All Comments on 'Pennies From Heaven'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
from the heart

This is the kind of LOVE we all dream of having,and few do. Great story, this one came from the heart. Thank You

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
A truly wonderful story, Jack

You're mellowing in your old age, eh? There's some good sex in there but it's with so much love that one doesn't even think about it. It is written well enough that I could feel the emotions, also.

Really a great read. Thank you for the memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A wonderful tale of love

jack_straw:

This is the story that made my night. Wonderfully constructed and beautifully told. Thank You. Ronnie W.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Heartwarming!

Once in a while a story gets submitted here that tugs at the heartstrings. Pennies from Heaven is just such a story. The warmth of this story, which was so poignant and believable made it a special Read. Thank you Jack. You, Sir, are one hell of a good writer. Beautifully Written!

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Wonderfully written story

probably more of a romantic story than a 'Loving Wives'.

All through I was waiting for the cheating by one of them to come to light. That slightly spoiled a great story for me.

Otherwise, I thououghly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I had tears in my eyes at the end....

I cant say much more, other than this was a great story. I like some others was waiting to find out how the husband found out about the wife's cheating. But at a certain point i knew it wasn't going to happen and it was just going to be a love story. I really enjoyed it and I really am a softy so my eyes did well up. Thanks.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 17 years ago
Great story

Jack, this story was great. What a wonderful heartfelt romance. Keep it up!

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
WOW!

Jack,

This one is as good as it gets! The idea of the letter and the timing is something we should all consider as a parting gift for a spouse. What a great idea.

Thanks for another fine read.

charleybearcharleybearover 17 years ago
Very Heart Warming

This was a wonderful story Jack. Like some others, there were tears at the tenderness of this man's love for this woman. He knew just what she needed in her time of grief and came through once again.

Somehow I knew there was no cheating going on from the start. Her obvious openness about his lack of attention clearly demonstrated that this couple talk and work out problems. In a marriage like that there is no room for cheating.

I commend you for a marvelous story.

Thank you for your efforts.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
well, now you've presented yourself with a problem

How are ever going to top THAT story?!

Astounding, heartwarming, heartwrenching, and absolutely lovely, all at the same time.

--KVK

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Appreciation

I've read and enjoyed several of your submissions, however feel like (at least for me) you have outdone any previous efforts I'm aware of.

Probably due to the timing, I'm jolted by the sensitivity of the story characters, as I'm at this time, facing just about the same, except I'll soon be the survivor after over 53 years. Thanks for some uplifting ideas.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
GREAT WARM CARUNG STORY

but given this type of story there is waaaaay too much mindless pointless over done sex in it.

Not to say it isnt erotica -- it certainly was !

but not neeed in this story at all

for example the end of the dead Husbands letter he says go out and find another men or hell another woman ..

I mean come on what a sill stupid thing to say. IF afte their very active sex life and 32 years of maerriage the hubby really thinks his wife MIGHT lean that way.... then he is a truly clueless Boob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I thought this was particularly well done!

I just finished eight weeks of radiation treatment for the same thing so I have some empathy for the situation.

I thought the couple had a great relationship ... that continued after he died.

You handled this with touching sensitivity - kudos!

Regards, DJ

Dynamite Jack)

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Great Story

What a moving story. I had to wipe the tears out of my eyes. Thanks for sharing it. Ricky

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Most Loving Memories

I loved it so much it had me remembering my dad when he died after his stroke and i read the richards letter and sylvia cried i couldnt stop crying through the whole story it was so moving to read something this good.you might want someone to check your spelling you have some mistakes in there please keep up the great writing and stories.

God Bless you Richard and Sylvia where ever you may be at Is sylvia still alive and if she ever remarry?

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Thank You

Sometimes a story touches your heart - this one did. My thanks to the author.

SpykkeSpykkeover 17 years ago
A fine piece of work

I enjoyed it thoroughly. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderful

I thought this story was wonderful. I have tears in my eyes after reading and the love (not just sex) stories were fantastic.

TLeeTLeeover 17 years ago
Bullshit

Boring and way to much sex. But, the other writers loved it and wished they were smart enough to have written it so I must be wrong. After all I'm just a reader. It did bring tears to my eyes. Of frustration. I hoped for something more profound. Now, what did I do with that Reader's Digest?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Great story!

I'm 9 years older than my wife, and have thought several times of doing something like you described here. Well done! Your story has got me thinking, which is good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderful

Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderfully written

I was in the room, like back when the lady I love was all new to me. I read lots of books and lots of stories here too,do English for a living. Keep it up, if you get my meaning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
SOULMATE

FOR THOSE NEVER TO HAVE A LOVER AND A SOULMATE THIS STORY MEANS NOTHING... FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE IT IS A MIRACLE. BUT FOR THOSE FEW OF US TO HAVE A LOVER/SOULMATE AND HAVE THAT PERSON PASSES TO THE OTHER SIDE... IT IS INDESCRIBABLE

S-DesS-Desover 17 years ago
Your story...

Has been reviewed in the New Story Reviews thread of the Author's Hangout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A TRUE LOVING WIVES STORY!

Your story provides an excellent combination of erotic and romantic actions. After reading so much trash where the cheating spouse is a slut who gets away with it or cuckolds who help the cheating spouse get away with it your story is refreshing and tender.

Thanks for an outstanding story!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
beautiful story

may not be your typical LW story, but its a beautiful story nontheless. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
good story, wrong venue

This was a very touching, romantic, well-written story. But not what I was looking for on this website. Tears don't exactly put me in the mood.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A Wonderful Story...

What a wonderful stoty you wrote. It was very sentamental, but yet is was also very sentual as well. And what that man gave his wife after death was the most wounderful gift any one can give to another person.....a reason to move on. It was beautiful. It made me cry, laugh and cum.

NucleusNucleusover 16 years ago
Maybe ...

... too much sex in a heartwarming story. Some eroticism would be ok. IMHO explicit sex-scenes are contrary to romantic scenes. If you write a stroke-story, explicit sex would be ok. My suggestion was that romantic stories only include only hints to the sex-scenes so that the reader could imagine his own fantasies. That's what I've learned from a very good friend who was an experienced novel-writer and editor in Germany. I always accepted her reasonable suggestions. I've learned a lot from her. Anyhow I will thank you for good reading and entertainment.

<p>Sincere regards</p>

<b>Nucleus</b>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Beautiful story

A beautifully written ,romantic story of a truly loving couple and the way in which the wife keeps their love alive even after his death. I could have done with a little less explicit sex descriptions, but otherwise very warm story.

the Ct. Yankee

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Very heart warming story

Having passed 70 and having a wife who is dancing on the edge, I can really appreciate this beautiful story. Thanks.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Very heart warming story

Having passed 70 and having a wife who is dancing on the edge, I can really appreciate this beautiful story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Incredibly Touching

Well written - very involved - Not the sex that you might read here - nice contrast

AverageBearAverageBearover 15 years ago
Well done!

This was somewhat unique - tender yet explicit - but it works! Unlike some of the other commenters, I don't mind a few tears when they're brought about by such an incredibly well-written, poignant (and yet believable) story. Keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
great love

A Great love Story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Real love

Sad but happy.A great story. THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful

My wife died when I was 39 and she was 40, leaving me with our three teenage kids. This story reminded me of that time, even though my wife did not leave me a letter like Sylvia's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Nice story but there is too much sex . . .

. . . too much sex. For me, the story line and characters are very nice. Nice short story. Nice and sentimental. The explicit sex is distracting and lacks continuity with the spirit of the storyline. Having lived through losing a cancer-stricken loved one, the sex seems totally without continuity in the vein of this story. Well I said that already, didn't I? If you were creating an erotic story, then for my taste, I suggest you leave out the death and dying part of it -- buzz kill, you know?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
What a magnificant story!

One of THE BEST on Literotica, in any category. Thanks for the emotions, and the Very happy ending. Keep writing, we'll keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
WOW!!!

A wonderful story of romance, commitment, and (most importantly) Love!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Man, such a great story. They really had true love. Helping her overcome her grief in such loving and at times erotic ways, priceless. 5 stars.

phd70phd70about 12 years ago
Loving, Upbeat Tale!

Thanks for such a wonderful tale of love, positive sexual union, and the Value of the Marriage and Family Union. Beautiful Husband and Wife Relationship, with mutual care and support which even bridges the movement to the the next plane of existence!

Author is a sensitive, imaginative writer with true gifts to share with readers. Best,

Dan

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Great story

Great writing. Emotional, erotic and heartwarming. You just don't really read stories like this on this site very often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The Best !

Man, you nailed it! As a man of 65, I still love a sex story. But this was so much more. This was the total package of love, devotion, partnership and friendship. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Life ends; Love endures

A truly loving husband and wife story. You have shared a letter I wish every widow could read from the love of her life. Wouldn't it be special if every year a husband and wife would write a letter about the special things they had shared that year and then put those letters away only to be read in case of emergencies such as death or thoughts of divorce.

There is certainly more to learn about Sylvia McKay if you cared to write another chapter, but this is a perfect narrative of a true gift of caring, compassion, and closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
DUH

CRAP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
loved it gave it a 5 to offset

at ass hole who bitches and bitches and is called annony/

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

This is probably the best story of this kind I ever remember reading. Thanks for taking us along on Sylvia's journey through their past in order to find a bit of closure.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 10 years ago
Touching

Touching tale of real love.... Brought a tear to my eye.... Bugger!

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42almost 10 years ago
LOVELY

Very moving indeed. Quite extraordinary.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
bastard

jack straw your a bastard ----sniff sniff i gave it a 5

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Damn

So that's how it's supposed to be. I wouldn't know but maybe in the next life.

Excellent tale.

Five Stars

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
How Did I Miss This?

What a story. This, my friends, is what love is. Not the love in most of the cheating stories, but Real Love. I kept waiting for something bad to happen, but it never did ...and was I glad. I finished the story with misty eyes. As a result of this one story, I will have to go back and read all of your stories. A terrific story and thank you for writing it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

a touching story. Thanks. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Well fuck! Where's the 10-star button? More fucking tears in three pages than I've experienced in a while.

There was an actual loving wife in this story. No wonder people are confused. Thanks for the reminder that some people actually get it right and have it good.

VisualPerv

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Very touching story

I don't think any of us really have a clue how we will actually react or function after the death of a beloved spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Truly touching

Damn fine story, mate.

fishgetterfishgetterover 7 years ago
Death

This is a difficult subject to write about. We all react differently to death. A close relation's death causes a different reaction than a close friend, for example. You did a great job on this story. Please keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Amazing story tyvm for writing a masterpiece

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990over 6 years ago
Thank you for such a wonderful story

What a wonderful way to celebrate a life, a marriage and a lover.

So touching and deliciously detailed hot memories.

I loved your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thankyou

Brought tears to my eyes.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good

Very good story about love. Didn't expect that from Jack.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 5 years ago
5*

Well written Jack Straw. I hope I get to do something like Richard did before I fade away. I'm 75 and my wife is 57. I've been setting her up for the next guy cuz I know I'm not going to last a bunch longer. She'll be looking good and sitting pretty. That's what I want to leave her. I sure as hell don't want her moping around getting drunk and playing with her (assortment) of toys by herself. Hopefully, she'll find some 25 yr old stud who fuks her silly til grief has passed. I don't look back much and encourage her not to either. If something isn't in front of you it doesn't exist so she'll be free. I don't think there is anything more or better to wish on a person than that they be happy, joyous and free.

PlanerguyPlanerguyabout 5 years ago
True love story

Very well written,pulled at heart strings. 5 stars for sure.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago
Poignant and Beautiful

Awesome story. Sweet!

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Again, and I still can't believe Jack Straw wrote such a beautiful story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 3 years ago

WOAH, WOW, what did I just read!! Stunning story of true everlasting love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Lovely story, beautifully told

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful, touching story of a life cut short - but not the love. Thank you for sharing this tale. I may be thinking only of myself but I really miss your writing. When I began reading lit it was your sexual tales I read but the last few years I've gravitated toward the stories that touched a bit north of the little head (this tale and A Home for Christmas spring to mind.) I hope you are still out there.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Best on lit. No peer!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story was something else!! I really liked it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lovely and thought provoking. 5/5!

DazzyDDazzyDover 1 year ago

It is surprising to me that there are so few comments on a story of this magnitude! It obviates the need for our “baser” inclinations. To me, this should be in the higher echelon of stories on this site. It is a 5…no, really a ten. DD

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 stars I’ve gone through 2 boxes of tissues

KaeyoKaeyoabout 1 year ago

This should be the definition of a loving marriage and partnership.

Hiram325Hiram32512 months ago

Really really a great one.

slowhand21slowhand217 months ago

Hard to read through teary eyes but so worth the effort. Thank you for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well done, nothing more to add.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Sad but also lovely. Nice to see true love even in a sad setting. 5 blazing stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous