Pink Lemonade Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 10:00am, the press conference began. We could walk in the back way to the podium, but I instead walked into the door the press used and walked right through them, red crowbar in hand and very visible. They knew why I was doing that, too; I was just hoping for a physical confrontation.

As I mounted the dias, the reporters began shouting questions at me with no sense of control. I raised my hand until it got quiet, which Cindy later said took a full 30 seconds.

"First," I said, "while I know this is unnatural for Media reporters, you will act like civilized human beings and show manners and respect during this press conference." I could sense the Media's hatred at my blatant shot at them.

"Second, the Town & County Police Department arrested six media reporters from KSTD as well as a station from the City, for trespassing upon private property, particularly the homes of Sheriff Allgood and his wife, and the home of my wife and myself. Both our families have small children, and we consider this breach of our private property a serious threat to our children's lives and safety.

"The arrested criminals are now being booked, and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We are asking that they receive no bail while awaiting trial." I again felt the reporters' hatred as I spoke. "And let me be sure to make it clear that any further trespassing upon the private property of citizens by any media reporters will result in your arrest and prosecution. That includes attempting to enter Town Fitness Centers, which has been formally placed off limits by its owner, Captain Cindy Ross of the TCPD."

"You may be thinking the First Amendment protections of the Press allow you to go onto my property, agitate my rescue dog, and threaten my children's safety. But there is an old adage that 'your rights end where my nose begins.' Your press rights end at the property line of my home and the Sheriff's home, and our wives' homes and places of work. Violations of our property and our rights will not be tolerated, and I in particular am in a position to do something about your violations of the law."

"Third," I continued, quelling the murmurs that were starting up, "in regards to the case of the assassination of the Reverend Jonas Oldeeds at the Fairgrounds, I'll remind you that in order for the TCPD to make arrests, we have to have this thing called 'proof', which the D.A.'s office uses to convict the perpetrators. Without that evidence, we have no case. In the cases that my Teams on the Police Force have solved, we have either had the evidence to get arrest warrants, had the confessions of the perps, or, as in the case of the Black Widow, we caught the perps red-handed committing their crimes. The insinuation that we are not solving the Oldeeds murder simply because we don't want to is a false accusation bordering upon libel."

I raised my crowbar as I said "I will gladly accept proof of who the Oldeeds killer is, if someone will bring it to me. The rifle that killed Reverend Oldeeds would probably be the only acceptable proof to the D.A. and any Jury, so if you can bring me that, I'll be most very grateful to you. Otherwise, I would strongly recommend that you in the Media be very circumspect in your insinuations and accusations from this time forward.

"The Sheriff has banned any KSTD representation from any Public Service Department buildings, including the Police Department, and we shall obey those orders. I know you Media weasels support each other and will give KSTD footage and such stuff, but I really suggest you be careful about your actions regarding false accusations of me or my police officers. That concludes this press conference, and there will be no further comment from this Police Department on the Oldeeds case nor KSTD's maliciously false reporting. Have a nice day."

With that, I walked out of the room brandishing the red crowbar whose metal had once been used to exterminate a child-molesting false prophet of the Lord.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Good show." said Chief Griswold as he and I sat alone in my office after the press conference. "But they're really going to go after you, especially after putting their colleagues in jail."

"Let 'em." I said. "I noticed that they got a little scared when I said I was going to throw the book at the arrested perps. They're a bunch of bullies, but when one punches back, they show their true cowardice."

"Did you really get beaten up when you were a kid?" said Griswold, his mustaches twitching. "I just can't see that."

"Actually, it wasn't me." I replied. "Another kid really did have his parents tell him that, and the bullies hospitalized him. Then his parents told him to tell his teachers if the bullies threatened him again. He did, and he got called a 'narc' and a 'snitch' by everyone, and then the bullies caught up to him again and almost killed him. As it was, they broke bones in his body, and he never went back to that school for fear of his life. And that is why my parents had my sister and I learn martial arts to protect ourselves. I've always had a special hatred of any parent that tells his child to just ignore those picking on him or her. It doesn't work."

"So, does that resolve this?" Griswold asked, peering at me. I just looked back at him.

"Nope." I said. "Entities at pay grades far higher than mine are very worried about Priya's next special report. Priya has no idea of the danger she is in, and I don't know if I can protect or save her life if she goes forward with it..."

Part 14 - Fair Warning

Still Friday, August 14th. While I was dealing with the Press, Dr. Laura Fredricson entered the office of University President Dr. Sidney P. Wellman at 8:00am for a breakfast meeting.

"Good morning, Doctor." said Wellman. "How are you and your lovely family?"

"Very good, Doctor." replied Laura. "The children are growing like weeds. And yours?"

"Sally is doing well." Wellman said. "She's been spending some time with Lilly Wargrave after Henry's death, getting Lilly settled into her new home in the Heritage Cloisters subdivision. How are things in the Department of Psychology?"

Laura replied with a smile "We've gotten three new grants from the Federal Government for the Psychology Department, including Bonnie Karpathian's grant to study the Black Widow serial killings."

"Good, good." said Wellman. Money coming into his University was what he most liked to hear about at any time. "I heard about that incident in Coltrane County with the SBI agent. I'm glad your liking of pink lemonade did not cause you to come to harm."

"Not as glad as my husband is." Laura said. "But he says it was just the one cup that was poisoned, so no one else was in any danger."

"That's good." Wellman said as he indicated for Laura to sit down and handed her a cup and saucer, the cup full of coffee. As he sat down in the other chair with his cup and saucer, he said "What I really asked to meet you about was that hideous report by that rather over-aggressive reporter last night. That was bad enough for your husband, but it was her suggestion of the next show that has me worried... for you."

"Yes." Laura said, crossing her shapely legs, her elegant feet in high heel pumps inescapably drawing Dr. Wellman's attention. "The Company is sending a representative to talk to the KSTD leaders about the situation. They usually can prevail upon the Media's spirit of patriotism and cooperation to keep something like that of the air." Wellman did not know that she was mixing up her tenses on purpose.

After a discussion of other things, including Bonnie Karpathian's grant and research, Laura left to go back to her office. The Media was staking out the back entrance where she normally would park, and though the Campus Police were holding the Media at bay and harassing them as much as they could, Laura went around the next-door Pharmacy Building to the front entrance of the Psychology Building, avoiding detection by the Press until it was too late.

Normally she went into the side door of her office directly from the hall, but this time it was easier to go through her assistant's office. "Good morning, Gayle." she said to her assistant. "How are you doing this morning?"

Gayle looked up at her, and Laura instantly knew something was not right. Gayle's eyes glanced furtively at the door to the office as she said "You have a visitor. A 'Company' visitor." Laura said nothing, but nodded and opened the office door.

Inside, sitting in the chair in front of her desk, was Dr. Casey B. Walker. He peered at Laura through his glasses, the dome of his balding head shining. He did not bother to stand up at her entrance.

"Why Doctor, what a surprise!" Laura said, her voice showing her dislike of the surprise of finding the CIA Deputy Director for the National Clandestine Service, Counterintelligence, in her office without having warned her beforehand that he was coming to see her.

"Yes, Doctor," he said, giving it right back, "I'm sure it is, but unfortunately a problem of the highest degree has befallen us. KSTD has refused to kill the Priya Ajmani story of the various assassinations around the country performed on our behalf by 'the Huntress'. We deeply fear that 'the Huntress' will be exposed by the Ajmani stories."

"And you should fear it." Laura said. "If that comes out, and accurately, it's over for 'the Huntress', and for her sister, too." Of course Melina was 'the Huntress', and Laura was Melina's sister... and handler. "So what are you planning to do?"

"This one will require special attention, and the action of our very best agent." said Walker. He turned to the door behind Laura's desk, the one to the nursery room. The door opened and Laura gasped in total shock as the woman whose name could not be spoken, but Laura's husband had correctly surmised was 'Diana', emerged.

"Hello, my dear." said Diana. "I'm afraid that this one is really, really bad, and has required my personal attention." Laura knew exactly what this meant...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Wearing a civilian suit (with light armor sewn in) and a mock turtleneck, I strode up to the offices of State Senator Katherine Woodburn. I was admitted to a side office, a room furnished as a library/study, and asked to wait.

I had tried for hours to get ahold of Priya Ajmani, but she was essentially in hiding, at least from me. Though I didn't really know it, the CIA had been pretty effective with most news outlets in no longer pursuing this story, and along with my actually arresting intrusive reporters and a deep fear of me throughout the cowardly Media, most of them were peeling off and moving on, as the 'Drive By' Media that they really are.

Still, it took Chief Griswold, who understood the gravity of the situation, to get in contact with Katherine Woodburn through intermediaries, and finally arrange this meeting.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite redheaded police officer!" exclaimed Priya as she strode into the room. "So, you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes. And off the record." I said.

"I don't agree to that." Priya said.

"You should." I said. "I'm here to help you, Priya. And this can be for the record if you like: you have no idea what you have stepped into. I'm here to try to keep you from harm."

"Okay, off the record then." Priya said agreeably. "But reporters face danger all the time. You know what happened to Bettina Wurtzburg. I'm on guard as are all my colleagues. And that story last night got interest, but is already dying down. So why are you feeling so protective of me now?"

"Your story last night was nothing, Priya." I replied, looking hard at her. I was sitting down, and was still almost at eye level with her even with her wearing high heel pumps. In spite of the fact that I would not have minded if she were sitting in my lap, I focused on my duty and said "It's that next story you're saying you're going to do that crossed a line you do not want to cross."

"Scared of what might come out? And the exposure to your wife?" Priya said, her grin becoming wider.

"My wife has been trying to retire from the Agency for a long time." I said. "This actually might help her to do so, so she would actually be grateful. But if you go with this story about certain operations and expose a CIA agent, it won't go well for you. As you may know, President Reagan signed a law forbidding anyone, even the Media, from exposing a CIA agent publicly."

"Oh, Commander..." Priya said playfully, "you disappoint me. We're willing to challenge that law, as it violates our First Amendment Free Speech and Press Freedoms. And the Nation does have every right to know what the CIA is doing domestically... when they're not supposed to. I'm willing to risk it."

"I was afraid you'd say that." I said. "What you may not know is that I was asked to join the CIA three times, and refused all of those times because of operations of exactly those kinds. So I am no friend of the CIA, Miss Ajmani... but I am truly afraid that if you pursue this, something is going to happen to you. Something very bad, that I won't be able to stop."

"Your concern is touching." Priya said with a sarcastic smile. "I'll keep your warning in mind."

"Priya..." I said, "why are you doing this? What do you want?"

"Ah," said Priya, smiling brightly, her eyes sparkling again. She did have a beautiful smile, and I felt my loins warming even more as I looked at her lovely body. "Now you're finally beginning to talk business! What I want, Commander, is those Jack Burke tapes."

"But..." I replied, confused, "... but why? They're not even good porno tapes. You can find better stuff on the Internet, even on erotic literature sites. Why those tapes? Really, what good do they do you?"

"You'd be surprised." Priya said, matter-of-factly. "But it's not really your concern why."

"Priya, who is behind you on this?" I asked. "I'll be blunt: you are not smart enough to do this all by yourself. Who's behind you?"

"Why you son of a bitch!" yelled Priya. "How dare you say I'm not smart enough! You think you're so god-damned smart--"

"Priya! That's enough." called out a voice. It belonged to Katherine Woodburn. She entered the room from the back-side door that adjoined her office. I had to admit, she looked good in the tight, clingy blouse and skirt she was wearing. Her legs were shapely, and the high heels she wore accentuated them. Definitely fuckable.

"So, Commander," Katherine said, "If you want to protect your wife, the mother of... some of ... your children, then let's do some horse-trading and get something done. You're really a politician at heart, despite your protests to the contrary. I saw how you worked the Governor to get that SBI bill, so-"

"What, is it blackmail?" I asked. "Someone wants to blackmail someone on those tapes? What else could it be? And such small stuff, too..."

"No, it's not small." Katherine said. Priya was watching, and I could see this was way over her pretty little head.

"Senator," I said, "you have absolutely no idea what you are getting into. This is way above the likes of me or even you."

"And you have no idea what you are up against." said Katherine. I peered at her as she said "You've solved some great cases, and you're a formidable foe... but you simply have no idea..."

"Oh really?" I said. I stood up, then walked towards the door. Pausing, I looked back at Katherine and said "Tell him... the Game is afoot. Ladies..."

With a nod of my head, I left. I had tried to save Priya, I had done my duty as the Police Commander. She was now on her own, and may God have mercy on her soul! I thought to myself...

"He's a handsome man." said Priya after I was gone. "I'd love to fuck him and see if he's as good as his nephew."

"Yes, he must be good if he's keeping the hottest sex professor in the Nation as happy as she is." said Katherine, her own loins wet with desire. "But he is right, Priya... you be careful out there."

Katherine's mind was still reeling... he knew. The Iron Crowbar knew not only who the Shadow Man was, but that he was behind all this.

And the Commander showed no fear. None. Unbelievable.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I got to the Mountain Nest, I was surprised to find Cindy and Jenna there, keeping the kids. Bowser didn't seem too agitated, but he was happy to see me, for sure.

"Your mom called us." Cindy said as I petted Bowser. "She got a call and needed to go see a sick friend." Jenna nodded.

"I appreciate you guys coming over." I said. "You must be tired. You can go, or stay in the guest bedroom if you like."

"We'll stay." said Cindy. "I've got one of those vibes..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Leaving Katherine's offices at 10:30pm, Priya drove her BMW sedan down the roads towards her townhouse. Word was that the well-hung stud that she loved to fuck, Todd Burke, was looking at buying a townhouse in the same complex. It'd be great to get a lot of cock from him, and keep tabs on the CEO of BOW Enterprises.

She began to realize as she drove that she'd seen several old women sitting on benches. Some near the entrance to Katherine's subdivision, some at the small park at the intersection of this neighborhood. Wasn't it very late for them to be out? she thought-

"Oh my God!" she gasped as she hit the brakes. She was coming up to a van that looked like it had crashed. It was a KSTD News van!

She got out and ran up to the two men attending what looked like someone who was hurt. "What happened? Who's hurt? Can I help?"

The men suddenly turned on her, and she saw they were wearing face masks! They grabbed her, and her scream was cut short by a handkerchief soaked in chloroform was pressed onto her nose and mouth. That was so 'old school', but it was followed by an inoculation gun injecting a sedative into her neck.

Her struggles ceased as she passed out. A velvet bag was thrown over her head, enshrouding her head in complete darkness. The men quickly threw her into the back of the van. Her cellphone in her pocket was thrown onto the street, and she was checked to make sure she was wearing no RFID nor transmitter devices. Satisfied, the men closed the doors, and the van pulled out.

Part 14 - Company Actions

11:16pm, Friday, August 14th. Not exactly my way of spending a Friday night.

Someone had found an abandoned BMW with the motor running and called 9-1-1. Within minutes, Sergeant Irwin and Sr. Patrolman Hicks were at the scene, sent by the 3d Precinct Duty Desk. Being very intelligent officers, they'd called Lt. 'Coldiron' Masters, who'd immediately called Cindy and myself.

"You and your vibes." I said to Cindy as we sped to the scene in my Police SUV.

"There can be no doubt." Cindy replied.

At the scene, I got the report from Sergeant Irwin: "Commander, the plates on this vehicle are registered to a 'Priya Ajmani'. We called KSTD, and they said she wasn't there. Their efforts to find her have been as fruitless as ours."

"Then try harder!" yelled an enraged woman's voice from behind me. It was State Senator Katherine Woodburn, having been driven by her assistant Clark. "Commander, what the hell is going on here?!?!"

"My worst fears, Senator." I said simply. "Irwin, you were saying?" Irwin paused, and I said "You can talk in front of our State Senator."

"Yes sir." said Irwin, reassured. "Ms. Ajmani's purse was found in the car, and the contents do not appear to be touched. We bagged it for prints anyway." He handed me the bagged purse.

With latex gloves on, I opened the evidence bag and examined the purse and its contents as Irwin continued: "The keys were left in the car, and the car was running. We shut the car off for safety reasons when we arrived. There's no blood anywhere, no signs of a struggle except that her cellphone was found on the ground about 20 feet in front of her car, where we marked with chalk there. We bagged it for prints, too, but the UV light showed none but hers."