and the clueless one is no more, TK U MLJ LV NV

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
Very little actual emotion here.

The guy's "brilliant" plan will place him in prison. He reports his gun stolen. The same caliber gun kills his wife's lover. He admits knowing about the affair. He is suspect number one, and really the only suspect. He's toast. Great revenge on the wife. She gets everything while he rots in jail. He killed a man in cold blood. He belongs in prison.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
JUST SICK FETISH B.T.B.

No loving wife, murder, hate,,Just more sick B.T.B shit that should never be posted here.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago
Yep, agree with HDK

The storyline is clever, but not quite enough. They reported the gun missing, the PI who can testify that hubby knew about the affair and the hotel, and not to mention that he better be a damn good actor for when the police come calling. The wives won't be suspects. He does have a fairly decent alibi and they might not find the gun. But since he is now divorcing his wife and she has no reason to cover for him, she will gladly testify against him. Saying just enough, but not too much to wife? Trust me, she will finger him for the murder. All she really has to do is testify that hubby knew before the murder and made that cryptic comment. Maybe not enough to convict, but the will focus on him and make his life a living hell.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
This writer's stories aren't bad, but have issues that weakens them...

This writer's stories aren't bad, but have issues that weakens them...Let's us see this one: 1st - He waited all those years waiting for their younger child to become adult? A child that wasn't even his? 2nd - Why didn't he sent anonymously as soon as he found out the cheating the photos to the lover's wife? After the shit hit the fan he could act being totally shocked and surprised...3rd - why the need to use his own gun? Wasn't a better fact that his wife's lover had been killed by a different gun than the one he owned? 4th - Wasn't a better revenge to watch in the first row to the lover's marriage fall apart, as if he hadn't contributed for it? 5th - What his wife would do if her lover was divorced and free? Ask for the divorce to marry him? 6th - It's always a better revenge to make someone suffer all his/her life (for instance becoming paraplegic...) than simply kill that person. What would have happened if his wife decided to marry the lover, and one day found herself out married to a paraplegic? And still in this scenario "patience would pay off"! Death and murder are always a bitter revenge that always leave psychological marks in the murderer...2*

kdcee79kdcee79over 6 years ago
Clueless

There are 2 clueless types here, the husband & the author. What kind of dumbie uses his own weapon he's reported stolen & also unfortunately H1957 for writing this limp wristed tale. I'm sorry I wasted my time, glad it was only 1 page. Tried for a 1 but somehow got 2**.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
*1

All those giving 5s need to seek help for the rage you feel towards your ex-wives.

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
So she is crying

Big deal? He only got revenge on husband number two. The wife still gets half of his assets. Sorry buddy but a totally incomplete revenge story. If getting your wife to cry is revenge, there are bigger issues at play here 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This made no sense to me.

If his plan was to kill his wife's lover then why wait 12 yrs? The divorce I can see. Okay, he didn't want to pay and not see his kids, that I understand but I don't understand letting her fuck her lover for all that time. Why didn't he kill the guy 12 years ago then wait until now to divorce the wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
i read alot of the stories

that some of your commenters write and their answer to people who comment on their stories is that it is just a story so take your stupid comments or advice and stick where the sun don't shine. I FOUND THE STORY VERY ENTERTAINING.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good try but...

All the previous comments are valid. They have their own issues though. First a .22 is extremely common comprising half of all firearms in the US. The theft does take the firearm out of husbands hands so it becomes much harder to prove especially if he properly disposes of it. Ammo (security cameras) would be a problem but if he bought it years before then no ptoblem.

I doubt the wife will talk. It would cause more problems. I would not have served her at all. Just let her know you know. That you will burn her down.

As far as emotional scares. Not been my experience. I know lots of guys who have killed. A few they knew most they did not. Maybe war is different, but i doubt it. Snippers are personal at least through the scope you see the results, sometimes you can watch the bullet fly. CQB is fast and furious, no time for reflection just action, overwatch is different you have to think about your actions and your targets and the consequences.

Scares? Naw. SOB had it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Because if you look at Hooked's other texts, writing characters who in any way resemble actual humans is way beyond him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

I find it odd that two people who are so close never got together as two families.

"We were so careful, for both your sake and Laura's." - BULLSHIT! You were careful so you wouldn't get caught!

"I didn't plan it that way. It just happened" - I'm going to say this every time I see it - you don't "just fall in love." You have to do the little things, the intimate lunches and dinners, the quiet conversations, the gentle touches, etc., the things that got you to fall in love with your spouse in the first place. If you REALLY love your spouse, when you feel those feelings developing, you break off the contact with the other person.

HE'D be more of a suspect than Laura.

"Goodnight, my clueless husband. I love you." - I don't believe she would say that out loud, even if she thought he was asleep.

@Whackdoodle Re: "his pistol stolen and that it was subsequently used to murder his wife's lover." - Since the pistol was disposed of, they'll never know that his pistol was the murder weapon.

Yeah, I like the idea of sending evidence to Gene's wife. When she divorces Gene, hopefully Traci will divorce him on good terms since she will be marrying Gene.

SystemShockSystemShockover 6 years ago
Really stupid

All the time he had to plan shit out, and THAT'S what he did?! Yeah, he deserves the prison sentence that's likely coming his way; not for killing the other guy, but for being so stupid about it.

You're supposed to make it look like an accident, not murder. But if you feel the need to do it up close, why not stab him, then take his wallet, phone and shoes? Just another violent mugging. And if a gun was a must, why, oh why, did he use his own goddamn gun to do it? He's been plotting murder for over a decade, so clearly he has few scruples, if any, about commiting crimes. That said, he couldn't score an unregistered 9mm or something? I mean really, what has he been doing for those 12 years? Not foolproofing his schemes, that's for damn sure.

If your intention was to mock the BTB genre, congrats, I guess; though BTB murder plots are usually better thought out. Otherwise, I found this too dumb to even be entertaining, especially since it takes itself so seriously. This is like Sharknado trying to pose as Jaws.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not erotic

Boring diatribe with wooden characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Best read in a long time

Great read . Too many sick wimpy cucky stories going on here lately. Duck those pansies cucky duck anon . They will be feeding on my used condoms shortly. Keep up the great stories and writings 5 stars big guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bullsh1t

Violence for the boyfriend and leave the wife untouched. Same old cra

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Needed a better finish

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
It occurs to me that this genre could use some sort of scale.

1) Husband can kill wife's boyfriend if he knocks her up.

2) Husband can castrate/hospitalize wife's boyfriend that screws her but does not knock her up

3) Husband can plant drugs on wife's boyfriend that has not yet gotten into her panties.

4) Husband always has the option of pounding the shit out of any man that messes with his personal property/wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Weird Title

Patience didn't pay off at all for him, but it certainly did for the wife. She got 12 extra years with her lover while he helped raise the kids (including her lover's) and now she can turn him in to the police and get everything in the divorce. His alibi would last less than ten minutes under cross-examination by professionals. If he intended to kill the lover he should have done it 12 years earlier-his wife might have been more reluctant to get rid of him at that stage of the kids' lives.

Interesting to see how a feeble attempt at a BTB story in which the bitch comes out better than the beater gets reflex high scores. Shows how little the average commenter thinks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stupid Commenters

So many say why use his own gun? He had it, no need to go out trying to find a gun on the street and possibly be remembered by an undercover cop. Police are going to know it was his, his wife tells them yes. But there are no BALLISTICS without the gun itself no real proof, he owned a gun of same make etc, circumstantial wont fly in court. Telling all to wife and serving divorice papers at the funeral? Confession big time police will make a career out of surveilling him. All together I give this 3stars.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Great story

Love it when the scales balance...and in such a clever way. I hope there was NO doubt in her mind that husband #1 did the deed. Hope she feels the anger and lets it ferment in hopeless grief and sorry...tho I must admit I would have liked daughter to find out who her father was and in so doing become estranged from her mother and causes her more grief.

I thought this was a great story and well written. 5*s

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
Question

The Cruel Reveng Story's problem with violance or murder how the hero avoids the police, court and prison. If the author is clever it is understandable.

The long marriage's goal is to sit together in the house garden seeing the sunset together with the grandkids. Sometimes the revenge is to see the sunset with other woman/wife as the previouse longtime wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyed the story, could have had a better finish, 5*

I am not into spousal abuse, just divorce her/him and leave her destitute, alone and loveless. But, for the boyfriend/lover/bull/dipshit, its 'open season'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyed the story

I enjoyed the story, but the payoff could have more imagination. Maybe someone will do a redux to help it along

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
From

I generally do not like murder and extreme violance, but here a smarter story idea:

2 strangers meet in a conference, convention, airport, etc.. both have cheater wives and both tell about their problem. They have their own kids and a bastard kid from the lover. The both lovers are married man etc... Same problem and under higher alcohol level they find an idea to get rid of the lovers. They live 500-2000 miles eachothers. One husband kills the lover of the other man's wife and some months later another husband does similar act. During the act both husbands have 100 true alibi! When the kids become older both husbands divorce their wives.

The twist a Police investigator finds something idea about 2 murders in 2 distict USA's states and he look out the facts (for example the meeting of the Conferance, Convention stb, ) but he has a cheater ex wife and he burries the all investigation...

I recommend the story idea for authors.

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
I am sorry

"100% true alibi"

foolscapfoolscapover 6 years ago
*1 for violence and a wimpy husband

The guy was a wittol for 12 years and then a murderer. Rationalize it all you want, he was still taking sloppy seconds for over a decade that he knew about. He didn't have the integrity to address the issue when he first learned of her cheating.

Would have been better if he had shot himself.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Liked It But

As others have noted, Traci gets off WAY too easy, and the cops are for sure going to come visiting him after the .22 slugs are dug out during autopsy. Who is more suspect than the wronged husband whose .22 was conveniently "stolen"....?

Even if they can't find the gun to match ballistics, there will be enough other evidence to put him down. I foresee hard time ahead for the murderer....

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Oatzab it's been done

Watch "Strangers on a Train" sometime. It has also been done very effectively here on Lit more than once. Keep throwing those ideas out there or better yet, write them into your own story. We could also use another good writer here.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 6 years ago
5

Excellent justice handed out here. Nicely crafted story.

Danger09Danger09over 6 years ago
No whore is worth life in prison

I hate stories where the husband seem to be more angry at the guy than the cum slut wife. The guy isn't the one who owed the husband fidelity/loyalty. How is it fair he's dead and the slut gets off easy? She had her cake and ice cream for 24 years until the dense wimp husband finally got a clue 12 years ago. I get not wanting to get rape in the divorce so, he waits until the kids get older--What I don't get is why still sleep with her? Why not just tell her you know what's going, she can keep her lover, they will just be roommates for the next few years. You would think after 24 years of sloppy seconds he'd be tired of it. This story didn't do it for me. The wife's love/respect was nonexistent, she felt sexy carrying another mans baby and having him take care of it.. How fuck'd in the head is that? That's not love, that's contempt, disrespect, hatred--but never love. There would've been signs. Honestly, my patience is super thin, no way in hell I'd be able to let a motherfucker cheat on me for 12 years,knowingly. I'm not one to hold onto people that don't want to be kept. She loves her lover, let her have him. Move on. Why waste more years with a whore? It's pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice start but the story left

Both primary characters without any closure. Glad to see the price was paid by one asshole named Gene, but finish the story and include some flashbacks if you start from the end of this one. The follow up could really go in both directions and include the impact on both Traci and her husband (Bad and Good) plus the suit against Gene's estate for past child support and how Heather and the other kids are impacted as well as Laura. Traci needs to really feel the price for her deception.

Get back to your story board cant go beyond a 3 until you finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Snooze

Where's the sex? This isn't high school English class. boring.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 6 years ago
What an asshole.

Cut his nose of to spite his face.

Why are men portarayed as such idiots on this site. He gave up everything. He had a great life in spite of a cheating wife snow has set him self up to be a lonely desperate man to live alone and then die and go to hell.

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 6 years ago
In addition to HDK's scales for lover punishment....

There also needs to be a scale for the wandering wife.

1) Husband can kill wife and make it appear lover did it (or visa versa) if she has child(ren) by lover and passes it/them off as husband's.

2) Husband can cage wife in remote mountain site if she has affair with true love and just keeps hubby around to support both her and lover, while regular feeding hubby lover's goo.

3) Huband can sell wife to whorehouse in North Korea if he records wife telling lover that husband is clueless wimp with small dickie, no bedroom skills, and smells like a two-week-old chimichanga and she does exotic sexual things (like doggie and cowgirl) that she never does for hubbie.

4) Even though husband doesn't really want to, husband must fuck all 19 of the women on Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 list who have been hitting on him after he catches wife flirting with used-car-salesman former boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too short

Well written but could have been more interaction with husband and wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nicely done!

But now we need part II: appropriately called The Aftermath of a Murder!

I have no remorse for this killing. For Christ's sake, he was made a true cuckold, raising another man's child unknowingly. For 24 years? And she was in love with the other man?

Perfect resolution, IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It never ceases to amaze me

Everyone comes out of the woodwork screaming about an over the top non-cuck story , but then they never comment on some of the God awful drivel that 75 + percent of this category is !

Simply amazes my sense of fairness . HDK and the others in your little morality posse , we get it that you don't like revenge .

Well others that read here do . 90 percent of the comments on this are severely negative , yet the score is still 4.3 ???? Hummmm.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
Too Much

Killing him was too extreme. A black mask and baseball bat is all that is needed. Putting him in a wheel chair with a useless dick and foley catheter is more like it. Suffering is much worse than a quick death. he already had a great alibi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it

Don't care about the plot holes. OK, the solution was extreme but the dead guy and the wife were fungus on the side of two marriages.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
True HDK and Irrumatio, excellent rating scales

So many LW authors seem to focus their creativity on the revenge/retribution which should be wreaked on the wrongdoers -- wandering wife and man who led her astray -- rather than being creative about the actions of the Loving Wife which so enraged the husband.

Kimi described this as "murder porn" and said it's not her thing. Not mine either. Fair enough for those who like that sort of thing, I suppose, but the name of the site is Lit-Erotica. LW now seems to me to contain more stories that fit the detective genre rather than than erotic.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not up for porn murder

The husband would have been the first suspect in this murder not the wife. Why not permanently disable the fucker who was screwing his wife and then sit back and keep screwing the wife until he finds another woman. He can keep tapping his pretty sexy wife until he finds a better replacement and with the fucker out of the way he doesn't have to be in a hurry. As it's told he leaves behind enough evidence; PI reports, photo's, videos's and the so called "stolen gun" to put him on death roll but, with a severe crippling beating of the fucker he eliminates his competition and gets to keep tapping his lovely wife until he ready to lower the boom!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Laura

A well crafted tale but your character betrays himself. Would Laura have rejoiced at her husband's demise? What had she done to Lee?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

I hope you write more. More sumbitches need to be shot for taking what belongs to someone else.

I wish it could have been a Shotgun, but it is LOUD !!!

MCPO Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Idiotic !!

How brainless has that author to be!!! Homicide as an opportunity to get revenge??!! Are you brain sick???

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 6 years ago
A good story

It shows how a person can become bitter and twisted.

He creates a convoluted scheme which works.

In all likelihood Traci will go the police, and he'll be given jail time, but she'll lose her husband/s, he friend Laura and her children will hate her.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
You Know

I'm all up for burning the bitch, but he waited too long and the revenge was not enough. That's all I'll say.

maninconnmaninconnover 6 years ago
Hubby is a sad strange little man.

Nuff said.

But I liked the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Funny. He was stuck for 12 years. Now she's stuck for the rest of her life.

Cause that's the way the law works. She won't report the murder, he will. He will tell the police his wife killed her lover when her lover tried to break off the affair. He will tell the police he was her reluctant cuckold, he even visited a lawyer 12 years ago who advised him to stay her cuckold. He will reluctantly testify that he knew his wife faked the break in to make her gun disappear; he still has the receipt when he bought it for her. He will testify that he stayed for the sake of the children, but when he told her he was leaving her she just laughed and said now she could marry her lover Gene. But Gene refused to divorce his wife and marry her, so she decided to kill him, and he just had to tell the police.

Of course the wife will claim her husband did it, but the only evidence will be that Gene died outside the hotel where she had just fucked him. All the evidence will be circumstantial, but there will be enough to cause an investigation, during which all the details of their long term affair will come out. There will probably be inadequate evidence to prosecute Traci, but her reputation and her future will be shot. Oh, just like Gene! Her family and kids will hate her, and always wonder if she really murdered Gene. Since she loved her dead lover so dearly, maybe it won't be long before she decides to join him. We can only hope.

Great story. But you really pissed off the whore apologists and wimp cuckolds. Thanks for that. And thanks for allowing anonymous comments. Sweet.

I would love a second chapter embellishing the above scenario and finally putting paid to Traci's cheating life.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Very not bad.

Good even.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 6 years ago
Great story

Good development and telling the tell. I feel no bad feelings for cuck hubby. He did what he had to do, even though I don't believe any kind of murder is wrong. Traci got what she deserved as well as Gene.

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stupid plot.

He gets fingered the second they find out his wife was having an affair and that his "stolen gun" w as the murder weapon type, and that he knew he was getting cucked by the dead asshole. They have no reason to believe it was the wife and the PI would roll on him him the second he finds out his client used him to set up a murder.

Giving the slut all the details was just plain idiotic. No way she feels guilty enough to go to jail for him and no way are the cops going to look anywhere else one they find out it was his gun and she tells them exactly what he told her. Laura is gonna be a little pissed at him to when the cops jump her as a suspect for a killing he blatantly performed.

Typical comic book villain bullshit. You never tell exactly what you did in your victory moment. You automatically lose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dear "Stupid plot" anonymous fucktard

It's a fucking story you idiot, as in fiction, as in make believe? What are you, some god damned Perry Mason wannabee?

It was an enjoyable revenge yarn, and I quite liked it.

As for you, I hope you get gang raped by a swarm of sexually confused fucknuggets.

chytownchytownover 6 years ago
Thanks***

Good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
cuckold with purpose

Patience is a virtue so they say.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Shouldn't this be in the Non-Erotic category?

Whilst there is indeed a 'Loving Wife' who had a bit of 'Extra-marital Fun', the rest of the story is not much fun. Did anybody find any hint of eroticism? Non-erotic seems to me to be a far more appropriate category.

Lue

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
This story belongs to LW

@luedon The consequence of the extramarital fun is part of the Loving Wives. So this story belongs to LW. Some readers as I am, we like the Consequence stories of the wife's extramarital affair.

So the pure sex act of the cheating should publish in Erotic Coupling, Group sex, etc...

I think the Literocia owners should start a new category about Extramarital Affairs with Consequence stories, so the crempie eating husband stories and the Consequence stories and readers do not mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

BTW According to me the story's problem that the author did not write an epiloge where he explained how the husband could avoid the prison. A newer story is without end. I gave 5*****, because the Literotica Owners have not started a Consequence story category. In a Consequence story category I could give a real vote 3***.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
My dear Oatzab

My point is that the name of the site is Literotica. It is a site for erotic literature.

However, just in case somebody wishes to submit a story with no erotic content, the site provides a special Non-erotic category.

Would you please explain to the readership what was in any way erotic about this story?

As I said earlier, there are many stories these days submitted in Loving Wives that would be more appropriately posted on a site for detective stories.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Luedon

Because LW is a catchall category. Don't hear you bitching about stories that by definition should be in either Group sex , Fetish , or Gay Male .

Hell , doesn't even have to be a Wife , Laurel put out that a Girlfriend was good enough for LW.

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
Consequence story

@ Lue A story collection not only the editors but the readers edit together. So the one part of authors of extramarital sex affairs stories know a lot of readers like extramarital cheating sex stories with consequence, so we a part of the LW readers wait them with 5***** to encourage them. However I think it had better a Consequence of Cheating story category in Literotica, where the cheated on exhusbands find sexy new younger women in the end of the stories...we are on fantasy story collection.

Because of the LW owners gave it up to censorship the LW and unfortunatally they do not want to divide LW section into 2 newer sections (a for the willing cucold stories and another for the unvilling husband stories) so you has to get on with us consequence story fans her in LW section!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Comments on Comments

@Anonymous 08/13/17 Re: "Funny" - I like your idea of how the husband could have cast enough suspicion on his wife so that at least they'd BOTH be suspects with enough "he said/she said" and no hard evidence to avoid prosecution. Maybe a creative prosecutor could get them BOTH on conspiracy!

@Anonymous 08/13/17 Re: "@Luedon" - You've got it! The Category Wars are over, Laurel has stated that they are not changing. For those who complain about stories that aren't "erotic," they forget the first half of Literotica: "Literature!" I don't think one page stories of "My wife goes out, fucks other men and brings home cream pies for me to eat, yum!" fit tht bill either!

thwyathwyaover 6 years ago
Fun story but missing something

I enjoyed this story and the novel premise behind it. Others have done it as well but it is always a fun storyline.

What is it missing? Drama, suspense, that plot twist that makes you scratch your head. This read somewhat like a recipe; I knew where it was going from the very beginning. Perhaps I am Revenge genre savant.

And the gun should have been stolen years earlier and not months.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 6 years ago
Scope for chapter 2

Adultery is not a crime but murder is. What is Laura's take on the murder and her thoughts about Traci? The now ex-wife's lover was murdered by Lee and she know it. What will be Haley's response when she finds out the her mother was an adulteress, she is illegitimate and the man she regarded as her father actually killed her real father?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Better ways to skin a cat then kill him

Look if he wanted revenge he just would have this cheater beatin up a few times till he fiqures out he needed to stop fucking the other mans wife. Then giving annoyomous email and photos to Genes wife. That would hurt more than an instant bullet and a murder charge. Then after the kids leave divorce the bitch but hid your assets.

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
Better revenges than the murder of the lover

For example:

It depends on USA states the husband can launch a lawsuit for children support compensation from the biological father. So the 3 children can learn their mom's extramarital affair with a (bastard) kid. The other wife also learns her husband's affair!

1 beat 2 results!

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
I am wrong

Because 1 beat 3 results.

1. The kids learn the mother's cheating with a "bastard" kid.

2. Money compensation from the lover.

3. The lover's wife learns the truth.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
No Mr Brooks

I was not reviving the category war. I couldn't care less about that discussion and didn't enter it when it was at its height. I made my comment about the Non-erotic category to make a point.

My comment was about the lack of eroticism in stories submitted on a site which is here for erotic stories. As I said earlier, so many LW authors focus their creativity on the way the husband discovers his wife's infidelity and then wreaks revenge and retribution, and (as with this story) these authors include no erotic content whatsoever.

They often are very clever and well written, but they aren't erotic. I like eroticism.

Lue

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
Insted of debate

An Anon's comment on a Consequence story from 2010:

"Readers that just like to read revenge stories for entertainment? What about the readers that read these 'cheating wife' stories and want the bitch burned at the stake and are simply reading the stories for just that, entertainment? If a reader is happily married, never been cheated on, never cheated on his partenr, and will never cheat or be cheated on and he or she simply reads such stories, knowing most if not all are not real, fiction, what about those people? readers do read these types of stories for fun and to be entertained, I know I do. But I like cheating wife stories where the wife faces consequences that is what should happen in the real world, I know it doesn't, life is not always fair. So stories where the wife cheats on her husband and is so sorry and somehow someway the husband takes her back are probably more 'real' than the revenge torch the bitch stories. Give me the torch the bitch stories as entertainment anytime over the other sort of stories. THIS story ended up okay."

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

If he was gonna ride it out he should've drained his pension and any money they had slowly over a few years then mortgaged the house for as much as he could get . Show a gambling problem and hid the cash until your ready to leave. Sell the house and whatever is left give to the kids toward there bills . He should've been fucking anything he could also and he should've had a law suit after legal separation or divorce divorce so he could get that money from the other guy. Don't kill him but make him suffer financially and with divorce from his wife. He could've wiped them both out and destroyed their live with his patience over a few years and made him suffer instead of the easy way out , dying.

foolscapfoolscapover 6 years ago
Who gets to define "erotic". It's pretty subjective.

I don't find violence erotic at all. Nor do I find betrayal and lying to be erotic. I don't find humiliation, incest, male on male sex, torture, and domination stories erotic. Others apparently find all of those as erotic and get off on them.

Frankly I laugh when I read those who complain that a story isn't "erotic" enough and often think that they may have eroticism and pornography confused. I'm sure that they laugh at me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Short Story

Well written .Enough side tracks to make you pay attention . Definitely worth another round , if for no other reason than to kill them with no witnesses.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Agree wholeheartedly, Foolscap, it's entirely subjective

My dictionary defines Erotic as 'Tending to arouse sexual desire or excitement'. What arouses one person may disgust somebody else.

Even so, I wonder whether any normal human being would have been erotically aroused by the murder conducted in this story. I certainly didn't find it erotic.

Erotic for me has teasing and slow seduction. Sexual tension as consummation becomes more likely. Even naughtiness as the probability of doing something illicit becomes apparent. There's very little of that in Loving Wives stories these days. LW stories seem to me to focus on the action after the erotic event rather than the event itself or what has led up to it.

Ah well, there's always the Romance category stories.

Lue

rphinneyrphinneyover 6 years ago
@Stupid Plot

Actually, it was a pretty good job of pulling it off. They can't match the gun, because it is now destroyed, so while they know it was the same caliber as the murder weapon, they can't prove it was the murder weapon. A 22 caliber handgun is very common as firearms go. They call that circumstantial evidence. The gun was reported stolen, but the wife has just as good access to it, potentially, as the husband.So, no connection to the husband beyond a reasonable doubt. The husband has an alibi for the time of the murder, the wife does not. They will both be suspects, but they have a better case against the wife than the husband. They could try and make a case against the husband, but the alibi will leave reasonable doubt all day long. They could infer love affair gone wrong with the wife, but still, reasonable doubt. Ditto for the victim's wife, because there is no real physical evidence. Any Defense Attorney would point out the whole case is conjecture and speculation.

The plot was solid and credible from a legal standpoint...

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
A little over the top but I liked it, somewhat.

I do think, however, that the wife should have to limp a bit the rest of her life. Can't let her off too easy. Good read, thanks for your effort.

OnethirdOnethirdover 6 years ago
Clueless

I'm not a fan of revenge stories generally. He gets a little more sympathy with the wife's "clueless husband" comment, though. We are often told that a cheating spouse doesn't love her cuckold any less, but the disrespect and sneaking around have to put that in doubt, the fact that the husband had less (but not zero!) love also means they would fight more over time and not improbably stay together as a "loving couple." Rule Number One: do NOT let your wife spend loads of time with her boss and go on trips with him...

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
No flash story

@rphinney Except for flash stories the author should explain why and how he/she avoid the the police, court and prison. Here the author forgot this. It is right the DA office had stopped the court fase according to you, but THE AUTHOR SHOULD WRITE THIS, HOW THE POLICE+DA HAD GIVEN UP THE CASE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too smart by half

I believe that there are several flaws in this story.---------------

*"On Friday she had two loving Husbands and a great life. On Monday afternoon she had no loving husbands and was the mistress of a dead man in a murder investigation."

*Is the writer implying that the funeral took place three days after the murder?--- Dead on Friday night, buried by Monday afternoon. One doubts that the body in a murder investigation would be released so soon, or, that a funeral / buriel could be organised in less than a week, let alone three days.

*The cuck Husband informs the Mistress wife that he knew where she and her lover dined and which motel the went to, on the evening and night of the murder.

*The narration implies that the police have not interviewed the Mistress or the cuck Husband prior to the funeral?

*The story line leaves one to believe that the cuck husband had the divorce papers ready [a] before the shooting, which could implicate the cuck--[b] after the shooting , but before the funeral, which could not happen over a weekend period;

*Although the gun has been dismantled "ready for disposal at a later date", the writing does not state that the disposal had actually taken place. Failing to do so is akin to planing to be caught with the evidence.

I believe that the flaws in the story detract from its overall impact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stupid

He wasted 12 years of his life.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

Would have been better if we also got to see what he planned for his life after.

And it's kinda silly to wait so long if he wanted to kill the guy.

Why didn't he do it when he found out 12 years earlier?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Good story

you have the revenge part down pat. But you seem to omitted the descriptive disitergration of the antagonist in each of your stories. Maybe another page for desert will settle your diners

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Clueless comments

The plan is brilliant and requires a strong man to carry out. No wimp could have borne up to the minute by minute pain, instead choosing a path to deny the state and the bitch the opportunity to reduce him to human rubble. Consequences are what they are, no matter how long they take to appear.

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Good story.

I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Idiotic!!!

MINUS 5*!!!

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
AND THEN..... AND THEN,,,,,,AND NOW

we all wonder what is coming,,,,,,,and how,,,,,,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Finally! Retribution!

Although 12 years IS a long time to be a cucky.

Nevertheless, I was elated to see the asshole

cheater get his. Nice read.

realisticendingsrealisticendingsover 6 years ago
Should have invested 12 years in another family

Can understand why he waited to actually "divorce"; but should have spend the 12 years in a relationship with someone else who valued him and wanted a family with him. His ex-wife still wins; she may not have her other "husband" but she got him to emotionally and financially support her and her bastard until that kid finished college. I'm asking a question. In the US; is a parent legally required to financially support a child, after that child is out of high school, and over 18?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not good enough

he should betrayed her in a same way, should have started family at a side. and also took revenge at end, bled her so enormously she could not breath.... you know what I mean.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love it when BTB comes to fruition!

The bitch got her comeuppance and paid the price. 12-years is long time but beware the wrath of a patient man! 5-Statrs!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@realisticendings

NOPE!

I have always wondered why children and many parents believe they are REQUIRED to pay for kids going to college, especially when kid demands to go to $50K a year school. My so called father told me not only did I have to pay for Catholic high school they demanded I attend but also he would give me no money for college. I worked all through high school and saved what I could, then studied my ass off. I did not have any time to enjoy high school days. I earned a number of academic scholarships but came up short of funds for senior year. Quit college learned masonry trade and at 45 have house paid off and laugh at those bitching about college loans!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous