All Comments on 'Pizza Boy at the Door Ch. 18'

by JKendallDane

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Casey 1988

Hopefully Josh's mom will come around. I hope it is just the initial shock.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Never saw that one coming

Quite a twist because I really expected his mom to be the supportive one. But at least everyone knows now and certainly her attitude will change at some point.

I also want to say I am most impressed at how you occasionally work Kyle & Josh's spirituality into this story. It's unusual for stories here and quite refreshing.

killer12killer12about 10 years ago
WOW

I agree with Anonymous below. That was a big surprise. Normally you always read that is the the Farther that blows up that his son is gay. I can not wait for the next chapter come out. Loving this story very much.

baikalisanbaikalisanabout 10 years ago
I actually love these two guys!

They are great people and even better characters. I'd love to have them as friends.

I hope the mother accepts them, but if not I hope the grandparents and father visit and keep them in their lives

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
WOW!

Like the others who commented, I was shocked at how this chapter went. I cried a little, understanding Josh's pain.

As someone else also stated, it is refreshing to see some spirituality being part of the story. Religion can be oppressive, but spirituality can be just what a person needs to make it through rough times. I know... I've been there.

I am, of course, hoping for a happy ending in all aspects. Keep this story going, babe. It is awesome and you ROCK!

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessabout 10 years ago
Oh the poor boy...

In all honesty bigots come in all sizes, sexes and creeds.

A lot of stories do have the father as the one with the problem just as often in real life it's the mum though, after all it tends to be the mother who wants their son married to a nice girl and start popping out grab kids. Often when a child comes out as gay, the parent, experiences a deep loss of the things they have dreamed those child will have, such as the big white wedding, children etcetera. As for those not fully informed don't immediately think of a blessing instead of a wedding, or adoption as an option for a gay couple.

I think with his dad and grandparents being okay with his orientation and his choice of boyfriend that his mum will come around. It just takes time as its all most as big an adjustment and idea to get your head around as parent especially if there wasnt any signs the child was gay growing up as it is for the person who is gay to come to terms with initially.

judojonjudojonabout 10 years ago
poor josh

can't believe that his mom what such a witch . What you are showing in your story about their love she has to se it and know her son is very happy and loved

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow

I just marathoned your story over the past two days and not only is it a great modern story, it has also helped me understand a lot of things happening in my life right now. I do hope you keep these coming because they are great! Definitely the best I've found on this site.

judojonjudojonabout 10 years ago
more please

please keep going so like this story

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 9 years ago
Unexpected turn

I read much of this several years ago and didn't remember anything like the reaction of Josh's mom. What a bitch! But I have a good friend whose mother acted the same way when he got a divorce. She was judgmental and domineering and as far as I know he never spoke to her again. And this was not a gay situation. I think you are a great writer and your story seems very real. I look forward to the next three chapters and hope for more. Won't look ahead though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJKendallDane@JKendallDane
Just a regular guy that's gay and enjoys writing as a serious hobby. My stories will almost always be same-sex-oriented and tend to run more towards the romance and/or the first-time genres with the occasional foray into the drama or mystery areas. I do occasionally pop off a ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES