Pay It Forward Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"I will talk with your father. I will take the blame, if you need me to, but I can't agree to an abortion." Gianni concluded. Someone tapped on the car window startling them.

"Oh Sister Kara, I didn't know this was you. Look we're trying to lock the gate. I hate to rush you, but we need you to clear the parking lot." The older gentleman stated.

"Sorry, thank you Brother Dodge. We're leaving now." Kara assured him.

As they drove off, Manson Dodge called the pastor. Something heavy was going on with those two young people and he felt the need to warm him. Pastor Johnson hung up the phone and looked right into the face of his wife Donna.

Donna hugged him and told him it would be alright. Reverend Johnson held his wife and prayed for strength. He knew Kara was hiding something. He saw how she reacted when she saw that young man walk into the church. Something big was going on, but he'd raised his daughter to fear God and obey his commandments. He prayed she remembered her teachings.

Gianni drove to her house, and he helped her from the car. She didn't want him here and they could talk tomorrow. Upsetting her wouldn't help, so he'd back off for the night. I see what Mamma meant, you're not even here yet and I'm getting gray hair. he grinned as he thought about his unborn child.

"What are you grinning about?" Kara demanded.

Gianni looked at her and said, "If we have a girl, I was wondering will she be as strong-willed and as lovely as her mother." And to him, Kara was beautiful. Her caramel colored skinned was so fresh and clear, he imagined how soft it was for months. That night, they were drunk, but he remembered it in clear details. It was the most magical night of his life. She was his first, as he was hers. He recalled her crying out when he entered her the first time, and how hot and tight she was. He came so quickly, that the whole thing was over in a few minutes. She whispered "I hate you." Then she slept. He lay beside her, drunk, tired, but he watched her and knew his heart belonged to the one girl that detested him more than anything else on the planet.

He was in his small office doing paper work, when Kara stormed in a week ago and hit him with her backpack. She attacked him, calling him all kinds of names. "You bastard, sick fuck, I hate you." She ranted.

He grabbed her hands to stop her assault. "What did I do now? You told me to stay away from you. Don't call. I've done everything you've asked."

Exhaling Gianni stood and closed the door. "What are you blaming me for now?" he demanded.

"You dumb prick. You got me pregnant." She hissed. Stunned, Gianni was speechless. She waited. "Well, say something." She demanded.

"Pregnant, Kara, I will take care of both of you. You don't have to worry about anything." He whispered. "I promise."

Kara could not breathe; she had to remind herself that she didn't like this guy. He was the enemy. He had gotten her pregnant and if her family found out, they'd be devastated. Then he kissed her, and for a moment, she forgot that she hated him. She loved being in his arms and she never wanted to be anyplace else.

"I'm not having it Gianni. I'm aborting." She whispered. His heart froze. She planned to kill his child. She could not be serious.

"Kara, wait, We need to talk." Gianni stuttered. "You can't do this."

"I have no choice. I can't have a baby right now. My Dad would be devastated. I shouldn't have told you." She said regretfully.

"Kara, I'll talk to him. Have you gone to a doctor?" Gianni asked.

"I have an appointment at Life's Choice next Tuesday. I can't have this baby Gianni." Kara whispered.

"Kara, please don't. Look, I have to go home for a week. Please don't do anything harsh until I get back and we talk, alright." Gianni asked.

"Gianni, you have to come with me. Both parents have to be there." She explained. "So I'll wait."

"I drive home tonight. But I'll come back as soon as the wedding is over and we can talk more then. Just to let you know, I can't agree to an abortion." Gianni stated, "But, hopefully we can find something we can agree on."

She left his office, but not before he'd gotten her number.

It was a hard week. But he went home, hiding this secret. But today, he had to see her. They had reached her family's home. Gianni cut his car off, and just looked at her. Kara started to speak, when her father's voice cut her off.

"Kara, Gianni, what took you two so long. Dinner's waiting." Reverend Johnson voice boomed across the yard. Gianni was about to refuse the invitation when the bigger man walked over threw his arm around him and led him into the house. Kara followed them, nervously, wondering if her dad had figured out the truth.

As she entered the house her mother, offered Gianni a seat and asked to speak with her. Her grandmother would join them. She entered her mother's private space prepared to fabricate her behind off.

"How far along are you, child?" Donna asked.

Kara stuttered, "Momma, what are you talking about?" She asked unconsciously rubbing her stomach.

"Oh, so you're going there. Kara, you're pregnant, aren't you?" Donna asked point blank.

"Darn it Gianni! Kara thought Why did he have to come here? Two days, two days and this nightmare would be over.she fumed.

She didn't answer. Donna looked in her eyes and she saw that she was terrified. "Kara, are you pregnant?" tears spilled down her cheeks.

Donna moved to embrace her daughter. "It's alright, Kara. We need to talk to your father."

"Momma, I'm sorry. I never wanted to embarrass you. The church-" Kara started to explain.

"Listen to me. I will be honest. Yes, I am disappointed. I never wanted this for any of you. My hope was that you'd marry and have a home before bringing children into this world. But things happen. You know your father will demand answers. I'm assuming it's Gianni's." Donna whispered.

Kara stiffened. "Yes Ma'am. I just told him; he didn't know... We didn't mean..." she couldn't say anymore.

Her grandmother hugged her, "I don't know much about him, but from what I have seen he seems like an honorable man. All of us will talk to your father after dinner; now go wash your face." She kissed her wet cheek and watched her leave.

As soon as Kara walked out Donna collapsed in her chair. Three daughters, and the one she did all she could to protect still ended up a pregnant unwed mother. This was wrong, unfair. That boy did this. He seduced her baby and ruined her life.

"How could she do this? She knows better. She let some white boy use her and now her life is ruined. I could strangle that girl. How could she be dumb enough to let that boy use her? He has the gall to come to my house. I should-" Lizzie, her mother-in law stopped her.

"Donna, they both had a part in this. Let's talk to him first and then we'll see. He was at least man enough to show up. Can you say that about the other two young men?" Lizzie said.

Kara returned to the room and noticed how tense her mother was. She knew this was bad, but she'd never seen her mother this close to snapping. She took a deep breath and told them she was ready.

Donna had one question, "How far along are you?"

"I'm two months." She answered quietly.

Lizzie stood, "Donna, Kara, come on."

While the women were in their meeting, Reverend Johnson wanted to get to know the young Mr. Russo. "So, Gianni, You're in the grad program at Pembridge. Kind of young aren't you. How old are you son?"

"I'm twenty-three, sir. I'm entering my second year in the program." He answered politely.

"How do you know Kara? She's a junior, bright future that girl. I have a graduation gift planned for her next year that will blow her socks off." He looked at Gianni. "I don't want anything to interfere with her schooling. She is the only one of my kids that hasn't messed up." He declared proudly.

"I was a teacher's assistant for a math course she took. Later we met at a campus function." Gianni explained. He felt guilty. He didn't think about how this pregnancy affected Kara, just what he wanted. He wondered if they could compromise. She could have the life her family dreamed for her, and he'd take full responsibility for their child. He just could not agree to an abortion. He could see why she considered it, but he just couldn't agree.

Mrs. Johnson, Kara, and her grandmother returned. Some more of her family members arrived. For a moment, Gianni felt like he was back home with his brothers. Then he'd remember he wasn't. He complimented Mrs. Johnson and Grand mere Johnson on such a delicious meal.

He made his excuses to leave as he looked at Kara once more. She felt something for him. She couldn't explain it, or describe it. But a part of her knew he'd protect her and that baby no matter what. Even if it meant walking away. Suddenly, she needed him to stay. She knew her mother would tell dad and she didn't want to face him alone. So she did the only thing she could. She stopped Gianni from leaving.

"Gianni, wait." Kara took a deep breath. Gianni instantly moved to her side and stood with her, Kara faced her father, terrified, not knowing what to expect, but she knew instinctively, Gianni was there for her.

"Daddy, I'm pregnant. Gianni's the father." She announced nervously.

Reverend Johnson stood, glared at the two of them and ordered, "Follow me to my office, now."

Donna moved instinctively to follow her daughter. She recalled how her husband reacted when Shelia and Janice got pregnant. She prayed he would not react the same this time. Once they reached his office, he closed the door.

He glared at Gianni, but he could not find fault in the young man. He stood up to him, answered his questions. When Kara told them, he stood by her side, never wavering. He never mentioned the pregnancy, and he was sure it was to protect Kara.

"Rev. Johnson-" Gianni broke the silence.

"Shut up. I invite you into my home. And then learn you've taken advantage of my daughter." He demanded.

"Kara, I bragged on you today. Told everyone what a morally upright, strong-minded woman you are. But you're nothing but a Jezebel. One whose willing to spread-" Gianni interrupted.

"Sir, I mean no disrespect, but I cannot sit here and let you speak to her this way. You are out of line and you are wrong." Gianni insisted.

"You whelp. Just because you're sleeping with her, you think you can confront me in my home." Rev. Johnson was disappointed, and hurt.

"Honey, please. Let's calm down." Donna suggested.

Her husband looked at his daughter and then his wife. He looked at the young man standing with her, He liked the young man. He had just met him, but he knew he was a stand-up guy. He wouldn't abandon his children.

"So, Gianni, what now. How can we fix this?" he asked.

Gianni faced the man before him. A man he knew he could grow to respect. "Rev. Johnson, I have three suggestions. Please hear me out and then tell me what you think. My first suggestion was that Kara and I marry. I know we're young, but we need to do what's best for our child. I can cut back on my course load and go to work full time. I'll finish my degree, and should be able to provide a decent life for the three of us." Gianni stopped and let that suggestion sink in.

"You said you had three suggestions. What is your second one?" the reverend demanded.

"I've asked Kara to give the baby to me. I'll take full responsibility and raise him or her on my own. There is no reason for her life to change." Gianni finished.

Reverend Johnson sat in his seat. He'd never met a young man who was willing to take full custody of a new born. His respect for young Mr. Russo grew tremendously.

"Wait, you want to take our grandbaby. Where will you take him or her?" Donna asked. There was no way they'd give this baby to this young man. This was her grandbaby.

"Mrs. Johnson, I'd take him home. He'll be surrounded with love and probably spoiled rotten." Gianni explained.

Reverend Johnson spoke once again, "We'd never deny you your child, but we cannot let you take him. He's a Johnson, He stays here. Kara will stop school and go to work. She can go back when the baby is older." The reverend declared.

Kara decided to speak, "Daddy, I can finish school. I have one more year." She explained.

"Not without the scholarship from the church. It's forfeited now. You got pregnant dear. That was one stipulation for them covering your cost." The Reverend explained sadly.

Kara sat, and stared at her father. She understood, the board controlled the scholarship. They would definitely revoke it from her now.

Gianni spoke, "You have one more year, and you will finish it I'll pay for it. I've saved some money over the years and it should be enough. If not, I'll find the rest. Kara, you will finish your degree. I promise."

She looked at him, surprised. He had money saved. He lived in faculty apartments, never ate out, and rarely went anywhere. The only reason she hooked up with him was because her douche bag friends got her drunk. He was working his way through school. He couldn't pay for her too.

"Gianni, it's alright. I'll transfer to a local college and get a loan. I'll be fine. It's not your problem." she assured him.

"Kara, let me do this. If I prove to you I can pay your tuition, will you let me?" he asked.

"OK," she conceded. "If you prove it to me, I'll agree. But we split the cost on the baby,"

"What is the third suggestion? I want to hear it." Reverend Johnson demanded.

Gianni blanched, eyes tearing at the final thought. He couldn't agree to this. But he had to put it out there. "She can abort." Then the tears fell, "But I won't agree with that one. This is my child too, and I want him to live."

"NO!" Donna exclaimed. "How can you suggest such a thing?" she glared at him. "Get out. Go. Now!"

Gianni opened his mouth to explain when Kara spoke up in his defense. "Momma, I told him I want to abort. Gianni, never..."

"Kara, murder is a sin, Gianni sit down. I apologize son, we have judged you unfairly." Reverend Johnson acknowledged immediately.

He turned towards his daughter. But Gianni couldn't let him say anything more to her. She was the mother of his child, his future wife. It was his job, as a man, to protect her. "Reverend Johnson, she didn't mean it. It was just a thought."

"Gianni's right, Daddy. I could never hurt my baby. I'm sorry I let you down and if you want me to leave, I'll go." She whispered. "But I hope you can forgive me one day, and let me back in."

Big Bad Reverend Johnson stood and hugged his baby girl. "I'm going to tell you the same thing I told both your sisters. I love you Kara. I love my grandchild. Never doubt my love for you alright, and you picked a good guy here. Any man that would stand up to me and defend you in my home is worthy of you, daughter. You hold on to him and treat him right."

"Son, welcome to the family. Hmmm, I never thought I'd be welcoming a white boy into the family." As he shook his hand and laughed. Gianni felt odd, but kept his thoughts to himself.

Gianni smiled. His child would live. He'd be a father in a few months. "Yes, thank you, sir ma'am." He stood and embraced her in her father's home, in front of her family. Kara melted. She felt safe, and secure. Then she remembered, "Oh right, I don't like him. as she playfully pushed him away.

"Good now that's settled. Kara you two need to decide on a wedding date. It needs to be sooner than later. You can marry at the church. Gianni, I want to talk with your father." Reverend Johnson demanded.

Gianni chucked. When Reverend Johnson asked for his father one man came to mind, Mr. MacGregor. He was as close to a father as he ever had. "Of course, Mr. Johnson. I'll call tonight to inform him you two need to meet. Kara, you need to meet my family. Will you go home with me next Saturday to meet them?"

"Um, OK. Sure. What time?" she asked. They decided to drive down Saturday morning. She was nervous and wondering how his family would react when he brought a black girl home."

Gianni then left and went back to his apartment. Tomorrow he'd check his accounts and make sure he could cover her tuition. He decided to call his Mom first and then Mr. MacGregor.

"Hello, Gia, is everything alright?" Maria asked. She had worried about her son ever since he'd driven away.

Gianni took a deep breath. "Mom, sit down. I have to tell you something."

"Mijo, you're scaring me. What is it?" she asked voice full of fear.

"Momma, I'm going to be a father in seven months." he stated. Maria was stunned. She knew he was hiding something, but she didn't expect this.

"Momma, Momma, are you there?" he asked concerned. Gianni knew this was a big deal, but he hoped she wouldn't be too upset.

"Ah Mijo, a bambino. Who is the mother? Is she why you had to leave? When will I meet her? Oh Mijo." she sighed "Are you happy?"

"Yes, Momma, happy and scared." Gianni answered. "You will meet her soon. I'm bringing her home to meet everyone this weekend."

He talked with her a little longer and then let her go to bed. Next he had to call Mr. MacGregor. Shaun answered and listened to his news. He was proud if this young man. He didn't back down, but faced his responsibilities. Gianni also explained that Reverend Johnson wanted to talk with his father. He wanted permission to give him his number.

Shaun was more than honored. He had always considered all of the boys his sons, but to have Gianni acknowledge him as his father was the highest honor he could bestow upon him.

Delia, Maria, and Sara met for lunch the next day to talk about the exciting news. Michal and Clemmie were engaged, and now Gianni was about to be a father. So many changes, so fast.

Michal and Clemmie spent most of the night celebrating their engagement. The next morning, Clemmie called Sharon to mess with her and see how she and Darren were doing. She didn't pick up and Clemmie was not surprised.

Shaun reported to the office and stopped by Kevin's office. Not surprisingly, another secretary had quit. Knock, knock"Come in." Kevin answered grouchily.

"No wonder the young ladies keep quitting. Do I have to put Delia back onto you boy?" Shaun joked as he walked into his protégé's office.

"Oh God, no. She'll make me face my feelings, ug!" Kevin grumbled.

"I've got exciting news. Seems you're going to be an uncle in a few months."

"Wait, Darren got her pregnant already. Man he's fast." Kevin laughed.

"No, not Darren. Gianni. He and his young lady are coming home this weekend; I want you to be nice." Shaun told him. Kevin was very protective of Gianni and if he thought someone was taking advantage of him, he'd attack.

"That's what was wrong yesterday. I knew something wasn't right. Is he sure..." Kevin stopped. He'd meet this girl first, and if she seemed untrustworthy in anyway, he'd protect his little brother.

Eventually news of the new baby got around quickly. Gianni found himself the recipient of many phone calls. All ending with him getting his butt kicked for not telling. He went to work and taught a class. At the end of the day, he wanted to see Kara. It amazed him how important she had become to him in such a short time. He saw her with her friends at the food court but decided not to approach her. He wasn't sure what type of reception he'd received. And he didn't want to cause her discomfort in front of her friends.

Kara looked up and saw Gianni watching her. She smiled at him and then looked away quickly. Her friends didn't know who the father of her child was, and they definitely didn't know he was white. As she stood talking with her friends, Denzel and Timothy walked up. They invited them to a party. Kara refused, citing she had other plans.

Denzel asked were they with white boy. You left the party with him, and I know he was at church Sunday. Kara tried to shrug him off, but he was persistent. Not liking the way things were looking, Gianni decided to intervene. If she didn't like it, to bad. He had more than her feelings to consider.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers