All Comments on 'Pawn Among Wolves Ch. 10'

by SmileWhenYouMeanIt

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Wow!! Love how u ended it - but now am impatient for more!!! Can't wait :)

AhzureDragonAhzureDragonabout 11 years ago
LOVE!!!

Oh I can't wait to to read how you finish this. I hope she can learn to control everything. Seems she does just fine so long as people don't keep her from Mac overly long and don't piss her wolf off by being scared of her. <3 <3

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 11 years ago
Amazing.

Delighted with what's happened in your story so far. Reading what happens next will be a treat.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 11 years ago
Curious

The gesture the 'mother of Simon?' or the girl cub... What does it mean?

"Bizarrely, the tall female bowed to her, a deep, graceful bow with a flick of her fingers to her heart and lips. A mingled sigh and gasp ran through the chamber."

sexybrwneyes41sexybrwneyes41about 11 years ago

OMG!! Can't wait for the next chapter!!

jpb531jpb531about 11 years ago
Wowzers!

Talk about the excrement impacting the rotary oscillator! Fantastic chapter. Can't wait to see what's next. Thanks for sharing your words.

WerewolfEnthusiastWerewolfEnthusiastabout 11 years ago
Wow

Every time i read another of your chapters i get sucked into that world. I wish they could invent some kind of potion to make her a true wolf an not the emotional rage an lust driven wereem though

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very good chapter!!!

I love this story from the very start. I really think that if the wolves would leave her alone and NOT be afraid of her, her rage and anger wouldn't get out of hand, and it's because they are afraid of what she might do, is why she gets so angry,it's her wolf instincts that are making her insane, if the wolves aren't afraid of her, her rage will go down, and also, I think someone WANTS Mac to leave his pack, so they can take over his pack.

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenabout 11 years ago

That was awesomely amazing. And exciting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fantastic storytelling!

So much action, romance, intrigue, and humor, yet the story never feels rushed. At the end of each chapter I am always left wanting more. Oh my. Yes.

Yves

trubblemakurtrubblemakurabout 11 years ago
yeah

I love this story. Looking forward to more.

Myseason4funMyseason4funabout 11 years ago
Oh!

I loved it, but now I am scared. I am a sucker for a happy ending and this is not shaping up to be that way! Guess I,ll have to keep reading to find out :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

All I can do is sit here and howl!

Zero tolerance penalties are always a problem. What Ulf and Gemma have done for their entire world versus what was done by Grey-yet this is the aftermath?

LessGoLessGoabout 11 years ago
so good!

This is such an amazing story! Your writing is superb and the plot is so completely unpredictable! I'm on the edge of my seat unable to foresee what is going to happen! Oh please more!!! I love how your characters are flawed but well intentioned. Wonderful! I'm such a huge fan!!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 11 years ago
Wow. What a chapter.

You definitely make reading your stories worthwhile- no matter how long the break between chapters.

Gemma is strong, so I have hope that she will learn to say no and keep hold of her sanity. The trouble is, they can't build that strength without other people to test her.

Mac is strong and proud (not to mention hot) and his love for Gemma shines through. I hope he can come back to take control of his pack once Gemma is more secure.

I also hope the little cub can be controlled, or meets an untimely end. He seemed mean spirited. Not to mention dangerous if the grey is still linked to him.

I don't know how you can wrap everything up in a few chapters but I'll be here until the end of the story. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

As long as Mac and Gemma are together, I'm happy.

serenecourageserenecourageabout 11 years ago
Love it

I love love love your stories. Your characters are well developed, complex, as is your world. I think what I love most is that your heroine is coping with some crazy stuff and isn't always handling it perfectly but she keeps trying. It's different from most of these types of stories and in a very very good way. Please kept going!

notjustchicklit927notjustchicklit927about 11 years ago
perfect

This chapter was perfect. Can't wait for the next one.

MaryJonMaryJonalmost 11 years ago
Thx for the story!

Looking forward to the rest of it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Agree with cantfightfate

LOL cantfightfate...I was also thinking that some "tragic" accident needs to befall that evil little cub!!! I was feeling a bit guilty about that...nice to know I'm not the only one. ;-) Seriously, that kid needs to go. He's like Damien or something. Can you imagine having some twisted child having that much control over you?!? That's the stuff of nightmares. I think Mac needs to give her a full on mating bite to counteract that immediately. At least I don't think the little girl is going to be a problem. That could possibly be even scarier.

Anyway, loving that Gemma and Mac are back together and don't have to restrain themselves. ;-) And looking forward to him having to be "very strict" with her.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 11 years ago
Were/ vs Wolf

Just recognized something I hadn't thought about before. At least imo, a werewolf is actually better (by human standards) than a regular wolf. We've been told the horrors an Alpha or even just a power wolf mind can inflict upon his pack and individuals.

A wolf can be forced by their leader to be raped or even killed if his hold is strong enough, but a were has an extra layer of protection for their mind. They are more susceptible (possibly only through inexperience) to commands, but those they wish to fight can drive them to the black rage. In doing so they attempt to sever the connection and influence of the invading mind through going berserk- At their enslaver.

In this way, I would personally vastly prefer to be a were rather than a wolf. Yes, 'all weres go crazy' but I believe that is just an effect rather than a cause. I hate that a being like Grey was able to put those women and others through that nightmare, a were couldn't have had that done to them. They'd go apeshit and kill or die trying. Having my mind break by going blank and attacking my suppressors sounds better to me than having it break as I am victimized repeatedly.

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_ealmost 10 years ago
Thoughts...

First off, this story is fantastic. It has far more meat to it than any other werewolf story I've read. I'm impressed ;-)

However the trial to decide Gemma's fate is a little perplexing. The argument that Tzo wants to increase his troops size like supposedly Mac did is a terrible argument. Mac only has Gemma which is only 1 werewolf. If Tzo wants to have 1 werewolf too, then so be it.

Second, isn't Tzo also breaking a lot of rules by using silver during warfare which I thought was illegal. Further isn't Tzo allied with a true enemy?

Thirdly, Gemma became a werewolf saving other wolf's. She put her safety second to the safety of another species that has little regard for humans.

Lastly, she created a cure for the new silver weapon saving other lives and she was the only person who could track down Grey's lair.

The decision of the wolf committee all seems a little shall we say.....werewolfish ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This should be a screenplay!

It's a wonderful story, balanced between the overt action and the mental action. On page 3, around paragraph 3, you have two "slowly"s in a sentence, and the transition there from one night to the next morning is abrupt. Otherwise, fanstastic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Perplexing Indeed

I have to agree with @superfeluously_e the ending of this chapter doesn't make sense to me either. Here you have a human, granted with a shiele who risked her life to: find Nick's lair- which NO other wolf/Alpha/Council has been able to do thereby shutting down his forced prostitution ring/torture dungeon/illegal scent masking/cub kidnapping/silver torture experiments and a whole host of other nasty sins, Confirm the kidnap and torture of Natasha and Karim, Stop the spread of silver chemo which was actually killing wolves. Their answer to the magnitude of things she has done to SAVE their community is not to offer a thanks of any kind, but to test and try to control her. Oh, and sentence her to death. WHAT???? It really doesn't make any sense. They devote all this time and energy to unfairly try and sentence her to death, but not send EVERY wolf in attendance there to hunt this Grey wolf, Nick who has done unspeakable things. It just doesn't make sense.

MickeyKMickeyKover 3 years ago

THANK YOU TO jpz007ahren, cantfihtfate, and superfrluously_e and this last Anon beneath me!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! EVERYTHING I’ve been thinking, shaking head at AND wondering!!!!!! Plus WHAT IS A Senshal!?! It’s not amongst your list of explanations! I CAN’T make sense of this and where it’s going! I’m going to finish it because MAYBE THEN I’ll understand and quite possibly ONCE I DO I’ll go back and re-read it with the knowledge of how it all came together in the end! MAYBE! Because I’M going BERSERK HERE!!! Oh to ADD to that ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY would go insane or berserk when you realize and come to the conclusion you’re No Longer Human you’ve been Turned Werewolf But are Not Welcomed, Feared, Tested, Made an Outcast and Only Helped And Befriended by a few! She’s LUCKY to have them ESPECIALLY her MATE!!! Plus the Desire and Urge to kill is NATURAL FOR NEW WOLFS!!!! This Were Kingdom makes no sense because it’s also NATURAL to find mates amongst humans which is why for Mac, who called her Picchu even BEFORE he turned her is because he RECOGNIZED her AS SUCH!!! And I KNEW THAT BÎTÇH OF A “EXPERT” was gonna try something after their visit! People Like her and other ones On Top Get their power and Anytime ANYBODY ESPECIALLY one seen as BELOW or BENEATH THEM DARE QUESTION THEM! Oh Their thinking’s HELL NO!!! And this cub STILL in touch with DEAR DADDY GREY pushing her like that I BELIEVE THAT BÎTÇH “EXPERT” is in Choots with him which is ANOTHER thing people who’ve gotten so much power under them WILL and HAS DONE make a DEAL WITH THE DEVIL to PROVE and KEEP being in that power!!! I’m GLAD AND OH SO HAPPY she and Mac are GONE AWAY for MANY REASONS but to put here is ESPECIALLY SO THEY CAN PROVE SHE’S NOT A DANGER! In FACT WOLFS MATES ARE AMONGST HUMANS!!!! Ok I Better Stop! And just continue! I’m So Glad I don’t have to wait to finish this because IF I DID I may not have returned! Things can be and have been disjointed!! And I’m Praying and Hoping it ALL comes together in the end!!! So off I go to find out!

K_FletcherK_Fletcherabout 3 years ago

I’m just gonna say - wow.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous