All Comments on 'Playing Favorites'

by JustJaney

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Can't believe

There are no comments. Enjoyed it immensely. Well written, only spotted one spell check gotcha.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great

Excellent writing, thanks! A great read from beginning to end.

acupacupabout 6 years ago
Excellent !!!

I just found you, and went back to read you previous works. All are of the quality I expected. It is nice to have a woman writing here that acknowledges her femininity. I suspect there are others, but leave their gender unchanged in their profile. I did not see any acknowledgement to an editor, so if you are doing this solo my hats off to you. Now if you could just point me in the direction of a good female editor... LOL

Look forward to more.

Acup

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 6 years ago
Great story

I have to agree with acup. I went back and read your others stories and they were also great. Five stars and I have a new favorite author added to my list. I look forward to your next story. But I guess I may have to wait until next year for it :)

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really enjoyed the story

Loved the slow build up and how real you made the characters. 5 stars.

googliciousgoogliciousabout 6 years ago
You had to bring politics into this

JustJaney, I have enjoyed your storytelling in the past and at first this one was no different. But on your second negative mention regards Republicans, I stopped reading. I was fine with the disdane towards Neo-Nazis as they are fringe deviants of our society. But Republicans? You just offended half of society and likely half your fans. I wish you hadn't done this as I doubt it needed to be part of the story. I'm not bashing your talents. Only mentioning that you offended me by putting Republicans in a negative light. Why? Just so you know, I am not going to rate the story as I don't think I should give a low rating because you unknowingly dissed me, a one-time fan. I'm not unreasonable.

I do leave with a bit of perspective. Martin is good and not a Republican because he is a HIgh School science teacher? Hmm, so, Lindsay must be bad and a greedy Capitalist because she works for a company that sells things to other companies as why else is she a trade show team leader if not to make money hand over fist? Oh, did I jump to the wrong conclusion?

JustJaneyJustJaneyabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your feedback

Thank you all for your feedback! It helps keep me motivated to continue writing.

Acup - I do my own editing, although I have considered soliciting the services of someone to help. My issue is not so much typos and grammar as content...

Googlicious - Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on the political comments. I wasn't intending to offend anyone, just give more depth to Lindsay's character. I need to remember that I'm not just writing for myself anymore, and that it might make people stop reading. Will keep that in mind for future reference!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You're a Good Writer

Forget the Republican comments. There are far more negative comments about liberals and Democrats in stories. I would like to see you extend the story and see their relationship grow ultimately to a wedding. On the way, more about Eve and the other teammates' reactions to the romance. I like the softball games sequences and casual interactions. Maybe Lindsay's mother comes for a visit, Lindsay finally combating her self esteem issues, etc.

DreaMajorDreaMajorover 5 years ago
Sensitive and tantalizing

There are many felicities of thought, feeling and phrase in this story. To paraphrase an example, “Yes, the man has moves. It couldn’t be my wantonness.” Very sweet and very sexy. Although I was looking for much more sex in the story, I must say that the ending was well done. In fact, it was all well done— pacing, character development, dialogue— and will stick with me as an illustration of how reality may sometimes turn out well. Of course, we cannot all be young, sweet, smart, a little diffident and a little sassy, and very beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
i dont read lit for politics

or stereotyping,or holier-than-thou. a shame, really, was getting good, but lifes too short to waste time on irritation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

Liked this story also. I didn't mind the little bit about the politics. I know people have to talk about a range of subjects when they are together or it becomes boring if it is about sex all the time. I don't feel like you beat it to death. I will continue to read your stories, so keep writing. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Don't worry about the political

Really, Janey, don't worry about the political stuff. Anybody that is so insecure that they get offended by what a character in a story says, isn't really worth being bothered with. (Poor grammer from a volunteer editor, yeah.) Small people get offended by small things, big people just deal with it and allow others to think differently from themselves.

Really good story, well written. I agree with those who would like to have the story developed with another chapter or two. The relationships in the story, and your readers, deserve further revelation.

detroitdave

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Another excellent story.

Thanks for sharing your talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Politics?

I had an older brother-on-law that said that Republicans never did anything good for the regular working man. I could not disagree with him. He reminded me that if you weaken, you are shit and fucked. He said turn off the messages that you are told to think and look. I guess that things don't change. Keep your political sensibilities. Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ruining a good story

I come to Lit searching for entertainment- not political commentary. It was a nice story and that detour was completely unnecessary and added nothing of substance. Trump won; get over it. And news flash... it’s looking pretty good for 2020!

Knightmajik75Knightmajik75almost 4 years ago
Loved it!

It's so much fun for me to read your stories! I swear if they were set in Canada, they could be about my friends and I playing softball and hanging out. The familial aspect is so appropriate. I also work in the tradshow industry so, it feels like you're writing these stories just for me. Now, if you can just send one of these amazing women up here to play with my co-ed team (well.. Post quarantine), I would be forever in your debt! ;p

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

He chased her until she caught him

Lovely story. I'm a sucker for romantic stories, so I didn't want it to end.

Thanks for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Politics. Ah yes, that's exactly what i felt was missing from erotic literature. Thank you for making me realize this. The protagonist is insufferable.

EVLoverEVLoverabout 1 year ago

Another wonderful story…thank you.

I, too, was a high school science teacher who didn’t make much money. It was the best job I ever had. Glad that Linds was wise beyond her years in recognizing that having a good time and being able to touch the lives of other in a good way can beat a miserable big pay check.

Like others, I would love a second or third chapter, yet, I’ve read enough of your stories to know that that is not your style.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJustJaney@JustJaney
Ack! I just confessed to my husband that I've been writing erotic romance for years and publishing on Literotica. I'm not sure what I was worried about...now he's volunteering to help me "research" for my next story. ;-)