All Comments on 'Persephone's Dilemma'

by Salamis

Sort by:
  • 186 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very good

Very well written and a change from the "wimp husband" or "mad killer" stories we usually see on this site. Much more realistic to me.

Keep writing! :)

patricia51patricia51over 19 years ago
Good Story

Very good indeed, especially since this appears to be a first effort. It pretty much had everything I look for in a story of this nature, the error, the repentance and the forgiveness. There are one or two minor inconsistencies but not enough to take away from the general above average caliber of the story. Looking forward to more.

z00timez00timeover 19 years ago
Thanks

Hurray. You bailed out the category for today.. A good Loving Wifes story.

Ghost BearGhost Bearover 19 years ago
Forgiveness

This is a very good story about forgiveness by both husband and wife. Although the ending came as no surprise the fact that Anne had infected Leah did. Keep up the good work.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
I concur

Outstanding, and for once, a real "loving wife" story.

Very romantic.

I enjoyed it immensely. thank you for writing this. it was very well done.

Gary

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
I concur

Outstanding, and for once, a real "loving wife" story.

Very romantic.

I enjoyed it immensely. thank you for writing this. it was very well done.

Gary

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
I concur

Outstanding, and for once, a real "loving wife" story.

Very romantic.

I enjoyed it immensely. thank you for writing this. it was very well done.

Gary

don87654don87654over 19 years ago
An Excellent Example of What Our Society Should Be

You are to be commended for your foresight and hindsight. Yours is a perfect example of what Christianity is all about--forgiveness. I have experienced a similar situation where I was given an STD by my wife, too, and I forgave her. I was brought to the realization that while our marriage laws may prevail, our human behavior laws are another story. As a result of my experience, my wife is much more careful and I am, too. We both adhere to a norm that is less demanding of each other and if we "make a mistake" we do not criticize for it but go on about our happy life together. She is past child-bearing age, and I do not envision being a new daddy, but if it came to that, where she got pregnant by another man, I could accept that, too.

sherlock40sherlock40over 19 years ago
Excellent story

I hope to read more of your stories soon. Its good to read about an actual loving couple story on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
At last something more realistic

This is a good story, realistic and with a proper human touch. Look forward to more like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well Written!

Yes, I agree, this is the best well written story yet.Most of the stories[Not all]are to far fetch, and b.s.This story is part of the real world and what really happens. Keep up the good work. Hope to see more stories under[loving wives]written by you.I thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
I disagree

I guess I'm in the minority here, but this story was depressing, preachy, and even a little cruel. There's plenty of that out there beyond literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Problem with the wife

I really enjoyed the story but I think the wife gets off light here. The real problem is not just her infidelity, or even the disease. The real problem is the wife's selfishness.

Throughout the story, from the beginnig to the end, her actions are guided by one thing, her own selfish desires. She wouldn't guit before because she liked her life. The husband was doing everything at home. She had children and a nice home to come home to as well as sex when she wanted it. Now that this has all fallen apart she's willing to change careers because she wants those things back. She threw them away before the liaison with Ann.

Only now that she has potentially ruined their lives is she willing to make the career change that should have been made much earlier; and only because she wants those things back. If I were the husband I would be really annoyed that she has suddenly decided realized that what I suggested for years was the right thing for her to do, now that she has done serious harm to our family and our marriage. She is continuing her selfish approach to life.

I believe in forgiveness, and I believe that I would probably have forgiven her eventually as well (I'm not sure I would have even divorced her as cavalierly as he did), but there are consequences for our actions. I don't think that the wife here has changed at all. She may have taken responsibility for the infidelity and the gonorrhea, but I don't sense that she realizes the underlying cause, her selfishness. Until she comes to grips with that how can he trust her to put the family ahead of her own selfish desires.

big_hulkbig_hulkover 19 years ago
Loved it!

This is a very rare story(well maybe not that rare)but one of the few ones that really touched me .where there is no unessacary Sex scenes or wife beating.This is a stories which happens in the real world and not some hollywood Film studio.it's about Love,Fidelity and finally Forgiveness.this is what it takes to make a marriage work.Thumbs up to the author

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
very nice

Thank you for this story. It brings a degree of stability and hope. You wrote it so that two people loved each other and worked through their problems in an adult manner. This story should stay around for a while. And please don't add to it. It is complete. it is great. Others of the same genre might be nice though. (hint, hint)

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good tory

Nicely written-kind of a novel twist to the story but at least it portrayed reasonable people acting with love toward each other. good job. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Too Sketchy, but More Uplifting Than Most

you find in this category, Loving Wives. i think as adults most of us don't find anything wrong in engaging in sexual acts; but when they are (one) outside of the marriage and (2) engaged in dangerous manners --- not just to the one engaging in them but also the spouse and children --- it when some of us say: that's crazy.

fictional, yes, but reality is really stranger than fiction; reality does really imitate fiction --- judging by the fact that close to 15 million Americans a year get STD's. HIV is another one, separate and different from STD's and much more deadly.

unfortunately, 99 percent of the ones on LOVING WIVES is about multiple penises going in and out of a woman's vagina, depositing tons of fluid --- a lot of times in nonconsentual circumstances --- with the woman, ultimately, coming to beg for more WITH NO CONSEQUENCES! ,,,, But that's actully LESS SAFE than having sex with professional whores in Las Vegas,,, (for both the woman and her "lovers")!

Nightowl21Nightowl21over 19 years ago
Good story

I guess the time heals the wounds but it would seem that had he waited to get the divorce he might have heard her story and been able to forgive her and elimiated a divorce to start with. Her culpability is quite small if she's telling the truth. Although months of no sex would seem to belie that!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very well done.

I really enjoyed this story. Very realistic andit was well written.

BallzacBallzacover 19 years ago
Enlightening

At last a story that illustrates something about the dangers of sex in a world where various forms of STDs are all too common. You can't tell by looking at a person if they are infected--some of your best friends might have an STD and unless they told you, you'd never know. Make no mistake, some of these diseases are very dangerous and potentially fatal. Some of the diseases don't even require sex to occur for transmission to happen--they can be transmitted though saliva, or other bodily fluids.

The rest of the story was well written and worth reading--it was a cut above the norm in a category, which seems dominated by less than average stories plagued by routine plots. All together excellent!

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
Great!

Oh man, this would have been avoided if both of them would have been open about their feelings & needs. Other then that, the husband reacted well if this were a real life situation. I guess the divorce was harsh but, in the end everything ended well.

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very good

This was a very good story. I hope to see more stories like this from you.

nahcokennahcokenover 19 years ago
Interesting

Quite contrary to most comments below, I do not think that the decision of a divorce was very harsh. Anger born from deceit is a very powerful emotion. Usually, it will grow for a period of time, until reaching it's peak. Such an anger may sometimes never dissapear totally, laying just under the surface. The main character in this story has a job and children, which anchor him in life and make him stable. Therefore, I find this story quite believable.

Well written and very interesting! Keep up the good work...

Peace dude!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent Theme and Writting

I read this after Glenda - your next great story - real life is full of consequence - you portrayed that admirally - with perhaps 1/2 of us having been divorced - I can relate to this issue of infidelity.

Other stories flaunt reality and reasonable consequence where non-agreed upon infidelity runs rampant in the guise of eroticism.

You rise above the average writter who still should be true to their theme and their customer readers by portraying life and its deviant behaviors with reality and consequence.

Good show - consider your talent - quit your daytime job after careful consideration

Kirk482002Kirk482002over 19 years ago
I felt this was...

...an excellent piece of writing. It immediatly grabbed my attention and kept it throughout. Your style of writing is easy and precise and it’s not bad to see a ‘happy’ ending once and a while. As far as the story itself, I found it to be good. I’ve been there twice with cheating wives, and believe me, I’d rather have had things go as smoothly as in this tale.

Again, this is very good.

Kirk

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
like real life

This was a good read and very life like. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more by Salamis. I like to find authors who think like I do and write well.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
Loved it.

Makes a very good story and was well written.

The happy ending is always appreciated.

Too bad he didn't listen to her explanation, no?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Nonny Mouse

I really enjoyed this story, and it taught me something that I didn't know. I am prejudiced in the way I look at infidelity. If a wife cheats with a man, I consider the husband a wimp if he doesn't kick her out. In this story, I was surprised that he divorced her in the first place.

Her act was just as unfaithful as any other cheating slut but I had underestimated the seriousness. Sorry!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent

The story was great from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
???

Enjoyed the story,but who is Persephone?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
wife is whore and a Idiot

ANNE the wife lesbian lover was able to convince her that the Husband was the bad guy when HE was the one staying home chnaging diapers...wiping noses taking kids to the mall the playground and doctors...

Yet despite all that he was doing the wife the hsuband was the problem?

THIS is the real issue. The Wife is s eriosuly flawed in her character

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Great story

You have a great story but you failed to mention the treatment of the gonoreah and the wifes treatment and rounding up the carrier of the stds so i can be treated so it cant be transmitted again and what about the baby did they check to see if the baby is infected before its born .

Pat M.

Atlanta,Ga.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Great story

You have a great story but you failed to mention the treatment of the gonoreah and the wifes treatment and rounding up the carrier of the stds so i can be treated so it cant be transmitted again and what about the baby did they check to see if the baby is infected before its born .

Pat M.

Atlanta,Ga.

tigertonytigertonyover 17 years ago
dilemma in believing the wife

its an ok story, but i have a hard time believing a truly loving wife and mother, would stay gone from their kids two weeks at a time. she didnt even look into the possibiity of another job. she was intent on keeping the one she already had. i believe she was already lovers with anne, and wouldnt give her up til lost her husband and kids

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I agree with she was gone to much of the time

from her children to really be interested in them. The hoopla about only once with a girl and got drunk when she had a history of hardly ever drinking doesnt sit well. And my goodness only one night of sexual relations and with her mostly out and not participating gives her a STD. What in the world are the odds in that? Nope the girl has woven a good story and he has bought it. After all she had sex with a man hater because he involved the family in their business my gosh how cruel heartless and mean! The woman is very shallow in this story. Her whole life revolves around her and only her, he would be much better off with no one than with her.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 17 years ago
What’s in Persephone's name?

I was intrigued by the title of the story, but despite basic familiarity with the mythological character and the story (thank god for Google for the help in refreshing my memory with the details and for providing more interesting variations to the myth) couldn’t figure out the connection with the story. From my read of this story, this wife was not much of a thoughtful or a deliberating person; more like the typical cheater actually – immature self centered and lacking in empathy up to the point of getting caught. Only then, when natural consequences became CONCRETE and she felt pain and feared loss (could be for the first time in her adult life), she actually might have started to mature, or else she just felt that she must engage in a massive campaign of damage control: which one is the correct version? only the long term outcome of this marriage could provide the answer. If there is a spouse who is patient enough AND is willing to take the risk, then as in this case, the reforming cheater can have a second chance and sometimes, so does the marriage. <P>

I have to say that the wife's story of one time drinking, over one time cheating, over contracting STD at that one opportunity - all ‘enveloped’ into one event, sounds like a great sales effort to admit the absolute minimum while still maintaining coherency and statistical probability, regardless of credibility considerations. It could work if the listener is extremely trusting (??); but it sounds like she knew her audience (the husband) better than he knew himself. <P>

The narrative felt a bit abbreviated, resulting in what seemed like a fast forward movement between the stages of the story. It left me a bit puzzled about the husband's state of mind. The parts about the girls were charming though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Did He Get Infected Again Yet?

Since she was pregnant, it seems reasonable that she'd already infected him again. We just don't know which disease this time. Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater.

Apparently she doesn't mind ALL children-just ones with diapers and runny-noses. The husband comes off as a total loser and WIMP.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Fukin' Wimp!

At least you kept it short!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Ah, yes

Very good story actually. I can see that the goddess descended and then arose or returned to her former stature. But Persephone is also Queen or princess of the underworld, and the terrible maiden. In other words, she has a dark and dangerous side.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 16 years ago
I'm probably gonna regret saying this...

..but I think I understand the Persephone angle. First, let me say thank you, Salamis, for sharing your stories with us. I enjoyed your story even though I think hubby got played by his 'loving wife.' Previous posters have pointed out the long odds on getting drunk this one time, experiencing girl-girl sex this one time, and contracting an STD this one time. I felt her reluctance to change careers reflected her desire to have it both ways - travel the world with her lover and have dear old hubby at home doing all the dirty work. If this was a one-time deal that now embarrassed her, why would she bring Anne into such a personal discussion? Even Leah's initial protestations of "never being with any other man" makes her sound like a schemer still trying to get away with it. She wants both worlds. This is the connection with the myth of Persephone, she has to split her life between two worlds, both of which she desires.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Nicely put together story

My compliments and thanks. Clean, eficient and clear writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Quit her job

Silly, they had dinner every night but he knew nothing about her new job orher life. The author portait him as a moran without knowing it.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 15 years ago
Persephone?

Nice enough little tale, but what does this story have to do with the Greek goddess of the harvest and later, the underworld? You did not even name your character Cora (Kore). There was no pomegranate and Anne was not exactly a female Hades!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not To Nit Pick

So I won't, nice short well written story, I liked it, thanks.

bigguy323bigguy323over 14 years ago
What a fool. Once a cheater, always a cheater....

These reconciliation stories make me sick. Once a spouse decides to cheat it is a irrevocable decision. Any MAN who chooses to overlook this is a fool and an emotional train wreck.

YornHYornHover 14 years ago
Lesbian cheater?

For some reason, a lesbian cheater doesn't seem quite as bad. Must be my male chauvinism :-)

Still, a cheater is exactly that and I don't believe the "once-only" - those gals were travelling/sleeping together for MONTHS.

As "they" say: Cheat me once, shame on you - cheat me twice, shame on ME!!! I believe the most sacred and valuable between husband and wife is integrity and fidelity. If it is ever broken - even once - the relation changes to something of lesser value FOREVER - and that is under the best of circumstances.

This particular story is fairly innocent (forgetting the STD for a moment) but hubby needs to question the relationship with Anne in greater detail. Hown often? On-going relationship? Once-only (how to prove, because you cannot trust), is it likely to recurr.

Why didn't he know about the job/carreer change? Surely she could have scored a few points by telling him about it "so I can be more together with you and the girls" - after all, he's a bit of a sucker, he would go for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
fool me once?

shame on you, twice, shame on me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow the only reason she kept that job was to be

with her lover. She was mad at him got drunk and was sexually used (raped) by her friend that then became her lover. What a pile of shit. The STD meant her lover had another lover so they broke up. Now she is lonely wants to be with her kids and manipulates him, stalking was what she was doing, into taking her back. Does this guy have the word STUPID branded into his forehead?

norcal62norcal62about 14 years ago
More work needed on continuity of the story

The idea is good. The transitions between actions needed more work to explain what was happening. Near the end the kids' names are introduced with nothing preceding to explain them.

bigguy323bigguy323about 14 years ago
Terrible story with a terrible plot...

The bitch is a cheating slut with no hope of being faithful. The Guy is an idiot for even thinking of giving her access to his children and his life.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
I think she was secretly eating pomegranate seeds.

My heart wants to go with the bigguy but I guess my friend Patricia51 probably said it best. I thought it was a pretty good first effort. As for the Greek goddess connection, I guess I'll just have to keep pondering it, while I sit here eating my own pomegranate seeds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
What is a master?

Perhaps in your country, the "master" disposes of cases. But I know only judges sit cases brought to court. The suits are brought by individuals and the defendants also appear. A little more research into the legal stuff would have been in order.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good Story

This guy was supposed to be intelligent and setting aside the obvious anger, I would have thought he should have given her a chance to explain herself in the beginning! Of course, then the story wouldn't be very long. I think your effort was good, there was some redemption, keep writing.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
I don't see how ANYONE can think this IS NOT a wimp husband story.

The cheating slut bitch whore CHEATED on him and her children over and over then topped it off by giving him the CLAP.

There is NO forgiving that shit. Only a freaking WIMP would even consider it for a minute.

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
Did BigGuy read the story??

"On one flight they had an extended layover due to weather. That night in their hotel room she got drunk and then accepted a massage that went way too far. Anne used her as she went in and out of consciousness. They argued bitterly over the whole episode when she woke the next day." I guess woman haters would throw the bitch out for this but... Perhaps BG changed the story to suite his hate needs.

Good story. Another example of the cost of not talking to each other. Of course if they did, we wouldn't have a story.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
It still is a matter of trust....

I quess the fact that she cheated with a woman instead of man would be factor into so easily allowing his ex back into his life. The author assumes most men would just be turned on by the idea of their wife engageing in girl on girl sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I guess we know guys with the term "big" in their niks are compensating...

John.....you must have been reading a different story. I missed the part about the husband getting turned on by lezbo sex. Maybe you could post your own version and we could comment on it.

The other big is just your standard, garden variety misogonist.....sigh. Hard to get worked up over an author who hasn't posted in 5 years.

count2threecount2threeabout 13 years ago
Let me tell you a little Story:

Leah was a flight-attendant, she had a very high sex drive and heavily engaged in different forms of girl-only orgies from an early age. Her father was very authoritarian and wasn't good to her mother, thus came Leah was afraid of men and despite of her exploits was still virgin in her twenties.

One day a friend tried to persuade her to have a blind date with a friend-of-a-friend, Leah agreed and was surprised that she was not afraid of this guy because he had a strong caring and feminine side. They clicked, became engaged and later married.

Her Job required that she was away 2 Weeks a month and before long she not only participated in the common orgies with the girls, but ridden of her fright of men she also engaged in orgies with the pilots and ground-crews on layovers. DP, anal, bdsm whatever: she did it and became a cum-slut for every guy in the business.

But she also wanted children, because she didn't want to be alone when she became old. What she didn't want was to take care of little screaming children and much less give up her job and thus the opportunities for debauchery.

Luckily for her, her husband was a wimp and she succeeded in persuading him to stay at home and become a Mr. Mom. She got rid of the anti-baby pills and after a few weeks she was pregnant. If it was by her husband or some other guy she didn't know and she didn't care, chances were given the amount of cum that was pumped into her on a regular basis it wasn't his. whatever.

When the children grew older he tried again to persuade her to give up her job and stay at home. This was unthinkable for her because she was so used to being used by multiple partners that she could not bear to be bound to one man. Love or not.

She just used the age-old technique of withholding sex and affection for what she wanted and after a few month of blue-balls her husband gave up and, lo and behold, apologized for his needs.

That in turn, ironically, made her loose even the last bit of respect for him and even the last of her guilt was extinguished.

One day she had a message from him on her phone. He was infected with diarrhea and new she had a lover.

Leah was now worried that her wild lifestyle and extensive infidelity would be exposed. But Anne a good friend, sex partner and fellow airline-cum-slut had the idea that her wimp husband would forgive her if they could make him believe that it was only a one-time lesbian encounter due to alcohol and boredom.

It was a surprise for them that just at this moment her husband discovered in the shower that there were indeed traces of testicles in his pants and he divorced her.

Leah had grown attached to her children over the years and didn't want to loose them so she made a plan: She changed her Job and found a D/s-swinger-club in her hometown, so she could be near her children and not be depraved of her sexual excesses, she even found a Master who agreed to take her as a pet but would make sure to keep it quiet from her husband. She now could be with her Kids and after a while even her husband made steps to "forgive" her. Not that she had any respect left for him or even liked him much anymore but he wasn't bad in the sack and paid her bills, so she became his wife again. Luckily for her, he was as clueless as ever and even the obvious and inevitable wear-out of her orifices he accepted as a sign of progressing age.

In her eyes he deserved what he got for being a wimp.

The END.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
A very good read,

I enjoyed it to the MAX. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Enjoyed "count2three"s version" of the story ....

which is more realistic than the authors. Once a cheater, always a cheater even if dumb fucks like shoe-no-IQ are to dense to understand the concept. But atlas, shoe has misfits who are also mentally challenged, namely Azpiri & clueless fag - Wonder_one [obviously wondering that one is]. At times, one wants to feel sorry for these three degenerates but "nah", it would be a couple waste of time.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
It is an excellent story.

The story is also original and well written so I gave it 5*****s.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

For me it is new and interesting STD by lesbian connection.

He was lucky because his wife was bisex and not lesbian.

I prefer the staight women but I know the majority of the bisex women is not dangerous for the heterosex connections.

Many men are afraid of them, because they confuse with the lesbians.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoronic knows shit

Having it for brains helps a lot

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
THE "STEWS" STRIKE AGAIN

and the skies are a little more friendly. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Different

Good story. Not the usual cheating wife tale. I'm normally not this forgiving in my comments but I believe she earned a second chance to make things right. The question is, however, what if there was no STD? Would she have continued the affair. I'll just let it go and be happy about a happy ending, which rarely occurs.

phd70phd70almost 12 years ago
STD without genital exchange of fluids?

Good story. A one time mistake seems like a situation where therapy should be attempted to get over the problem? Unfortunately the STD complicated the situation. I have not heard of this STD being comunicable from oral sex? Keep writing! Dan

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 12 years ago
Nothing says I love you

like an STD. This was RAAC I gave it *.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
betrayal

gulping hot jizz, he fingered his greasy cornhole, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You know what is truely ironic.

1Thinkingmans handle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
irony or intent?

easily understood as 'un-thinkingman' to non-yanks...

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
A wimp and a cheat

made for each other. Not even worth a one but can't rate lower.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It worked.

Liked it. The husband didn't wimp out. But he did take her back. I can buy it. A one night thing, rather than a continuing deliberate affair, maybe. Not as macho as a lot of stories, but closer to real life.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Frighteningly Real

I have seen relationships like this. Awfully painful stuff over mostly nothing more than poor decision making and poor communication.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Decent Write Up

Let's see..... Job affects time together, putting pressure on that leads to vindictice curtailment of sex. Because of her imposed rduction, she's lonely (hmmmm) and this influences the results of a deliberate seductive massage (okaaaay...). This then runs into the husbands "strict" guidelines on cheating; hence divorce.

It took this eye opener to convince her she needs to look at a job change. Then the ex-husband blows out his "strict" guidelines on her say so.

Plausible but weak when scrutinized.

Still, it was a good read.

Thx.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
well

I can see that with her sincerity, and obvious dedication to the kids, and the job change, maybe getting back together is OK. Obviously things are different now. BUT, BUT, BUT I DO NOT understand why he would remarry her, especially after only just a month. Maybe wait till the silver anniversary and do it then, if they have made it that far with no straying, or diseases. I guess there are reasons to get married to someone. But there had been very valid reasons why these two had been divorced. So again, why remarry so soon????? At least give it a year or two to rebuild trust and such. SHEESH PEOPLE!

illjoyilljoyover 10 years ago
guy

Has no backbone

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago

I would have given this a 5, but it lost 3 stars for him taking a disease-ridden cheating lesbian slut back.

2 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Grab some Pampers while you're at it!

Hey ID, draw any pictures of your favorite animal, the liger, recently?

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013over 10 years ago
Once a cheater always a cheater

To bad the man in this story has no back bone. Not only does she hold her jobs as more important than her family but she has an affair. Then when she is caught she brings her lover with her to confront him. She only changed jobs after she destroyed the family and then she wanted to come back home. This was a good story till he took her back, a few months out of the marital bed was not much of a price to pay for destroying her family and marriage. I rated it a 2 because of the weak ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
If a man did this

would the wife forgive him. I suspect not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
SOME SICK COMMENTS

I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF THE TWISTED COMMENTS ABOUT THIS STORY. SHE WAS DRUNK AND PRACTICALLY RAPED. THERE WAS NO AFFAIR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What a bunch of idiot comments!

They did the right thing. She screwed up, tried to hide it, paid the price and did what needed to be done to show her love for him and the family. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good

outcome. 5 stars

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

I can accept this conclusion after reading the whole of it, but without knowing everything after the first few paragraphs, I would've thought differently! Maybe the critical voices among your reviewers just weren't reading it to the end?!

redswinredswinabout 10 years ago
Implausible at best

It takes a divorce for her to figure out that her priorities are a little screwed up?

I would expect the next chapter to describe how she never stopped seeing Anne and picked up now that she knew she could always get him back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
No.....

The old adage is true, once a cheater always a cheater. No matter if it were a dick that speared her or the tongue from a carpet muncher. Cheating is cheating. I'm not always a BTB cheerleader, but there have to be ramifications for spreading your legs for someone else to access, whether man or woman. I hold this view for both men and women.

He'll never trust her again in his heart. I know this for a fact. Deep down inside, he'll always wonder, always worry. That is no way to go through life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Controlling Bitch

I am not so concerned about the actual sexual infidelity since so little detail was given. But years of refusal to discuss her career and travel and such blatant manipulation indicates a level of narcissism not easily explained and dismissed. That she would suddenly be willing to give that up is just crap.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Almost there

She did her best to make amends, but Anne still owed him a debt. I think a pound of flesh would cover that balance! That bitch fucked up his life and his kids life. She isn't important to any of them, so burn her down!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thanks for the fairy tale!

He married the only virgin stewardess who gives him 2 kids to raise while she flies around the world for weeks at a time. What is his job? When he asks her to get a job that would allow her to be a part of the family she gets pissed and has a lesbian affair. Why would the selfish bitch change after the divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
No

Just another sissy /cuck.

I am say 75% BTB ,but I do enjoy the odd cuckold forgiveness story if there is some kind of logical progression that makes some sense.

This fail In my humble opinion,I feel embarassed for the little boy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Skeleton of a story.

Writers first outlines a story then flesh it out. Your's remained in the outline stage...

illjoyilljoyover 9 years ago
Sainthood

Can he get nominated? Cause wow she cheats and gives him STD wow does anyone not know how fking srs STD are? It can and will fk your life up. Just wow. . . . . RAAC i dont understand how anyone can support this "reconciliation" without having a srsly fk'd up moral compass. You can forgive someone but it doesnt mean go back to them especially in this case. This dude has a heart of gold but jelly for a spine.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Three stars

Infidelity, betrayal, STD, selfishness, cutting husband off of intimacy for several months, getting angry at husband involving family and friends in family and marriage decisions and then having an emotional adulterous affair with someone else. VERSES. Finally putting spouse and children first in her life after loss of her marriage and family. Tough to reconcile. Maybe after some time and counseling and excellent communication in the future. Maybe. Maybe.

VickieTernVickieTernover 9 years ago
She wasn't unfaithful

but rather, drugged (with alcohol, apparently, a common recreational drug some people don't think of as a drug at all), and raped (engaged in sex without her full knowledge and consent, see any of the College or University definitions affecting fraternity parties these days). That's not her problem. Her problem is that husband and wife are one flesh, and half the time she's gone, leaving him a half-flesh and her children with a single parent. That's plain stupid and irresponsible, and because it went on for years despite pleading, unforgiveable I think. Her brooding resentment when told this only makes it worse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I prefer revenge tales...

... or at least tales that end in sensible resolution (IE the guy doesn't go back), but as others have pointed out, the woman was flat out raped so I can see this ending being a reasonable conclusion and not RAAC (I HATE RAAC).

That being said, how fucked up was their relationship before this that they couldn't sit down and calmly discuss he job, why he wanted her to find a new one, how it was affecting their relationship, and why she didn't want to change?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
nope

She didnt think her kids are important enough to stay at home . After she gets caught her and her friend make up a bullshit story and he buys it BULLSHIT. Was a pilot for 25years the sex partys were never ending .Never met a married stewertress that didnt cheat once she left her town . Cant even count the blowjobs I got while flying. Its funny it was allways the married ones that were planing the partys.The single girls were never easy

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
I love this!

What crap! I was bored so I reread some old stories. An let me tell you an old story,I knew a man who had this happen to him except he was notified by the health dept. And he did the same "I love her and I will take her back" shit. And it happened again. And again. Eventually there was physical abuse against him and the children by the "mother".

And this is what happens when you turn the other cheek like this. It gives them a whole new target. Any woman or man who stays with a spouse who brings home the clap, crabs, syph, HIV or whatever and doesn't give that person the heave-ho is putting themselves and the children at risk. You can forgive, but keep that person at arms length!

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
I could see him giving her another chance - AFTER the divorce

Anne, however, should still have some serious hurt coming.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous