All Comments on 'Peaks and Valleys'

by Saxon_Hart

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very good story

It reminds me a little of a movie I once saw called "The Eiger Sanction," with Clint Eastwood. Great story. A five, for sure.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
I enjoyed the read

and found the mountaineering stuff fairly interesting, but it is so very frustrating to read a story like this and be denied a final confrontation. Especially seeing as how I actually really liked Tracy through most of the story.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
TO REACH ANY PINNACLE

you have to scale and rappel pitfalls close at hand, TK U MLJ LV NV

TexasBBTexasBBabout 7 years ago
Enjoyed It

I liked the plot twist where Tracy goes from being the totally supportive and likable character to the cheater. The story gave a good indication of the total shock that the situation would likely bring

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
What Obo1 Said About Confrontation

And a nice twist at the end making Franklin the bad guy! I truly didn't see that coming!

Happy Legends Day!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Did not see it coming

Nice twist in a well written story. Almost lost me with the "pranks" though. The childishness of that segment detracted from the story. Liked reading about the climbing. Would have liked to understand a little bit why she cheated but that's minor stuff. Rousing good story! Thanks.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Great Characters, Great Plot

What a disappointment and surprise Tracy turned out to be, in a great plot twisting way. Great read. Thank you. *****

Go Buffs!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
too self centered

too self centered to feel "sorry" for. The dude was an asshole who married an asshole, so why worry? they deserved each other.

then again, anyone who puts a "climb" above family isn't worth having around anyway. Climbers tend to be self-centered shits...

oshawoshawabout 7 years ago

Another incredible story. I was drawn in from the beginning of your gut-wrenching tale,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A really long lead in

After reading Into Thin Air, Serious mountain climbers are nuts, and the Shirpas are the real climbers. Back the story, after a very long, dull lead in, the bomb drops about his wife and lover, and the fool then goes on the climb with two people who he knows are trying to kill him? The narrative was rushed, where detail would have been interesting. How did Tracy ever talk her way up, sick as she was. Why would she go up there anyway? What were Rob and Tracy thinking as their plans went to shit? The Everest bit would much better be told from Rob & Tracy's point of view, alternating with Rad's point of view. That was were the drama was, but that section was rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Saxon hart...

You make cheating stories where cheating isn't central to the story. It's nice to read a story that hasn't been told a billion times on here. Bravo to you sir!! Also thank you to blackrandl1958 and Lit for Legend's day, and hope we don't have to wait long for more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a mess

Does anyone actually get off on this excessive emotional turmoil? It's so hackneyed.

The farthest thing from erotic or entertaining.

dallasgentleman020dallasgentleman020about 7 years ago
Great story telling.

I enjoyed it all the way through. Very creative way to BTB and anyone else who f***ed with the hero. I've never climbed and probably never will, but your descriptions seem extremely accurate.

Floydfan1964Floydfan1964about 7 years ago
Original idea

I had to say it was original story line and not what I was expecting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just a suggestion

Very enjoyable story. However some people get really disappointed based on the category. This would fit well in the romance category. This story really fits well into other categories as well - outdoor adventure, which I wish was an option and even a bit into the detective story area. Very good. I'm guessing that much of it is from real life.

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGabout 7 years ago
Well done

Always like reading your stories,Saxon. This one was no different. Loved the setup & the execution. Top marks,and please continue to write. Thanks for being a part of Legends day!

eworceworcabout 7 years ago
Another great story

Thanks for sharing another well written story. I especially liked the surprise twist at the end.

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

great story, Thats what should happen to people who cheat and also to men that like their women to fuck other men. Thank you for all your tales and welcome to the hall of fame

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well !

Saw the move it was better!!!!!!

TrtrolesTrtrolesabout 7 years ago
another good one

What can I say. Another good story. I am happy to see you back. Only wish you write more.

Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it very much

Up until the last page I was actually enthralled. Very well written and constructed. A very engaging style and storyline. Once he found out about the affair, and then Frankie, I found myself a bit confused. I will reread to see if I missed something. Was she in love with Frankie or Rob? If she had to be blackmailed into continuing her affair with Rob, why was she so dismissive of hubby after being confronted? She never argued or fought to get Rad back. She just disappointed from the story - I mean as a fully developed character. You wrote her so well early on, convinced us all that she was utterly committed to Rad, and then when it is discovered that she was not as depicted, she is silenced and fades into the background. Probably four stars from me, but it just might be your best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Good but I didn't see her as a cheater she was so in love . That's the only part I didn't like

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
fuck no

ending ruined it. it was fucking rushed. we got no explanation on Tracy's cheating. a confrontation and some closure was needed there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pretty Good Stuff

It was an interesting story and very well written. It held my interest fully until all the technical stuff about climbing came into the picture, and that's when the "picture" pretty much faded out for me. I'm not the least bit interested in mountain climbing so when it became an important part of the plot my interest in the story dropped quickly.

As others have said, though, the ending did seem rushed and I would have loved to

see Tracy's explanation of what happened. One last thing: The term "whore-husk". What a fantastic word-pairing descriptive. I've never seen it before, and I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

You never know what is going to happen in life.

Boyd Percy

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
You create some great and memorable characters in your stories

We've had correspondence in the past about the characters in A Merry Little Christmas. You've created great characters in this story too. However, as others have pointed out, the ending was rushed, no explanation for the cheating, no confrontation. The middle of the story could have had less description, with a longer ending to properly explain things.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Honestly?

A girl who loves her husband to death. Enough to attend a funeral or do anything for him, suddenly turns into a cheating shut. That's the worst demented story I've ever read. This could have made an excellent romance category story. But you just had to ruin it with the ending.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 7 years ago
Didn't make sense

Tracy's betrayal made absolutely no sense and felt forced. Up to that point you had believable characters - that however broke the fourth wall and ruined the story.

Overall score 2/5

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Great to have you back posting

I really enjoy your work , you truly belong in the Legends Day line up .

There was a great build up , which is your style , but then the ending was ..... kinda bare . I would have loved to have had a verbal confrontation between Rad and Tracy . That's the one nagging thing that needed expounded on , IMO. Also would like to have known how his mother died .

But it was still a very good tale indeed . Thank you for sharing it with us .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written

But it was hard to like. After the second time she punks him by lying to him, I'm thinking most men would NOT have married her. But her final betrayal felt wrong, considering it really came out of the blue. You had me convinced she really loved him. As for the climbing side of this story? K2 is probably the most difficult and most dangerous climb on the planet. More people may have died on Everest, but that's because everyone wants to climb "the tallest". K2 is far deadlier. It's Companies like Rad's that try to take unqualified, rich people and drag their asses up the mountains that have ruined mountaineering and led to numerous fatalities. This was well written but I just didn't like the climbing parts nor the final outcome. Good to have you posting again. Maybe some more stories in the future?

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 7 years ago
Really Enjoy Your Writings

And this was terrific too! Thank you for sharing!!

Great tale, but the conclusion "felt" rushed.

Still, it held my full attention throughout and I liked the twist at the end!!

Please, please - keep writing!!

ohioohioabout 7 years ago
Very well done

I found this gripping and very involving. I will confess that the final page's plot twists didn't convince me--above all because they seemed to change the characters we had gotten to know almost beyond recognition. But I read along with you intensely from start to finish.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Could have been a great story...

... but ultimately fails because of imbalance. You dedicate 3 pages to describe in detail the birth and blooming of a loving relationship and then this investment goes to waist, as the last 2 pages are essentially about climbing a mountain. Summarily you dispose of what you built in the first 3 pages. We don't get a confrontation, an explanation or any drama about the dissolving of the marriage. It's like "I m divorcing you for cheating, sayonara baby" and a few days later Tracy dies. The End. That;s why so many comentators find the resolution of the story not convincing.

FireFox59FireFox59about 7 years ago
Different

Well written, enjoyable, and different "loving wife" tale. My only problem was the lack of more detail on Tracy's cheating. She seemed like two different characters from the first three pages to the last two. Very confusing. Or it could be I just suck at reading comprehension!! Thanks for joining in the Legends Day.

looking4itlooking4itabout 7 years ago

Enjoyable. I didn't think you did a good job setting up the cheating. I know it seemed like you were trying to keep your twist hidden but you spend 3+ pages of a story that was something more suited for romance. I knew it was LW so kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and when it did it didn't make sense with the relationship you built. Even the "hints" at the end didn't really answer questions. So the twist, in my opinion, fell short because it was unsubstantiated and therefore fell short in its effectiveness.

IrrumatioIrrumatioabout 7 years ago
Needed explanation for the cheating

It was enjoyable, but like Looking4It, I wanted to know why she cheated. That just came out of, er, thin air.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not Buying it.

Not buying the whole bit about Franklin. Possibly a one time thing Rob while he was on K2 but that doesn't fit with her character. But neither does the bit when they were rafting. Story would have been much better as a Romance w/o the cheating where he returns as often as possible to visit her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
not a real great read...

.....story was kind of "garbled". Personalities didn't seem to fit situations or outcomes. Some important instances such as when he told her why he was divorcing her had one sentence devoted to what I would have considered a major part of the story and seemed a travesty and certainly a missed opportunity to liven this otherwise dull tome up. There were a few more like this. All and all a pretty poor offering.

dardefdardefabout 7 years ago
What happened

You turned a love story into a cheating wife without any background or reason,,not good storytelling....

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
I have to agree with the other comments...

I have to agree with the other comments...A good story well written, but the twist in the final was too much twisted...And a little rushed too...Why in hell would she cheated on him from nowhere? Even what the ex-boyfriend said didn't put any light in it...Finally why he knowing all that was going to happen, didn't took any precautions to avoid it? Why would she want to kill her husband? And the ex-boyfriend was as a non existent character, just showing up in the end to be the assassin...However a good read...3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Meh.

Killing off the cheaters feels like a cheat of it's own. No confrontation and no revenge equals no emotional catharsis. The end result is a well told tale you really don't care about. Like I said, "Meh."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story, great writing, 5 stars, but...

Like others have commented, I thought Tracey cheating on him was so abrupt that it came off as unbelievable. They had a great romance and marriage and then, all of a sudden, not only was Tracey cheating on him, but she was conspiring to kill him on the mountain! It was a stretch trying to make us believe his adoring wife was cheating, but murder? That would mean she probably NEVER had feelings for him, but that wasn't borne out by the story. Then you tossed in the Franklin character and confused me even further - then the story ended. Very brusque ending. So I did give you 5 stars for the writing, but the story just really fell short. Pun intended. LOL

LazylonerLazylonerabout 7 years ago
It has promise, but so much was rushed

Saxon, I usually really enjoy your stories, but this one felt very rushed, especially everything surrounding the Everest climb and aftermath.

The funny thing is that it started with Tracy showing signs of HAPE. I don't climb, but I do know that no professional climber would have allowed Tracy to stay on the slope and the Sherpas would have forced her to head down the mountain. Too many people would have been risking their lives to get her to the top after she showed the signs of HAPE. It's not something you can talk your way out of.

The rest of the plot also was confusing there. I don't know if you have climbed Everest. I haven't, but I do find the tales of the work fascinating and to the best of my knowledge the rules that have been put in place after some of the tragedies would have prevented the scenario you describe. The deadliest day ever on the mountain was partly caused by too many people trying to summit on the same day, yet this group is actually larger than the number that saw multiple deaths occur.

The fact that you kind of skip any form of closure also hurt the story. We never learn why Rob wanted the main character dead and as others have said Tracy's change for being the ultimate loving wife to being very unemotional when Rad said he was going to divorce her doesn't match the character you had written up to that point.

The final reveal of Franklin being a mastermind made less sense. It's a neat twist, but would Tracy really have been quiet about the earlier situation? And could Franklin really have believed he could win her back?

Too many questions left in an otherwise interesting story by one of the better authors to post here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A waste of a GREAT plot

Did Tracy got a brain tumour and you forgot to put in some page?The last page went downhill...I can't understand how Tracy got braindead and wanted to kill him.It's very hard to understand...you didn't even get us some clue.I was expecting her pranks would lead to something awry, but the(awesome) plot it went downhill in the last page.

cpetecpeteabout 7 years ago
Nice,.....

Lots of detail and I felt like I was on the mountain myself.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Gripping sad story… left a bit unfinished

Tragic boy’s life… {mother shows him disdain instead of love}

… Becomes the dream… {found his true love who has an odd and disturbing knack for pulling pranks that destroy him}

… Until it’s suddenly not… {wife not only cheats on him but also plots his murder}

… He survives… {the others die or go to prison}

… The End

4*

Very good writing, as we’ve come to expect from you. I’m disappointed, however, that the conflict between husband and wife was essentially ignored. About all that was said was, “She gave me a quick divorce,” – that’s the lone highlight from a short paragraph that dealt with the end of their relationship. If there was some other takeaway… e.g., an attempt to illustrate Rad’s abandonment issues by having him simply ignore Tracy at the end… I simply didn’t get it.

I thank you very much for your contribution.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 7 years ago
Story was rushed at the end

Must had been the deadline for 3/17

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Another brain transplant

Nice detailed story, but I am not a fan of devoted wives suddenly becoming immoral heartless cheaters. Why build up the relationship so much, showing how much they love each other, then toss it all out the window? We get no input from her or her reaction or attempted explanation- she's just a toss away figure. Oh, if you are suffering from altitude sickness, there is no way you make that summit- it's not possible. So, some serious flaws that prevented me from fully enjoying the story, but I appreciate all the effort and your contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
As mentioned

The build up was great. Almost to the point of being too much.

Honestly, why go to that detail only to destroy the relationship with secret unknown cheating asshole who is given NO description at all.

Much ado about nothing.

But it was still well written and. Better than most.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Started ok

The first part of the story was very well written. The last seemed like a train wreck. Rad basically was the reason for the failed marriage. Tracy didn't want him to climb K2. Love and marriage is a 2 way street and Rad was too selfish to consider Tracy's feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Disappointed

Story was very well written but why turn on Tracy in the end. Nothing up till the end suggested that she was anything but devoted to Rad. No explanation but just guessing that Rob was able to charm the pants off her. And what was Rob's motive for wanting Rad dead? Screwing your partner's wife is one thing but killing him? Doesn't make sense. The whole plot reveal at the end doesn't make any sense. And earlier in the story the implication was that Tracy was in on the attempt to kill Rad. What?

If the author wanted to write about a devoted wife who turns on her husband, why go through 4 1/2 pages of plot and character development to get to that plot point?

Very disappointed!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

Why is she calling HIM an asshole after the TWO pranks she pulled on him?

@Anonymous 07/05/17 Re: “Started ok” - Rad was too selfish so she’s going to KILL him???

Presumably Franklin was still her ex when they formed the partnership, why did she agree to partnering with him, especially without telling Rad.

Rad refers to Franklin as her lover when he went to prison, WERE they lovers again? There’s just too much left unsaid, especially Tracy’s switcheroo from devoted lover to cheating murderess!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Mixed Thoughts

Great story, disappointed how Tracy turned out, but that's the price of reading "Loving Wives".

That said, I have a critique: There should be SOMETHING, some explanation no matter how weak, something for the reader to process as to the 'why'. I'm all about mind screws, but what happened seemed to go against her character at the last minute, and not much of an explanation for it.

My heart says 3* for the ending, but I'll give you 5* for the quality of the story anyway. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree...

I agree with all the others who complained of the quick change of behavior and dismissal of Tracy. The why was poorly executed and far too quick. Loss of a star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
😱

That third act thrilled me to no end...

But like everyone else, I hated the sudden turn for the wife, not that I didn't know to not expect it... And I hate not having closure...

I don't have a lit account but if I did, I'd rate this 4.25*... The storytelling, the dialogue, the naturalism of it all should be commended... The lost 0.75* are due to my complaints...

You really are one of the better writers on Lit...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
wtf happened with Tracy?

This was my first thought after I finished this story. From looking at some other comments, I realize I wasn't the only one. Tracy was a likable character, and then suddenly without explanation she wasn't. It's a 180 that I don't see was earned based on everything that came before. Sure, you never really know someone completely, but he had every reason to trust Tracy. If the moral of this story is, "you can't trust what appears to be a trustworthy spouse," well then you can't trust any spouse. I'd hate to live like that.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
You say Tracy changed her personality and character?

First, she was a tramp who immediately fucked him. Second, she fucked with his head unforgivably on the pregnancy thing. Then she fucked with him making him think she was going to see a hot guy which was unforgivable given the first head fucking. She also never fessed up Franklin was her previous guy. Given all that I find the story quite consistent and believable. Awesome story!

You guys that like Tracy need to learn the difference between a great vacation fuck and wife material.

I also have a problem with Gray going along with the head fucking the second time. Fuck them both. Moving on.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
I'd favorite the author

but I favorite no one who writes incest stories. What a bunch of sick fucks the readers and writers of those are.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago
What would we do without Left Field?

Let me say this LOUDLY and CLEARLY: I really liked this story. I enjoyed the main character muchly and I 'got' their relationship pretty well.

Almost every beat worked for me.

Yup...you can hear it...you can feel that sense of foreboding...you know it's coming...this is called foreshadowing

BUT...

We could see the Rob/Tracy fuck fest coming. We could even see it come on the heels of the K2. And the reveal: wow! Well done.

The emotional impact, the actions, the reveal reminds me of a 40 year old 'magician assistant' who rolls her eyes and whips the scarf off the magic trick before the magician finished his line of patter.

And then we had Franklin. NOTHING was established about him. I read this story about 30 minutes ago and for the life of me, I can't remember ANYTHING about him being mentioned in the first half of the story.

How did FRANKLIN get to be her lover? He's crippled! And if he was 'her lover', how did Rob get to replace him...and then him BLACKMAILING her to keep nailing him because...because...

The quality character development work and the description of the climbing really carried this story. The cheating was almost an aside though the murder plot was nicely done, though the Franklin twist simply did not work for me in any way.

Still, a solid story.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

A decent story, but as other people have commented, Franklin came out of left field to be the villain.

It was a shame you glossed over the divorce with Tracy. At least some kind of final conversation between them would have been nice.

Tracy seemed like a very mixed up character. The totally unfunny pranks could probably be put down as immaturity, especially as she was loving and supportive when his mother died. But then she kept Franklin secret and got seduced by Rob, then was trying to kill her husband... Did she have multiple personalities?

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Peaks and Valleys

This story was mostly peaks, exciting, informative, suspenseful, and very detailed. The story of Rad's life and successes in college, business and climbing were solid. The early relationship , and marriage with Tracy perfect. The last part was the valley for me. Tracy's change from loving wife to heartless slur didn't ring true. Where did Franklin come from, and what was his hold on Tracy? We saw Rob coming a mile away, but not how he so easily seduced Tracy . Other questions remain, but those are the main ones for me. Over all, an excellent story, and one I will read again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Just need to flesh the ending out a little more. Why did tracy decide after everything to cheat. How did cranking persuade her. The ending was missing what the beggining and middle had but damn good read regardless

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I hate to be the odd man out here but I didn’t care for this story much at all. It was way too wordy, it was too long for what it ended up being, and at times it was just flat out boring. I read it all the way through but I wish now I’d quit after the first page.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

It was good up until the foe Frankie arrived. The late pop-in of Frankie as the other devil just did not fit. Sure there were reasons after the fact but not upfront to set a premise for his entry/plot much less being Tracy's Master. She CHEATED on Rad in <3 mos after how many years of marriage and living together?

OK we saw her gullible-ness when her chick-click pulled that pregnancy crap on Rad - she was a follower. So Rob seducing her could happen but Frankie being her Master just did not fit. 3.8* barely

The medical doc did not have the power to stop Tracy - don't fit, especially when Rad warned him she insisted in going! Doc would have assigned a Sherpa to dog her when the doc was not with her. No sneaking away possible. Plus the doc would have lost his Nepal license (much less the bad PR) letting her go on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story

It was a good story, and I liked it. That is, I liked it until Tracy’s totally unbelievable personality change and her decision to help kill Rad. That little plot twist was so far off character from the earlier part of the story that it completely destroyed any and all credibility in the story as a whole. In other words, when it turned out that Tracy was screwing Rob, and together they intended to kill Rad, the whole story turned to shit. What a waste of time. One star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Had To

GENEROUSLY give it 3*. It had been on track for 5* someone threw TWO wrenches in there.

Rather like two stories grafted together, shotgun marriage style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stupid

He could have let both die and kept all the insurance money

RanDog025RanDog025over 4 years ago
A GOOD 5 STAR STORY

THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER GOOD STORY! VERY GOOD AUTHOR.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Read it again as promised. Story is even better than I remembered. Too bad Tracy was such a weak woman, she picked a hard way to die. Just a great story.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

While I enjoyed the story, I found Tracy's character transformation to be a bit crude. While the her betrayal of her husband fit the drama of the plot, it didn't fit her character as outlined in the first half of the story. People are human and sometimes can be tempted to cheat, but to conspire about murder requires an entirely level of commitment to evil.

If Tracy was blackmailed to continue and affair with Rob, the blackmail would have been about keeping Rad from finding out. If Tracy cared about Rad finding out, why would she willingly plot to kill him? Infidelity hardly seems a big enough club to force you to murder a spouse to keep them from finding out. It would make more sense to kill the blackmailer, wouldn't it?

I did like the climbing bits and the childhood background story as insights into the MC. Most of the rest of the story worked for me, so overall I enjoyed it, other than my aforementioned quibble.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
at first i was a lil' pissed off

tracy didn't say anything to him at all, nothing.

but i thought about it. what was there to say? she took something pure and loving, and completely ruined it. we'll never know why to boot. she went from 'hero worship', into "I want to conspire my husband's death because i fucked this suave guy once, and my paralyzed ex boyfriend that cheated on me for some dude is blackmailing me over it. also he scared me one time." does that about sum up her weird descent into madness? she turned into some heartless monster that has nothing in common with her past.

all she could do was accept her fate as a bed ridden nobody that dies forgotten by everyone.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 4 years ago
The title had me looking for a betrayal the whole time, so the ending was no surprise.

It was a good story, if not a happy one...Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Read!

This is a very well written story that draws you into characters and the mountain climbing world. I felt the pain of the main character and was furious at Tracy and Rob's betrayal.The only area I think needs improving is Tracy's slide from loving wife to heartless, adulterous would be murderer. It's not explained in any reasonable way. It's still a great Read, just could have been a bit better!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Erm

Yes this was so much better than the other 2 stories that I had just read . As I say you have great talent but the merry little Christmas and the missing was so ruined when you decide to be lazy. And tried to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by putting 2 stories into 1 . Where this story was way way better than them . Let’s hope your next stories are like this instead of the 2 ruined stories that you did .

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Good story, but too many holes in the plot.

We never really find out what motivated Tracey to go along with this murder crap. The reasoning given is patently nonsense.

Consequently the tale is marked down to 3/5. What should have been a strong ending to the story petered out into something that caused more questions than answers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wasted time Reading

I can't believe how much time I wasted reading this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This really didn't make any sense at all

All of a sudden she's going to kill him? Completely bizarre and odd

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Strong first half, second half feels a little rushed and emotionless, at least from the human angle.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

All was good.... And then it wasn't.

Sadly there was no transition between the two. One minute she loves him. And then she wants to kill him, Why?

I know you tried you fix it at the end. But I'm afraid it didn't work.

I still read it through to the end, but it wasn't up to your usual standard.

Oh, and for future reference, please try to get a handle on the 'I' and 'me' thing.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 3 years ago
I don't know, but I understand it.

I guess since I spent 30 yrs in the US military I was used to the shift. Rad was gone a lot and that snake, Rob, was there to turn her love for him into something evil. Anyone who has been deployed for a year or more, and got cheated on, understands. What seems like a sudden or unexplaned shift to others is a starkly noticeable daily shift from a partner when the spouse back home crosses that cheater line. They begin to do little things that change every aspect of the relationship until it is unrecognizeable. I guess it's almost like Stockholm syndrome but it's not like stranger things haven't happened in real life. I've read this story several times and gave it 5*. Sure it wasn't warm and fuzzy but still well written. I look forward to reading future posts as well.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
An Option on Sweetie

The PI taped, and shared with Hubby, a conversation where Rob alluded to Hubby’s being eliminated on descent. After Hubby’s safe return, he points out to Franklin that (the late) Rob was talking to a floozy. If Rob was cheating on Sweetie, it is unlikely she would have been present during that talk. The rationale for S_H to introduce a one-shot extra-floozy is the author’s own secret. It MIGHT be to make it plausible that Sweetie’s only betrayal is sexual, not murderous. Hubby listened to the aforementioned message, but there is no assertion that he identified the voice of Sweetie ... just a hint (floozy) that Hubby knew it was a female. He DID suspect that Sweetie MIGHT be in on Rob’s plan. Verified by We-The-Readers ‘hearing’ Hubby think about his avoidance plans. However, when he is trying to convince her to abort her climb - and lets a cat out of the bag - he uses her action that he was SURE of, rather than the more serious crime of accessory to murder!

Essentially, this makes it possible that her drift to the dark side was a common (and milder) LW drift rather than a massive reversal of character. The milder drift is a critical criterion to post this story in LW. The RoC is too abrupt (and unexplained) to be accepted by many of WTR. (As some commenters attest to.)

(Sorry if this is redundant, but I’m not going to read hundreds of comments.) Loved the tale ... thanks Saxon_Hart.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

@Lickideesplit: Why would have Sweetie been present when Rob was talking to a floozy? Maybe the PI had survilance on Rob independent from Sweetie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A bit of a self fulfilling prophesy. Mother cheated so he expected (and subconsciously engineered) the situation so that Tracy would cheat on him. For me, Tracy's transition from loving wife to cheating-murderess didn't ring true - it was too sudden and there was an absence of any pointers on the way.

Well written but too many holes in the story to be plausible.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not a very well conceived story, the man was an idiot to get back together with her after she pranked him twice about being unfaithful. In college he should have walked away instead of saddling himself with a woman who obviously didn't love him. 3/5

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

Good start, but for me it faded towards the end. The climbing descriptions were good though. 4 stars.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

like the story, meeting Tracy, 2 games she played. never saw a hint she would turn out that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

RAD WAS TRACY'S CUCK FROM THE BEGINNING!!

JUST ANOTHER STUPID CUCK AND CHEATING SKANK STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The Everest climb was unnecessary, unnecessary DRAMA!! Just go scorched earth on the cheating rogue SKANKS

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

There's a gap in the story which spoiled it for me. Tracey went from a very loving wife to a cheating wife in a blink of an eye. She even planned to murder her husband. It was such a huge shift in character that it left me hating the story.

I can understand she started sleeping with Rob because of the fear, then she wants to stop the affair and can't because of the blackmail, but wanting to kill her husband? If that's the case, the blackmail meant nothing to her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She was a cunt at the start and remained one. R. H.

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

I would always doubt Tracy...

Reader2021Reader2021about 1 year ago

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Like he the ‘climbing experience’!!!!!

Any chance for another ‘outdoor adventure’ story?

Thx’s 😎

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

Started out well, then just turned stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Unreal. There is no greater interdependent trust than on a treacherous and life threatening expedition. Elite forces as well as adrenalin adventurers know.

A life marraige does to a lesser extent as divorces are easier than actually risking life. PTSD.

brian_scoobybrian_scooby5 months ago

Really enjoyed this story. Just heart broken over Tracy’s turn to the ‘dark side’. Hopefully Inge will work out. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Great start then shifted to incoherent mediocrity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSaxon_Hart@Saxon_Hart
What to say about me. I typcally work over 10 hours a day. After I put my dogs to bed I sit for two or three hours writing down the random thoughts that prattle around my brain all day. Usually I load Carcass, Pantera, Trivium and a few others and pound out a yarn or two....