All Comments on 'Play It Again Sam'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
BriteaseBriteasealmost 10 years ago
Nice one - 5 *

Good one to start off the day with.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Excellent

Damn I could have used that guy once upon a time. Oh well.

Great tale

Five Stars

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 10 years ago
Well done

I'm sure all of us have a day that we'd like to do over.

Nice story. thank you

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow. Perfection in one page.

And it makes one think: Is there a day in my life that I could have made such a difference?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The best Flash i have read

Gosh I loved this.

dmhackdmhackalmost 10 years ago
Wow... two great stories in one week

I'm getting a little flushed.

Fiver

magmamanmagmamanalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

As short stories go, this one says a LOT!

Thank you,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
good tale

I liked the do over ideal. wish it could be done in real life.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 10 years ago
Sweet!

Play another one Sam.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Delightful Tale

Thanks! The nony mouse brings up a question. Should you fight for your love?

Pre-emptive strikes are valid? To what degree? Could you come out of the shadows the night before and kill the s.o.b. ? Or is all about, I proved my love by marrying her, now she has to prove that she loves me. This furnishes motivation and variation for many tales. All of them being good or bad, depending on how the author writes.

YathinkYathinkalmost 10 years ago
Well, Bruce22, I think the answer is you help....

In some ways, men have it easier: men just have to not initiate anything.

But women have to RESIST it.

All the while being chased by the cursed demon in the mirror.

So if you really love her, she (and your relationship) deserves your help - once in a blue moon (not weekly or monthly, etc.) Because after the fact, it can be impossible to put humpty-dumpty back together again. And that's part of your role, isn't it: as the stronger one, to protect her?

And besides, who knows men's BS that she might not see coming better than another man (ie, you.)

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Now that was good!

If we could have a day back. There are a few I'd like to redo.

One negative though; not about the story but about a comment. Some anon said Sam was acting like a jailer. Ridiculously wrong. Sam was a cheer leader! His presence gave her confidence, and pushed aside any thought of him being jealous.

I gave this a five. Great little tale. In fact DeYaKen should use this as a spring board for a much longer story. All the components are there; I'd love reading it.

Thanks for the breath of fresh air.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

good one 5 stars

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
I also liked this story.

Is there a "spurs" team in the UK? I found the beginning to be a bit confusing. I couldn't determine who the players were. After I got past that, the story was very well-done and a real delight. I know the day I'd pick for my "do over." I'd go back to the day I confronted my former wife about her cheating. My new approach = handle the divorce much more expeditiously.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Before I Could

read the story. I have to ask ??

Is this story similar to the one where the evil wife gets knocked-up by another man.

Doesn't have children fathered by her husband. Lies for years as the husband raises

another man's offspring. And at the end of the day the husband is happy for it.

I mean that's pretty pathetic and your introduction hints that way.

Is it similar because I don't enjoy reading an emotionally moving story and then, at the end I find out the protagonist is a moron, idiot, etc...

Nope, didn't like it. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Okay, maybe I'll read this sometime

AMerryMan

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 10 years ago

Nice story.

The wife was a bit arrogant but was being subtlety prodded by Phil. When you have a snake whispering in your ear, it's hard to ignore. All seems lost when Sam performs a brilliant bit of Jiu-Jitsu and supports his wife while also guarding her from the snake. It completely disarms Phil's arguments.

It's nice that Angie recognizes her weakness/failure and appreciates Sam even more. Maybe next time she will TRUST HER HUSBAND FIRST, not someone she works with or a girl friend or a relative.

It's also nice that Phil got fired. I was wondering why she just quit without telling the company that Phil was a sleaze ball.

I'm not sure the mystical repeat was needed for the story except perhaps for the title. Sam could have figured it out the first time around and it would have been just as effective. However, having decided to use this mystical theme, it is incomplete. Why did the stranger approach Sam? Why did he get another chance? Etc.

Enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Tim413413

There is football (soccer) team in england called Tottenham spurs.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years ago
***

I normally don't like flash stories, nor do I like stories on an erotic site that aren't erotic. But I enjoyed this one. Thanks for writing it.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Good story...

Good story...There are some movies about this theme of returning in time...

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
To Yathink

That is good justification for those that take action. The world has changed a bit since I was young and nowadays the men have to resist too.... There are some cultures that seem to believe that if you leave a man and a woman alone for a couple of hours they will do it! I have even heard the expression "No man can resist a woman"!

robindavisfictionrobindavisfictionalmost 10 years ago
Good story

Quite enjoyable. Thanks for posting it. Five stars.

You could start a whole series about the old man. Some second chances might work out well, like this story, and others might not. It could be interesting. . .

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
a whole series about the old man

Yes, please.

That offers great potential, stories where a small change (or a few) makes whole lives different.

MagicidanMagicidanalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

Thank you for a very enjoyable story...too bad I can't give you more than five stars!

h4751h4751almost 10 years ago
If only

Wouldn't it be great to get a second chance like that for real?

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Very clever

Not only preventing the deed but also excelling with the revenge on the would be perpetrator.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
If Only is Right!

Unfortunately, there are no second chances. Sure some people try to work it out, but it is never the same. Betrayal is betrayal no matter how you look at it. That is why it is important to do the right thing ALL the time. Forgiveness is a nice idea, but that is for accidents not willful, selfish, choices. A persons actions more than their words define their character. After you find out the person you are supposed to trust the most in the whole world has betrayed you, why would you want to have anything to do with them ever again? It is not rational. So, alternate timelines are nice but who she is has not changed. She was going along with an inappropriate relationship with another man and was only just shy of sex with him. She had already crossed the line, she just hadn't gotten both feet over it yet.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 10 years ago

So let me see if I understand this...

If a woman is intentionally taken advantage of while drunk by a man who is obviously intent on preying on her, it is her fault and she should be dumped.

And the solution isn't for him to learn forgiveness, it's for him to decide she can't go off by herself, because again it's her fault she was taken advantage of.

Yep, he's a real keeper.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
fault

Women know that men will seduce them, they learn this about Jr. High school.

She knew that he was saying negative things about her husband and was flirting with her. This is a standard seduction method.

Women are affected by alcohol about twice as much as men.

Alcohol is a standard seduction tool, women know this.

A woman gets drunk with a man when her husband is not there, she has sex with him then yes it is her fault.

She knew there was alcohol she was drinking, this is not a date rape drug in a water, juice or soda.

This is called taking responsibility for your actions.

Being drunk is held to be no excuse for DUI.

It is no excuse for being seduced.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago

Thanks for the effort.

elHosedelHosedalmost 10 years ago
@TwoCrows

FINALLY! Someone else who looks at this logically. If one can go to prison the same amount of time for crimes committed while drunk versus sober, one can take equal responsibility for cheating while drunk versus sober.

The story was an alright read. Not sure I could ever really trust the wife again, but people do grow with experience so perhaps she's no longer the same person as the one who originally cheated...

lesliejoneslesliejonesalmost 10 years ago
Well done

You had what was for me an original idea about shaping this story and I think it worked rather well. There wasn't a lot of buildup but I don't think you needed it. I enjoyed this story even if it wasn't erotic. Congrats.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
comments

I disagree with the comments that say he should hold what she did in the first timeline against her in the second timeline where she didn't cheat.

She learned:

1) She has a much better husband than she had thought, who cares for, protects and supports her.

2) She is not so naive about men trying to seduce her as she was.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
If Only

we actually got a do over for the mistakes in our lives.

No need to remind us it is fantasy, we know, but it would be nice.

lonesomeone2014lonesomeone2014almost 10 years ago
Only one issue

This sentence is confusing

It turned out that he'd got a whole seduction scene arranged, dinner at Browns, then a club and back to our adjoining rooms for god's sake.

he'd is either 'he had', or 'he would'

If you insert either term into the sentence, you would have:

It turned out that 'he had' got a whole seduction scene arranged, dinner at Browns, then a club and back to our adjoining rooms for god's sake.

OR

It turned out that 'he would' got a whole seduction scene arranged, dinner at Browns, then a club and back to our adjoining rooms for god's sake.

Because things like this are like a slap in the face to me, it takes you from a five star to a four star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
That Guy

That guy who gave you four stars instead of five? Well, I gave you the full five to counterbalance that. I liked the story. I mean, that guy was right. That particular sentence structure wasn't quite right. Got should've been gotten. I just thought he was a pompous ass for dinging you a whole star for that one small mistake when there are others here in Literotica who are far, far worse.

Anyway, great story line. Thanks very much for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
...and being so OCD as to ding you

A whole star for one sentence, is why "lonesome2014" is named what he is. 'Nuff said. 5*

jimh67jimh67over 9 years ago

She only learned her lesson because the author had her discover what Phil had planned. If it hadn't been for that she would have screwed the next slick guy that came along and nothing would have changed.

BTTapBTTapover 9 years ago
Does the old saying apply....

that 'once a cheater always a cheater,' even in an alternative timeline? Creative, effective. 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awesome

Love your writing, thanks for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good on

another great one from you. please continue to write

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ARE DO OVERS FOR REAL

or just Super Wishful Thinking. TK U MLJ LV NV

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 9 years ago
GOOD STORY

I like how commenters ascribe behaviours to characters in stories that mirror their own experiences.

Just because she was almost fooled once, doesn't mean it would happen next time. And contrary to what these stories tell us, there really aren't not that many people out there with the attitudes and the wherewithal to seduce hapless young ladies.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Sam's market insight

He's been living the past two years over again. Can he strike it rich enough to retire before he runs out of all that advance knowledge?

Vito1960Vito1960about 8 years ago
Funny story

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
RE: frontlinecaster 7/31/14

"So let me see if I understand this...

If a woman is intentionally taken advantage of while drunk by a man who is obviously intent on preying on her, it is her fault and she should be dumped.

And the solution isn't for him to learn forgiveness, it's for him to decide she can't go off by herself, because again it's her fault she was taken advantage of.

Yep, he's a real keeper." (frontlinecaster on 7/31/14)

There are several problems with this line of thought and I will try to address them without making any story changing assumptions:

1. Drinking or recreational drug use is not an acceptable excuse or reason for anything ever. It is always done by choice and it is the drinkers responsibility control how much they have to drink at all times and in all situations. Ex. I know I can have more if my wife is driving. I also know not to get lit at a work event. I really know that I don't become intoxicated when females are around and my wife is not. So she should of been aware of how much she drank that night.

If I drink and drive and kill someone I don't get a second chance so why would she get one when she drank and spread her legs?

The only possible excuses that I could understand is if she had been slipped drugs or forced to drink and was then raped. Or if she was passed out drunk or nearly there and he raped her. But that is not what the story implies.

2. She was wrong with the light flirting in the office even more so when the digs on her husband started happening. But this is still minor.

3, An out of town conference with only 2 people going is questionable but plausible. However her suspicions should of been raised with the connecting rooms.

4. I can buy the dinner out to celebrate a success even to an upscale place not saying that I would be happy about it as the husband or wife at home but that's not the point.

5. In no situation ever would the club have been acceptable or appropriate for a work event even if they were both single and with them both being married to others is was ten kinds of wrong.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Nice fantasy

A storyline that I think we all wish we could have. Nice to see the husband taking a proactive approach to handling a problem.

Thank you for writing. 5 stars.

tompo296tompo296about 7 years ago
Excellent

Oh ! to be able to do this !!! what a fabulous idea. Well Done DYK another stonking good tale.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Exellent

I don't know how I missed this, this is perfect! I don't think that he is in any way her "jailer," nor do I think this relates to "fighting" for the marriage.

IMHO, "fighting for the marriage" involves a husband stopping his wife from an act of adultery that she was otherwise inclined to commit. Here, he changed the whole scene such that she wasn't even put into the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Absolutely perfect

It's refreshing to see a "loving husband" acting like every other husband should. It's said that the presence of a domestic cat keeps the rats away. The presence of a loving husband chase the womanizers away.

fisheronefisheroneabout 6 years ago
Importance

Sometimes we get blinded from ambition that it can destroy our relationship. The second mistake is thinking we dont need spouse around for the big celebration with alcohol involved. Then things happen that can't be undone and eventually are found out after lots of pain. I thought it was so cool that the husband used wish to try to repair there marriage.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
A pretty awesome Flash.

Just enough info (assuming you’re a regular reader of the LW section of Literotica) to get the set up, with enough “new” to be original. And, of course, the typical good writing mechanics.

Yes. Awesome. And bravo.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
What a great story, and...

you did it all in 1 page. Fantastic!

moblanemoblanealmost 4 years ago
Like a cool beer on a hot day

I loved this story5***** Thank You

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

@Nitpic, it's a flash story, skeletons are fine as well as they're well constructed, as this on is.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
COULD THE HUBBY HAVE A DEEP-ROOTED JEALOUSLY ABOUT WAGES

or was he a concerned hubby who actually kept his wife on a pedestal. TK U MLJ LV NV

FamilyGuy1963FamilyGuy1963almost 3 years ago

Short, sharp and very satisfying.4****

Just_GymJust_Gymalmost 2 years ago

I love this story!

The husband should totally have taken the wife back. Yes, she cheated, but it was a one time thing, she didn't lie to him, she was the victim of a predator, and she never disrespected him. This is not a criticism of the author. The author wrote about a flawed person. This is my shocked face.

When he got a chance for a do-over, some commenters suggested he was a 'jailer'. Not!

He started out trying to have his wife avoid an action that he knew she regretted. And DeYaKen's writing makes clear that he soon changed to being an honest cheerleader for his wife.

Kudus for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A nice fairy tale, but real life is reality.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Reading this author's note - hahaha .... he writes cuck shit with weak wimpycuvk husbands and skank bitch wives then talks about burning them when he writes wimpy male characters

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Creative tale. If only real life were like that. And to the previous commenter who has "cuck" on the brain. Huh? In this story Sam did not forgive her a one night drunken fling after celebrating the presentation despite her co fussing and being remorseful as hell and quitting her job. He simply couldn't. How does that make him a cuck? Instead he took action to alter that day so the events unfolded differently. Yeesh.

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

It would be just wonderful if hind sight was 100% and do-overs were possible!!!

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld3 months ago

I think everyone missed that Sam got his second chance after that old man touched his shoulder. Even though he was told he could relive it but not change it, it changes. The wife leaves to discover she left the tickets. She nails the proposal but does not get the promotion, and slaps her boss and quits. This scenario would not make the MC into what we were introduced to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I like your writing. I don't always like every story but that's down to my taste not your ability. To anonymous 6 months ago, I agree entirely. To the commenter 7 months ago, I'm not sure your carer should allow you to read stories for adults until you have the appropriate mental age.

Crater7527

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

How prescient. (A do over? Really?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...