Philip and I

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I laughed. "Who'd have though you'd be such a slut?"

"I'll take that as a compliment." Philip winked and took hold of the object of his lust, which stirred in response. We could have gone with the flow again, but there was something I wanted to say.

"Phil, it was great for me too. But I know you married guys," I said, only half joking. "If we get back home and you decide you want to back off, do some thinking, cool it a bit, I'll understand."

"That's not going to happen."

"All I'm saying is that you'll always be my friend, no matter what."

"Do you mean that, Ray?"

I looked at Philip, lying there on his side, his head propped up on one elbow, the thick rope of his cock still swollen, his balls hanging downward.

"Sure," I said. "All my best friends are people I've slept with."

He laughed. "So this was a test of friendship?"

"Exactly. You know, I'm not sure you passed. Could we try it again?"

"Good idea." He reached for my face.

The rest of the weekend was a happy blur. I don't remember much about it except Philip and me jumping in bed together every chance we got. The highlight of his life, he said. Well, my friend, it was one of the highlights of mine too.

As I said, that all happened three years ago.

It's Commencement today at St. Jude, and the faculty and administration are getting robed and ready for the procession. The robing room in the chapel, where we're gathering before marching out to the main square of the campus, is crowded and noisy.

I see Philip across the corner of the room. It's a special day for him--his younger son John is graduating from St. Jude today. He waves at me but he's too far away to talk. We're not going to be anywhere near each other in the procession, since we line up by seniority. I've attained the rank of senior master now myself. As we march out to the strains of "Pomp and Circumstance" past the rows of admiring parents, relatives and friends, I can see Philip ahead of me, exchanging a word or two with the master next to him. He's tall and handsome in his academic robes. I still lust after him like a schoolboy.

In the festive crush of people on the square immediately afterward I spot John Ramsey, Phil's son, first, and congratulate him. He is friendly, but his mother Carol, who's with him, is not. She still blames me for the upheaval in her life. I could tell her that Philip would have come out sooner or later whether he'd met me or not, but it wouldn't do any good.

Finally I spy Philip off to one side, surrounded as usual by admiring students. He sees me too. Extricating himself, he comes toward me, smiling and waving. The sight of him still makes my heart beat faster. We can't do more than shake hands out here, of course, but his blue eyes meet mine meaningfully and his touch lingers just a bit.

"Congratulations, Phil," I say. "You must be very proud."

He's grinning from ear to ear. "Ray, you have no idea. I'm about to bust. Didn't John look great up there? Have you seen him?"

"He's somewhere over there, with his mother."

Philip's grin turns wry. "Oh yes, his mother. We've all agreed to be civil for John's sake. I hope we can pull it off."

I nod in sympathy. "Joe's here too, I suppose."

"Oh yeah, his son graduated today too." Phil rolls his eyes. "We're going to go out to dinner tonight--me, Carol, Joe, John and Roland, Joe's boy. Could get very interesting. Hey, Ray, are you doing anything tonight? Want to come along and join the fun?"

I can't help laughing. "Thanks, Phil, but I'll pass. Think about it. Your ex-wife, ex-partner, and current partner all at one table? Two out of three's bad enough."

Philip grins. "I see your point. Well, got to go gather up the troops." He steps forward then and hugs me. "You're great, Ray." I hug him back, surprised and grateful. "Catch you later."

"Bye." I watch him go, filled with mixed emotions.

The way things turned out shouldn't have been a shock. The guy who brings you out is never going to be the one you settle down with. I'd hoped Philip would be an exception to the rule, of course, but it was not to be. Because he's the kind of man he is, and because I was determined to keep my promise, Philip and I are still friends. And Joe is a nice guy--even if he is another married man who figured it out a little late in the day.

I walk back toward my office through the gradually thinning crowd. The classroom buildings are deserted today, of course, and the empty hallways reflect my mood. I decide to stop by the mailroom, not because I think there's anything there, but just for something to do.

As I approach the open doorway, I 'm surprised to see someone else in there. His back is to me, and I can't help noticing that whoever it is has a slim waist, broad shoulders, and a butt that fills out his gray wool dress slacks very nicely.

The stranger turns as I enter and nods diffidently. It's one of the new masters, whose name I haven't yet learned, young and blond.

I remember how Philip and I first met in here, and how grateful I was for his friendly handshake. I reach out my own hand, and say, "Hello. I'm Ray Kincaid in the English Department. I don't believe we've met."

His face lights up as he shakes my hand. "Bill Lewis. I've just finished my first year in History."

There's a pause, then Bill says, "I was just at Commencement. It's my first here. I was a bit overwhelmed."

I make the dismissive gesture of an old-timer. "Believe me, you'll get used to it very quickly." Then I go out on another limb, and say, "There's a reception in the Commons now. Want to go get some coffee?"

Bill beams. "That would be great."

I'm still wearing my academic robe. "Just let me stop by my office and strip down--not all the way, of course," I say, deadpan. He laughs, a bit too loudly. His gaze holds mine for a split second.

We leave the mailroom together and walk down the hallway chatting like old friends. I'm thinking this could be a fun summer.

END

12