All Comments on 'Picture of Betrayal'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 251 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
EVEN THE RUNT OF A LITTER

can grow, mature, develop and become successful. TK U MLJ LV NV

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
5*s as usual

I always like LTW's stories and think LTW is a great writer. The only thing that I can say against this story is that I didn't understand how or why he softened his stance. Maybe that's a personal issue with me. He refused to speak to his ex high school sweetie ever again...couldn't and wouldn't forgive yet was on very good terms with Stacy and more as time went on. I donno...maybe he matured. I haven't spoken to my ex in over 25 yrs. Don't plan to either. My life, like his is good if not exactly as wealthy, today. My time is my own and I have a respectful S.O. who doesn't tie me down. But I will never soften my stance regarding my ex.. But that is just me.

Thanks for the good read LTW. Wish my writings were a tenth as good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
wow

Sucking on a woman's nipples!!

Sounds like an adolescent bragging to a classmate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fate is a funny thing

You might turn left, or perhaps right at a stop sign. Either way is the rest of your life and it will be completely different.

One incident bleeds life into the next.

That concept here is more interesting than the events of this tale..

Thanks,.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I'd brag about sucking Kate's nipples to.

Juvenile as it is.

LMFAO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
BTB Redefined

You went, THERE, my brutha.

Really admire how you did Not have your protagonist bed his muse, Alecta.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
That was a journey

That was classic LW , really appreciate that you shared it with us,

I especially loved the beginning . HDK often talks about Ohio being able to emote the real emotion of betrayal ( still got to read his new one !) , but I think you're really good at that as well . Too me , that raw emotion , the dramatic confrontations , and people overcoming the shitstorm of these situations are exactly why I love this genre so .

He got a realistic revenge against the A-Hole Joe ( haha , sorry . I couldn't stop myself) , and stayed true to himself through the emotional trauma of the situation , and came out the other side in one whole piece .

Is it realistic , who cares , it gave the reader a ride on the emotional tilt-a-whirl that is what a cheating & consequences story is all about IMHO .

The end result of him finding professional fame and fortune with all of the perks that go with , balanced against Stacy's finding a new mate allows for both sides to " win " without going full scortched earth and makes for a nice middleground .

I was entertained !!!

5*'s

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanabout 7 years ago
Great story!

Loved it. Had all the right elements and good writing too. Will hope to see more in the future.

Sincerely,

Santacruzman

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Fantastic!

Another great story!

gara5289gara5289about 7 years ago
Great story

Great story and i'm glad you did something different with the end aka he didn't meet a more beautiful, gentle, kind etc woman several days after filing for divorce who he has a passionate romance with etc etc etc. Really liked the main character, the writing and the pacing. Another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The Telegraph, The Twist, And The Tepid Turnout

As always, Laptop has spun an entertaining yarn. The feeling is real, the setup deftly wound, the protagonist and secondary characters are very well done. Jerry could have turned out to be a cardboard cutout jagoff, but you end up liking him. Marcy, too, has an agreeable, smart 'n snappy way about her.

I am trying to figure how the wife, despite her apparent contrition, could be as uncomprehending in the stupidity of her actions. She just wanted some excitement? At any rate, it is plausible.

I suppose that as long as the cheater bitch doesn't go down to Stangstar-level of pure, drooling reptilian mockery I feel like I came out ahead.

The protagonist is fleshed out well enough. But there is a certain flip flop, or bait and switch in the end....not exactly a 180, but his character seems to undergo a cheapening. Are we supposed to revel in his worldy travels and nipple-sucking braggadocio? He has already recovered a good bit of his confidence and manliness. So what's the point?

The same type of fidelity conciousness that the protagonist has perfected is the same type of conciousness that would shun globehopping with random sexual encounters, so how is the reader to think of this?

Frankly, I have had a decidedly low nipple quotient of late, so a spate of nipple nibbling is quite appealing. But there does seem to be a contradiction in this storyline.

The constant reminder of his hard-line stance on forgiveness actually takes a bit of the wind out of things. Still, his friends keep reminding him how devestated his soon to be ex is. It makes you wonder whether circumstances will cause him to relent. That is Laptop's skill here.

This wife is definitely not deserving of a second chance. Really, that has to be more or less a slam dunk for most. But, Laptop has expertly place the reader in a prickly spot with a number of questions that bristle to keep one interested and wondering.

At any rate, while this bitch ain't crispy, she definitely was taken into luke warm territory with her new slobbering schlub salesman. One of the commenters described this as a "win-win". No. She burned herself pretty damn bad, and kicked her faithful husband to the curb. She'll never live this one down, especially as her own cheatin' mind runs wild on all of Schlubby's coming business trip traipsings.

Despite the complaints this is an excellent story and shows great talent.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
3 Great Scenes, No Weak Ones = Literotica Hot Rating for Short Story

There were an initial plethora of so-so scenes , mostly with cheating discovery and any with repentant, but soon to be ousted wife. But nothing overtly " weak ". But where this story showed in spades just how laptopwriter earned invite to Legends fest were the multiple " wee small hours of the night " ( shout out to my fellow Sinatra fans ) scenes where narrator searched his soul as to where life took undesired left turn.

The career make-busy , so as not to wallow, machinations also stood out . Supporting characters stayed in their lane , but diverted to desired effect ,immediately on skilled author's cue. The ex-wife was the weak link , but she got minimal play. Laptopwriter knew and played as much as possible to his proactive narrator's strong suits.

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

a betrayal was a catalyst for springboarding his career to new heights. realistic? hell no. a beauty of supermodel potential would have been picked up earlier. probably even before she entered college. But it was a fun read. long but fun. well done

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Poor Trade

He traded a life with a wife he loved, and potential family for a life of debauchery and ego. True that his wife cheated on him and botched up that marriage but by then he loved her and knew what was important in life. He departed from that path, hopefully only on a detour to eventually make his way back to what life is really about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
After getting the greeting out of the way I got right to the point.

Wish you would get to the point without being long winded.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

Marcy’s going to be cabbing back for her car, why not just wait for her?

He was supposedly going away for three days, and she couldn’t even wait ONE before hooking up with her lover?

Why couldn’t Jeanette put Brad off one day, go on her date with Shayne and break up with him? Sheesh!

So, Joe tells her not to say anything because DORIS will get jealous, but she can’t trust her own husband enough to tell him?

“Unfortunately, the fact that she was in the studio and not waiting for me in my bed led me to believe she wasn't quite ready for step two yet” – Um, she gets naked the second time she’s met you, you haven’t even had a first date yet, she’s ready!

“I tried to talk her into staying the night but she said she had work the following day and needed to get home” – She works on Sunday? Then later, they get together on a Saturday, and she DOESN’T have to work on Sunday. She works with Gwen, I saw no indication that Gwen works weekends.

Not to nit-pick (HA!) but unless it was the British Virgin Islands they WEREN’T out of the US.

“I made it a goal to screw every top Victoria's Secret model and I only have two to go.” – I’m a guy, and I have no problems with him taking advantage of opportunities as they present themselves, but that’s just crude!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Another Thought

Cheating is NEVER okay, for any reason, and if a partner wants some strange they should man or woman up and break up first, but to me, at least, I could take it better if she actually loved the other guy instead of just doing it for "fun."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The Fairy tale/Fantasy ending

Pretty good story. At the end he seemed a little lost and jaded. But doing what he was doing would certainly lead to that lifestyle. I think most guys would do it if they had the chance. I'm not sure that all the top models and actresses are quite as loose as he portrays them, but hey, it's a fantasy.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
Mostly good

but the last half of the last page was too hokey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
ok

but the guy was too nice with the bitch.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Went from a solid 5* to declining 4*, it was very good until the last scene with Jerry on the patio, where he got into is bravado of screwing every hottie he shot. Guess he needs a lesson of never play with what pays - it's just a mater of time and the girls will talk and his work-ethic reputation is trashed and the gigs fade away.

Actually I thought the story was going to lean at putting Alecta into his arms.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

It never hurts to make a good first impression.

Boyd Percy

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
LTW is at the top of his game!

Solid story, great characters, as usual. Thanks for sharing your talent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story.

Great story line. Followed all through with all the characters in tow. No names kept getting changed. Could have had less "kissing and telling" about bed partners, but good still the same!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
KRD19254

Ditto what KRD19254 said.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Serendipity

Fun plot - kinda reminds me of the movie "Sliding Doors", where small ripples in plot details result in momentous life changes for the characters. Well constructed sympathetic principal characters. Well edited. Story didn't sag anywhere. All in all a very enjoyable read. Easy to get into. Thank you for sharing your story - all your stories over the years.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
I'm sorry his success changed him so much

As he bragged to Jerry about how many women were coming on to him I couldn't help thinking back to the words of advice he gave to Electa, first when telling her he wasn't like that, and then when she was off to work with Sikorski. Too bad he didn't heed his own caution.

Classic example of the double standard. She should protect herself against all the men who would be hitting on her, but he brags about all the women who were coming on to him.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Good read

A well written tale but disappointed in who he became.

This was more of an erotic fantasy tale than that of a loving wife.

Still an easy 4*.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
What They Said

I'm with rightbank and silentsound -- you turned Shayne into the kind of "slam, bam, thank-you ma'am" creep that he warned Alecta about. All was great with the character until that transformation.

Still 5* for the storytelling and execution, thanks!

Happy Legends Day/Weekend!

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

Great to see some one move on without a life full of regrets. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

It is refreshing that you did not have your character fall into a relationship with Alecta or Sid. His overnight photographic success, however, is a little over the top. Having worked with a lot of professional photographers, I can say that those kinds of assignments don't come that easily. Nor are they really that enviable.

AllintheheadAllintheheadabout 7 years ago
Ok

I liked it right up until he became exactly what he told Alecta to avoid

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
Great writing . . .

. . . but a rather sad ending in my opinion. Oh, well. Thank you for being a part of such an illustrious group.

Rw43Rw43about 7 years ago
Great, compelling storytelling demands 5 stars

In spite of my dislike of its fundamental flaws.

Johnneyman40Johnneyman40about 7 years ago
should have been a 5

The story was really good, but the ending left me to believed his wife recovered and he became the kind of guy she feared he would become and also the kind of guy he always warned Alecta about. He was so much smarter than that and more wholesome, then appears to have turned into a womanizer. I hoping for a better ending for the guy. Oh well.

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 7 years ago

solid and thought-provoking.

also: sexcellent. thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
3*s

A good story. A sad story.

He didn't have any family. Apparently only work acquaintance and Jerry. He changed from a loving husband to a player😈. Alecta didn't get banged because she said the protection words "DAD" and "DADDY",🇱🇴🇱. I'm sure all the women he slept with were single.

Editing of your story laptopwriter was below your usual standards. Didn't detract except for his car at the beginning. He had it. Marcy took it. He had it again.

Gave you 3*s. As someone else mentioned, it's a read.

Thank you for the story.

AMerryman

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingabout 7 years ago
Solid story but

the ending was incredibly shallow.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 7 years ago
Definitely a good read

That said long pages of mundane stuff. He had to be anxious as all get out on the big shoots, beset with self doubts, but you have him breeze through as though in a Starbucks line. It would have fleshed out his character, made him less than a superman. Likewise his alleged cocksmanship at the end was another big suspension of belief.

Still, way above average here

Chilley

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Sequelitis: I feel as if I've read this (or something very similar) before...

I like laptopwriter’s work. I’m a fan. That said, while reading this tale, I felt as though it was already familiar… I was thinking I’ve read another story that’s so similar… I searched my memory and was able to locate, “The Night That Was” by nakdsub.

The similarities are eerily extensive:

Who: A commercial photographer

What: Betrayal by the beautiful wife he still loves. She’s so broken up and regrets it. He moves out immediately. No point in therapy or any attempt at reconciliation. He simply can’t see how it would work absent the trust. Thus, he simply moves on. She leans heavily on the support of friends to come to grips with what she’s done and to accept the inevitable outcome. There’s also a photo shoot with a rock band that created a special memory.

Where: Chicago and a place called Plato’s

When: Sometime

Why: She was jealous of his more exciting life he led as a commercial photographer.

My only caveat is that after quickly skimming nakdsub’s tale, I was thoroughly confused as to where one story’s plot started and the other’s ended; hence, it’s entirely possible that I got a bit of the above comparison wrong. Caveat’s aside, while reading this tale it felt like a sequel… or even a quasi-remake… I’m sad to say that, as is often the case when watching a sequel, it was average at best when compared to the original.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooabout 7 years ago
One of the best stories ever

Superbly written story. It was sad though. I kept hoping he would get back together with Stacy. It seems like every story I read of infidelity that there is never any reconciliation. One of the characteristics of real love is forgiveness and reconciliation. This was particularly hard on me to read because it brought back when my wife and I we're separated for a year through mutual infidelity. Our love was so great we knew our lives would be miserable without each other. It was a hard journey hope we were able to reestablish a relationship. That is what I was hoping for them.

This was some of the best writing ever. I was hoping for a different ending though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fucking love it!

There's no better revenge than success!

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
A good story, as all @laptopwriter's stories...

A good story, as all @laptopwriter's stories...He was living in the crest of the wave, being famous, fucking famous stars, but we fell he has a hole in his life: someone with whom he could share his success. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To all you men and women who have felt like this guy...

Please accept my condolences. Author really seemed to convey the anger and sense ofoss well. I hope your lives are better now! OldBearSwitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sad

It was great writing but the story was so sad.

She really did destroy him.

He isnt at all like in the beginning of the story.

And alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
God, what an empty achievment! He gets to fuck lots of beautiful women, . . .

to whom him and the sex means nothing. And he thinks this is better than what he might have had with a loyal loving intelligent wife? I hope he's better at being a photographer than he is at being a husband, or a man.

A well told tale of a very immature stupid woman, and a man who should of done a better job of paying attention to what kind of woman he was married to. We are often regaled with how beautiful these shallow selfish wives are, how well they suck cock or something. Its telling how many authors skip over the characteristics that would have predicted their vanity and lack of self respect. Traits like how they value and spend money, how they interact with customers and coworkers, what they think about virtue and ethics, how they interact with children and animals, what kind of respect they have for their family, their friends, themselves. Its all there, to a discerning eye. Most of the spouses who get shit on in these stories are complicit in their own betrayal and disappointment. How the fuck could a guy be coming over to his house for coffee and lunches and dinners and he doesn't know who his wife is spending her time with, and where?

Most marriages that fail were never really marriages, except on paper. This was a sad story about one more that should have never taken place. Thanks for your contribution to the day.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 7 years agoAuthor
I think a lot of my readers know this but for those who don't, I should explain...

When I first started writing for Lit I took the name "nakedsub." I derived the name from a rock & roll band I used to play with called, The Naked Submarine. When I took the name I hadn't thought of its connotation to a naked submissive.

After posting stories here under that name for a couple years, I got into an argument with management and pulled all my stories. I continued to write for a couple other sites but thought it was a good time to change my pen name; hence, Laptopwriter was born.

As was mention in the comments, you can still find my old stories under my old pen name. I mention this only so people don't think I plagiarized nakedsub. I'm him.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7about 7 years ago
Good solid story with male fantasy ending

A good solid story. Well written. I gave it a four out of five. I always enjoy LTW stories.

There were no major twists or turns or surprises, but the characters were well written with very belieaveable emotional reactions.

I particularly liked the conversation between Shayne and Jerry. I also liked how the main character didn't bed the model he discovered.

I also liked how the main character punches out the man who cuckolded him, but has to deal with the realistic results.

The ending was a bit of a male fantasy of sleeping with super models and movie stars, but there is nothing wrong with that, I guess.

I would have liked the wife's explanation for why she cheated. We sort of got it from Jerry. But the reason women cheat is almost always not what we men expect.

Overall very enjoyable.

Cheers

Steve

patilliepatillieabout 7 years ago
Sorry laptop

not one of your better efforts. Too matter of fact, no angst, tension driven out of story early, and vapid lifestyle ending.

Richie4110Richie4110about 7 years ago
I Loved It!

It plays like the total package. May be a male fantasy but that's why I read Literotica. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story, great writing, irony everywhere...

The wife cheated because she wanted to add some excitement to her life. Once divorced though, she ends up marrying a boring salesman while her ex-husband travels the world, shooting the hottest models and movie stars in exotic locations, spending his spare time having sex with them all. You know she's eating her heart out and he's having the time of his life. All's well that ends well.

Great story, loved every page, hated to see it end. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not EVERY male's fantasy ending.

Two years ago, cancer ended my 35-year long fantasy. I'd trade 1000 tomorrows with Kate for just a single yesterday.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
😎

Sometimes you lose what you had . But, you get what you want.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Your writing keeps getting better and better. My only gripe is the relative lack of conflict. For me, that is what makes a story truly exciting. He catches wife cheating and immediately decides it's over. She also immediately realizes there is no future. You do have the main character thinking about the ex wife repeatedly, but it is always within the context of there being no hope. He was so adamant, I found myself wondering why he was still thinking about it. He did the right thing, and I guess your point was to show him as decisive and to stress the gravity of cheating. But without some added drama and conflict, it just breezed along as a tale of a photographer getting his big break, and not so much as the tale of a betrayed husband. Still, five stars and a really fun read.

cpetecpeteabout 7 years ago
Living the DREAM!

LOL-The worldwide male fantasy of every straight guy. A fun tale of rising from the ashes. Well done

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

The fantasy got a bit ridiculous at the end, and considering her importance it's a shame that Alecta didn't get fleshed out more, a lot more time should have been spent on their interactions.

Overall there was way too much telling and not enough showing at the end.

I would have liked actually reading about a few of his conquests.

Most importantly we should have seen him meet the next love at some point to complete the story

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 7 years ago
Very nicely done

Gave it a four. My reasoning is as follows. I was assuming from the title that he would get her by inadvertently having her show up in the background of some pictures he had shot at some affair or whatnot ( pun intended). Also, I would have enjoyed more fleshing out of the characters. Not just I shot this one or that one, and screwed most of them. Now while I believe that to him it was the best way to deal with his cheating wife, I kept getting the feeling that something was missing. Maybe her side, or getting serious with one or another of the women, but, there was nothing. Caught her going out and bam, straight to divorce! I am fairly firm in the BTB club, and there are times where reconciliation is called for, not in this one though, but something was missing.

In any event, thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Enjoyed The Story

Until the end and you killed it DEAD! You just made him out to be a total dickhead! Why? Did you figure you had only 10 minutes more and the story had to be finished? Anyway you fucked up a good story with a bad ending and just so you know laptopwriter (get an editor)!!!!!

carvohicarvohiabout 7 years ago
Great but...

I guess I want them to all in reconciliation.

I feel for our hero. He lost his hearts desire only to be rewarded with all the gold and silver he could carry. Some comments have critiqued your end, how our hero talks about how he's gotten this or that movie star. I think they missed the point; that was never what he wanted. One wonders if sometimes he wished the Peoria shoot hadn't been aborted. Hard to say. He'd find out sometime anyway. Oh well...life goes on.

Thanks for a great story, just a little down at the end.

Jedd Clampett

carvohicarvohiabout 7 years ago
Oops!

A five of course...

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I gave it a 5

The epilogue was kind of rushed but I liked that you didn't follow the LW trope of having him immediately find fall in love with and marry the first woman he hooks up with. I mean why shouldn't a man enjoy his freedom and new found success and notoriety?

auhunter04auhunter04about 7 years ago
off hand comment

Life is fickle, one minute you are on a rocket to the stars the next you are a fading face. I think a good photographer would last longer. A feel good piece for the most part but -to me- the ending left me a little flat, like frat boys bragging about their conquests.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
You lost me on your last paragraphs.

Guess who constantly has people trying to shag them silly? Models and Actresses.

Who has the most to lose at being 'iconic' if it is known they are shagging middle aged men, no matter how talented a photographer?

Models and Actresses.

So...

I get WHY you put it on there, but it just grated.

It took me from a five to a four.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good, but lacks consistency

Thanks for writing, a nice story, though the last page didn't really do much for me. The main character was a pretty noble guy, professing to not sleep with his models, as he didn't want them to think they had to do that to make it to the top. This seems to be his character for six pages, and then he is suddenly doing nothing but bragging about how many models he has slept with. Didn't do it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hero morphing into an asshole

I agree with other comments posted here. I empathized with the basically good guy until he hit the big time and turned into the exact type of creep he warned Alecta against. Selling your soul does not a hero make.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 7 years agoAuthor
I find it difficult to believe that so many of my readers

can't distinguish the difference between and innocent young lady and a worldly, adult female.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 7 years ago
Things changed

At the beginning of the story, Shayne wanted to avoid situations where a new model could think she had to have sex with him to get work, i.e., "quid pro quo." At the end, Shayne is the one in his rookie year as an international photographer, the women he's hooking up with are famous supermodels and movie stars, and they're the ones who could make or break him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Stacy and the Asshole

Sure Stacy was stupid to cheat with Joe Wexler and it cost her her marriage BUT,Shayne went from a loving husband,to a bitter divorcee,to a professional asshole. He seemed to be more proud of his one-night stands with models than he was of his professional success. His running amok in the "beautiful people" scene will have him immersed in sex,drugs,and STDs.

In the end,it's Stacy who is the happily married one and,Shayne is the slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
first half was good

second half destroyed this story .

so glad you let the whore have such a nice carefree happy life .

and out protagonist is still essentially alone (unmarried)

2*

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 7 years ago
I enjoyed the story, even the ending...

I get where a lot of the commenters are coming from. Shayne makes the comment in the beginning about, "I would never put her, or any model in a position where she thought it was quid-pro-quo for getting her the job." He leaves us there, and in a couple of other places during the story, with the impression that he never "messes" with the models, but that's not really what he said.

On the projects where he's working with the "big" stars, he's just the photographer; he doesn't choose the models, they're all selected by the customer long before he's involved. Those experienced super-models know it, so his quid-pro-quo edict isn't being violated.

He's single, he's been betrayed by a cheating wife and is still recovering, so it only makes sense that he would partake of some of the finest looking ladies in the country - if they're willing - especially when you add in the romantic places where they're shooting. He's not exclusive with Sid, so no problem there either, although I'm fairly certain she wouldn't appreciate his conquests as much as Jerry did.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Finally, someone who gets it...

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story!

One of my favorite writers. How anyone could dislike this story is beyond me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well Someone Who Gets Most Of IT

Good story well told, although a bit too long. The second half was a bit much.

Also, I never understand what compels many of the writers on this website to always make the aggrieved, betrayed spouse confess that " I'll always love you" to the partner who just betrayed and fucked them over (?)

In many of these stories the writers have the screwed over spouse actually apologizing for not being able to forgive the cheating partner (?) WTF !!

I've been happily married now for many years. My first marriage failed when my wife cheated with an old boyfriend and confessed. We ended the marriage civilly and as amicably as we could. That is, after I beat the shit out of her boyfriend and told them they could now go fuck themselves silly, in hell.

Which I've never regretted doing !!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

No matter how much Stacy wants him back, you know that sooner or later she would grow to resent his lingering suspicions.

With Gwen and Jerry getting closer, at least SOME good came from this.

While I can understand Stacy being dazzled by the "romance" and Wexler's lines, but she's an adult and should be able to see and evaluate the risks. I have more sympathy for Jeanette, who was relationship-wise still a child. The fact that Stacy is so broken up is why she should never have done it.

Justgr8Justgr8almost 7 years ago
All in the five W's

You never mess with someone you mentor so good for this guy doing the right thing by Alectra. Now if you're thrown together with a room full of lovely ladies go fishing brother..... Fun story, like how he and the ex found a way to end on a better note after some time passed. This story showed it's OK to get angry and heal without ruining your life and health......

DewpawDewpawalmost 7 years ago
Horatio Who

A tad too much Horatio Algerish

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
Nice

It's rare when cheating, which usually causes bitter feelings and revenge, actually allowed our hero to find a new path in life which was very successful and rewarding. The cheating wife, while regretting all she'd done, moved on with her life and, though not as exciting as her ex's, found love and was moving on as well. One thing, I've never seen anyone drink so much coffee in my life. Great read.

Five Stars

sexydad50sexydad50over 6 years ago
Didn't care for it

Didn't care for it. Story could have gone somewhere. It just didn't.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 6 years ago
Disappointing....

She cheated, but he's an asshole. Maybe he would have had that great life, but someone who can't forgive other people would be impossible to connect with because nobody is perfect. His cheating wife would be better off without him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well, that wandered a whole lot

Without going another at all. What was the point? Cheated on, becomes famous photographer. The end. ........yaaay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You trashed the ending

You turned him into a playboy with no moral standing. From a normal husband to above normal player. The ending just trashed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good but...

This is a good cheating wife, revenge (divorce), sorrowful wife/exwife, successful former husband story that covers a good scenario. This could easily have been more of a BTB story as a reconciliation. The problem is that there is really no ending/conclusion to this story. Sorry but hoped for more, whatever ending you might have fashioned.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good

A really good story. I had hoped for a little vengeance early on but the way the author went about wrapping up the marriage and the guy moving on with his life felt natural. Wasn't too sure about the ending about the dude becoming a bit of a man whore but it was a very enjoyable read all the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes, I lost all respect for him 4* Immoral, arrogant, self-centered.....

I ended up feeling more sympathy for Stacy than him.

Very well written though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disappointing

although well written. At the end he is in the phony world of the self-important, selfish narcissist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@ 7 T's of 3-17-17

LTWs story is 5 star. But your comments are more entertaining in a short and snarky kind of way. 5 stars to you as well.

Theakston58Theakston58over 6 years ago
Well written but disappointing

He went from being a good moral man to a self important dick in two pages. From five to four imho.

Theakston

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disappointing

Not a good ending...two people love each yet cannot fall into the caption "love conquers all." It could have been much nicer, yet it ended with Shayne, like all other famous people became narcissistic, shallow and immoral....low character..... 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Deep?

So, the story is about how a wife decides to live out shallow fantasies rather than pursue true love... causing the husband to decide to live out shallow fantasies rather than pursue true? Symmetrical, I guess.

I guess they were truly good matches for each other, after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dennys commercial much

Don't get me wrong Dennys has it's time and place but damn you really had to name drop dennys that much?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
junior high?

dude holds a grudge a dozen years from a chick in 10th grade? now we see where the closet cucks come from, LOL

fucking losers

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
COMPELLING

Plenty going on to keep my interest from beginning to end. Very good writing with the dialog telling much of the story (better to have the characters tell the story than the narrator). Well-defined characters -- I liked them all except Joe the seducing cheater. Liked it that Shayne loved Stacy enough that he did not try to.ruin her life and wished her well -- I hate all-out burn the bitch violence. A good case could be made for reconciliation in this story. I felt the emotion of the various participants and feeling Stacy's pain pushed me to wanting reconciliation.

He recovered so well and that makes a good story. Afraid it may sometime not be so in life. I knew a guy casually (enough to greet and for a while went to same church in small town) who after his divorce had to go off to get dried out from his drinking and some time later killed himself. This was few years after the divorce. Did not know the situation enough to say the divorce caused or contributed to it, but I still think it did.

Anyhoo, this was a great and entertaining tale, easily deserving 5 stars.

Oh yes, one compelling feature was the knowledge of an industry I'm ignorant of -- modeling.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Everyone brags about their conquests

If you don't then it's because you have none. I find it funny you think that's disgusting, but mention nothing about the cheating. Stay classy.

KRD19254KRD19254about 6 years ago

It was a very good story until this last half of the last page. Bragging and name dropping to fluff his ego/feathers soured the story for me.

From a 6* to a 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A nice story, but one line disturbed me

"I made it a goal to screw every top Victoria's Secret model and I only have two to go."

Statistically, not all these women would not have a boyfriend or spouse. So the implication here is that he has no problem participating in infidelity, as long as he's not on the receiving end. I suspect this was probably not the intent of that line, bot it sure did jump out at me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@anon - Everyone brags...

Not quite. Still some male with class and respect for their love interests left.

When you overhear group of guys bragging and denigrating reputations of females they have bedded more likely than not one is silent with small smile on his face.

Girls and women do not appreciate guys who tell tales...such guys get few repeat performances and females spread they word to avoid those cads.

Meanwhile, the quiet guy is getting excellent reviews and no need to attempt ''conquest''

Women seek him out.

More often than not the braggers are not that successful and tend to embellish as in a single kiss becomes weekend romp.

A discreet male, I speak from experience. I have always abhored the married lotharios...their stupidity...word gets around about what they say..and do

Group of half-dozen ex-jocks troll my fitness center. We have mutual hatred as I quietly ignore their jibes.

Easy to do. While they are seeking their future conquests, I have repeatedly bedded all their wives. JT abandoned wife at party...she sought me out...while he was drooling over young blonde, she was riding me down home stretch in my pick-up. She told the other guys wives...one by one..sometimes two dropped by my place.

So much fun being the sauce for those geese!

The comment that I referred to irked me so I anonymously broke my rule.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@anon everyone brags

Yes men brag about conquests to a degree. However, I truly didn't get that he was bragging for the sake of bragging. He seemed to me to just telling it as it is for him. He was one of those men who held onto their ideals strongly to the point that his compass is so solidly fixed on true north that when it brakes it takes him with it and changes him on a fundamental level. He didn't hold a grudge against that girl in the tenth grade so much as he was hurt by the deceitful and disrespectful attitude and actions of that girl that it scarred him. If she was of the opinion that she could fool around on the side back then in a comited relationship then she probably still felt the same way still, to a different degree I'm sure, but deceitful nonetheless. He just didn't want to bring up bad memories again.

As for his screwing around now, well as I stated he was scarred in a way he never thought possible. Now he just doesn't care anymore! Would he sleep with a married or taken woman, I find that to be highly unlikely. It just doesn't jive with who or how he has been portrayed.

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesum story

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonalmost 6 years ago
What if...

At the end of the SI shoot, Alecta confronts Shayne about his activities, about which she's heard from other models. "At first, I couldn't believe the man I respected like a father, the one who never so much as made a pass at me, would do this. Several of these women have husbands or long-term boyfriends. What if their men love them just as much as you loved Stacy? Shayne, I won't be working with you any more. I can't bear to see you as you are now, remembering the good man you once were."

What does Shayne do then?

GA.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous