All Comments on 'Perfect Gentleman'

by Vysis

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
reader1000reader1000over 9 years ago
Simple but flawless,

Believable characters in a delightful situation. Well done.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Nice Read****

Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good one

You need to write more romance.Nice one

Black_and_White_WriterBlack_and_White_Writerover 8 years ago
Lovely

That was a really great, romantic, old fashioned story in the best sense. Thank you for sharing :)

Dark_StormDark_Stormover 8 years ago
Wrong category

I liked the story, but I don't think it qualifies as a romance. It's a better fit for erotic couplings.

To me, a romance begins with a slow build up, and ends with long term prospects. This story doesn't have that. All we have is one instance, 16 years before, when Mr. Buck dared to have lustful thoughts about his kids' babysitter. Yet, Cindy didn't leave enough of a long-term impression for him to recognize her years later, even when she's there with her sisters, who he also knew in the past.

We find out Cindy had/has a crush on him, so she takes a chance to finally fulfill a previously unfulfilled fantasy. They hook up for a one night stand. Cindy is only in town with her sisters for short while to deal with their father. She lives and has her career in Houston, so where are the long term prospects?

There are no declarations of love, just confessions of lustful thoughts.

All we have here is a quick fling, with no indications of a true romance going on. They aren't in love, they're in lust. It's not a romance, so much as a booty call. That's why I feel it's better suited to the erotic couplings category.

You may disagree, but that's the way I see it.

Should you choose to continue this story, you could very easily use this as a stepping stone and build it into a true romance, by having them continue to see each other, eventually falling in love, and have Cindy move back to live with him on his farm/ranch and set up a vet practice in her home town.

One thing that kinda bugged me in the story is here we have this older guy, who's on shaky emotional ground with this young lady from his past, but he starts calling her "baby" on the ride home from the bar. That's a pretty intimate term of endearment from a guy who's a "gentleman", and isn't out looking to get laid, until she throws herself at him. I could see him calling her "darlin'", or maybe even "sweetie", but "baby" carries a different connotation, implying a level of intimate relationship that isn't there yet. It just didn't ring true to me.

VysisVysisover 8 years agoAuthor
A Clarification for Dark_Storm

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the feedback very much.

In the South, everyone calls each other "baby." It is not uncommon to have someone whom you've never met call you "baby." It doesn't have the same deep meaning as in other parts of the US.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
if this is any indication

you have found your category

yes, you may have an established fan base for your previous offerings, but, based on this story you have a great talent for soft, romantic, love stories.

this could fit nicely in both mature and romance.

nicely done. I hope you will write more in this/these genre.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well, Okay,

That’s a pretty good start but where is the rest of the story? No way that that’s all there is to it. I mean, it was just getting warmed up.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story! Love older dad and babysitter stories. Hope your typing other chapters for the rest of the story.one of them sisters will have to move back to help mom with dad.

PapaGolf414PapaGolf414almost 4 years ago
Cute Little Story...

...and kindly written. I thought the young lady fucked pretty well for a Vet, and I hope they have many more good ones ahead of them. Thanx for the Read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVysis@Vysis
I have an active imagination but very little free time! I have at least a half dozen works in progress at any particular time and few more ideas that are only that. With a PhD in science, I do a lot of technical writing, but really enjoy getting my fiction on when I can find a...