All Comments on 'Play it Again Sam Pt. 05'

by kublicon

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ever deeper into the ridiculous

I give up. I won't be reading any more of this. All the hype and anticipation for this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Alrighty then

Nuclear bomb. Well, I guess that's a new one for loving wives. Army Rangers, Navy SEALS, super spies, where else was there to go but nuclear bombs? Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Gee whiz, fellas!

Somebody starch your underwear? Lighten up. You're on a site where the hookers have hearts of gold and the heroes all have a 10 inch pecker. If you're really upset, demand your money back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I like it. In all of its ridiculousness the characters sit on foundations built on the authentic human emotive spectrum, unlike the cuck stories here.

jezzazjezzazabout 7 years ago
Bam!

Right on the money with my prediction, although I didn't foresee bringing the wife into this - that was a nice touch.

Love this. Ready for part six. Tomorrow? Or better yet, two days ago? You are in a time loop, after all.

green117green117about 7 years ago
let's see...

Nuclear bomb... well, since you have to put it in, okay...

Partial redemption of the loving wife - an improvement, at least for me...

Straight up action, without angst or emotion... I suppose, but waiting for the next chapter to see what you do with the end game.

We shall see - at least the couple don't have children... think about the mess having them in the picture would create.

Looking forward to chapter 6.

Green-something

(humm... ex-to-be seems resigned to the divorce. The Sung clan is only special for linguistic and martial/military skills. Although a hand seems evident in an extratemporal way. I do think that the emotional fallout from everything must be dealt with on Saturday and later.... the down side of a "temporal loop" is while the reveal can be complex and complete, the consequences are put off for quite some time.)

SystemShockSystemShockabout 7 years ago
Nope.

The novelty is starting to wear off and I smell RAAC, so like lot of movies this is all falling apart in the final act. For me at least.

You're doing something that StangStar used to do, where the cheating wife, who's hardly been shown as a worthwhile human being, suddenly redeems herself by literally taking a bullet for hubby. Bull. Shit. This woman's love for herself has outweighed her love for her husband from the beginning; that changing in a matter of hours is almost as fantastical as the time loop itself. Shit, that was the entire point of Groundhog Day; it took the main character a long ass time to change his ways. Nobody changes that much, that fast.

That is the embodiment of Reconciliation At All Costs. At the cost of logic, reason, common sense, continuity; everything. If you're aiming to get these two characters back together, you need to come with something better than this lazy cop-out bullshit.

But if you're NOT going for reconciliation and this is just you trolling with the setup for it, then well played, sir. I guess we'll see in the finale.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Devolved From Lyrical Account of Human Foibles, Diligence and Self Actualization to Call of Duty Blog

Don't want to overly castigate the rookie author . I mentioned young Kelsey Grammar should play the narrator in earlier installment . Now the role seems to best suit a junior Steven Seagal . Sigh. Action, horror and gore flicks aren't my cup of tea. Grew up in country and butchered cows, pigs etcetera etcetera .

Gore in butchering process is messy and part of process of filling up farm family freezer. But you don't savor it . Get the job done and then clean briskly up. The story swapped from urbane, quick BeBop, Charlie Parker aura to Marilyn Manson with spiraling body count. To me , the narrator shouldn't have looped the villain slaughter literally ad nauseum .

Massive credit is accorded for prior installments . As for this continuation ? I wish kublicon could go back in time, just like his narrator, charter a plane and , fly over active volcano and drop the thumb drive containing sole saved copy of part 5 into its lava spewing crater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Aaarrgg!

What is this? This belongs in some cheap romance novel!

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
No, just no

Now we have some "Edge of Tomorrow" clone that has lost what little interest I had in the whole process. Chapter one was a bad beginning, two, three and four had me curious, this one was a total meltdown. I'll give this a three, not because it deserve it, but because you're a new writer and for the rest of the story.

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

Please hurry with pt. 6 Great escape story . screw all the negative commenters.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
Jumped a whole school of sharks...

And now it's looking for orcas to harass...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Hmmm...

Well that was interesting. The most Bill Murray did in the movie was save a kid from falling out of a tree and perform the Heimlich on a dinner patron. Our hero here had to save the city. Now what about the cheating wife?

I don't know if I want to find out.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Welll

We started as a revenge fantasy and we continued to a action movie fantasy.

HOWEVER, I am not dinging this or dismissing it in any way! To get to this point, the author has clearly outlined the steps to getting here.

Chapter One: Establish a time loop

Chapter Two: Explore the time loop

Chapter Three: Explore the marital mess, keeping the focus on the prime problem, the PERSONAL problem: that of his marriage.

Chapter Four: Exploration and personal development. Let us meet the Pudding King and bow in obeisance!

Chapter Five: The Great Escape with further reference to the Prime Personal Problem. Nattering Nabobs of Negativity seem to have missed he spent HUNDREDS OF ATTEMPTS to get this caper 'just right'. That is...I won't say credible. I WILL say it is within my Willful Suspension of Disbelief (Granted...that area grows the more I am enjoying the story)

And Chapter Six: The Epilogue. We get the coda on the time loop, his sudden wealth, his personal development, and the PRIME PERSONAL PROBLEM (paging Richard Gerald...this is how you do this!)

Ripping tale and I am enjoying it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I enjoyed it very much! *****

Some may think it a little tedious, but I think you were trying to make what he does believable. We could accept that he learned languages and martial arts over the four years, but saving NYC from terrorists with a nuclear bomb might have been more of a stretch. In this chapter, I felt more as if I lived his daily travails with him. He will truly be worthy of being found the hero in the next chapter.

What I didn't expect was for the wife to be redeemed in any way. You keep surprising us!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
Personally, I can't understand how

anyone would not love this story. The super hero stuff is made somewhat plausible by having 4 years to learn it, not that it matters. The plot is driving this story. I have to chuckle at certain readers' comments. They praise some horrible crap written by some clown, but totally dismiss an actual effort to write a real story. Why do people love seeing the cheating wife sold to a Mexican whore house in so many stories, but hate the idea of the husband forgiving her after she risks her life to save millions of people? This story is giving us the best reason to forgive a cheating wife I have ever read. This story is different, well written, and interesting as hell. I have no complaints. Thanks for the hard work and the generosity of sharing it with us.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Excellent

Some of the best writing and storytelling that I have read on the site! Not much to do with adultery or loving/unloving wives. One point that I am not happy with is the usual cheating whore that actually lives her husband bullshit. Do you know what love is? It is the act of thinking about what is best for another, speaking about what is best for another and acting in what is best for another. That is love for another! Cheating wives/husbands only love themselves and what is best for themselves. This point kind of fucked up your plot. Only strong writing kept me reading.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Where's Errol Flynn ?

Shouldn't he be swinging from a yardarm about now !?!?

Well , on the last chapter , I thought you had a hybrid of Groundhog Day / Lost , but now you've thrown in a dash of DieHard along with a sprinkle of Mission Impossible , plus some other action film spices !

OK , I'm still digging it , hey I love Techno Thrillers , what can I say .

However , I had to go back to Chpt. 1 to remember exactly how his wife had betrayed him . That seems to have been lost in the ' Loop ' of the storyline . I'm hoping that you'll get things tied up in a less confusing next chapter .

Here's hoping you post it shortly !

RePhilRePhilabout 7 years ago
The unpredictable

Liked the scenery. Sometimes you have ignore the ride your in and enjoy the scenery. This was just such a story. Thanks for the share

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Category, schmategory

Totally Fantasy, totally fun. I love the story. And, according to the reality of the story, the plot is completely plausible. Having written off Julie as a total piece of shit through the first four chapters, I like how you have now made her sympathetic and given her a small measure of redemption. Flawed characters are so much more interesting and relatable. I can't wait for the rest of the story. As always, thank you for sharing your gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sick B,T,B again

Didnt read the story, didnt have to,,,Again a woman hater who has to be the big bully and get the woman destroyed..Anything new???

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Another 5* Chapter!

You've taken us on quite a fun ride here, thanks so much! Looking forward to the denouement chapter and many more stories from your fertile imagination in the future!

Rock on!

thwyathwyaabout 7 years ago
Don't you miss the days when

A cheating wife story was JUST a cheating wife story?

I like it and I can't wait to read the final installment but somewhere along the way a shadow fell across a shark for just a moment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
RAD!

This was RAD! Nuff said! Can't wait for the next chapter...

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

Man what a great story so far.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 7 years ago
Come on now, haters!

I know you love to hate bad stories, but your ire is misplaced here.

What we have here is a writer who is staying true to the world he has crafted.

Is his storyline over the top? well duh, yeah. Most stories are in one manner or another. This one has elevated that taking-it-over-the-top stuff to the level of an intelligent parody of the art of taking an LW story way over the top...only this author is doing so with some STYLE and a decent degree of actual panache.

I must confess that I now DO know the only possible way this story can truly end, as a writer. That alarm clock simply MUST die - humorously. Only then can this story truly end appropriately. (Frankly, at this point *I* want to be the one to smash it to pieces myself...the small speaker and radio defiantly singing out while slowly dying as the current drains from the unpowered capacitors..."don't hurt m...")

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This is great story!

I hope you don't let the negative comments influence your story too much. I'm grateful I got to read this at all, let alone for free. I truly believe some readers forget this out of entitlement.

Anyway, great story, excellent plot, compelling pacing, and personally I like your main character and the way you express his thoughts.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 04/10/17 Re: "Sick B,T,B again"

Where do see a woman getting destroyed? He actually seems to be softened towards her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
entertaining, but ...

I enjoyed the read. But I also took it for it was: more of an intrigue/thriller than it was a "loving wives" story.

The main problem is one of balance .. or lack thereof. Presumably, the whole point of the story was the wife's betrayal and how this issue is resolved. At least, that would be the expectation of readers on this site, and with justification. However, the intricacy of the descriptions within the time loop, first as a way to exact some sort of revenge, and then the extended description of how the loop was escaped have taken over. One get s the impression the author became enamored of the logic of the time loop, and forgot about the point of the story. That's where the problem of balance comes in.

Add to this the expectations of the readers, and particularly the BTB crowd, then the author is going to have problems holding the audience.

It might have been better to write the entire story first, then re-read it to get a better sense of the balance issue.

I liked this chapter. It was entertaining and internally consistent. But it was almost like reading an entirely different story.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

love stories like this, keep it going. have to see how they make out in this.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Reconciliation?

I'm troubled by his softening towards her.

I just looked back in Ch 3, when he checked her diaries and saw that she had been almost continually cheating on him, no longer felt any guilt and most of their friends an family know about it!

Her assistance in stopping the nuke may preclude hard-ass BTB, but divorce with extreme prejudice, along with dumping of many friends and family HAS to happen!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
YES!!!

Well written story, just fantastic!! Hope that you have an epilogue to tie it all up.

foolscapfoolscapabout 7 years ago
Play it Sam

Play, As Time Goes By

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good post

I have to admit I rated you harshly on your 1st posting. When you killed the hero off with his neighbors weapon I thought you were just another twit femdom fag writer. I sincerely apologize and hope this # 5 makes up for my mistake in judgement. Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Agree with sbrooks

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
The problem with the wife in this story,

for many readers, is that she isn't just the usual brain dead bitch that needs to be destroyed. It is upsetting for those that live in the black and white world of loving wives. The guy has seen his wife at her worst. He's read her diary, which was pretty damning. He's essentially lived without her for years. He's had time to come to grips with the betrayal. Readers will accept a reconciliation that takes years, and this story is taking years, in our hero's world. Now he has also seen that she will give her life for him. She has shit all over for him, yet she appears to truly love him. It's more complicated than the usual fare where the wife screws a basketball team while claiming she loves hubby. This woman proves it. Many say if she loved him, she wouldn't sleep with other men. That is a good argument. The problem is that he sees how she loves him, and he even read it in the diary. This story can go either way and I'll be fine with it as I am on the fence about reconciliation. Still, our hero has been laid by more partners than she has had, all on the one Friday. The levels of revenge and forgiveness are many and it makes this story one of the best I have ever seen here. This is a very good story and you can tell your friends that "fagdayandnight" really likes it, but then I even chuckle at the idiot that insults me like no one has since second grade!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fully agree

Chapter 3 shows the level of deceit Julie is capable of. She is a pos. It is true the husband is always last too know, I mean her boss knew, her mother knew she is a cheating slut. If the author reconciles them after what happened in 3, watch the score drop to below 3, which would be a shame.

I get he has had four years to process, but what Julie did was heinous. I only hope his softening is temporary.

I sure hope the writer does not go this route.

Aside from that, a well written play in Groundhog Day.

DON'T F IT UP.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 7 years ago
5 stars

It's exciting. Yes, implausible too, but the plot holes aren't gigantic. Hollywood makes action movies all the time with plots that are complete nonsense, so this story stands up well in comparison.

Only drawback is the lack of erotic scenes. Maybe there is wild humping in the next chapter?

josephpauljosephpaulabout 7 years ago

yay he made it. but please don't reconcile with the bitch, hes been through enough of her bullshit, 4 years worth.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
FD45 gave us a great summary.

Talk about twists and turns. Wow. HDK gave us a great synopsis of the relationship status, which was of course where it all started. This is one of the most creative and clever stories on the site. Can't wait for the epilogue; five stars seem too few.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
Wow

That was awesome. Can't wait for the wrap up. Thanks for one of the best stories I've seen on this site!

jim000mjim000mabout 7 years ago
Truly excellent story

I, along with many others judging by the comments, am really enjoying this story. Hopefully the final chapter will be along shortly, but please don't drop the quality to deliver it early.

As this is a free site I only ever vote 4 or 5 stars for stories I really enjoyed, and don't vote for those I didn't. I do this as who am I to be rude to someone that has given their time freely to write a story for other people's entertainment just because it was not a story for me?

For me this story is an easy 5*

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 7 years ago
outstanding

Ok... I'm just going to stop writing.

patilliepatillieabout 7 years ago
My man Kublicon!

You are one bad literary mofo. Didnt think you could keep doing this, but damn! 5*

Literally edge of my seat, goosebumps, palm sweat as I read this. I am done betting against you in my mind, cant wait for the fantastic finish.

looking4itlooking4itabout 7 years ago

Interesting movie plot story. This guy has the patience of job, perhaps learning he can't even die to get out of the loop helps the monotony of four years doing basically the same thing over and over. Especially convincing people he is in the loop and that he needs their help. As I said this is a movie or thriller plot which isn't bad but definitely different than I had expected. Kudos. I assume that the fallout from survival will ensue with chapter 6. Don't hold off too long.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Harddaysknight

I have no problems with shades of grey. I wrote a story myself where there was reconciliation, even with the wife going on a trip with the intention of cheating (though hubby scared her out of it), but this wasn't a one-time slip, not even a single affair.

This was multiple affairs since before they were even married, with friends and family knowing!

No amount of "love" on the wife's part can make that forgivable. As I said, she has earned her way out of BTB territory, but this marriage is OVUH!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Mainefiddleheads

You'd better be kidding!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
reconcilliation

would ruin this story. i don't care what was written in her diary, actions speak louder than words. so she'd risk her life for him, big deal! people do that every day for people they don't even know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 stars...

...for the Duke Nukem reference alone.

mike9698mike9698about 7 years ago
1*

I don't care about the plausibility of this. I care about another RAAC. How many times do I have to read something that will twist a story like a fucking pretzel just to justify reconciliation. I remember stories with the wife saving the kids lives, she must be a great person deep down so I forgive her. I remember a story with the wife being a doctor who cured her husband's brothers desease but had to fuck to keep her mind right. She saved my brother so I have to forgive her. I could list a hundred other examples with the cheating wife doing something totally unbelievable after years of being a heartless bitch and being forgiven. Now we have her taking a bullet to stop a nuclear bomb. Whats next. Hey my wife may have been fucking my whole family for years but she did stop that alian invasion so she must really love me.give me a fucking break.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Jesus wept...

That wasn't a Duke Nukem reference. Either watch They Live or kill yourself to remove the shame of your existence from humanity.

Damn kids...

VanadornVanadornabout 7 years ago

Looking very forward to the last chapter.

Thanks again!

-V

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 7 years ago
This Is Reminiscent Of

The old time serials that used to run in theaters that would always end with a "cliff hanger": "will he save New York?, what will happen to his marriage?, will he survive now that the loop has been broken?...tune in next week for the exciting conclusion." You have us sitting on the edge of our seats...waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

From the beginning it was a good story. Has all the elements of a Hollywood movie you should try to get it read by someone.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5& deluxe!

This is one of the best stories on Lit, ever.

One of the best stories Lit or not Lit.

This needs to be turned into a blockbuster Hollywood movie.

AmunRa218AmunRa218about 7 years ago
Loved This

It didn't surprise me our hero saved the day. That was to be expected. If I could relive the same day over and over, yes, I would spend time for personal growth in everything I ever wanted to do. Great Great concept!!! So when he comes out of the loop he's fluent in multiple languages, rich, aware and maybe a true human being. Can't wait to see your take on what eventually happens in the marriage and his relationships with friends and family. Hoping you don't let this be a one and done. Your writing is very good. Please keep it up after this. 5 stars and looking for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I had to laugh when

as I started to read the comments I glanced to the right and saw a list of "Similar Stories."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very good read.

If you've reached this far you know how good this story is. Can hardly wait for the next installment.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
So impressive

I generally don't read stories on this site for their entertainment value. I read mostly because I enjoy the craft of writing, and it's interesting to see how other writers do their work. I'll get to that aspect in a minute. First, I want to tell you that this story is thoroughly entertaining. I have found myself logging into this site on a daily basis hoping to see that this chapter had been posted -- and I've never done that with any other story before.

It's easy to see why this took you so long to write. You covered EVERY base so thoroughly, and seemed to think of every detail that could potentially unravel this plot. My only criticism is that perhaps you included TOO much detail. When the action in a story is this fast-paced, you hate to be diverted from it with so many details about the operation. That said, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story.

I'm sure that if there is even a single tiny issue with this plot, the readers here will find it, and they will let you know about it!

As to the craft of writing, I'm dumbfounded that you seem to be writing this story as you go along. I don't know that I could do the same. When I write, I need to have the complete story in my head from beginning to end before I even type out the first character. I'm impressed that you're able to improvise so well.

Again, excellent job. This is the best story on this site, IMHO. I don't know that we necessarily need another chapter, but I wouldn't mind reading another one. I'm sure the LW crowd is curious to know whether these two get back together or whether the hero runs off with the martial art instructor's sister.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent

I'm enjoying this whole series immensely and I thank you for bringing it to us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Crap

Totally stupid, cannot follow without rereading previous chapters.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingabout 7 years ago
Holy Cow!!

This is a fun read 😁

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 7 years ago
Finally!

4 years in a time loop is a looong time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
trapped in the loop

I liked the theory/interpretation that someone offered earlier in this series.

The loop is what the BTB crowd is trapped in. They can't get out, stuck in an eternal cycle of hatred that they cannot resolve. No peace of mind, endlessly searching for cathartic "revenge" in imaginary stories. The comments below provide several examples of those still trapped inside their own time-warp loop.

Well, the protagonist of this story has apparently found his way out. If nothing else, he has made peace with his own past. He's lived his "revenge" which may have helped, but didn't solve the emotional problem. Whether he moves on with or without the wife is another matter.

You'd think that the reasonable choice would be for peace, not a black hole of hatred.

dp222222dp222222about 7 years ago
5 Stars

This is good work and just plain fun. People panning this are not capable of writing of this quality. Either that or they are jealous. Looking forward to part 6.

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanabout 7 years ago
Between Ground Hog and Die Hard!

Nice job, man! Being ex military, I really like it when the bad guys go down. Looking forward to the ending. Don't let the wife off too easy and yes, kick the doctor's ass, big time!

Sincerely,

Santacruzman

maninconnmaninconnabout 7 years ago
Ok, I admit, I like it

Hurry up and put ch. 06 in the queue! I gotta know what happens. Just gotta know!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This story should have been posted in Novels. It's a fun, good, entertaining story, but its not a Loving Wives story.

Remove the wife as cheating slut, and what does the story lose? Almost nothing. I contend even the author has marginalized the normal adultery/discovery substance by putting all the important details in the wife's diary. So now the author can just report what the wife did and why she did it, dispensing with all the dialogue and emotions and alibis and lying and revelations of lying and betrayal and all that other intense interaction between husband and wife that is So Much Work, Whew! Just read the diary, and lets get back to the science fiction part. Hell, in chapter 3 when he finally does confront the wife, the husband doesn't even dangle the wife along to play out her deception and chronic adultery since before they were married, nor make her wallow in the shallow swamp of her reasoning: Oh, you were a lousy fuck, then, I continued just for the fun of it. I'm sorry (you found out!).

For those of us who actually expected a Loving Wives story, this was a bait and switch scam. He might as well have found out that his wife was a kleptomaniac with a closet full of shoes, instead of an opportunistic slut, for all the difference it makes to the focus of this story. The problem with this woman is not that she is immoral or unethical or unloving. She's a self-centered egomaniac with no sense of shame or guilt. Almost all her friends and family knows she's an unrepentant slut, exposing her husband to ridicule and humiliation behind his back, and she continues, because it satisfies her sexual urges, and she lacks any conscience or self respect. The only person's opinion that matters to her is her husband's, and she does everything she can to keep him ignorant of her true character. Tell me that doesn't sound like the 3 year old who's only restraint on her behavior is what gets her punished. Not guilt, not reason, not internal moral compass. This is a woman driven totally by what pleases her or makes her feel good, at that moment.

But she sacrificed herself to take a bullet for her husband? Which was totally unnecessary and acted without thought. Again, a woman driven by the moment and her immediate gut level urges. If the terrorist she hit with a crowbar was met under different circumstances and was sexually exciting to her she would have just as readily dragged him into a utility room and fucked his brains out.

This supposed "wife" should be forgiven for her adultery in the same way you would forgive a child for squeezing a puppy to death. She is simply intellectually and emotionally immature and incompetent to be held responsible for her actions. And that is the reason he should divorce her. She regrets she hurt her husbands feelings, but that's all. She has no self-discipline, no normal senses of shame, guilt, self-restraint, nor self-sacrifice. Why shouldn't she fuck whoever she wants whenever she wants, as long as her husband doesn't know? She is incompetent to answer that question within the bounds of a normal marriage relationship. And does anyone doubt that if she could persuade her husband to become a cuckold, she would merrily continue to be the town bike? Is that going to be in chapter 6?

So it really is a very good story, but it is not a Loving Wives story. I hope someday you write one.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
My big problem with this

He's going through a time loop that enables him to retain his memories and learn. None of the people he's recruiting to this commando mission are. Even a trained professional on active duty would need more than a day to prepare for a mission this complex. Considering the time it takes just to convince them to join him each loop, they're getting no prep time at all.

Either the terrorists should have been less capable so he could stop them himself, or other people should have been drawn into the loop with him as he made them aware of it so they could learn with him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So, this can't be the end of it.....you still have to deal with the slut and her parpamour...

....if our hero learned nothing else, he would have to take military retribution on Dr. Dick, leaving wifey to make a descision about her role in his life going forward.

He has to complete his trade activity and shine big before retiring and he might want wifey to see him fucking a 22 year old intern with the Viking looks and Valkyrie bod....then, maybe they could move on to some semblemce of relationship....unless, of course, the intern was too hot to give up...., then maybe both and a houseful of babies. I dunno. You're the writer, it's your story and I don't mean to be telling it for you, but one too often committed crime here, is not finishing the story.

Some serious flaws in the temporal nature of the ordeal, but an interesting and fun story, either way.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
After the big battle, everything else will be an anticlimax

Chapter five pretty much makes everything that's going to happen in chapter six kind of "whatever."

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Raucous good fun!

Awesome adventure and character development!

I'm interested to see how this episode changes his perspective on dealing with his wayward wife. Thanks so much for a really good and creative piece.

For those that offer critique that it's not really a LW drama... well, I can agree, a bit... but we should all really have some perspective and reserve judgement on the extent to which this story tells the tale of a man dealing with being cheated upon. OK so there's a diversion (the bomb) that forces him to come back and deal with his wife in some manner. And that experience causes him to learn about her, what she feels about him, and reflect with some perspective on what they really had... That's still some pretty impressive LW drama character evolution for being embedded in a kick-ass adventure plot device. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry but this has gotten ridiculous

It in no way is a loving wife story at this point. It's more like a mismash of James Bond and Groundhog Day runs amok. Remember where you are - on a porn site. This sad story belongs elsewhere.

1 star

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
I'm looking forward . . .

. . . for this garbage to end. It's interminably long. Too much ridiculous detail. To echo another's comment, this is "Loving Wives" category, not James Bond. It's just too long and too ridiculous.

cyferxcyferxabout 7 years ago
Morphed into another kind of story

I agree with other commentators that this has essentially stopped being a Loving Wives story. Groundhog Day was an allegory about a messed up human being who needed to keep reliving a day until he became a mensch and learned to truly love someone else. You needed to stick to that premise, what is it that the narrator needs to solve to get the day to stop repeating? This is about him and his discovery that his wife has been cheating on him essentially his whole marriage and he was the last to know. He is a complete and total cuckold. It isn't about Sci-fi, nuclear weapons and time loops (and why would a nuke in NYC cause a man in Trenton to begin to loop anyway), and, most importantly, it completely relegates the LW content, the tremendous amount of cheating in the story (she has to rank among the all-time worse cheaters in LW history!) to a subplot.

The story, it seems, isn't really about her cheating and the devastation it caused in their marriage, it is about how an attempted nuclear attack on NYC caused a time loop on one man (we know of) in Trenton NJ who eventually figures it out and thwarts that devastation, ending the loop. Really, what could the state of his marriage or the aftermath of her cheating really have with that? I might get the allegory between a nuke in real life and a nuke in a marriage, but seriously, we are off track here. He is now going to be rich and famous (although the author is not apparently aware of what happened to Sully after his Miracle on the Hudson) if he and his friends ever get out of the black site from the ruthless interrogation he will have to endure (his only hope was to be anonymous as one of the other three at least will spill the beans on his unending day talk). Really what happens to his marriage is an afterthought to saving the city of New York!

I agree with the other writers that reconciliation will be a tough row to hoe even with her spur of the moment self-sacrifice. Albeit, the self-sacrifice complicates any BTB ending as well. I guess the problem is that you made her such an unrepentant and massively serial and longtime cheater that really where CAN you go with it? Can you make the time loop important to the resolution of their marriage? You hint at it perhaps when you say the time loop burned away a lot of the hate and resentment. But honestly, she was cheating right up to the day before what is now, finally, yesterday, and had planned to cheat that day before it was thwarted, over and over again, by the time loop. He may be over it, but it was just yesterday for her, and really how sorry can she be? She was fine with it right up until she was caught. It will be interesting to see how you thread that needle. Despite all of these issues, it is still a first rate effort and deserves 4*.

WyldcardWyldcardabout 7 years ago

Pretty great stuff.

I'm also uncertain about readers early on who are panning it. It is an actual story, not just a typical LW short.

And yes, years..... years since reading the diary. Years of dealing with the anger and getting revenge, years of getting past the worst of the emotions, years of developing skills, years of redefining his 'self'. And for this chapter, scores of days refining his skills (and his callousness to violence) with each scouting, exploration stage.

Great stuff

romaq7705romaq7705about 7 years ago
kudos

first time at bat and a star is born. very good! look forward to chap 6

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
nice enjoyable ride

enjoyable. hope there there is at least one more chapter to clear up loose ends. just wondering how you would do the cleaning up. story was a "hoot"

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
"She isn't a loving wife!"

Dude, she took a bullet for him. How loving does a wife have to be before she passes your Loving Wife test?

javmor79javmor79about 7 years ago
Very interesting

I agree with Swingerjoe's analysis. I often get caught up in adding a lot of detail. My editor does a great job of slashing them when it gets to be superfluous. I see scenes play out in my head, and I try to translate that on paper. So, I get it.

Still, this is an entertaining series. I feel like I'm watching an episode of 24 (Groundhog day style). Great job. Bring on the conclusion.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Great ride!!!

This was like Mission Impossible on steroids!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 7 years ago
I liked it

It is a hoot.The plot and the critics response reminds me of an old Daddy Duck cartoon, where he is pitching this screen play to a producer 'there is a storm,the hero gets hit by lightening,then the dam breaks and the hero's car skids into a ditch.. on and on for the lenght of the cartoon,' getting all out of breath recounting the tale, sweating, and the producer says 'that' s all?'

Lighten up, guys,it is well written and a load of fun. Btw sully went down in the hudson,not potomac

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 7 years ago
I love this.

Story started out tedious but it has wound,up,and moved along well. This would make an outstanding movie. One that I would definitely go see.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent

I did not like ground hog day, but I'm not a Bill Murray fan. However, I would pay to see this in the movies. I like the "time vortex" twist and the fact that it is a relentless, slow and steady approach by someone who is NOT James Bond. This really is a cool twist on time travel and a well told story.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very exciting! 5 stars!

This story is very well thought out and unique. Thanks for your hard work. I guess some people don't like it because there is nothing to jerk off to.

reasonable man

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 7 years ago
Funny.

How people complain about it not being a loving wives story yet there is a cheating wife in it.

This story is superb yet people piss and moan.

There is a steady stream of cuck shit and mindless btb in this category, the former cheered on by the freaks and worms the latter by the neanderthals and psychopaths.

The same story lines repeated endlessly with the accompanying repeated comments from the same assholes.

This story has flesh and substance and nobody with any brain should give a flying fuck what category it is in.

Rant over.....5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Intense

Great read!!

try1justforfuntry1justforfunabout 7 years ago
Really like it.

I do like how you made the wife a decent person, in her own way. Strange how people who have trouble staying faithful to someone are willing to take a bullet. I am interested in seeing how it pans out.

Your story is fun and excellent, but the last bit seems weaker. After the ambassador leaves the room, you lose your voice. Those paragraphs become a bit of a dull set up for the next part. Your voice is a hell of a lot of fun. Try to keep it even in the cliffhanger/exposition for the next part.

One more note. You may consider writing the whole thing and releasing the chapters every day or every other day. Chapter one is a pretty far off memory by now. On the other hand, it was worth the wait. Great writing, and thank you. I look forward to the conclusion. 5 stars.

icebreadicebreadabout 7 years ago
Bloody good.

This is five stars all the way I hope the next chapter, (you have a next chapter I hope?) won't be too long in coming.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 7 years ago
Ignore the haters, they're mostly anonymice and non authors...

Probably the most creative storyline ever in LW. Well written, hell of a first effort. Kudos, y gracias!!

C_frommnC_frommnabout 7 years ago
Edge of My Seat

Damn good story like the way everything is Going. So far it looks like he Broke the Loop. but we will need to Read Chapter 6 to find out.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinabout 7 years ago
Haters be hatin'

But I'm loving it. Great concept exploration, especially in LW. Fun implausible well written story. 5 more stars.

As for how the next chapter will go with regards to his wife. Sam's had years of getting even and getting past anything in chapter 3. Literally 1400+ days to view their relationship from every angle. It will end however the Kublicon wants it to. And after all the enjoyment I've received by reading this to date...that'll be fine by me.

bmm4422bmm4422about 7 years ago
Correction

I am enjoying the story. I like the groundhog day style. FYI In part 5, you mentioned Captain Sully. Unfortunately, he didn't ditch in the Potomac, his was "the miracle on the Hudson," in NYC.

Rod_WalkerRod_Walkerabout 7 years ago
Congratulations - Most original story ever!

I wish I had thought of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I see him dumping his wife, but without the malice he would have had if he hadn't processed the cheating over time, getting revenge on Dr. Dick just so it sticks in time, and marrying the crazy Korean chick.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@swedishreader1

Let's not forget all the cries for "something different," and then when they get it they complain that it's different from what they're used to!

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
A lot of haters forget

He has had FOUR YEARS and the End of the World (or at least New York City, which for New Yorkers is the same thing) to adjust his attitude toward his wife.

Plus after the 15th time you've given her a fecal facial...even the most ardent BTBer might say that is enough. (What am I saying? It is never enough unless she is distributed in multiple trash bags ala Dexter) For RATIONAL people, four years is enough to get over some pretty harsh wrongs.

The government will not be amused.

HIs bosses will not be amused. Fuck them. He's rich now. It would be nice to see them throw ridiculous amounts of money at him to try to keep him,

In some ways, I am looking forward to what he does to all the people who knew and didn't tell him more than what he does to the wife. After all, THEY, unlike Dr. Dipshit, were supposed to be his friends. I hope he makes them feel 2 inches tall.

DustyRhinoDustyRhinoabout 7 years ago
great story

5*

Hope the ending isn't that this is really her time loop rather than his. One line in this chap opens the possibility

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
I find myself describing the plot to friends and

telling them how much I enjoy the story. I think the category is exactly right. The crux of the story remains the loving wife, or maybe the not-so loving wife. Even after he saves the world, we need to know how he handles his marital situation, once Homeland Security gets done working him over. He has had years to adjust, years to talk with her, to learn her mindset. He's spent years not even seeing her. He now knows he can live without her, thus allowing him to make a decision rationally. It won't be based on financial worries, or the sudden shock of learning his wife is a slut and her family and friends have helped her be one. He's had lots of gratuitous sex, so he won't be influenced by hormones and fears of inadequacy. How many men in loving wives stories ever find themselves so in control of the situation? He's even had his revenge in numerous ways, with varying degrees of violence. He has achieved a place where no man in loving wives has gone before. I am anxious to see how he uses his maturity, experience, intelligence, and humanity in dealing with his cheating wife. In that regard, this is simply far above anything that has previously been posted here.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous