All Comments on 'Persephone's Dilemma'

by Salamis

Sort by:
  • 186 Comments (Page 2)
Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

even after she basically tells him that she was taken advantage of,

"Anne used her as she went in and out of consciousness" he still considers her as having cheated. I don't get that. Still a very good story.

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 9 years ago
Ok she was taken advantage of

But to then bring her "RAPIST" home with her when she knows she is walking into a confrontation with her marriage on the line? Seriously? At the least he should have gotten Anne fired if not charged with rape. Barring that or even with that, no DNA test? Ok women often bitch to other women but this is a bit on the nuts side.

Just my honest opinion.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
LAUGHTER THE VERY BEST PLACEBO

or the eternal cure-all. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

I gave it a 5 because of the accuracy of it, simple, quick, to the point. I've heard it said, in industry, "never marry a stewardess, or flight attendant, or member of flight crew", and from the personal experiences with people who have, I think its true, but not necessarily everyone. on the other hand, if you have a desire to be a cuckold, which some do, help yourself. most if not all members of the flight crew are educated individuals, and know about the dangers, not like the story presented here.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
My biggest problem

Is that she was wearing a yellow pantsuit. Was he BLIND as well? Just googled yellow pantsuit and didn't see a single girl it looked fetching on, even the hottest of models.

I work in the industry. The idea that Anna was ALWAYS her crew mate was implausible at best. And that she maintained a close friendship with someone who essentially raped her seems...odd in the extreme.

And how did Anna infect her? Girl on Girl is one of the hardest ways to transfer an STD. Who was Anna fucking that SHE got an STD? Not required for Salamis to tell us, but that was certainly a question I had.

Story worked for me. Strange that even after it all, she STILL could not communicate freely with the husband. Does not bode well.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Pitiful.

Another story where your male lead is such an absolute pussy that he just can't seem to function without the hateful, cheating lesbian bitch he's married to. Virgin my ass. She was evidently licking pussy back then too. Anne was just the most recent and the most militant. How about admitting that you hate men and that even allowing them to be able to father children in your stories is such a concession for you that you had to quit writing after only a handful of stories.

Hard to read the libber handbook that this was and harder to believe that the children were even hers. I would bet that the husband was so stupid that he believed they came from a cabbage patch. Not much to recommend this story. Even an RAAC pushover like Iron Dragon didn't like it and we all know what a pussycat he is.

TheKid188810TheKid188810over 8 years ago
Girl on girl

Is actually an easier way to contract certain STDs, I know it's hard to get AIDS that way but herpes & chlamydia are especially easier to get. Not sure about gonorrhea though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
☆☆☆☆☆- (5-)

The wife is a keeper

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for every story rated by 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄 (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
sad

i am sorry but the men in these stories have no dame backbone at all, my wife cheated on me i got her fired her family wants nothing to do with her and my kids hate her and i sued her, an man is not an man if he lets an woman walk all over him and dose nothing

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
no she wasn't

How often do rape victims stay friends with their rapists?

She brings the man hating lesbian that is trying to destroy their marriage to their house?

The same man hating lesbian that 'raped' her?

She would not change jobs before the divorce, absolutely refused and cut him off for sex over it.

Did not care enough about her husband or her children to want to be with them.

But as soon as the divorce was final then she changed jobs.

Gotta call BS on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting Plot

I don't understand what all of the concerns are about due to the wife bringing home her female lover. There are many religions (Mormons, Islam, Old Testament, Chinese customs as well as others) which allow men to have multiple wives! Note that you don't see any which allow the wife to have multiple husbands! The husbands seem to really enjoy it. Just watch that reality TV show about the guy with multiple wives. If Anne, her lover, is drop dead gorgeous, I would have no problem nailing her if my wife offered her to me. I would specify that my wife was not allowed to seek out other men since that would breakup our marriage. You see, this type of affair doesn't hurt my masculinity. But it's does allow my fantasy. If the wife wanted to continue the affair then Anne would be required to move in with us and stop all other affairs because of further risk of STD's. Now if Anne looked like a dog, then I would have responded like the husband in this story, lol!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

Aside from going through with the divorce the man was a tad too passive. Giving up on dating seemed like a nonsensical idea.

He should also have been a bit more critical about Leah's explanation, because if Annie had really used her, why the hell would they still be friends, and furthermore why would she ever have Annie with her to meet her husband?

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 7 years ago
Second read

@anonymous 08/26/16; yes many religions allow multiple wives. Multiple husbands however is not allowed, and for good reason. Multiple husbands are not allowed so hat parentage cannot be proven with multiple husbands. Today maybe with DNA tests it can, but not way back in the day. You could always know who the mother is, and with only one husband, the father.

As to the rest, I stand by my first comment and I second twocrows as well. However, when she cut him off they should have talked! When the arguments started, they should have talked. So instead of talking to each other, they bring in outsiders, thus destroying any and all communications between them. To top it off, to bring her "RAPIST" with her to plead her case is just too much. The level of disrespect shown is just overboard! And while the heart wants what it wants, sometimes what it wants is just not good for it, or even acceptable!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Second time through

I think taking her back after that story is plausible. But now he comes across as an ass for divorcing her instead of simply taking a few moments to hear her explanation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
NFW!

Second times a charm?

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 6 years ago
Seems VERY convenient that Anne was available

to take the fall for the "one-time rape" of Leah. Hmmmm...more likely, Leah had been maintaining years of affairs with random men and finally caught an STD; this fits much better into the storyline and character development. Might be worth a follow-up delving into Leah's double life and ultimate rehabilitation. Just my take...

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
What a dumb wife

Stewardess isn't a career worth being away from your family two weeks out of the month for. It's not like she's a lawyer building her practice or something. Who abandons their family 50% of the time to be a fucking sky-waitress? No real advancement or security. It's a dull and trudging job to make sacrifices for.

The situation makes no sense, unless she liked the lifestyle of being gone so much, which is shitty and hurtful for a person with a family even if it doesn't involve fucking other people.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Rather realistic

Reasonable situation and conclusion.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 6 years ago
Third read

I still stand by my previous comments. That being said, I have been looking at other posts and we all seem to be saying the same things. No way was Anne her rapist of only one occasion. If they were such friends that they went to such lengths to work the same flights, and continued after said “RAPE” then it obviously wasn’t rape! I could understand that she and her husband were having communication issues, but, she missed the obvious, he wasn’t trying to get her to stay home or leave the industry, just change to either a position that meant she was home more often, or switch to a different Dept other than stewardess! Anne was as much a predator as any horndog that can be found in any office job!

I am still having trouble with them getting remarried! Living together is a possibility, FWB would be another possible outcome, but remarried so quickly? Nope, not unless he had dain bramage! She did not respect him, certainly she didn’t see him as an equal that is for damned sure! She brought her mistress home to prove she hadn’t been with another man, sorry, her “rapist”, who she continued to work with and room with.

Expanding on my last comment though with regards to polygamy/polyormy (excuse my spelling mistakes please) yes, many religions do allow for multiple wives, however as I stated before, with multiple wives you still know exactly who sired the children which is not possible with multiple men. Also, in Judaism, Islam and other religions which allow this there is a stipulation that each wife must be treated the same, as well as the rule that a husband must keep his wife in the manner to which she is accustomed to. What that means in plain English is, if one wife came from humble roots then he can keep her as best as she was before marriage or better. However if say wife number two came from a more prestigious or richer family background and way of life, then he must provide for her in the same manner, as well as raising his first wife to that level. Thems the rules, also, for the most part the wives and husband do not all share the same bed at the same time. There are a great many more rules involved but are not germaine to the story!

Eh, whatever, it’s fiction and it’s not my story... Thank you for the offering it was appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not very realistic or mature, but why not?

The reconciliation makes sense, since he had no other options or desires. The ex wife went to considerable effort to become a mother again, and a parenting partner. If it works for them, why not?

The only flaw or puzzlement is why they didn't talk more, sooner? And why would an intelligent loving wife allow a "friend" with an obvious agenda to disparage her husband and her marriage? Obviously needed to drive the plot, but weakened the story since the plot device was rather contrived and difficult to believe.

But well written, and somewhat entertaining. Thanks for your efforts.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Different

Another good story. A little different take on the usual, my wife gave me an STD, story. A reconciliation I can live with. Must be a special he'll to be married to a flight attendant. What woman, with two young children, could be a full time flight attendant?

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
Ambivalent

This is the third story I have read by this author, this is also the earliest of his works here, going by posting date. Unfortunately that shows, this is the weakest of those I have read.

It also follows the same general pattern as the others, a beginning with quite a bit of drama, then towards the end it loses most of it's momentum.

It's now more than 10 years since this author posted anything here which is a pity, he seemed to develop his style from one story to the next. Would have been interesting to read something morre recent.

Kerry3579Kerry3579over 5 years ago
LMFAO

If she is pregnant Make sure you have a DNA test on the kid

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
what if?

What if she cheated with a man? Would he be so easy to forgive? They never addressed her attitude and her withholding sex. Why now does she so suddenly change? What will she do when things get tight or not her way?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Trust

It's a matter of trust. While married she was cheating on him, and a non person to her daughters. She gives him a vd, brings her lover into the home to back up her lies. She gets a divorce and suddenly she is a great mom and respectable wife. Thats a major shift in a personality, didn't see it in the story. So she has either been struck by lightning or something else. She was extremely selfish person, what changed, nothing that i saw, other then she had to go it alone, and pay child support. She didn't like that, so saw that for it to change, was to get back with soy boy hubby, no child support, didn't have to work, and wonder how long before she is back to her cheating ways, on hubbies dime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great line

I'm attached to you. You got me there/

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Almost kind of ...

Good. This was so very predictable from the midst of page one to the last sentence.

Came away with a very “meh” emotional feeling from this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well that was a waste of my time

Thankfully being brief, not much time. Oh she explained why she cheated on me. Oh I forgive her. Oh we live happily ever after.

Deprived891Deprived891over 4 years ago
Thanks

Outstanding story. For once, love and forgiving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fuck this shit.

What a cuckfest.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

Still like the story, but hard to believe Ann infected her with one encounter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Epilogue

i am a spineless cuck who deserves a cheating wife and a lifetime of heartache

And whats with the title?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Have Two Problems

With things in the story. The first is why when Leah showed up after the message informing her of the VD report, is why did she have Anne with her? After all they fought 'bitterly' the next morning after the cheating occurred.

The second is "She was feeling alone and angry at me for involving our families and friends in our personal business. She was already feeling guilty for not being at home more often. Why couldn't she and I work it out? She confided all of this to Anne. In fact, this had been their main topic of conversations for months." She was feeling guilty, couldn't understand why they couldn't work it out themselves and had been talking it out with Anne for months. Replace Anne with a man and it's the cliche cheating story. Perhaps the reason they couldn't work it out themselves had to do with the fact she wouldn't admit to her husband there was a problem and wasn't willing to try to find a solution with him? Good story, none the less, just trying to save Sbrooks103x some work. ;o} Signed: BTW

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Stupid as hell

Just what you should do. Let a syphilitic whore move in

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked the story, BUT ---

Too many disconnects. Story name? He is incredibly naive or she is an accomplished liar. Liked the story, but needs some work. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
2 stars

I was generous and gave it 2 stars because the lesbian angle was an interesting twist. But Leah was a horrible wife and mother for years. And she ADMITTED to having cheated once, but why was that admission credible? Nothing in the story indicates she was in any way honest, except with money. The redemption is simply not plausible either. And yet he still goes and remarries her? This story really should have been in the Transgender & Crossdressers category because this guy made himself a eunuch.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

Nice story, they both needed RAAC. I felt good after reading it.,

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

theres rally no sense of closure other than he couldnt move on. nothing about her working out her demons and quite frankly he shouldve told her to get rid of annie.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Slimy, shitty RAAC bullshit! Why not let her just cut off his balls? It's really hate these authors who think men don't have any self respect. I wish I could give negative stars.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

2 for this effort.

RAAC's are OK with me, as long as there is equity on both sides of the relationship. This story needs more background, more character development, more consequences for the offending spouse and the 'OTHER' perp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This author is a very talented writer it's a real shame they no longer publish stories here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"I don't want to make this permanent David. I want to defer some of the payments while get my finances in order. I'm asking to reduce the payments by a third for the next 6 months and then return to the original order and pay the arrearages. Don't you trust me?"

NO, and FUCK NO! You gave me an STD! Why would I trust you about anything.

So, if her lesbian experience was a one time drunken affair and that Anne took advantage of her drunken state then why or why would she bring Anne to her meeting with her husband after he'd gotten an STD from her. Did she think her affair partner would be a good character reference or alibi.

Also, at the hearing for reduction is child support she would have to explain in detail WHY she required the temporary reduction. For example, she's changing jobs. The reason for the job change such as she wanted to stay local and quit traveling to spend more time with her children. She may ever be asked to explain her decision around the career change. She'd have to provide documentation to the court such as a job offer letter and acceptance with details of salary and total compensation.

The reconciliation was rushed and forced. Typical troupe that the man can't get over his cheating ex-wife. He's unable to find any other female companionship that matches their relationship he had with his ex.

"While this wasn't the marriage I had envisioned I had to admit that I was becoming resigned to the arrangement." See with comments with this from the husband the idea that he couldn't get over his ex is just ridiculous. He had a shitty marriage and had reigned himself to living in a shitty marriage. She cheated and he won the fucking divorce lotto. Got full custody of the kids, the house, with him paying no alimony or child support while the ex-wife did have to pay child support. He's a successful business man, a great father to his kids, decent looking women would be coming out of the woodwork to get into a relationship with him. He would be in happy city and no way would he'd even think about reconciliation.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - RAAC without a very compelling reason is just not acceptable.

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

As opposed to many readers I liked the story. Guess I'm just a reader who likes happy endings. She made a mistake but then sincerely atone for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What was lacking in the story was the explanation of why she cheated with Anne. I think any husband would want to know the 'why' and what happened. I don't mean the details of the sex but how she ended up cheating. Despite what authors write in these stories if your wife is cheating on you you will have some indication similarly you know if your wife still loves you. It's all the unsaid things and actions that clue a husband in. I really don't believe that any husband would go straight for a divorce without the question of why and when re answered. Although this gets addressed at the end of the story it's not realistic.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

A great reconciliation story, without it being a RAAC. The story seemed to flow organically. The difficulties about her career and how Dave got other people involved, seemed very real. No suspension of belief needed. Even her being abused by Anne while drunk, is not an outrageous idea. I liked how their getting back together happened over a long period of time. Giving the wounds time to heal. Using Amanda to cock-block Dave was pretty good. I truly enjoyed this little romantic tale.

-

Pasqual

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

What a great story and a great writer. Very sad that Mr. Salamis is no longer active in writing stories on Lit. Hope you prospering out there. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do authors have to write husbands as being weak cunts: "I apologized for my actions and asked for forgiveness. Solemn promises were made; I told her I simply wanted my wife back and to my surprise... she forgave me."

The character did nothing that required an apology. The selfish absentee mother had a lot to apologize for.

Nevertheless, the author managed to write a woman who showed true repentance after a single drunken lapse. Consequently, I can see the reasonableness of the reconciliation. Most authors here write disgusting RAACs, so I give this a 5.

bigurnbigurnover 2 years ago

How many women would accept the " I was drunk and didn't realize what was happening" excuse ? Not many , I think...

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

A wonderful and enjoyable story. Leah unfaithfulness was an unplanned, spontaneous, alcohol induced and one time event. She was to embarrassed to confess to David, so she kept quiet about it. As well as she should have. The STD changed everything and let the cat out of the bag. David’s hurt and anger led to an impulsive result. I’m glad they got back together, it was the best outcome for everyone. Very well written.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So the Wife gets a free pass? As soon as I read the MC saying "I'm through with dating" i knew it was a Raac.

Ill give you a solid 3*

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

In the real world, there's no such thing as RAAC. Nope. There's just people with feelings, with understanding, love and... forgiveness. At the end of the day, it's between two people and is nobody's else's business. OP wrote this on in the gray area of human existence where the real people live. 5/5!!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

An OK story but not the authors best work. I know I’m naïve but I didn’t realise that women can transmit STDs in lesbian sex. That was news to me. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So a good story. Gave it a 4.

But...I simply wonder if it was husband working as a traveling salesman. Had been doing it forever. Loved it. Was very good at it. But it took him away from his family 5 nights a week.

What if that was husband's life. Wife complained bitterly. She and family pressure him to change professions unceasingly.

And...one night he's upset. Shares his feelings with an attractive female colleague while having a few drinks.

Has one too many...ends up in bed with the work associate.

Feels guilty. Decides not to tell his wife. Then gives her a venereal disease. She suffers the humiliation of finding out from her family doctor.

I wonder what everyone's reaction would be to THAT story?

Forgiving? Forgive and forget after a divorce? Allow him to come over nearly every night and spend time with the kids and around ex-wife? Have dinner together every night in the family home?

What's her reaction when he tells her he's "attached" to her and then kisses her deeply? She just kisses him back and let's him explain it? And then she forgives and they remarry a month later?

Somehow I'm not seeing THAT story turning out quite the same way as the story Salamis has told.

Nor most having the same warm feelings of reconciliation?

Interesting.

Nothingman83Nothingman83almost 2 years ago

I am inclined to agree with Legio_Patria_Nostra on this. The "cheating" was actually a near rape and Leah was more than remorseful when the truth came out. The story revolves around love and all the other emotions that we, flawed, humans have, so all you who are screaming "wimp", "cuke" and "BTB" are probably not living in the real world. Great story Salamis. I like the ending.

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 1 year ago

Another RAAC story. Not even that well done. The only sin you didn’t commit was making the man the bad guy to put them back on equal footing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm with the anon post from 3 months prior to this one.

If the situation was reversed. Husband was the traveling salesman. Got drunk. Cheated one time. Gave wife STD.

What would people's feelings about reconciliation in THAT situation be? What chance would he have in coming over every single night to spend dinner and family time together? At trying to touch, hug, or kiss his ex-wife to convince her he was still in love with her...and to forgive him?

My guess is we'd all collectively hate him. And his ex-wife would do everything she could to make a pauper out of him. And would NEVER let him in the house...let alone allow him to spend quality family time with him in the home.

Yet...we all read this accounting...with her the one time cheater...and it seems the majority of us are all cheering their reconciliation?

I'm not sure I'd be able to forgive a wife who gives me an STD...even under the circumstances described in this story.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story (5 stars) particularly for the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cuck rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting and a pleasure to read, but it's it was so short that a great deal of character development was simply left out. Still 4 Stars for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I read the last page and thought, "Uh! uh! The BTB Brigade will be out in force." And so it has come to pass.

I have long learned that people do what they want to do. It may or may not be what I would do in similar circumstances. But it is their business and not mine - as in the couple here.

I simply enjoyed the read. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stories are based on assumptions, and before you write about something like this, you need to do research. Flight Attendants can job share, fly "day trips" which go out and home the same day, take frequent company-offered leaves of absence (to avoid cutbacks/layoffs) and give away/trade trips. With the seniority she apparently had in the context of the story, all of these options should've been available. Also, her union (98% are collectivized) and company would have very robust Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) through which they could seek counselling (both MC and IC). Good story with a decent ending. 4 rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An excellent reconciliation story. Bit short. But quite creative and poignant. No fat to trim. She made a terrible mistake. The MC using surrogates to pressure hee on employment change backfired and made her upset. She confided in Anne, a militant feminist who was just looking to score in her pants and took her without her consent while very drunk. Before people say she put herself in that situation. That is bullshit. Leah had zero lesbian tendencies and had no concerns about getting drunk with Anne. She had no barriers. She cannot handle alcohol well as attested to by the husband. Anne took her while in and out of consciousness. She ripped Anne a new one when she woke up finally. She detected no threats and got really drunk to stupor and Anne all but raped her. My only quibble is why Anne was with her at rhe house. It made for a.dramatic moment but seed on what happened, surprised still on speaking terms. Using the argument that Anne thought she was being "led" on is spurious and dumb. But good story. She handled the divorce well and changed her job. Could argue she should have done it earlier but she probably had good benefits, a decent salary, and was doing something she enjoyed. When the husband used family members and friends as surrogates to get her to change her job, it is human nature that she wouknd get upset and dig in her heels. Wow Anne was a piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BTB brigade should move on and find another target. Leah was not at fault. She did not.know of Ann's sexual preferences nor her malicious intent, and trusting her to be a friend, got real drunk, which the husband knows is a real issue in her loss of control and inhibitions let alone slipping in and out of consciousness. That is rape. Pure and simple and she was upset with Ann afterwards, who falsely claimed that she was being led on. Wracked with guilt and not understanding what happened and why a friend and coworker would do that to her, she kept it secret until the STD was detected. She was benevolent and repentant throughout the divorce proceedings and desperate to remind a part of her children's lives but also for another chance at her ex husband. Reconciliation should not be in doubt, unless as a reader you choose to ignore the story thr author wrote. If you want someone to burn, it should be Ann, the rapist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One sick RAAC. It is a RAAC more so, as it was/is a 'reconciliation' from her loving. ANOTHER and his forgiving of it! Such a wimp he was portrayed as.

tbonehuntertbonehunterabout 1 year ago

The whole “I was a victim” excuse doesn’t fly. If Anne had abused their friendship she wouldn’t have had her come along as her friend to “witness” the discussion with her husband.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 1 year ago

The fundamental issue in this marriage is Leah’s selfishness. She refuses to give up her carefree life as a flight attendant being away from home 50% of the time. How many recitals, birthdays, PT meetings, Halloween treat or treating, etc. did she miss while Dave and fortunately his mother had to fill in for her?

The STD incident was just the tipping point to a marriage that was heading for divorce.

The proof of her selfishness lies in the fact that after the divorce she suddenly starts showing up every day to help with raising her children! We learn that she finally realized that her parental neglect was the root cause of the divorce and made the necessary job changes that Dave had been pleading for for years.

When Dave was convinced that she had finally committed to put her marriage and family before herself he made the correct decision to bring his family together again.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Painful reconciliation, but a fresh start.

Good luck, kids.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What was your technical reference for this story? "Coffee Tea or Me," circa about 1965? First, nobody has been referred to as a "stewardess" since about 1970. Also, flight attendants always get their own room on layovers. As for changing jobs, they have so much scheduling versatility, such as flying turn-trips (out and back on the same day), it's actually much easier to parent than for most 8-5, M-F jobs.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I love reconciliation stories like this. Yeah, people screw up, and they make bad choices, but they can and do often change. Forgiveness is one of the things that humanizes us and sets us apart from animals. Some of the commenters here wouldn't understand that.

Madeira1076Madeira107610 months ago

I get marriage and kids, but you don't have go forgive abandonment AND infidelity. He is kind of a wuss, their relationship was not good for the kids.

What a lot of people don't understand is; kids learn by watching their parents a lot more than what their parents say or tell them. The mom taught them not to give a fuck about the spouse until they decide they want back in.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

gee she is pregnant? Wow wonder who the real father is?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Cannot believe she was still friends with Anne after that incident. Yeah she should have come clean, but can also imagine lot of people woukd be ashamed and keep secret a situation where they are essentially raped (no consent possible) by a same sex "friend" though they themselves are hetero. Her abandonment of her family before that, 2 weeks a month with no serious discussion of a remedy is more severe a problem. But again, why woukd she give Anne the time of day after that? Weird.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Tough love.

Trying to do whats best for the kids and whole family.

Lesson learned.

Personal problems solved carefully within the family.

No outside kibitzing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

[That night in their hotel room she got drunk and then accepted a massage that went way too far. Anne used her as she went in and out of consciousness. They argued bitterly over the whole episode when she woke the next day.]

====> unm that is pretty textbook rape, at least sexual assault. She was going in and out of consciousness. No conset possible. Doesn't matter that it was same sex. Still assault. What befuddles me is she had anything yo do with Anne after the argument. We also never learn what happened to Anne. I assume after the STD discovery and confrontation, she cut Anne out of her life. But again surprised nit after that night. Arguing bitterly afterwards as she cannot handle her liquor (husband knows this) and was passing out and being used by Anne. Umm no time to sever all Co tact with the bitch. Knocks it down a star for me. Otherwise seemed pretty realistic. Marriages with flight attendants must be rough. Or with pilots.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story but agree that after her being used by Anne the predator and their fight the next morning, she should have burned all contact with Anne.

NoBullAlNoBullAl6 months ago

Makes me just want to cry!! Yeah cry out: WHAT A CROCK OF BS!! Just another of what ha become almost a gold standard for LW authors…. Loving but weak minded husband starts out doing the right thing by giving the cheating wife the boot then and luckily gets a clear thinking judge for the divorce! Gets the house, the kids and child support. What more does he need? Certainly not a rerun with the bitch! But ohhh so misses her that he takes her back!! RAAC at its finest!! CHEATERS WILL ALWAYS CHEAT!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A likely story…. Hard to prove it was only one time with one person!

James G 5James G 52 months ago

Nope. Never take back a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

1. Wife cheats.

2. Wife gets infected and passes disease onto husband.

3. Wife decides that LYING to husband by omission is better than telling the truth (I never slept with another MAN).

4. Wife believes casual friend has more insight than her husband who simply wants to spend more time with his WHOLE family.

Husband is a moron setting himself up for more heartbreak when wife's next "good friend" starts telling her she needs to ignore him.

Hardday1953Hardday195318 days ago

Good very good, five stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous