All Comments on 'Pilgrimage'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
delightful

a very nice story.

...but why are my lips feeling so sore now?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved the "headlights are pathetic"

A friend in the early 70's bought a 60's vintage Austin Healy for his sister. the headlights ( AND THE GROUND CLEARANCE ) is pathetic. Thanks for the reality. By the way, it is a nice story

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Cor Blimey!

dammittohellngone! I just can't keep up with you and all my other favorite authors posting a multitude of terrific stories.

Though not finishing any of my new stories must make the analmousies happy! Muahahahah, my evil plan to lull the goofs into complacency and then POW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Okay story if a little silly

How can he afford to marry any woman if he can't afford a decent car? How can he go from having proposed to one woman to proposing to her sister given the short period of time and the fact that he really doesn't know Gwen very well? And why would Donna need someone who speaks English? She was in England. The lst time I looked they mostly spoke English there. And I think all that kissing in the end would have made some jealous. We already know how jealous Bronwyn was. We have no idea about Greg's character. So while this was a little amusing, to much silliness made it less than a good read.

oggbashanoggbashanover 9 years agoAuthor
Sigh from Author

If anonymous had read the story properly before commenting, all those questions were answered. Car? Any young man in the UK in the mid 1960s owning a car, any car, had income and status. Donna and English? A couple of lines above I said the Youth Hostel was nearly full of a party of French schoolchildren. I could go on, but won't.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Nice little story

Harry did seem to change girls rather easily, but I suppose he had a hint of what was coming. And the old cars! Yes it was Ford who made cars with vacuum wipers and 6V lights that were like candles. Back then us apprentices all had cars from the early 50's, if we could afford one at all.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Enjoyable

Loved this story. Sometimes relationships are complicated, glad this one turned out all right. My first car was a 1958 Singer Gazelle 2-tone green-grey and 14 years old when I bought it for 50 quid. Couldn't get an air filter for it so used pairs of my Mum's old stockings/tights over the inlet pipe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another demonstation of skill

Ye gods, Ogg, you make it loo so easy, when it ain't.

Thank you [again] for a damned good story [and a lesson in writing].

One cannot expect the non-English to understand the joys of an old banger in the 1960s; my pal had a Frazer-Nash with big holes in the floor; no fun in winter. I had a motor-bike.

dutchraindutchrainover 9 years ago
A wonderful story

I enjoyed it very much.

Now I didn't have a car in the sixties (I was much, much too young to drive, although it seemed I thought I could, I have some pictures of three year old me climbing on and sitting on my dad's bike) but my parents' first car was a late fifties'' Volkswagen Beetle.

4yourpleasureiam4yourpleasureiamover 9 years ago
oggbashan, I thinky you misunderstand annon.

I think he liked your story and complicated you on making writing look easy when in reality it is not easy for everyone. And he understood the car thing also.

That said I would also like to say nice story and thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pure magic

I really admire the way you 'manipulate' your characters and tell a damned good story in what is, effectively, a few words.

This one has twists which would puzzle a rattlesnake, and it was a bloody good read.

Thanks, Ogg.

HP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Liked it

Even the headlights by 'Lucas lord of darkness'

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago

Kind of scary that Bronwyn would string Harry along if she really wanted James

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...